[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you take Superman's Powers if >you could only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 801grand.jpg (376 KB, 942x629) Image search: [Google]
801grand.jpg
376 KB, 942x629
Would you take Superman's Powers if

>you could only use them to help people and to do good

>you can not use them for personal use they will not be active

>when trouble strikes your powers would kick in but once the danger is gone they turn off again

>if you pick a fight you are on your own
>>
>help people and to do good
Far too nebulous of a concept to rely on, no.
>>
>>83567384
So basically I get to use them never.
>>
>>83567384
>when trouble strikes your powers would kick in but once the danger is gone they turn off again
Wouldn't that just mean they would be on all the time since trouble strikes all the time, all over the world.
>>
File: dfa.jpg (32 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
dfa.jpg
32 KB, 600x450
>>83567384
There's always trouble somewhere. North Korea, sub-Saharan Africa, Syria...
>>
>>83567384
Yes, but they are dumb because I could pick a fight for a reason I find morally justifiable and these powers don't.
I mean what code of ethics is being used here?
>>
>>83567384
I guess I wouldn't turn them down but the second and last one have me a little worried.
People assume personal use means selfishness, but what if I need to clear my schedule so I can better help others without issue?

You have to recall even with powers keeping people safe takes time and effort, after awhile if I'm not getting anything done on my end I'll end up a homeless bum.
Now if my powers decide to just barely keep me alive from dying of hunger and thirst I'm going to have to call shenanigans.

The last one is also full of holes. Say for example a government type finds out who you are and figures out how your powers work, they decide to make life uncomfortable for your friends and family in an indirect way (evicted, sudden legal troubles, etc) knowing you can't put up a fight. If I can't actively slap them around to put the fear of SuperGod in them I'm now just a liability to everyone I know.

If you think too narrowly what "doing good" means you end up doing more harm than good. There's good and there's evil, but the world's not black and white.
>>
>>83567384
Are you implying that Superman exists in our world and is already out there helping people?

If so, then no, I wouldn't "take" his powers from him, because he's almost certainly a way better hero than I could be.

If not, if it's just me having the opportunity to have his abilities, then yes, I would. It would be morally irresponsible not to.
>>
>>83567384
Depends if I can control them by my definition of good otherwise I could easily die trying to use them. Also I can only save people I can't use my super strength or speed to help solve the energy crisis or help NASA colonize mars.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.