[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Michael Barbieri cast in Spider-man: Homecoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: 1445671218665.jpg (245 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1445671218665.jpg
245 KB, 1024x683
http://heroichollywood.com/michael-barbieri-cast-spider-man-homecoming/

>I’m told Barbieri is playing “one of Peter Parker’s friends”
Will he be playing Harry Osborn?
>>
Does Peter even have other friends?
>>
>>83570486
Didn't they announce Ganke yesterday?
>>
>>83570553
Flash thompson.
>>
>>83570558
It's a peter comic.
>>
>>83570553
In school? No. And Harry actually came later in ASM. Peter didn't know him before college. Also, everything about this guy's role is rumors. No confirmation from Marvel. And? for all we know, they'll cut him entirely before finishing filming. Like a friend Pete supposed to have in ASM movies.
>>
>>83570486
So long as we avoid a Green Goblin story this time around I'm good.
>>
>>83570742
I think that if they don't rush it, let Norman develop during the first two, even three movies and build him (and Harry) up just right, and then finally they can make a good Green Goblin movie. The main problem with Sony's attempts was how ridiculously rushed he was, especially in ASM2.
>>
>>83570622
It's a movie they can do what ever they want
>>
>>83570553
Read a comic, casual scum.
>>
>>83570641
...you realize that "college" is still "school", right?
>>
He looks like the rich kid in your generic elementary school, getting all the ladies and high-end PCs.
>>
>>83570558
No.
>>
I'm intrigued. Most of the supporting cast doesn't feel like it's comprised of already established Spidey characters, which is odd, considering he's probably the character with the largest ensemble.

Unless maybe they decided to cast everyone in different races/genders just for the sake of it. Seems odd.
>>
I bet Bryan Singer wished he was directing this movie
>>
>>83570975
>...you realize that "college" is still "school", right?

Except Peter is still in highschool. He was 15 in Civil War. When Homecoming comes out next year, he'll be 16. Most kids finish highschool at 18.
>>
>>83570858
this and just don't adapt the Harry goes Goblin storyline.
It's not really capemovie material and only works well after years of actual friendship.
>>
>>83571071
Could they... roll with me for a second, I know its crazy... but... could they, you know, be trying to create a believable high school setting? Comprised of lots of students?

I know, completely unbelievable!
>>
>>83571180
>being this dense

I often wonder how people as slow as you function on a day to day basis. Is life hard for you?
>>
>>83570558
>>83570622
He's playing a character modeled like Ganke.

Lol at Peter stealing miles shit
>>
he looks jewish desu
>>
>>83571338
Even with highschool I expect a Harry and an MJ and a Gwen, just to establish them if not anything else.

The guys they are picking are weird to fit into any well known characters.

Not that they won't take characters from the comics, but it makes little sense, marketing-wie.
>>
>>83571558
>He's playing a character modeled like Ganke.
Who?

Don't be a lying faggot.
>>
>>83571735
Why couldn't "Michelle" just be some stuck up friend that hangs out with MJ as one of the popular chicks?

Why does everyone automatically have to be a direct adaptation of an already established character.

It has already been said by a number of sources that Zendaya's role is small in Homecoming and larger in future movies.

Perhaps she becomes MJ's confident as she and Peter start dating in the next movie and as a result, plays a bigger role.

>b-b-b-but new characters can't POSSIBLY exist!
>>
>>83571882
They can, but it's still a weird decision.

I don't think it's gonna affect the movie or anything, but it's odd to say the least.
>>
>>83570573
That's not until they're like in their 30s
>>
>>83571735
>a Harry an MJ and a Gwen
This. And Flash and even Liz too.

The rumors of a very Ultimate-ish adaptation and the recently done Gwen in ASM make me believe that there's a chance of her not even being introduced, which would suck. I'm not a Gwenfag but I'd hate to see any important character from the Peter side of things to be completely ignored, like Raimi did with everyone but MJ and ASM did with MJ(and Liz).

>>83572016
They aren't exactly friends at that point but Flash does start warming up to him a bit before he decides to enlist. Also whoever wrote that article could've meant 'schoolmates' when he wrote 'friends'.
>>
He literally looks 12
>>
>>83572016
More like ~18, in the comics.
>>
>>83570486
He's definitely Harry.

Who has been announced so far?
>Pete
>Aunt May
>??? - Michael Keaton
>??? - Zendaya
>??? - Other black girl
>Harry Osborn (most likely) - Michael Barbieri
Am I missing anyone else?
>>
>>83572150
i think he looks jewish desu
>>
I've been rewatching Spectacular Spider-Man recently and there's so much the movies can pull from that it's not even funny. He even has the fucking Spider-Signal. SSM was too good for us
>>
>>83572318
Tony Revolori
>>
He's not Harry, he's Ganke.
>>
>>83572378
No idea who he could be.
>>
>Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man.

>Marisa Tomei as Aunt May.

>Michael Keaton as Adrian Toomes / Vulture.

>Zendaya Coleman as "Michelle", which is reportedly a cover name.

>Laura Harrier in an undisclosed role.

>Tony Revolori as Manuel.

>Michael Barbieri as Ganke.

>Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man.

>??? as The Tinkerer.

So far this is the skinny on actors and characters.
>>
>>83572409
This is stupid. The whole Ganke thing.

>>83572458
At first I was scared he'd be a poc Harry.
>>
>>83572355
>Spectacular Spider-Man
>good
This meme needs to die
>>
>>83572628
>This meme needs to die
the irony
>>
>Marvel and Sony literally swiping a minority character's best friend to give to his white counterpart and making him white in the process

WHAT DIVERSITY PROBLEM?
>>
>>83572344
>>83571598
He's not, I checked
>>
File: 506774594.jpg (390 KB, 681x1024) Image search: [Google]
506774594.jpg
390 KB, 681x1024
>>83572344
No. He looks like he's got some black in him.
>>
>>83570486
nice, both Peter and Harry will be qt twinks. Already best Spidey movie.
>>
>>83571832
Check comicbooks.com they broke the story
>>
>>83572458
Hispanic Harry
Just like the Spidey ongoing
>>
>>83570486
>Will he be playing Harry Osborn?
ISN'T THAT THE QUESTION OF THE DAY
>>
>>83574543
You haven't seen Holland have you? He's pretty built
>>
>>83574514
i think it's more arab than black, either way he's pretty ugly
>>
File: 200px-Harryosb.png (185 KB, 200x337) Image search: [Google]
200px-Harryosb.png
185 KB, 200x337
>>83575980
Harry never was a handsome guy to begin with.
>>
He'll be playing the nephew of Aunt May's friend, and his name will be Marty Jacobs, but everyone calls him MJ.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.