[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm kinda' worried the CW will push this pairing due
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 529x278) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 529x278
I'm kinda' worried the CW will push this pairing due to the overwhelming fan support even though neither Gustin nor Benoist seem particularly enthusiastic about it.

It has the omens of becoming Olicity times 1000.
>>
>>83567599
any love interest too powerful to be held hostage by weak-ass villains is better than the alternative
>>
>>83567640
You underestimate the Dramaforce.
>>
>>83567599

CW will never have a love interest spread across two separate shows. They will interact with each other and no doubt they will have some sort of geeky chemistry like they did in the first cross over but no, they won't be a pair.
>>
Im more worried about Wells becoming Felicity 2.0, they keep pushing him more and more (he'll be back again in S3) just like they did with Felicity. CW is really bad at estimating when the fanbase is oversaturated by something good.
>>
>>83567782

Yeah but the good thing about Wells is he pushes to make Barry a better Flash.

Felicity has done nothing in Arrow but chastise Oliver for doing what he thinks is right.
>>
>>83567599
At least they actually have chemistry.
>>
>>83567802
You're saying he wants to make the Flash a better hero, eh.
>>
>>83567599
What fucking fan support? All I be seen is a random iris hater asking about stupid questions that no one else is asking. She's always jumps ships to whichever white character stands near Grant/Barry
>>
>>83567802

The father/daughter drama with Jesse was already more annoying than Felicity in the first two seasons... it can go only down from there.
>>
>>83567782
People expected Harry to permanently leave?
>>
>>83567889

Well that Wells is going back to Earth 2 with his daughter so there's every chance the Wells we are getting is the original Wells because Flash saved his mother and stopped Eobard Thawne from becoming Wells.
>>
>>83567889
It lasted like three episodes.
>>
>>83567907
I am fully expecting some kind of flashpoint time fuckery to make it so that when everything is set right, Cavanaugh Reverse Flash comes back as a recurring enemy. I mean, the guy says he only accepted the role of Harrison wells because he was the Reverse Flash
>>
>>83567599
Personally their chemistry was infectious during the crossover. On top of that, Supergirl is already a vehicle for feminism, except Supergirl organically has the agency to be able to save the day as well as the credibility to be a focal point in all the ways Felicity has been forced into being that have been complete cancer. The only problem I can see is Flash jobbing every episode the way he did in the crossover, but I'd like to believe that was just a case of CW kowtowing to CBS, and that with both on the same network that both characters would be allowed to shine more evenly. I;m not big on ships, but if they tried going there, I'd be okay with it. I wonder if they'd try having Iris and James get together as well...
>>
>>83567599

"We tease it a little bit. He's in town for a day so there's not really time for anything to actually develop, but there's undeniable chemistry, and they have a lot of things in common that they'll never have in common with anybody else, obviously. This is the first person with powers Barry [has met] who's using them for good. It happens to be somebody that he is attracted to, so it's cool."

>http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/melissa-benoist-responds-flash-supergirls-possible-romance-i-think-theyre-pals-1563019

It sounds like Gustin's up for it while Benoist would rather not fall into the trap of just being known as the Flash's GF. Either way they have more chemistry together than Grant and Candice Patton do so I quite like the idea.
>>
>>83567599

Didnt Gustin approve of it though
>>
>>83568802
Not really, the person asked if he thought it would good or great. Not really giving him a neutral/bad choice.
He's still is Iris AF and looking at Candice can you really blame him?
>>
File: tumblr_o8cnou7dvB1sjigmeo3_250.gif (894 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8cnou7dvB1sjigmeo3_250.gif
894 KB, 245x245
>>83569035
>looking at Candice can you really blame him
Honestly? If the choice is Patton or Benoist, I'd take Supergirl every time.
>>
>>83567685

This. OP has nothing to worry about regarding SupergirlxFlash.
>>
>>83569194
To each their own
>>
>>83567599
>due to the overwhelming fan support

The most popular Supergirl pairing is Kara/Cat, followed by Kara/Alex. Kara/Barry might be the most popular het pairing, but that's because the other options are dull as dish soap, it's still a drop in the bucket compared to the gay ships.
>>
>>83569328
Kara/Barry isn't as popular as you think
>>
>>83569328
Nevertheless they can't get rid of Nigga Olsen because that would be racist.
>>
>>83569328
>>83569351
Don't know about Supergirl, but the most popular fandom pairings for the Flash are...

Barry Allen/Leonard Snart (1177)
Barry Allen/Iris West (903)
Oliver Queen/Felicity Smoak (605)
Barry Allen/Oliver Queen (559)
Captain Cold/The Flash (341)
Barry Allen/Caitlin Snow (311)
Barry Allen/Cisco Ramon (301)
Eddie Thawne/Iris West (298)
Barry Allen/Eddie Thawne (262)
Barry Allen/Harrison Wells | Eobard Thawne (254)

>http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Barry%20Allen/works

Ah Felicity.
>>
>>83569446
You do realize it a complitation of all fics that are tagged the flash. And even fics that are pro X pairing and yet still have the pairing tagged are counted.
>>
>>83569516
*that's aren't pro x pairing
>>
>>83569516
>>83569533
AO3s search thing is shit, so yeah I do there's also a lot more fanstuff out there, its just a useful way of showing which pairing is more popular with the internet fandom, I'm not using it as an exact science.
>>
>>83569446
>>83569516
Plus Cold/Flash and Barry/Len would index the same. Plus Olicity isn't a "Flash" pairing.

>>83569671
Yes, based on Tumblr, for example, Cat/Kara isn't the most popular of the Supergirl pairings, but it is the top one on A03.

But yeah, Cold/Flash is probably far more popular than Kara/Barry and >>83567685
THIS and >>83569242 are correct.
>>
>>83569194
Mah man.
>>
>>83568696

it would actually reduce the drama since they're on different shows so they could condense the relationship nonsense that the cw likes which is why I would be all for supergirl/flash pairing, I think it has more to do with her not wanting to be stuck in a love triangle or square or whatever.

As much as I hope they bring in a known superman I really not sure if I like the idea at the moment, she is just getting established and her first season doesn't really count because cbs and she needs to stand out first.
>>
>>83567782
Does this mean he'll have sex with Barry?
>>
>>83567685
Kara's main thing is starcrossed romance so plugging in Barry instead of Brainiac 5 doesn't seem that big of a stretch, but I don't really see it happening. Too much Barry/Iris setup and that relationship in general is important to Flash stuff when it comes to the bloodline.
>>
>>83567782
He's Merlyn 2.0 and they should write him out before it gets too bad. Hopefully S3 is his last. Barry is getting too experienced for this babying mentor shit anyway.
>>
>>83572793
>He's Merlyn 2.0

No.

Harry at least has a good reason for being part of the ensemble.
>>
>>83572857
Merlyn having a daughter around would be good enough reason too, but it turns out that it's not. Harry will end up the same way if they keep it up.
>>
>>83572935
No, it wouldn't.

Merlyn was still the same man who murdered 503 people, including Tommy, and brainwashed Thea into killing Sara as part of a stupid keikaku that made little logical sense.

Harry is E2 Wells. Him being around makes sense because, even though it's the same actor, it's not the same character and the same relationships. It brings a freshness to the table and doesn't make us wonder why the heroes KEEP THE BACKSTABBING MASS MURDERER ALIVE.
>>
>>83567782
>Worried about Cavanangh
Men he played an entire different character on season 2, and he'll probably do it to in season 3, with all the Flashpoint shit, he'll probably be the first timeline Dr. Wells, before Eobard Thawne took over his body. He'll have a wife, and he'll have a completely different personality.
>>
>>83573037
It would be amazing if Barry becomes really good friends with the original Wells. He finally discovers the man he once idealized, only for Eobard Thawne to come and take his body, right out of nowhere.
>>
>>83567782

Difference being that Cavanaugh is a GOAT actor, and will make anything work.

The scene in the CCPD between him and Joe near the end of S1 was the most tense one this show's ever done, thanks to those actors.
>>
>>83573111

>Gives him the thing he always wanted
>Wellsobard comes back and gives us what we wanted

Kismet.
>>
>>83567839
i'd support this more than anything that felicity does
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.