[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /co/ with Hellboy over, are there any other comics about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: hboyw.jpg (29 KB, 300x458) Image search: [Google]
hboyw.jpg
29 KB, 300x458
Hey /co/

with Hellboy over, are there any other comics about a paranormal investigator in the same style as Hellboy?

I tried the Witchfinder spinoff stuff but thought it was just okay.

BPRD was really good but then sort of got a bug up its ass for the end of the world.

I like the new Hellboy/BPRD set in the past, the main asian lady looks like Joan Chen from Twin Peaks in her prime, and yowza she's cute.

Anything else I might like?
>>
>>83557105

>yowza

Can I call you grampa?

In an case.

Hellblazer
Criminal Macabre
Dylan Dog
Dan Brereton's Nocturnals
Injection
The Perhapanauts
Beasts of Burden
Rachel Rising
>>
>>83557360

Oh, damn and Witch Doctor. And maybe Atomic Robo.
>>
>>83557360
>Hellblazer

I've read a little, Constantine is really mean.

>Criminal Macabre

Looks okay, Ben Templesmith has a rather crude sense of humor

>Dylan Dog

This is italian? It seems kinda expensive to obtain.

>Dan Brereton's Nocturnals

Looks neat but what is it about? I'm having a hard time getting a read on the tone.

>Injection

Oh I read this already it's really good. The James Bond guy and Sherlock Holmes guy really sealed the deal.

>The Perhapanauts

Looks kidna cartoony. I'mm nto really itnersted in a team.

>Beasts of Burden
>Rachel Rising

I read both of these, they're very good.
>>
File: 1446078286431.jpg (109 KB, 516x440) Image search: [Google]
1446078286431.jpg
109 KB, 516x440
>>83557105
There's Dylan Dog, and some other title I can't remember but basically the MC is one of those 20's era femme fattales that became a Lovecraftian Old One
>>
>>83557714
>the MC is one of those 20's era femme fattales that became a Lovecraftian Old One

Fatale by Brubaker and Phillips?
>>
>>83557640
>It seems kinda expensive to obtain.
Dark Horse did a collection when the movie came out, you should be able to find it online or in a comic shop
>>
>>83557743
yeah, that's the one, thanks anon
>>
>>83557714
>>83557777

I don't know if I'm gonna like Dylan Dog though.

It feels like it's pretty old and more than a little niche.
>>
>>83557817
>it's pretty old
I don't get why people assume old = bad or boring

>>83557777
there's also the scanlations
>>
>>83557105
FIVE GHOSTS
I
V
E

G
H
O
S
T
S
>>
>>83557860

Newer things are almost always better than older things.
>>
>>83557105
In addition to the titles >>83557360 posted, here are some more suggestions:

Singularity 7
Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse
Mystery Society
The October Faction
The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service
Witch Finder
Ghosted
Mythic
Wayward
Hellbreak
Hexed
>>
>>83557817
>more than a little niche.

So like most paranormal investigators?
>>
>>83557970
>Singularity 7
>Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse
>Mystery Society
>The October Faction
>The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service
>Witch Finder
>Ghosted
>Mythic
>Wayward
>Hellbreak
>Hexed

This is a lot to sort though, I already read Witchfinder and didn't care for it.

Mythic was good but the characters were bland.
>>
>>83557640

Nocturnals is a hard bird to nail down. It plays it straight for the most part. It's like if The Nightmare Before Christmas had a kid with a Humphrey Bogart movie and that kid had a kid with Clint Eastwood's and John Carpenter's kid.
>>
>>83558295
Check out Wormwood. Just pirate the first issue. It'll give you enough of a taste to see if you like it. It's got a good, kinda twisted sense of humor and plenty of paranormal shit. I like it anyway.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.