[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/, what are some of your favorite team centric books? Unfortunately,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: hfjdkxo.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
hfjdkxo.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
/co/, what are some of your favorite team centric books? Unfortunately, I'm incredibly picky when it comes to those kinds of titles and only have a handful that I can actually say that I legitimately enjoy
>>
>>83555297
JSA are my favorites as well. I'm not well versed in general but I gravitated towards these. I also love Super Buddies and am partial to some Xmen/JLA lineups.
>>
>>83555297
>Unfortunately, I'm incredibly picky when it comes to those kinds of titles
Are you one o those guys who think team books need to be about team members not getting along and having conflict with each other and fucking each other all the time rather than fighting bad guys?

It doesn't seem that way from posting JSA but I dunno this is a common ideal team book
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 426x640
>>
File: Suicide Squad.jpg (720 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
Suicide Squad.jpg
720 KB, 1250x1250
>>
>>83555613
IDK, chemistry is essential along with a decent writer that "gets" and understands the characters in said book. I don't mind internal conflict in titles like that, but it's not essential to me either. Excalibur is another dear favorite of mine, was really nice to see Nightcrawler grow into his own character outside of the X-Men, which I was never really all that fond of
>>
>>83555297
JSA
JLA (for the first few years)
JLI (Giffen/Matteis/Maguire)
Fantastic Four (through the Simonson run plus maybe the Waid run)
>>
>>83555464
if you like jsa you could check out all-star squadron and also grant morrison's jla

if yr looking for a comedic route but with great characterization, giffen/dematteis jli is perfection and superior foes of spider-man is decent

I find the best team books for my money are the ones that mix drama, romance ,and high-octane action, so I would recommend new teen titans by marv wolfman and george perez, suicide squad by john ostrander, and any of the 80s/90s legion of superheroes stuff
>>
>>83555297
I like the JSA too, I dislike teams that are known by more than the 6% of the global population
>>
>>83555297

Justice League International ( also America and Europe) By Giffen, DeMatteis, MaGuire and the rest
Suicide Squad by Ostrander and various artists
Fantastic Four by Lee/Kirby, Bryne, Simonson)
Legion of Superheroes by Letiz and GIffen
Uncanny X-Men by Claremont and all the artists he worked with
X-Factor by Louise Simonson and Walter Simonson
New Mutants by Claremont and Sienkiewicz
Excalibur by Claremont and Davis
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.