[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about how much Marvel is shitting the bed right now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12
File: gwenpool sucks and u mad.jpg (191 KB, 648x752) Image search: [Google]
gwenpool sucks and u mad.jpg
191 KB, 648x752
Can we talk about how much Marvel is shitting the bed right now?

>terrible events
>reboots every couple of months
>taking a shit on the universe because ''muh movie rights''
>terrible gimmick cash in characters like pic related.
>they hire subpart artist and writters

Who can we blame about this, /co/ ?

Can marvel be saved?

Please lets keep it civil, no autism or white knights allowed
>>
i'm so annoyed with the daily marvel hate threads
>>
>>83571059
Movie Thor is female?
Movie Cap is black?
Movie Hulk is asian?

Wtf did all this happen?
>>
>>83571059
I really don't get how people can defend Marvel anymore
>>
>>83571059
Don't forget 3.99 across the board and pushing for 4.99 with their #1s
>>
>>83571059
>no autism
And yet here we are.
>>
>>83571158

You know what I mean with autism, I mean waifu faggots throwing a fit because ''muh Gwenpool is a good character. S-shut up!!''
>>
File: tumblr_n2h8pg1lB01r86ysgo2_1280.png (220 KB, 633x457) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2h8pg1lB01r86ysgo2_1280.png
220 KB, 633x457
I miss when the X-Men were treated well. 1# best seller for 20+ years but whatever its not like the series is important or anything.
>>
>>83571059
the sad part is they have great sales. In April they had almost half of all sales according to Diamond stats.
Slightly less if we count money rather than sold issues, but still biggest in the market.

Marvel has become Michael Bay of comics.
>>
Every one of these threads.... you are not the target audience any more. Move on, find a new hobby.
>>
>>83571251
That's... kind of stupid. It would be like saying that in the 90's girls shouldn't be comic nerds because they weren't the target audience, and should find a new hobby.
>>
>>83571251
Who is then?
>>
>>83571251
>comics are only marvel
>>
Eh, they put out a few good comics. Karnak, Vision, Nighthawk and Hyperion are pretty sweet.
Their business practices are kinda reprehensible, but I'm a filthy pirate with no room to talk.
>>
>and they're still beating DC in comic sales
lmao
>>
>>83571059
>Can we talk about how much Marvel is shitting the bed right now?
How else are you going to prove you fit in here?
>>
I'm just starting to get into western comics this year and now you're telling me it's all gone down the toilets?
T-thanks God.
>>
>>83571059
>>83571059
>>reboots every couple of months

Relaunches are not the the same as reboots. A reboot is what DC has done with the first Crisis, Zero Hour and Flashpoint. Marvel Now and the like are just a bunch of new #1's but the continuity is still the same

>terrible gimmick cash in characters like pic related.

Debatable

>they hire subpart artist and writters

>Muh house style
>Muh I can't fap to this female character so that means the art is shit

Other then that Marvel is pretty shit. But then again that is a problem with modern corporate cape comic and you should probably move on to something better
>>
>>83571059
Oh hey, Megafag is back.
>>
>>83571204
>people like something I don't
>better shitpost on 4chan
You big fat faggot.
>>
>>83571432
Of the Big 2 you are better off sticking with DC.
>>
>>83571059
>reboots every couple of months

That's DC you retard.
>>
>>83571432
>gone down the toilet
Comics have been in the toilet since 1989
>>
>>83571432
The obvious solution to this problem is to not read non-imprint Big Two.
>>
>>83571564
Megafag is incapable of not shitposting. It's the only thing that sustains him.
>>
>>83571526
>>83571663
Who the hell is Megafag? I vaguely remember the name.
>>
>>83571291
For the majority they weren't. It isn't news that it was a male dominated thing right?

You can be a fan if you enjoy it but when you don't recognise that you are not longer the quality control that they are producing for then and you shouldn't be mad about it. Do you care that high fashion people don't take into account your tastes when they arrange their shows?
>>
>>83571079

Maybe if Marvel wasn't shit you wouldn't have to see these threads.
>>
>>83571059
Relaunches not reboots.
>>
>>83571432
With Marvel it's better to stick with C-list characters with little name recognition like>>83571355 generally the A-B list characters are perpetually stuck in sub par events or popularity stunts for controversy to make people care about them.
DC makes mistakes, but it seems it's them genuinely fucking up then doing it for "any press is good press" stunts like Marvel. You'll get a lot of better quality comics across the board in general, but DC has only just started to acknowledge it's mistakes with Rebirth making the New 52 a canonical mistake, with an outside force stealing ten years from the universe resulting in the fucked up timelines and legacies DC used to be known for.
>>
>>83571692
>Who the hell is Megafag?

is this Gwenpool white knight that spends most of his day going into threads to see if people are talking shit about gwenpool and white knight her.

I shit you not, see how he loses his shit on every thread involving gwenpool calling everybody a mega faggot or some shit

its really sad.
>>
File: CWTRzk7WEAEeJpQ.jpg (75 KB, 500x753) Image search: [Google]
CWTRzk7WEAEeJpQ.jpg
75 KB, 500x753
>>83571059
I like Gwen Pool. She's cute. CUTE!
>>
>>83571786

its the same, a lot of times the books change the creative team and direction of the book with each relaunch
>>
>>83571899
This meme is so pathetic. There's probably an old man behind this post.
>>
>>83571779
>It's an impressive display of autism even by 4chan standards.

Not even close
How new are you?
>>
>>83571059
blame liberal sjw's

>>83571079
liberal sjw triggered
>>
>>83571913
>Megafag doesn't know what a reboot is
Tack that onto the massive list of things that Megafag is too autistic to comprehend.
>>
>>83571938
21. If you're younger than me you're a literal child. If you're older than me, that's just pathetic.
>>
>>83571059
>Marvel is shitting the bed
i disagree
>>
>>83572049
nah Newfriend
Megafag is not even in the top 80% of autistic posters on 4chan let alone /co/
>>
File: laughing superman.jpg (39 KB, 231x239) Image search: [Google]
laughing superman.jpg
39 KB, 231x239
>"G-guys! I said I don't like the same thing you don't! Am I one of you yet? ROFL THEY SUCK! How about now?"
>>
>>83572091
Yeah they're selling more than everybody else so they're doing something right.
>>
>>83571059
*subpar
>>
that artwork...
>>
>>83572080
Stop pretending, we know you're a fat balding 30 years old 90's kid, who shits himself often.
>>
>mad exposure from the movies
>selling much more comics than the competition (Rebirth aside)
>loadsamoney from dem sweet sweet variants
>showing no signs of slowing down
They're doing alright for themselves.
>>
>>83572275
But what about the heart, anon?
>>
>>83572275

hurting your brand for the sake of sales is not smart, is just focusing on the short term earnings which is dumb.

The are relying too much on Disney having their backs
>>
>>83572275
Kek, if by "selling much more comics" you actually mean "selling much more Star Wars comics" than sure.
>>
Marvel from a quality point of view, is completely shit right now. There are a couple of exceptions like Vision and Black Panther, but othen than that, there is nothing worth to read.
>>
>>83572345
Marvel has never done anything but focus on short term earnings. That's why they almost always win the month to month rankings, but have nearly no trade sales or evergreen prestige stories that do well in book stores.
>>
>>83571355
none of them are good
>>
>>83571355

Karnak is kind of good.
>>
>>83571618
Why 1989 is your cut-off date? Personaly i use 2005 as a cut off for marvel, because house of m and bendis. And 2011 for dc since new52.
>>
>>83572459

Black Panther is literally the worst book they're putting out after Gwen pool

>lol blacks amiritre?! XD

inb4 white knights get triggered and call me a mega faggot
>>
>>83572710

oh look, is the mega fag shitting on my waifu! get a life megafag or I will keep shitposting! I have all day and I'm triggered as fuck!
>>
>>83572389
They sell buttloads of non-Star Wars though.
And Star Wars doesn't count because?
>>
FIRE AXEL
FIRE JOE
FIRE TOM
FIRE SANA
FIRE BENDIS
FIRE AARON
FIRE LEMIRE
FIRE DAN
FIRE WAID

until 6 of those 9 names are gone nothing is going to change.
>>
>>83572827

this its so patcheti to see these mega faggots and same faggots and shill faggots defending their precious meme waifu lol

so STOP CALLING ME A MEGAFAG IT S NOT FUNNY ANYMORE OK SO JUST STOP
>>
>>83571432

wow, mega faggot hating on my waifu detected, eat shit! gwenpool is cute!!
>>
>>83571059
Post your comic.
>>
>>83571059
>no autism allowed
You broke your own rule the second you made this thread, Megafag.
>>
>>83572960
Don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again.
>>
>>83571432
It all went down the toilet around 1987. This is just a bait thread made by own of our resident shitposters though so don't take it to heart. If you want some good comic recommendations, feel free to make a thread and we'll point you in the right direction.
>>
>>83572906
Looks like your cunning plan to fit in failed, megafag
>>
>>83573056

>''if you don't stop making gwenpool hate thread I'm going to stay here all day calling everybody a faggot! Now who is looking like a moron , anon???''
>>
>>83571079
Well, blame /pol/.
>>
>>83573138
>"See everyone? I'm just like you! LOVE ME!"
>>
>>83571612
Now, Right Now, All New, All New All Different and Now Again would like a word with you, retard.
>>
>>83573052
Why this year specificaly? Was this because of crisis?
>>
autism is really terrible.
>>83571079
I wonder if it's only 1 shitposter who spams about different subjects that he fixates on periodically or it's multiple spammers each with his subject of preference
>>
>>83573285

Yeah, because Marvel shitting the bed again and again is not a thing that is happening.

Nice try megafag
>>
>>83572096
you don't think it's an old shitposter who is now shitposting on gwenpool ?
>>83572109
nah, it's just an excuse to shitpost
>>
I bet it's Isaac Perlmutter sabotaging the comics to piss off Kevin Feige and Disney.
>>
>>83572858
Bendis and Aaron can be good if you let them write what they are good art, which is street level stories for Bendis, and B movie like horror from Aaron. Just get them out of their current titles.
>>
Will the inhumans still be pushed in the comics if the movie is not happening?
>>
>>83573663
Not really...
>>
oh fuck
>>
>>83573710
>he hasn't read Bendis' Daredevil
>he hasn't read Scalped
>>
>>83573262
A combination of things. Shooter getting removed as EiC of Marvel, Crisis on Infinite Earths, the end of the Bronze Age, Secret Wars II starting the trend of line-wide event comics, X-factor vol. 1 pretty much completely destroying the X-men on a fundamental level, Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns popularizing "dark and edgy" as the default state of cape comics, and the beginning of Diamond taking over the industry with a monopoly on comic distribution.

All these things happened around the same time in the mid to late 80s.
>>
>>83573904
>Bendis' Daredevil

Bendis Daredevil (-Bendis Daredevil! )

Is it any good?
>>
>>83573285
Well in the case of OP, its just one persistent shitposter named Megafag. But the majority of the Marvel hate threads are made by a variety of people. There's plenty of reasons for people to be upset at Marvel.

But Megafag is a very specific brand of autism. His threads are pretty easily identified.
>>
>>83573413
I don't think you understand what Ike's role at the company is if you think that's even remotely logical.

The only person that would be affected by the comics doing poorly is Ike himself. It wouldn't remotely affect Feige or Disney.
>>
File: 1445667218587.jpg (116 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
1445667218587.jpg
116 KB, 576x576
>>83571248
>the sad part is they have great sales.
>great sales.
>Marvel.
>>
>>83574171
Great sales relative to the rest of the American comics industry.
>>
Gwenpool sucks, Captain Marvel is bland, Squirrel girl and Hellcat are pandering to SJW's, what else is new?
>>
I suspect that its because traditional comics as a medium is slowly dying across the board and Marvel are flailing about trying to reverse that. I believe this massive 'tumblr politics' swing we've seen in most Marvel comics lately is an attempt to appeal to 'hip young adults' along those lines.
>>
>>83574225
Isn't their sales are the least poor?
>>
File: d2.png (51 KB, 800x463) Image search: [Google]
d2.png
51 KB, 800x463
>>83574518
They have around 45% of the market. Worth noting that DC and Image tend to do better in trade sales (thanks to stuff like Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns and The Killing Joke being constant top sellers), but most of those aren't handled through the direct market so we lack the proper sales figures to compare those. Direct Market Trade Sales are still in Marvel's favor though, it's just that DM trades only account for those sold through Local Comic Shops, as opposed to stuff sold through bookstores like barnes and noble.

Regardless, the direct market is where most comic publishers get the majority of their sales from, and Marvel has an overwhelming control of the direct market.
>>
>>83574360
>Squirrel girl and Hellcat are pandering to SJW's

Care to elaborate? Not trolling I don't folllow either of those characters
>>
>>83571079
Well then, maybe Marvel should stop being so terrible? They certainly have the capability, I've seen it.
>>
File: star-bright-moon-knight.jpg (288 KB, 780x677) Image search: [Google]
star-bright-moon-knight.jpg
288 KB, 780x677
the thing is, I really think Marvel was on the up and up a few years back. Marvel NOW was actually a good relaunch. Whilst Secret Wars was a cool event, I'm really annoyed by the fact that they've done it yet again. It's just so fucking pointless. I mean really, are casuals going to be THAT put off by having to read 50 issues?
>>
To be honest, I'm not that mad about the state of the comics since the MCU is turning out so amazingly as compensation.
>>
File: flanders.jpg (7 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
flanders.jpg
7 KB, 256x197
>>83571899
Fun fact: "cute" is a synonym for "garbage".
>>
>>83571059
It doesn't fucking matter, anon.

Marvel could literally print blank comics with a mound of fresh shit squelched between their pages and the critics would still rave about their progress on the introduction of black and brown characters and avant garde storytelling. The retards who listen to those critics would be mad when they get shit all over their arms, but you can bet they'll be the same assholes who line up next week when issue two of Stupendous Shit-pile sends critics once again into aneurysms of praise.

Perpetual critical praise and perpetually angry consumers have guaranteed them enough money to sustain themselves forever. Somehow.
>>
>>83571079
Now you know what its like to be a DC fan.
>>
>>83571251
According to sales reports, nobody is the target audience
>>
>>83571059
>Who can we blame about this, /co/ ?
Tumblr, thats who they choose to shill to. They threw us away like yesterdays trash for the perceived big bucks.

If only they knew no one on tumblr actually buys comics
>>
>>83571899
She would be if she wasnt clearly being set up to replace Deadpool cause of the lack of movie rights.

Save my post if you want to, thats what theyre fucking doing. Hell pass the mantle onto her at some point, just like they did with FF, just like theyre doing with Xmen.
>>
File: Tom Brevoort.jpg (231 KB, 784x1042) Image search: [Google]
Tom Brevoort.jpg
231 KB, 784x1042
>>83571059
OP, you are the worst part of the Marvel cycle. Look at this image. Tom Brevoort is a Marvel editor. They feed off of making crap stories. They feed off making a train wreck. If you truly want to save Marvel then the best thing you can do is no longer talk about it. Don't buy their books. Or:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlKao_Pox5A

The problem is... no one does this.. so instead we get:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiffTI2WRLs

YOU'LL STOP MARVELLLL
HAVE NO FEARS WE GOT STORIES FOR YEARS, LIKE
CAP BECOMES HYDRA
MAYBE THOR IS A WOMAN
AND GWEN BECOMES THANOS
HOW ABOUT A CRAZY CROSS OVERRR
WHERE SOMETHING HAPPENS
DO-DO-DO-DO-DO
>>
File: 1436512255247.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1436512255247.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>83573012
IF YOU CANT DO BETTER YOU CANT CRITICISE IT
>>
>>83577117
This. Its sad really that people are lapping it cause cause shes a cute girl characters.
Its SpiderGwen all over again
>>
>>83577117
That's not even remotely what's happening. They're just making bank by throwing all of their hot sellers into a blender, sprinkling in generic cute art, and hitting blend. It's an easy buck that sells itself. Also they're afraid to even pull the trigger on a Black Widow movie, they're not going to do one for this nobody.
>>
>>83577191
Nah, it's just that he bragged about being writing a comic for one of the Big 2 in another thread
>>
>>83577223

gwenpool is a shit concept and a bad comic book
>>
Comics are dead. It's all about movies now. It's sad, because DC have been better comics as far back as I can remember but Marvel has the market cornered in film.
>>
>>83577227
We'll see anon. No one thought theyd cancel Xmen or FF did they? "They two of their most well known comics! Theyll use the films as a means to advertise the comics!"

The key point youre missing here is Marvel is run by retards
>>
>>83577227
Whose talking films? They gonna have her replace Deadpool in the comics
>>
>>83574088
It's the best Daredevil after Miller, and a damn good run in its own right. But you don't have to take my word for it, hit up LibGen or wherever and give it a read.
>>
>>83571079
It's boring.
>>
File: 1464241844738.gif (2 MB, 400x223) Image search: [Google]
1464241844738.gif
2 MB, 400x223
What do you think this place will be like without Big 2 shitposting?
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.