[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this supposedly so popular? I heard raving about it on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: oi vey.jpg (18 KB, 220x340) Image search: [Google]
oi vey.jpg
18 KB, 220x340
Why is this supposedly so popular? I heard raving about it on /co/, and Putlocker calls it some deep "meditation" on magic vs tech, and I guess it's huge on college campuses or some shit, but I just don't get it.

I mean, the post-apocalypse return to medieval tech/warfare was a cool idea, but at the end of the day it's just like any other fantasy story.

>Super Magicio Bros.
>one's attractive and therefore good
>the other one belongs on /pol/ because all ugly people are awful
>also the ugly one is just naturally awful no actual reason don't read into this
>also you're supposed to hate the mutants even though they're probably only working for Lord Scrotum because he's gonna get them outta the ghetto
>Avatar is a hypocrite, Cuckwolf is so powerful that he can't block bullets, Elinore gets a sugar daddy, the end
>>
>>83545882
I think its more about the animation and renderings
>>
>>83545882
Meh. Only things worth watching in it is the evil wizard showing the old propaganda for his troops, Peace, and the ending. So a few really good scenes in a middling movie.

Kinda reminds me of the Thief and the Cobbler in that way, without the same technical prowess.
>>
>>83546043
I mean yeah, I like the whole live-action silhouette in an animated film idea, but it's like

Even with his LotR, I just can't watch anything else for a while because I just wind up getting used to really awkwardly animated main characters, so then I just wind up projecting total retardation onto characters from other shows, and to top it off I start to get weirded out by the sudden absence of unnecessary pauses once I watch something after one of Bakshi's movies.
>>
Putlocker sounds retarded
The real reason Wizards is worth watching is for it's style and animation. It's iconic of Bakshi's don't-give-a-shit style. It has this sort of grotesque charm you can only get from that time and that animator. The plot you can take or leave, what's important is how the plot is given to you, what looks like, what it sounds like, how it makes you feel.

Personally I don't like it. I don't like a lot of Bakshi's stuff but come back again and again to watch it. The story is stupid, but I can't look away, it's fascinating, like horrible jungle of ideas. It's like open up 14 year old's notebook and delving into all his weird fantasies. It's messy, maybe even dirty and thats exactly how it's supposed to be.
>>
THEY KILLED FRITZ
>>
I'm glad it had the balls to have the protagonist just shoot the antagonist and be done with it.
>>
>>83545882
The design is nice and the live action parts make it stand out from other animated movies. But as much as I love the movie, I will say I really don't like how they recycle shots in the final battle scene, it just comes off as cheap.
But I love Blackwolf's death and the backgrounds are artboner inducing
>>
>>83546467
THEY KILLED FRITZ!
>>
>People were probably starved for good adult animation
>Bakshi had a lot of prestige
>Any old story can be good if it's done in a unique way

>>83548130
THOSE LOUSY STINKIN FAIRIES!
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.