[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zootopia on TV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1460350508147.jpg (124 KB, 665x889) Image search: [Google]
1460350508147.jpg
124 KB, 665x889
If Zootopia were made into a TV show, what kind of structure would the episodes follow?
>>
>>83560445
Probably two episodes within a half-hour time slot like most of their current animated shows.

One episode is about a police case.
The other is about some occurrence in their social lives.
>>
>>83560445
Making a tv show of it would require much lower production values.
Plus a Disney show is usually cancelled in two seasons and never heard of again.

I would rather wait for a sequel that actually has the budget and time to recreate the mood of the original.

Plus they won't kiss in a tv show because that would break the status quo they would have to keep for the possibility of a proper movie sequel.
>>
>>83560593
That sounds like it would work. I could get behind that.

>>83560656
I mean, it would be like comparing How to Train Your Dragon with the TV show that expanded on the world. I imagine it would be something like that.

A sequel is obviously coming, but I do want something to tide me over, like a show or comic book that kind of just expands on the world. I can only watch the movie so many times.
>>
Hour long procedural cop show in the same vain of the over 4 billion different cop shows currently airing on US TV. But for kida
>>
>>83560889
Why not a prequel?
The original concept for Zootopia has a Noir flair to it. They can reuse the same resource to make a retro spin off.
And they can do the collars this time. A TV series has length as an advantage when telling a story with complex issues such as institutional discriminations. Again they can recycle these precious sketches from before.
The only problem would be creating new but likable protagonists that are different from Nick and Judy.
>>
>>83561078
Disney's a bit PC for the whole "institutional discrimination" kind of story line but with the right writing team it could be done. DC's managed to have adult themes while still managing to be a kid's cartoon in some of their old animated shows (see: Batman TAS) so it could be done but it would probably have to be a really talented writing team.
>>
>>83560982
Just make it a COPS adaptation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPp4qb-phrA
>>
>>83561152
DESU I never believed Disney pulled the plug on that concept due to PC.
In several interviews it seems the writers themselves clearly struggle with plotting it. And the final straw was Pixar telling them how they "hated" the collars and wouldn't care for the world because of it.
>>
>>83561361
Didn't watch the interviews. Still, film's different than TV.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.