[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dishonored #1 Lettered Preview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 15
File: Dishonored_01_Cover_A.jpg (115 KB, 650x986) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored_01_Cover_A.jpg
115 KB, 650x986
Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?
>>
File: Dishonored-Preview-1-.jpg (121 KB, 650x987) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored-Preview-1-.jpg
121 KB, 650x987
DISHONORED #1
W) Gordon Rennie (A) Andrea Olimpieri (CA) Fabio Listrani

The city of Dunwall: whaling capital of Gristol and industrial hub of the Empire of the Isles. Twelve years have passed since Corvo Attano scuppered the Lord Regent’s duplicitous plot against the crown and cleared his name of the Empress Jessamine’s murder. Now a little older and perhaps a little wiser, Corvo sets his sights on the future and securing an apprentice to continue his legacy. But when confronted by an impossible face from his past, the magically-gifted assassin finds himself once again drawn into a supernatural conspiracy, one that threatens to shake the very foundations of his ancient city!
>>
File: Dishonored-Preview-2.jpg (113 KB, 650x987) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored-Preview-2.jpg
113 KB, 650x987
>>
File: Dishonored-Preview-3.jpg (127 KB, 650x987) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored-Preview-3.jpg
127 KB, 650x987
>>
File: Dishonored-Preview-4.jpg (118 KB, 650x987) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored-Preview-4.jpg
118 KB, 650x987
>>
>>83578526
Is this based on the first game?
>>
And variant covers.
>>
>>83578609
12 years after the first game, just before Dishonored 2's story.
>>
>>
>>83578609
>>83578635
>Bethesda Softworks announced that the world of Dishonored will soon receive its own comic and novel tie-ins. Starting this summer, Titan Comics and Books will publish two miniseries set after the end of Dishonored, leading into this November's Dishonored 2.

>The first issue of the four-part comic series will arrive Aug. 3, according to Bethesda, with two more issues coming in September before the series concludes in October. The full collection will come to bookstores Nov. 29. The comics will depict assassin Corvo Attano's attempt to find a successor, 12 years after his adventure in Dishonored wrapped.

>These events will take place before the events of Dishonored 2, the upcoming sequel starring a grown-up Emily Kaldwin, who first appeared as a child in Dishonored. But Dishonored — The Corroded Man, a novel set to release this September, will more definitively fill in the blanks between the first and second games. After Dishonored 2 launches later this fall, two more books focusing on both Corvo and Emily will arrive; they're set for 2017.
>>
>>83578680
Damn, that game is a long way off for a tie-in comic.
>>
Looking forward to this.

I really want Dishonored to be successful because they created a really intriguing world.
>>
>>83580414
shush, you're going to summon Razorfist in here and he'll lecture us on why we should be ashamed that Dishonored isn't Thief.
>>
>>83581413
>Razorfist
Who?
>>
The art is shit.
>>
>>83581413
Of course it isn't. It hasn't been ruined, rebooted and forgotten yet.

Though I'm one to talk, I miss the Prince every day.
>>
>>83578554
>female apprentice
Not wanting some dude to make the same mistake and knock up the empress eh?
Can't blame him.
>>
This is great, I absolutely loved Dishonored
>>
I'm always eager to see more Dishonoured.
>>
>>83581964
Can't be bringing in people who might fuck your daughter, man. Then they make Emily a lesbian for 2 and Corvo's plan backfires.
>>
Anyone else excited about the gameplay trailer coming out at E3? Really like what I've seen of the game so far.
>>
>>83581964
Joke's on Corvo, now Emily is Soft Butch.
>>
>>83582017
>spoiler
Implying that's not just according to Corvo's keikaku, anon.
>>
>>83582055

I kind of wish Dishonored 2 had new main characters. Was pretty content with the ending.
>>
>>83582078
I really hope they'll retouch Emily's face a little to be a bit softer.
>>
>>83582055
Was that confirmed to be at E3?
>>
>>83582121
I thought Dishonored 2 does have 2 main characters: Corvo and Emily.

I guess Emily's Golden Age will have to wait until after she puts some fools in some horrible but nonlethal fates.
>>
This might give me motivation to continue my current replay.

>>83579760
Game's out this November. Comic starts in August. That's 4 issues in 3 months.

>>83582189
I think he means completely new characters. Separate from the first game but same world.
>>
>>83582173
Yeah June 12.
>>
>>83582189
Her golden age seems to take place when she's already pretty old, if that model was anything to go by.
I'm personally looking forward to her conversations with the Outsider
>>
>>83582264
>Separate from the first game but same world.
Ah. Maybe the next game could have Corvo's apprentice(s) for when he's too old for the assassin game.

>>83582295
I am desperate for more information about the Outsider. What is that guy's deal?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
>>83582126
Well given that the character designs were pretty stylized, I don't mind it.

In fact it's kinda refreshing to have a female character with sharper features.
She isn't conventionally beautiful.
More of what you'd call a handsome woman.
>>
>>83582342
According to wiki he was an abused orphan who was subjected to a ritual by an occult group to become part with the Void. He was 15 when he died.
>>
>>83582402
Well she'd definitely make a great carpet muncher, I'll give you that.
She looks like she got some asian in her though.
>>
>>83582624
Eh, I don't even want to know about her lovelife.
I just want father-daughter bonding over the screams of people being devoured by a swarm of piranha rats.
>>
>>83582540
God I hope that's retconned. The Outsider being human is fucking terrible.
>>
Guess that zombie apocalypse got wrapped up.
>>
>>83582874
Zombie apocalypse?
>>
>>83582874
Nigga you didn't even slightly pay attention.
>>
File: 1458592085098.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458592085098.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>>83582764
>not bonding over choking someone unconscious and dropping their bodies where they aren't harmed any further.
>>
>>83583179
To be fair some of the non-lethal approaches are worse than death.
>>
>>83583320
Only one I remember is exiling the guy and him not being allowed to talk to anybody
>>
>>83585283
For the twins you have them disfigured with their tongues ripped out, and send them to a mine to work.
>>
>>83585283
Lady Boyle ends up as a sex slave, The Pendletons end up tongueless and digging in their own mines as slaves until they die. The Lord Regent just has his crimes exposed and is presumably tried and executed legally.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPWCkhulCn8
>>
>>83582402
You know I can't recall the last time I saw a female protagonist with a pronounced nose.
>>
I want to hug Emily Kaldwin non-sexually.
>>
>>83588512
You can't hug smoke
>>
>>83588512

If she has powers and probably got them through Corvo, does that make the Outsider her grandfather?
>>
>>83582874
Pretty sure Dishonored 2 follows the low chaos ending where the two scientists dudes are able to work together and create a cure for the plague.
>>
>>83578526
I'm a bit disappointed the art style isn't more stylized, I was hoping for something more like the animated shorts they did for the first game. I loved how they kept the art minimalist and really took advantage of the lack of color.
>>
>>83591063
None of the endings are canon. They cobbled together an official ending out of all of them and Dishonored 2 works off that. We don't know what elements are canon now until the game comes out.
>>
>>83589343
She probably got her powers through the Outsider. He had an interest in her in the first game, and after the coup in 2 I imagine he'd be eager to hand out the gifts.
>>
>>83592960
>Time to formally introduce me to your young friend, Corvo?
>>
>>83593055
I bet he would. The Outsider, for all his cryptic bullshit and vaguely sinister air, does nothing but help Corvo. God knows what he actually wants, in the end, but still, he's a useful ally.
>>
>>83593055
>So...ah...Emily
>Does your dad ever talk about me?
>>
Fuck yes, I loved the first game.
>>
>>83591800

Hopefully they spared Daud, I really enjoyed playing through his DLC.

>>83593094

Well in the first game, he wanted to keep Corvo's kingdom going for some reason, that's why he was so pissed off that Daud killed the Empress. He not only helped Corvo, but pushed Daud to stop that witch from taking over Emily's body.
>>
>>83593114
Honestly, if Corvo stopped using the Outsider's powers after he saved Emily I COULD see him going all "jilted lover" on him. Playing hard to get might make him even more interesting to ol' Mr Black Eyes.

>>83593894
Oh, he took an active hand in keeping Emily on the throne? Well "behind the scenes active" but still. I never bought the Brigmore Witches.
>>
>>83593934

Yeah, Brigmore Witches still took place before Corvo and Daud have their final duel. Delilah had been using the powers given to her by the Outsider to get new hosts bodies, so she was planning to take over Emily's body.

Daud either kills her, or messes up her ritual so she gets sucked into the void.
>>
>>83594088
Wait, you mean like, traps her in the void, right? Not makes her into another Outsider? Because the latter sounds like a REALLY bad idea.
>>
>>83593934
You should play the Daud DLCs, I actually found them better than the main game.
>>
>>83594414

Nah it doesn't make her into another Outsider.

She's just gets lost into the oblivion
>>
>>83583179
But the deaths are so much more fun.

Why give me an army of rats and that goddamn razorwire mine if you're not going to have me use it?

Plus, it's pretty easy to get even an unconscious guard killed.
I remember trying to stash a body on top of a cupboard somewhere, but guy just slid off and was dead suddenly. Must have landed on his neck.
Also dragging them to garbage containers and closing them so the rat patrol didn't get to them was also kind of a hazzle.
>>
>>83595667
Going full-nonlethal forces you to have patience because there are more guards than tranq darts. You have to time your chokes with care. What skill is there in shooting and stabbing your way through every level?

Besides, killing everyone sets a bad example for Emily.
>>
>>83595919
It's fun?

I like to experience all the game has to offer. And if you're going non-lethal you miss out on a lot of the more creative gadgetry.
A non-lethal run might be more challenging, but all you get to see for it is the back of a lot of bald men's heads as you choke them out.

In the end I sorta flip-flopped between doing what was challenging and what was fun and still got the good ending.

So really Emily needs to know that life is precious, but when you got the possibility of hilariously decapitating a guard or shoving a hooker off of a balcony, you owe it to yourself to take the chance.
>>
>>83585419
Christ I forgot that one. I think I chose everyone to have a non lethal fate mostly because some were either too easy to kill from a distance or the alternatives were stuff like that where you just wanted to see them punished severely.
>>
>>83582813
I wouldn't mind it but yes, I prefer my magic giving cryptic motherfuckers to be otherworldly beings from the start (well the people who are given powers and ascend are fine too, it is just the human interference like experimentation or overdosing on random enhancement drugs that annoys me)
>>
>>83595667
I loved getting a bunch of guards riled up before stopping time, attaching a razorwire mine to one, and then backing the fuck away as he sliced up all his buddies for me.

Killing them whores was also fun.

I mean, Emily came out a little off-kilter, but I avenged her mother and saved her life, and that's what's important.
>>
>>83588471
Pearl?
>>
>>83578526
Why wasn't anyone intimidated by the mask? It was awesome! All the passerby and my would-be victims did was make fun of it.
>>
>>83595667
>>83596039
I'm >>83596047 and yeah that part did bug me. I got the rat upgrade and when I decided to go nonlethal never used it again. By the end of the game I could buy sooooo much stuff but since most of it was lethal it was pretty useless to me. I prefer when games give you an equal balance of both, I really need to replay deus ex since the new one is coming out and because I have no save from it anymore (system broke years ago and I didn't realize till months after that game data before that moment was gone) but from what I remember that had a decent dose of stealth options or at least enough passive upgrades to make points worth earning. Too many stealth games say you can do whatever you want then strongly lean in one direction like they're winking "this is what you should be doing"
>>
>>83578526
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hxGZRU4Y6k
>>
>>83596039
Stealth high chaos is the most fun way to play the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhLcm3uPCME
>>
>>83581827
I never finished that game that brought him back, I was so fucking happy to have it too but so many things got in the way when I was trying to play it that I ended up putting it on the backburner and wanting to just restart it from the beginning later...I need to do that.
>>
>>83597260
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKyT19o-Nl8

Videos like this make me realize how bad I am at this game.
>>
>>83597363
That's all done with intimate knowledge of the map layout, NPC pathing and AI scripts, game mechanics/physics and countless trial runs, it's not something you do on your first try or just because you're "good" or something.
>>
>>83597282
You mean "The Forgotten Sands"? Yeah, that one just came and went.

It lacked two of PoP's greatest assets:
1. A good story
2. A rewarding combat system

The platforming was still pretty fun, but that's about it. Especially considering how goddamn short it turned out to be.

I just wish Ubisoft made some HD remakes of the SoT trilogy.
Come on! You're not working on 15 Assassin's Creed games at the moment, so some of your teams should have manpower to spare for that.
>>
>>83578652
Is this real?
>>
>>83597924
The cover? Yeah I guess so.
>>
File: tell me your secrets grass.jpg (171 KB, 346x500) Image search: [Google]
tell me your secrets grass.jpg
171 KB, 346x500
>>83597924
What do you mean?
>>
>>83582540
That's an awful backstory, he should be the human form of the king whale like everyone theorised!
>>
>>83585455
>Lady Boyle ends up a sex slave

Eh, that was kind of ambiguous, he could have just meant that she was destined for a loveless, impoverished marriage far away from the riches and hedonism she so enjoyed.
>>
File: in deed i believe so.png (86 KB, 165x300) Image search: [Google]
in deed i believe so.png
86 KB, 165x300
>>83578526
indeed I believe so
>>
>>83598265
>>83582813
You are retards if you think that's in any way "bad".
>>
>>83596039
That's probably why the new game's trailer had robots. I never did any swordfighting at all in the original
>>
>>83598324
I thought the guy you were giving her to was rich, so she would just be a well-kept prisoner for the rest of her life.
>>
>>83599878
He was a penniless nobleman, not rich.
>>
>>83588512
I though she was some kind of shadow thing. Reminded me of Lassombras from Vampire the Maquerade.
>>
>>83598324
I dunno, the Outsider spells it out to you pretty plainly.
>>
>tfw they're changing the voice actor for Outsider in the sequel

I don't know how to feel about that, his voice was really unique. In the trailer it's still the original actor, but in the game it's gonna be someone else.
>>
>>83596138
That mask was badass
>>
>>83600903
Yeah I thought his voice was perfectly sexy and mysterious.
>>
>>83593894
Pretty sure they've said something about Daud being spared.
>>
>>83603891
I hope he shows up. He was my favorite from the first game, those DLCs were great.
>>
>>83604008
I still remember the first time I found his room, using Time Stop to try and sneak up on him for a choke out, and him going "So it's come to this" and charging out meet me, sword drawn while everything around us was frozen. That shit nearly gave me a heart attack.
>>
>>83582078
Penis...

I agree with you today
>>
>>83604083
I did a high chaos run the first time I played the game, but for some reason I spared Daud.

After I played the DLCs, I was glad I didn't kill him.
>>
Why is /co/ so much better when it comes to vidya discussion?
>>
>>83598324
Nigga just because the she's held in a pretty mansion doesn't mean she's not still a fucking prisoner. Gilded cage and all that.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.