[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did CN cancel this show again? https://youtu.be/u5ZJrPVEkkA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (158 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
158 KB, 1920x1080
Why did CN cancel this show again?

https://youtu.be/u5ZJrPVEkkA
>>
>>83569835
pretty sure it was in part the inability to secure a toyline to help support the production costs
>>
>>83569885
I think that was actually confirmed to be bullshit.
>>
>>83569835
Because it was fucking terrible. People only latched on to this show because Tartakovsky made it.
>>
>>83569835
So that they could make a reboot/continuation of it years later.
I want to believe.
>>
>>83569885
The mech designs were a little weird, and the characters being homages to Leiji Matsumoto were maybe a little off-putting to the kids.

It's too bad, I really liked this show.
>>
File: 1442422479383.gif (615 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1442422479383.gif
615 KB, 640x360
According to Genndy, he was told to make it more like Ben 10, and he refused. Then the execs half assed their jobs, barely promoting the show, not fighting for a toy line, et cetera.
>>
>>83569922
They can't because of a tax write off.
>>
>>83569949
But Ben 10 is shit.
>>
>>83569835
becouse it's a boring show.
I am glad it was erased from this dimension.
>>
>>83569973
But it sells toys to children, so they keep making it.

Why do you think Transformers still exists despite its consistent mediocrity? Toys.
>>
>>83569973
And as we all know, shitty things always get cancelled, even if they're making tons of money, because we live in a world where justice always prevails.
>>
>>83569835

Low ratings?

Most of the stuff /co/ considers good tends to bore the kids
>>
File: 1460674283301.png (1 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1460674283301.png
1 MB, 1024x576
>>83569835
Probably because it couldn't secure a toy line. A major part of animation is money from toy sales. Shows lke this were taken out Old Yellar Style becasue they couldn't make back the cash that was spent on them.

Also it might have been because of contract disputes.

CN at the time wanted another Ben 10 show, because Ben 10 sells shit, and this was struggling to. So that's also a possible reason
>>
>>83569913
I started watching it because Tartakovsky made it.
I stopped when i realized it was going to be a mecha in a high school setting. AND THE PROM'S TOMORROW.
>>
>>83570311
I guess I'm a sucker for 80's John Hughes movies.
>>
>>83570311
I almost stopped watching it for that reason, until the honestly surprising amount of Just-off-screen deaths started to crop up. The and I loved the idea that, instead of the Power Rangers style of shooting harmless sparks at the monster until it falls down and explodes in a shower of sterile pyrotechnics, the Monster of the Week would have its ass kicked before the Titans broke its fucking neck.

Shit was pretty hardcore for a teen monster of the week show.
>>
Apparently action shows have to sell toys to justify their existence.
>>
>5 years later and /co/ STILL spouts the toyline bullshit

Fuck off, faggots.

The show wasn't molded into the more simpler demographic CN wanted, teen drama being the bigger priority than saving their homeworld was off-putting, and before the show even premiered Tartakovsky and Lucas were in tension over prime scheduling for their shows.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.