[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's Marvel going to do when the Inhumans movie gets cancelled?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7
File: ZZ7F33C6E0.jpg (164 KB, 800x1143) Image search: [Google]
ZZ7F33C6E0.jpg
164 KB, 800x1143
What's Marvel going to do when the Inhumans movie gets cancelled?
>>
>>83580352
every other event will have the Inhumans.
>>
What a wet fart of a launch
>>
Why is that kid holding a GameBoy Advance when this teaser was published in 2013? Did this character ever actually become a thing? Did the Fraction Inhumans book materialize?
>>
Who are the Inhumans and why should I care?
>>
>>83580352
They'll still keep pushing the Inhumans.

Publishing has been fired from influence over the movies but still controls the TV series, merchandising, games (why do you think Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch don't appear in most of those?), and they'll keep on pushing for Inhumans in all those areas.

They will never give up and never surrender.
>>
>>83580468
X-men substitutes since Marvel can't use the X-men anymore.

It'll probably do well like Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>83580451
>Did the Fraction Inhumans book materialize?

Fraction got dumped because Marvel wanted something closer to Games of Thrones than whatever direction Fraction was going (probably X-Men lite I guess). Then they got Soule to do it.

Now I am guessing he is regretting signing the Marvel exclusive and being given a turkey like Inhumans now there is no movie. Should have stuck with DC, if he had played his cards right he'd have been writing Wonder Woman or getting a Batbook right now instead of Inhuman books no one cares about and being castigated for his run on DD.
>>
>>83580468
Kree came many of years ago and tried to turn humans into bioweapons
what they got was a breed of human that gains powers when exposed to a certain special mist
too many off them tended to just blow up or otherwise be effectively crippled so they scrapped that project and left them with free run of the moon base

over the next few thousand years they developed their own culture, revolving around a royal family and the mists. they even became rather notable figures in galactic politics

some shit happened, their moon city got blow up and many die, in response their king released a mist bomb on Earth to turn anyone with inhuman ancestry into a 'nuhuman'. he abdicated the throne shortly after, leaving everything to his wife to clean up his mess while he runs a snazzy bar.

also said mist bomb happens to give mutants a deadly pox
>>
>>83581884
>their king released a mist bomb on Earth to turn anyone with inhuman ancestry into a 'nuhuman'. he abdicated the throne shortly after, leaving everything to his wife to clean up his mess while he runs a snazzy bar.

I think this irks me the most. You have Black Bolt doing the things Cyclops got crucified for and all he gets is a few icy stares from his wife. One of the NuHumans, the guy with rock powers, lost his family and entire town from the mists and he never acknowledged this and seems totally fine chilling with Black bolts crew.
>>
>>83580352
Pretend like they never existed, just like before.
>>
>>83580352
Xmen rebirth
>>
>>83583753
He hasn't been around. He was in new avengers during inhuman and got written out of uncanny after the first arc. Plus it is implied most people don't know the bomb was intentional. Humans think thanos did it, and the people karnak told think it was meant to throw thanos off. Only max and bb know the truth.
>>
>>83580352

Alex Mercer was Inhuman?
>>
I've been liking Karnak.
So that's something
>>
>>83581884
Is Carol Danvers sort of a Inhuman? She got some Kree blood on her.
>>
>>83580468
A bunch of jerks and you shouldn't.
>>
>>83580352
the same thing every studio does when a project doesn't work out the way they hoped

make something else
>>
>>83580352
It already did get cancelled.
Now they're waiting until they're popular before doing a movie, so basically never
I just wish Carol Danvers would get the Sam treatment since she has just about as much interest as the Inhumans
>>
>>83581658
>whatever direction Fraction was going
Marvel wanted it to be Superhuman Game of Thrones. Fraction wanted it to be SJW Pandering: The Comic, and this was a year before Ms. Marvel had inadvertently proven to Marvel that SJW pandering could be successful (mind you that Ms. Marvel is fantastic and I'm not saying it isn't, but there's no denying that her success is what inspired Marvel to race/genderswap so many of their characters the following two years).
>>
File: tumblr_nynek3zIxe1spe9yao1_500.png (399 KB, 441x427) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nynek3zIxe1spe9yao1_500.png
399 KB, 441x427
Bring Back Balloon Head!
>>
>>83584597
eh, the Kree made the inhumans by manually tweaking human genomes, rather than just jamming Kree genes in there like what happened with Carol.

If I remember right, it wasn't even Kree science that gave Carol her powers, it was some other alien scientist guy who had his own gene manipulator machine that both she and Mar-Vell got slammed into at once, accidentally setting it off
>>
>>83584597
No, she's a Kree/Human Hybrid. Inhumans are the result of Kree trying to replicate the experiments the Celestials did to create the Eternals, but the end result was closer to the Deviants because obviously the Kree couldn't come anywhere close to literal Space Gods.
>>
>>83584823
Sam Falcon is cool in the MCU, how Carol is going to be made cool?
>>
>>83584899
Go full Reed Carol
>>
File: 1465055620693.gif (1 MB, 468x576) Image search: [Google]
1465055620693.gif
1 MB, 468x576
>>83581884
Than always sounded WAY MORE INTERESTING than mutants.

Do they have any good run?
>>
>>83584916
What is Reed Carol?
>>
>>83585090
Marvel of Murder
>>
>>83584988
A guy named Jenkins aparently did a 12 issues run on the inhumans which seem to be the best the story they ever had, I am still waiting for someone to storytime it
>>
>>83585136
Yikes!

I'm no longer interested in her movie.
>>
>>83584988
Jenkins inhumans
Silent war
Inhumans right of birth
That is all i having off the top of my head
>>
What came first, Inhumans or Mutants?
>>
>>83584988
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/books-comics/inhumans/231284/the-inhumans-14-essential-marvel-stories

this covers most of their notable stuff and what each story focused on
>>
>>83584899
Give her a decent actress and an actual personality. People round here Will still hate her though. Cos she'll punch a male bad guy or say something nasty to him and people will cry "SJW BULLSHIT women have less upper body strength than men. Why does she talk in memes and cuck everyone. I'm so tired of much strong independent woman"
Basically the only way comic fans will like her in the movie is if she's portrayed as subservient weak willed and meek like scarlet witch in civil war.
v
Not even being an sjw on this. Seriously can any of you conceive of a way /co/ doesn't hate her if she's not basically Elizabeth Olsen 2.0?
>>
>>83585378
Inhumans first showed up in 1945, mutants first showed up in 1963

but the whole 'potential inhumans amongst the human population' thing is a modern invention, prior to that they were just those weird people that lived on the moon and mostly kept to themselves when they could.
>>
>>83585378
Mutants. Celestials create them. Then years later the Kree show up and try to make their own muties and end up with Inhumans
>>
>>83585136
Okay, but to be fair, fuck Skrulls.

They're the green men from outer space who come to take over Earth.
>>
>>83585136
Kek, awesome
>>
>>83585548
yeah, while her kill count is like six digits long, most of those were brood, most of the rest were skrulls, and the small remainder were villains that deserved it
>>
File: 1317612423387.png (34 KB, 298x279) Image search: [Google]
1317612423387.png
34 KB, 298x279
>>83585136
>>
>>83585624
There's literally nothing wrong with killing Brood and Skrulls. They're cosmic cockroaches.
>>
>>83585530
I thought apoc was the first mutant and only 5000 years old.
>>
>>83585685
>>
>>83585788
Celestials created the X-gene at the same time as them creating the Eternals and Deviants. It just never triggered in anyone until Apocalypse and didn't become widespread until post-WWII nuclear testing and bombs started causing them to trigger.
>>
>>83585821
>I WANTED TO KILL THE WHOLE DAMN SPECIES.

A feminist hero is Pro-Genocide? WTF!?!?!?!?!
>>
>>83585821
Is the Brood rights with Fox or Marvel?

We can have a copy,of the Xenomorphs in the MCU.
>>
>>83585432
Did /co/ hate Black Widow in Winter Soldier and Civil War? I'm not sure. I'm sure some people did but she was generally a better character in those movies than the Avengers movies, so people liked her better.

Plus even anti-SJW types often claim to like Carol before the "Carol Corps" push, which wiped out all her flaws and made her a character admired and loved by all. That's a bigger problem than punching stuff.

Basically if she punches stuff and has a reasonable amount of flaws there won't be enough haters to make a difference even on a message board.
>>
>>83581884
That sounds way more interesting that 'muh civil war XXIV'
>>
>>83584398
Alex Mercer wasn't even regular human.
>>
>>83585136
At least Carol being a sadistic supermurderer means she has at least one character trait.
>>
>>83587726
Probably. I think we were still salty she took Jan's spot in the founding line up. And then we were salty that Marvel tried to push her as being important the whole time when she had basically been relegated to a supporting character at best prior to the movies
>>
>>83587679
Probably Fox. They're pretty closely associated with the X-men.
>>
>>83587726
>which wiped out all her flaws
Most of her personality has been reset back to her pre-KSD days. You really should check out her new run. It's nothing ground-breaking, but it's a solid book.
>>
is that bernie sanders in OP's pic?
>>
>>83589438
Yeah, her current book is pretty good. It doesn't get half the promotion KSD's version did because in today's market you have to promote your comics yourself, and Butters and Fazekas don't have time (because they have real jobs).

The think-piece coverage of the movie will be completely insufferable but I don't think the movie version of Carol will offend either SJWs or anti-SJWs. Just because when you make a big-league movie you have to appeal to as many people as possible.
>>
>>83589685
>I don't think the movie version of Carol will offend either SJWs or anti-SJWs
Both sides live to be offended. They'll FIND something to be offended by no matter how completely inconsequential. Which is really why you shouldn't worry about offending them when creating a product because they'll likely be offended regardless.
>>
>>83585287
>oh dearie me such violence
fag.
>>
>>83587489
Who isn't pro-genocide against devil space-roaches?
>>
>>83585548
>Okay, but to be fair, fuck Skrulls
I think this sentence alone ties up nearly half of cosmic marvel
>>
>>83590718
You're the fag.

Comic book is for autists.
>>
>>83591080
Skrulls are the Space Jews.
>>
>>83585238
Paul Jenkins (now with Aftershock).

MKdude storytimed Marvel Knights Inhumans long ago, but lost in the archies.
>>
>>83580352

Why did Ike even have such a hard on for Inhumans?
>>
>>83593156
Spite and hatred directed at Fox. He was seething that Fox would forever have control of the X-Men, so he wanted to make Inhumans the new mutants and prove to Fox that Marvel could get by without the X-Men.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.