[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Disney go with shorts instead of a full fledged Descendants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: descendants.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
descendants.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
Why did Disney go with shorts instead of a full fledged Descendants series?
>>
Possibly because they gave it a hard night's sleep and realized that the very idea of the Descendants is supremely retarded, and that shorts were a way to keep from drawing attention to this.
>>
>>83559232
>Possibly because they gave it a hard night's sleep and realized that the very idea of the Descendants is supremely retarded

That doesn't explain why they've expanded the series and continue to expand it? Best selling book that is genuinely good, shame the film was shit, just came out with another Descendants book, doll line, fashion line, toy line, a second live action film coming soon...
>>
>>83559183
Because the franchise is not the High School Musical/Ever After High they were banking on. Do you see any girls wearing Descendants clothing or stores selling Descendants crap? I have never, & I bet it's rare if anything.
>>
>>83559735
They planned the shorts before they really launched the franchise, though, so they had no way of determining its success.

Though

>best-selling book(s)
>toy line
>fashion+accessories lines (which I only really see at the Disney Store, though)
>film was a huge ratings success, second film on the way
>>
I'd wager it's because most of the cast are busy doing mostly Disney related projects or branching out and can't commit to a full series.
>>
>>83559183
>>83559910

Most likely because the show was made to compete with Monster High/Ever After High. Which are web-shorts except for the occasional movie or specials
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.