[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/, what is your opinion on Chris Ware?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
/co/, what is your opinion on Chris Ware?
>>
>>83550381
I like him but his work is too depressing to read regularly. I usually read him every few months in the middle of the night if I can't sleep.
>>
>>83550381
hes more forehead than man
>>
literally who
>>
I respect him as an illustrator but I don't like his comics I've read like half of two Acme Novelty Volumes and gave up because I didn't like how he was set out to just make life seem sad and pathetic and vain.

Maybe those ideas are changed by the end of his works but I wouldn't know.
>>
Literally Who?
>>
>>83550381
Is that shopped? That picture makes me loose any respect I had for him
>>
>>83550381
Visually amazing.

One of the most imitated artist right now.

Too depressing to read.
>>
Chris Ware is my favorite cartoonist of all time but yeah, the dude's stuff just always hits you right in the fucking heart, some how he always manages to just find the most sad and human moments and make you feel, hard. If it's not making you feel sad than it's one of his characters thinking something incredibly fanciful and selfish and realizing you have those selfsame thoughts and this character is a piece of shit and so are you.

If he was an author his fucking books would be Pulitzer winners and it's a shame he isn't a straight up celebrity because besides being an incredibly talented illustrator his writing hits to the core every single time besides being incredibly funny sometimes too.

As a side note I saw him speak at a museum once, from seeing his portrait I always assumed he'd be a little guy but Chris Ware must be at least 6 4"
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.