[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So was the entire point or curse of the mutants to give Jubilee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: X-Men_1.jpg (62 KB, 400x607) Image search: [Google]
X-Men_1.jpg
62 KB, 400x607
So was the entire point or curse of the mutants to give Jubilee vampire powers? Were there any other ramifications? Seems like a big event just to repower Jubilee. And I like jubilee and prefer her character design now over the 90s and prefer the vamp stuff to the fireworks, but they went though all this trouble just to more or less bench her and saddle her with shogo. It's almost a waste.

And if they cared this much about her why did they Fuck her on m day?
>>
The bigger question is why did Marvel make things more complicated for themselves by not repowering every mutant that lost their powers on M-Day?
>>
>>83568414
Imo Morrison made too many fucking mutants so m day kinda had to be a thing. Or at the very least you have to make most mutations totally pointless
>>
>>83568455
>not liking based Glob and Quentin
Go away.
>>
>>83568494
From their inception there started out with less than like 100 mutants and most were given powers due to the atom bomb. Later they changed it to a really rare genetic marker that would end up getting triggered.

The problem I am saying with Morrison and whedon Was the whole making the mutants go main stream and having just a massive student body in Salem and just the ridiculous number when prior to that there were only like 9 new mutants and 6 gen x. Like Morrison went from 100ish mutants to potentially thousands if not more

It's like how every hero now is an inhuman
>>
>>83568494
Fuck Off Rachel
>>
Why didn't they do more with the vampire angle?
>>
File: Payback.jpg (362 KB, 592x945) Image search: [Google]
Payback.jpg
362 KB, 592x945
The Storm and Gambit one shot was fun
>>
>>83568393
Speaking of pointless shit, what happened with Hope summers?
>>
>>83568455
16 million out of a 6 billion (at the time it was still 6) isn't that many.
>>
>>83568564
before those i thought the rule was that it was like mutants were 1 in 10000 and only 1 in 1000 had any kind of noticeable change or major ability. i don't remember where i got that from.
>>
>>83568393
I think the whole vampire Jubilee was just an excuse to stop aging her. Now she can be seventeen forever.
>>
>>83569787
Pixie is older than her, depending on how you read "legal in Canada and whales" cause legal drinking age is 18, age of consent is 16. Jubilee is 17.

But at the same time do you really want an older or adult Jubilee? Like sure battle of guests atom Jubs was fun but at a certain point you are gunna have a "patsy walker you are fucking 40 what the Fuck are you doing?"

Like I'd rather see them progress Jubs by making the vampire thing be like a mental illness and her still being happy and bouncy in the face of it than to see her get old
>>
File: modern_x-men_rec_0_4.jpg (530 KB, 5291x1027) Image search: [Google]
modern_x-men_rec_0_4.jpg
530 KB, 5291x1027
>>83568393
I'm currently working on this reclist for modern X-Men.
After my very first draft had Messiah War and Second Coming right next to each other, now there's also Utopia inbetween and soon I'll also add Necrosha. Then I remembered the fact that right after Second Coming was Age of X.
I was already feeling like having 5 X-events in the span of about a year and a half was excessive, but now you reminded me that there was even a 6th one (that won't make the list though).
Funny how we have less X-Men books now than we had X-events in 2009/10
>>
>>83569978
Patsy is forty?

And yeah that's the biggest problem in Marvel for characters that age. Peter Parker and Kitty Pryde were ruined by it.
>>
>>83568455
>>83568494
Wasn't the mutant population already significantly boosted by the time Magneto ruled Genosha anyways?

And the Jean formed her team of fill in X-Men who were never seen again.
>>
>>83569978
It's weird how everyone from Generation X is now either dead or an adult, except Jubilee, forever a teen.
>>
>>83570255
I like having fewer titles, makes it easier to follow and more streamlined. I'm more likely to buy all 3 than if there are 8 books I might only buy one or 2

>>83570443
She's like in her 30s when she becomes hellcat. Before she she was hellcat she had her own Archie style book. She is older than beast and beast is 35 at the youngest.

I always thought kitty was kinda a cunt
>>
>>83570534
Was she the youngest gen x member? I know they said she was 13 At the start of gen x when out of cannon things put her at 15 when she first joined the xmen
>>
>>83570493
Yeah too many muties
>>
>>83568393
They were also going to revive their vampire characters they even announced an ongoing spinoff but it all got the axe when Disney took over later in the year.
>>
>>83568393
>tfw No Jubilee gf
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.