[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tynion Detective Comics Interview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: tec.jpg (69 KB, 575x279) Image search: [Google]
tec.jpg
69 KB, 575x279
http://www.newsarama.com/29601-detective-comics-teams-batwoman-batman-and-young-heroes-including-new-costume-for-tim-drake.html

>The characters on this team are also some you've worked with before. Did you get to choose your team?
> I definitely had some say. Basically how it all happened was we knew we wanted to do a team book in Gotham. That would be the perfect angle to really distinguish Detective Comics in Rebirth so it would just be the other Batman book. That was the last thing I wanted. The best runs of Detective have been the runs that really distinguish themselves, that have their own flavor, their own unique quality. And I've wanted to do a Gotham-centered team book for ages. And finally, this was the chance to let loose and do everything that I've ever wanted to do in Gotham City in a single book.

>Batman works with people and he trusts people, but he's always been wary of teams. Batwoman came from military training. She's always been about how to work the best as a unit. Those are two very different ways of thinking that have similar goals but different methods. And being able to play those different methods off of each other is the driving force of this.

>if there were to be a third Eternal. What would the threat be? And the Colony really came out of those ideas. It's something I've wanted to do for awhile.
>>
>But this is a book that I hope that, 20 or 30 years down the line, when there's a whole new generation of writers and artists debating the contents of a DC relaunch, that these are the elements, this is the Gotham City, the one that starts being built in this book, in Detective Comics, that they want to go back to. We're trying to create a new classic era for these characters, and doing it with brand new villains, brand new settings.

>In our second issue, we're introducing a new secondary Batcave that's going to be in Gotham City. It's called the Belfry...This feels like a new iconic setting in Gotham City, and I can't wait for people to see it.
>>
>>83552741
>new secondary Batcave that's going to be in Gotham City. It's called the Belfry...
Because the clocktower, the bat-bunker, and all the other shit they've had over the years isn't enough, right?
>>
>But this is a book that I hope that, 20 or 30 years down the line, when there's a whole new generation of writers and artists debating the contents of a DC relaunch, that these are the elements, this is the Gotham City, the one that starts being built in this book, in Detective Comics, that they want to go back to. We're trying to create a new classic era for these characters, and doing it with brand new villains, brand new settings.

Ok this is my major problem with writers like Tynion and Snyder. So much of what they do is not focused on telling the best story, but instead being "the definitive version." Whether that means changing up the status quo in a major way, or being the story where NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN.
>>
>>83552732
How is it that nearly everything Tynion writes is such shit. Every time he writes it always reads like an awful fan fiction. I think it says something that Scott Lobdell actually manages to write better than him.
>>
>>83554736
And now he's in charge of DC's namesake title.
>>
>>83554736
Talon was solid
his red hood run was retardedly stupid but I enjoyed it for how stupid it was
>>
>>83552732
>Tynion considers this the third Eternal title

OH GOOD
>>
>>83553044
Fuck off and let him tell his story you cranky shit.
>>
>>83556837
Tynion pls leave
>>
Welp. I guess this is the first Rebirth book that I'm definitively not interested in.

>>83554736
Honestly, he's just boring as shit. It's funny, because the whole "the best runs of Detective ... really distinguish themselves, have their own flavor" is kind of the opposite of how I'd describe Tynion.
>>
>There really hasn't been the big story since Batwoman's introduction that really gets to the heart of their relationship. Like, what is the different in how they view the world?

You're killing me, Tynion. Is it possible to read Rucka and JHW3's runs and not get the difference between them?

I really want this to not suck, but I'm not feeling very optimistic.
>>
>>83554736
Talon was great
Batman + TMNT was fucking fun as all hell
His Joker end game back up stories were interesting.

I think Tynion can be a great writer if he knows what he's doing.
>>
>>83559481
So you're saying we could get something exceptional, or absolute garbage. In other words, we have 0 idea what the quality will be for this.

At least the art is great regardless.
>>
>>83559659
Yes, I am saying that, but I am hopeful because I know that Tynion is capable of writing a good Batfamily book.

Also, where the fuck is Talon, last I checked, he last appeared in Batman Eternal #52. Has he done anything since then?
>>
>>83559481
Talon stopped being good when Snyder stopped holding his hand
>>
>>83552732
>no Maggie
>no Bette
>probably no fighting any weird magic shit
Why the fuck is Kate even here?
Hell, she'd be better off in the CW BoP book.
>>
>>83552732
>Batwoman came from military training. She's always been about how to work the best as a unit
Is he retarded?
Since her introduction one of Kate's major traits has been that she's absolutely shit at working with people.
She's the loner Batman pretends to be while having a ton of friends and coworkers.
Motherfucker has it backwards!
>>
>>83559980
To give her exposure before she gets her solo
>>
>>83559481
>>83559977
>Talon
I forgot all about "New Azrael"
>>
>>83560097
Well, maybe After Tynion spends a year ruining her Rucka will fix her like he's gonna do for Wonder Woman.
Only for the next writer of each to just re-fuck them.

Too bad Jurgens took Maggie back to Metropolis, but it'll be worth it if she gets to be a science cop again.
>>
>>83560192
Renee
>>
File: 18645463462.png (151 KB, 263x266) Image search: [Google]
18645463462.png
151 KB, 263x266
>>83552732
>Cass
>Kate
>Stephanie
>written by Tynion
t-thanks DC
>>
>>83560217
Wasn't the entire point (after Kate's revamp) that they're terrible for each other?
They fed each other's self-destructive tendencies.
>>
>>83560335
Yes but I liked them together
>>
File: monkeysPaw.jpg (17 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
monkeysPaw.jpg
17 KB, 300x225
>>83560232
>>
why can't they just let batwoman die
they can't seem to keep her popular for very long
their biggest mistake was making her stick as batwoman. She should have gone out to be her own, non-bat thing long ago.
>>
>>83561177
I'm still curious what they're going to do with her origin once it's no longer believable that she was kicked out of the military due to don't ask don't tell.
>>
>>83560335

But this Renee is different than the old universe Renee.

Dammit it truly is this.

>>83560461
>>
>>83552741

>My editor Chris Conroy pointed out that it always seems to be dark with lightning, and sometimes snowing — "thunder-snow" I think is the actual term for it. And yeah, it is. Gotham is a weird and frightening place. And nobody in the public has gotten to see what Alvaro Martinez and his whole team is doing later on in this arc. We have some of the best artists in the industry working on this book. So I couldn't be more thrilled.
>>
>>83552732
>Intellectron can be seen flying in the first panel
HYPERCRISIS
>>
>>83560232
UMARU on the front page...of /co/
>>
>>83562086

Maggie was an awful romantic partner for Kate and they had no fucking chemistry. The only reason they took Renee out was because they didn't knew what to do with her because of the whole Question thing. If it wasn't for that perhaps Renee would've been there.
>>
>>83552732
Why are the Gentry there?
>>
>>83559977
Is amazing how fast that book went to shit. A shame since the angle Snyder used there it was a lot more interesting than the Parliament bullshit.

>>83559481
Talon went to shit as soon Snyder left

B/TMNT is a book that only went through the motions and with stuff Tynion thought it was cool rather than developing an actual plot

The joker stories were horror, not capeshit
>>
>>83560461
This should've been the new DC logo
>>
>>83562304
To shit all over your favourite comics until you drop them and do something else with your spare time.
>>
>>83557882
If I had to describe the flavor of B&RE, it would be bleach-like.
>>
>>83559481
Not to forget Constantine and his creator work is good too.
>>
>>83552732
>...I got the letter.
>I just don't know what should I do...

Oh God, they've given Tim AIDS haven't they?
>>
>>83561509
>I'm still curious what they're going to do with her origin once it's no longer believable that she was kicked out of the military due to don't ask don't tell.
Yeah, I don't like Superman's origin either. Aliens sending human alien to Earth, just imagine.
>>
>>83561509
all they have to do is make her old enough
>>
>>83565667
You know damn well they'll change it to hitting her superior officer who made a sexual advance on her she didn't want.
>>
File: multicrisis.jpg (47 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
multicrisis.jpg
47 KB, 320x320
>>83552732
That first panel...
>>
after the edgy boring shitfest of Batman & Robin Eternal I have no faith in this shit
>>
>>83562267
>The only reason they took Renee out was because they didn't knew what to do with her because of the whole Question thing.

That is absolutely wrong. There is no Question in the original Batwoman stuff (in Detective Comics) by Greg Rucka because Batwoman been developed in the early days of the 52 weekly before the idea of Renee as the Question had even solidified or even written.

And in Nu52 the Question was off limits because Johns was "using" it like he had Plastic Man or Shazam put off limits
>>
>>83552732
When will they ley timsteph die?
>>
>>83567752
You're so fucking wrong and you don't even know it
>>
Who is the Gentry's mole?
>>
>>83567752
>Batwoman been developed in the early days of the 52 weekly before the idea of Renee as the Question had even solidified or even written.
False and false
Batwoman was the one who was shoved in 52 without being solidified and for it they cancelled the ongoing that was gonna be written by Devin Grayson without even telling her
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.