[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else noticed a sudden rush of 3D model-looking comics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: jldark-new-roster.jpg (173 KB, 1600x700) Image search: [Google]
jldark-new-roster.jpg
173 KB, 1600x700
Anyone else noticed a sudden rush of 3D model-looking comics in the past five years? The new people and the older artists become one and the same - the same faces, same expressions, same angles, same body types, zero weight in movements, angular overdetailed backgrounds.

Off the top of my head:

Patrick Zircher
Mikel Janin
Luke Ross
Mike Deodato
Michael Lark
Raffael Ienco

I've also seen that stuff in quite a lot of latest DC, Marvel and Image previews. I get why they keep their jobs, but why is nobody calling em out? Will future generations look at these guys' art the same way we look at 90s stuff? Some of them actually don't even know how to draw properly, let alone compose a scene or direct some action.
>>
>>83547256
People in the industry aren't calling them out because they'll get canned.
>>
>>83547256
Disgusting
Soulless
Hacks
>>
Best John costume confirmed.
>>
File: CIVIL.jpg (39 KB, 283x246) Image search: [Google]
CIVIL.jpg
39 KB, 283x246
>>83547256
Who would even want their art to look like that? I get that it's easier and faster, but fucking Christ, man. It's not so hard to add even a hint of your own style into these horrible 3D monsters, but these fucking guys just take them as is and many times get all the praise in the world. Janin personally pisses me off at the moment cause he does a lot stuff for DC and everyone's fine with it.

Use the models, use them-- but just for fuck's sake add some personality to them!
>>
I think decent inkers and colorists can kind of hide it, but yeah. It's not great.

Speed is the main reason of course.
>>
File: 1887 was a good year.jpg (194 KB, 517x768) Image search: [Google]
1887 was a good year.jpg
194 KB, 517x768
>>83547256
>Will future generations look at these guys' art the same way we look at 90s stuff?

>>thinking comics have a futurre
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.