[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Men Apocalypse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (304 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304 KB, 630x1200
>Wonder why everyone is trashing this movie.
>Go to see it.
>First ten minutes is Apocalypse and his horseman falling at very high speeds while his horseman changes his clothes (all with the worst CGi possible)

So, this is a comedy, right? A parody of cape films, right? No director actually looked at this scene and thought "This looks perfect and totally not stupid!".
>>
File: 1.jpg (362 KB, 1832x1832) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
362 KB, 1832x1832
I liked it, second best cape movie of 2016 after batman v superman.
>>
Does a wooden arrow really have enough force to kill two people at once?
>>
It was pretty bad. But not bad enough to get super annoyed over...but bad enough that it wasn't good. So it's just a movie that exists.
>>
>>83543057
This. The only issue with Apocalypse is that it tried too much to emulate comics book conventions.

Should have been another sci-fi action film featuring the x-men instead of generic capeshit. Even then,it has its moments.

Sweet Quips scene is the best action scene and probably the biggest practical stunt of the last 10 years.
>>
>>83543140
Pretty much. Its nothing to get mad about, but you're left feeling at the end a sense of "I dont care anymore".
>>
>>83542960
What is it everyone disliked so much about it?
>>
>>83543281
Not enough quips.
>>
>>83542960
Just think about the architecture of the pyramid. It's fucking amazing. They made this huge, gigantic pyramid, in such a way that there were a couple of pillars that held up the entire complex with passageways exactly to these pillars so that in the event of something, they could collapse the pyramid by simply sliding stones into the holes
>>
The Magneto suffering arc was uncalled for. He should have been out of the film entirely, siding WITH Xavier, or something else. Him being the villain felt wrong-----just as wrong as him apparently being absolved for all of the death and destruction he caused by the end of the movie.

I don't like how they're racing towards present day. If there will be a movie in the 90s a decade later they need to replace a majority of their actors.
>>
>>83543281
Well I cant speak for everyone, but heres what stuck out:
>Apocalypse is boring and is the biggest jobber yet
>Erik and Charles have the same debate we always get every movie
>Mystique/JLaw in general
>Jean actress is lifeless
>Jubilee is a cameo
>Wolverine scene could have been cut out and feels forced
>Quicksilver rehash and left resolved
>HORRIBLE CGI, especially in the third act
>No one cares Magneto killed millions of people
>We're doing the phoenix again
>Storm isnt a character
>Movie ends with a horrible speech and ends on a the danger room, which arguably would have been more interesting
>Once again it feels like nothing has progressed
The film isnt bad enough to rage over, but honestly every movie feels the same.
>>
>>83542960
>No director actually looked at this scene and thought "This looks perfect and totally not stupid!".
I find it hard to believe there was a director period. It just felt very "made by committee." Just non-stop, toss everything we have at the screen and maybe some of it will stick. And much like the Amazing Spider-Man movies before it, some of the stuff actually is pretty good on its own, but as a whole it's just a big mess of a movie.
>>
>>83543381
The Weapon X stuff felt pointless to me. It only existed to set up Wolverine 3.

And what's worse is that they took away his visor for his Weapon X suit.
So you can CLEARLY see Hugh Jackman's face. They don't even try to hide his face in the shadows. They even have Hugh's face staring directing at the camera. And then they try to pull a dramatic reveal with Jean.
>>
>>83543495
> It just felt very "made by committee." Just non-stop, toss everything we have at the screen and maybe some of it will stick. And much like the Amazing Spider-Man movies before it, some of the stuff actually is pretty good on its own, but as a whole it's just a big mess of a movie.
It had a lot of potential. Very sad.
>>
You need to watch this movie without taking it seriously, then it becomes quite enjoyable.

It's one of those "so bad, it's good" movies.
>>
>>83543281
>Forcing Weapon X scene, which doesn't really fit
>Killing Havok in the most dumb way
>JLaw in general, including Mystique, the hero of mutants
>STAAAAKEEEESSSS (said in the way Honest Trailers would say QUIIIIIPS) - you don't care about people you don't really see
>Godawful scenes in Poland, from abysmal acting, to awful accents
>Horsemen other than Magneto are either underdeveloped (Storm, Angel) or not developed at all (Psylocke)
>Cutting out scenes that would flesh out characters - Psylocke, mall scene
>Cutting out scenes that would help with worldbuilding, mall scene as justification for Professor X's argument that mutants are accepted
>No Scott and Alex cooperation
>>
>>83543439
Don't forget.
Magneto kills billions of people (more than the holocaust) ad almost had Prof X's existence absorbed by Apocalypse and Prof X just let's him leave. Doesn't arrest him or shit.

Pyslocke and Angel aren't characters an could have been replaced by anyone.

The X-Men instantly forgive Storm for helping Apocalypse and Magneto kill lots of people and put her on the team.

Fassbender was overacting the fuck in this movie.
>>
>>83543515
Whats worse is how out of place Stryker was. I know the entire thing was to give them the suits, a ride to cairo, and to tease wolverine, but damn it felt rushed. The mansion is a crater for like 30 secs and Stryker is already on their front lawn. Also he somehow knows which mutants to take upon touching down. It was such an asspull to get from point A to B
>>
>>83543599
>It's one of those "so bad, it's good" movies.
More like "so ok, it's average". It's enjoyable, but that's it.
>>
>>83543599
I'd say "over the top" rather than bad.
One of the first things you see is a GIANT PYRAMID WITH THE LETTER A SURROUNDING IT
>>
>>83543439
*unresolved
>>83543710
I dont even think they addressed why Storm had a sudden change of heart. At first I thought the horsemen were under his control but apparently not. So yeah apparently Storm will stick with the winning side
>>
>>83543775
>I dont even think they addressed why Storm had a sudden change of hear

>sees Apocalypse abandon Angel to die even though he's tried to play the caring father figure role
>strangles Storm's idol

Yeah, real mystery
>>
>>83543599
It wants to be taken seriously. It's why it did Apocalypse destroy cairo and Magneto destroy thousands of people (ina roland emmerich and mos way) and tried adding a billion fan characters. It wants to be like DoFP. A movie that is fun but also emotional and deep.
>>
>>83543816
But she was on board for genocide? Again it would have made more sense if Apocalypse had a control over his horsemen.
>>
>>83543515
That and DoFP retcons a hell of a lot of other events further down in the timeline.

After Logan returns to a much more optimistic future in the late 2010s/very early 2020s, his body and his 1970s mind was recovered, unconscious, by Mystique who was very, very clearly impersonating Stryker.

Before Apocalypse came out, many believed Logan not being captured would have created a new timeline where his life wasn't such a travesty prior to X1. Yet Apocalypse seems to have ignored its own continuity and chance at a clean slate timeline by having Logan be captured off screen during the time jump regardless.

(Also, I wish Scott died/was put into a coma. Havoc's character and actor were more likable.)
>>
>>83543775
Hurt Mystique, her idol.

Still doesn't explain why Prof X would forgive her. Or why Cyclops, Nightcrawler, and Jean would be comfortable training with her after she tried to murder them.
>>
>>83542960
Cap 3= 8/10
X men 7? = 7/10
BvS= 6/10

No cape film so far has been bad. Fuck the haters
>>
>>83543904
Apparently Apocalypse has powers of persuasion but not outright control.

Which is why Poccy tells her that they're going to "save the world" when he initially said "cleanse"
>>
>>83543721
Dude he took everyone he knew from DOFP is all.
>>
>>83543988
He knew Quicksilver and Moira? Its not a huge deal but the scene itself was forced
>>
Felt like it was too serious and dull. Would've liked to see more fun stuff like the Quip-Silver scene or actually see the kids at the mall. Instead we get generic bad guy blowing stuff up and assembling his power rangers, who weren't that interesting
>>
>>83543951
That should have been explained more in the first arc.
I mean, persuasion like God Ward, Killgrave, Loki's Sceptor?

It just seemed like the mutants in this film were totes okay with genociding humans---which completely undid all the good will towards mutants and The Hero's actions in the 70s.
>>
>>83544034
Directly no. But he probably looked at surveillance feeds of the Cuba thing so he knew who she was. He's a black ops guy after all. And he may know Quicksilver from the breakout in the White House though that's a bit of a stretch since they destroyed the video feed of that incident. Though I don't think it's unreasonable for him to have done some investigation

But I do agree they showed up way too fast even with 24/7 satellite coverage
>>
>>83543738
This guy gets it
>>
>>83543057
Kill yourself.
>>
>>83542960
My only complaints were that the music was really weak and JLaw
>>
>>83544181
He could recognize Moira, because his own father was one of her superiors.
You know, Mystique impersonated his dad in First Class, when there was that hysteria about Xavier being a spy, not a mutant.
>>
>>83543439
>Wolverine scene could have been cut out and feels forced
The entire part where they're captured by Stryker should have never been in the film. The only purpose it served was a pointless Wolverine cameo.

Plus it makes no fucking sense because at the end of DOFP Mystique is clearly disguising herself as Stryker. What the fuck happened there? Did she decide to experiment on mutants now?

Also what the hell is up with everyone looking like they're the same age they were 20 years ago, for the original cast, and 10 years ago for characters like Quicksilver? They didn't even try to make them look older.
>>
>>83543057
Us this the Kino experience?
>>
File: 1468741654315.png (232 KB, 1170x1200) Image search: [Google]
1468741654315.png
232 KB, 1170x1200
>>83543057
>1.jpg
Poor guy is still mad at Civil War destroying BvS.
>>
>>83544355
Stryker's scene should have alluded to a non-lobotomized Mastermind.
>>
File: 1468746516643.webm (915 KB, 640x264) Image search: [Google]
1468746516643.webm
915 KB, 640x264
>>83543439
>horrible CGI
This.
I mean, Civil War's Iron Man suit was awful, but holy shit look at this.

When will superhero movies stop outsourcing CGI to chinks?
>>
>>83544474
Apocalypses pyramid and Magnetos force field was way worse imo
>>
>>83544425
I mean, there was a post credits scene where the Essex Corp took the Wolverine blood vial from the base, which kinda points towards Mr Sinister and a possible X23 return. But you really didn't need a 30 minute sequuence for that.
>>
>>83544474
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>83544474
And i thought the pyramid scene at the end of DoFP looked bad only because they didn't want to waste too much time polishing a stinger
>>
>>83544519
The only thing that really hurt the eyes was anything Psylocke did in the final battle
>>
>>83544474
Is this from a workprint like the wolverine fall of the silver sulfer
>>
>>83544474
Budget for the movie was only 175 mil and it showed.

Goddamn I haven't seen CGI this bad in a major blockbuster in a long time. I mean both Civil War and BvS had some shitty CGI moments, but not like this.
>>
>>83544942
DOFP had a higher budget but because they had to bring in the old cast along with the new ones, and the CGI was pretty good.
There was nothing wrong with the sentinels.
The only scene that looked bad was that one where Magneto started putting metal things inside the 70's Sentinels when they were being transported on a train.
>>
>>83543137
Sure, if it's heavy enough or strikes with sufficient force, though at the forces we're talking about (hard enough to do the same kind of damage to the internal organs that a gunshot wound would do through impact rather than direct tearing of tissues) most woods light enough to be used as arrows would probably splinter at the first impact site, assuming they survived the launch.

The critical problem with it is that unless you struck the heart or brain directly, an arrow wouldn't kill anything. It'll make it bleed, internally and externally, and that will in turn eventually kill, but it won't be a case of arrow hit=death. Then again the same is true of stab wounds and gunshot. The only other place aside from the heart or brain that you could score anything like a certain kill from would be the throat - you'd have to tear it out completely or cause such massive blood loss that it fills the lungs.

>>83544474
Or you could just hit them with a box-shaped balloon. That is some Shrek PS2 game CGI right there.
>>
>>83544942
The only weird CGI in Civil War was perhaps the armor modeled on Tony. Other than that I think it looked pretty good, giant man was solid
>>
>>83544942
>>83544966
It was $234, not including marketing.

That's the problem with large returning casts.
>>
>>83545031
It was mostly that Tony's head sometimes looked like it was floating and it didn't ''synchronize'' with the rest of the suit.
The rest was fine.
>>
>>83544966
Yeah DOFP looked pretty good.

Seems like the bigger the movie is, the worse CGI gets. AoU also had some really bad CGI parts and that movie had a 250 mil budget. Ant-Man and TWS however never made me say "damn, that's some shitty CGI" and they both had smaller budgets. Granted, a lot of TWS was practical, but even so...I imagine RDJ eating up 50 mil of the movie's budget is the reason why AoU and Civil War had some weird CGI.
>>
File: Higher and Higher.png (91 KB, 1722x827) Image search: [Google]
Higher and Higher.png
91 KB, 1722x827
>>83544394
>Poor guy is still mad at Civil War destroying BvS
You mean Disney in general?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC8Jdlj4VJk
>>
>>83545069
>Seems like the bigger the movie is, the worse CGI gets.
Because in large ensemble movies a lot of the budget goes to the casts.

Another reason why the budget doesn't get exponentially higher is because of that faggot Ike Perlmutter who spent years cutting away expenses everytime he could.
He also pushed to have Iron Man recasted because he thought RDJ was too expensive, and RDJ pushed for the rest of the cast from Avengers 1 to have a bigger pay when he saw how little they were getting paid for it.

They already said that each Infinity War movie is going to have a budget of 500 million, and they already seem to be blowing money away on actors for Thor 3, so we may see an increase in quality.
After all, Disney sees the movies as advertisement, they just want toys to make out of them because the money they get from toys makes the profits from movies look like pocket change to them.
>>
>>83543439
>Quicksilver rehash and left resolved
Watching Quicksilver's Slo-Mo scenes is the only reason to see DOFP and Apocalypse.
>>
>>83545171
The only reason to see Apocalypse, but I loved DOFP.

Should have ended the franchise then and there and reboot.
Everyone's contracts expired now anyway, and Jackman will leave after Wolverine 3.
>>
>>83545168
>each Infinity War movie is going to have a budget of 500 million
That's good to hear, that movie will have a huge cast and will need massive amounts of CGI. It's not the time to get cheap.

I imagine only the actor salaries will be almost 200 mil.
>>
>>83545133
Why did Jungle Book make so much.
>>
File: 1465091082434.jpg (77 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1465091082434.jpg
77 KB, 550x550
>>83545133
>Finding Dory is next week
>BFG is doing stupid well with test groups
>Doctor Strange is November
>Rogue One is December

>yfw Disney is the top grossing 6/7 films of the year while BvS might get push out of the top 10 completely

what a world we live in
>>
>>83543281

>JLaw/Mystique being some sort of mutant messiah
>Megneto rehashed suffering. You might as well make him anfuxking bipolar schizo at this point
>Doing the same quicksilver spot
>Quicksilver not acting like quicksilver. Felt like I was watching a kid with Autism
>Forced Weaon X set up
>"Wreak havoc!"
>Terrible make up effects for Beast, Apoc, and Mystique. I've watched enoughFace Off to know a shitty make up when I see it
>OH HEY, FLIGHT SUITS CONVENIENTLY SITTING HERE!
>Angel getting his shit kicked in TWICE
>Olivia Munna soulless acting
>a school full of mutant kids where the only ones using powers are main characters to drive plot points

I'm sure I can think of more, but I'm taking a shit at work
>>
>>83542960
>Apocalypse choosing the four horsemen
>Oh wow, you can control the weather and fry everyone, welcome.
>Jeez you can control metal? You coming with me.
>O-oh you can spawn pink swords? N-nice.
>And you can... fly.

Seriously, what was the point of Psylocke and Angel in this movie.
>>
Might as well ask here, how was the Wolverine movie from 2013? Worth a watch?

For some reason it's the only X-Men movie I haven't bothered to see so far.
>>
>>83545349
Psylocke literally bargained her way onto her horse
>>
>>83544394
You know you're more autistic than him, right? You're literally the biggest SHITPOSTER on this site.
>>
>>83545370
Ehhh, it's better than X-Men Origins, that's for sure, but it's the same thing where the 3rd act falls flat.
Worth a watch, but it's nothing special.
>>
>>83545349
I dont remember Angel ever being a horsemen. I know he got the upgrade and worked for Apocalypse at one point, but never a horsemen. Of course I could be wrong
>>
File: swgenerationscomm-.png (205 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
swgenerationscomm-.png
205 KB, 600x330
>>83545228
It's honestly a good adaptation to share with young and old a like.
Honestly that's where some directors really fuck up and they don't understand that when you are making a film with history and pedigree you need to make it something where it has a good generational pass down with it. Where your little girl gets dancing in her seat to the song "be like you" and it waxes memories in your youth listening to the soundtrack record with your mom and dad when life was simpler for you and you get that moment that makes you want to share the film with others or see it again.
>>
>>83545416
>not the first IP ITT
1.jpg pls.
>>
>>83543140
this.
>>
I've only posted 4 times in this thread.

I see you hunting the 1.jpg file name in every thread. What is it about him that makes you so assmad and autistic?

If stalking someone on 4chan is your day job, you're a fucking failure m8.
>>
>>83545455
>>83545584

Whoops, meant for.
>>
>>83545133
>Jungle book live action remake beats out the first film where Bat-man and Superman meet/fight
WB must be ready to kill Snyder
>>
>>83545665
It should have printed money, shake up is bound to happen
>>
>>83545445
He was the angel of death. He was also "Archangel" at the time. There's actually some great stories of him being dark or torn by apocalypse
>>
File: Batman doesn't give a shit.jpg (42 KB, 274x273) Image search: [Google]
Batman doesn't give a shit.jpg
42 KB, 274x273
One thing I really like about the X-Men movies recently is they give zero fucks about how old characters are supposed to look by that point in time

Batman's been around for decades but the only time he ever got any older was when Terry came along
>>
Despite nearly destroying the world Apocolypse never seemed liked a real threat
Maybe because he looked silly?
Maybe he because he didn't have a good theme (like Vader?)

It was an okay movie , just needed a better villain.
Magneto's arc was odd.
>>
>>83544355

I feel like they wrote themselves into a corner and forced Stryker/WeaponX

>Havok blows up there only mode of transportation
>blow up the entire mansion
>Oh great, how do they get to Egypt now?
>Oh I know! Let's have them get Captures by Stryker and steel his jet!

They could have filled that time with having them find a mutant that will help them get to Egypt quicker than Nightcralwer could.
>>
File: Azazel.jpg (63 KB, 1080x459) Image search: [Google]
Azazel.jpg
63 KB, 1080x459
>>83546098

>find a mutant that will help them get to Egypt quicker than Nightcrawler would

too bad he died 20 years ago by then
>>
>>83546065
>Despite nearly destroying the world Apocolypse never seemed liked a real threat
You mean because we know from the ending of DoFP that they all live happily ever after?
>>
>>83546133
Is the electrical current fucking with Nightcrawlers bamf really a thing? Because then that would imply Kurt couldnt enter A LOT of places
>>
>>83546235

He was probably nervous and he's still really young

Didn't he teleport somewhere he couldn't see in X2?
>>
>>83546235
>>83546289

The fence was fucking with all their powers, or at least any that weren't a physical power. Anything involving your brain or mental power seemed to be affected

>doesn't have a mutant cure
>but clearly have some sort of power dampening technology with no explanation
>>
Two more things bug me

- how did Quicksilver know the mansion was gonna blow up when he's outisde?
- why couldn't Jean prevent the soliders in helicopter from leaving?
>>
>>83546416
It literally just an electric fence
>>83546425
Quicksilver just happened to stop by looking for Xavier, he ran around the mansion looking for him and went "oh shit what did I walk into". I dont have an answer for Jean though. Really things just happen in this movie so the plot can move forward
>>
>>83546416
Don't forget those knock out cannons they used on the kids but misplaced when Logan broke out.
They were pulling out all the stops to get the plot going but didn't realize it sort of raises more questions than answers.
>>
File: quipsilver.jpg (17 KB, 150x182) Image search: [Google]
quipsilver.jpg
17 KB, 150x182
>that fucking smirk
>>
>>83544474
This was the one egregiously bad moment in the whole movie. Stop exaggerating

Its no worse than that truck moment in Civil War or the zoomouts on Panther chasing Bucky
>>
>>83545275
>"Wreak havoc!"
That was like "and Hulk, smash" in Avengers, which made it bearable.
>Olivia Munna soulless acting
Hard to tell how much is it her fault and how much is it lack of proper scenes, as one of her scenes were deleted >>83543696
>>
>>83545349
Lightsaber made of psychic energy isn't that bad, if you ask me.
Angel is traditional member, almost. That's when he's Archangel.

Also, Apocalypse is all about taking vulnerable people under his sway, not about truly strongest.
>>
>>83546735
Going to disagree with you there about the Wreak Havoc thing. In avengers it was played as a joke, and what orders are you going to give Hulk anyway? In X Men Xavier's line was played straight like "see we did there? badass I know", which it really wasnt. It was cringe inducing
>>
>>83545370
If you hated Wolverine x Jean, The Wolverine will make you even more annoyed with it.

Unless Jean did an imprint of herself in his mind. That would make sense with Jean "I don't know what is privacy of someone else's mind" Grey.
>>
>>83546133
He was too good for this sinful Earth.
>>
>>83546836

>that feel when I just assumed Wolverine ran off after his scene in Apocalypse because Jean unlocked his memories and he realized he met her way before it's okay to want to bump uglies
>>
>>83546830
To me it was acceptable amount of campiness.
Still pissed off that he died in such a stupid manner.
>>
>>83545349
I'm gonna assume Singer went "alright, what characters did Last Stand waste why i wasn't looking?" and both Psylocke and Angel were in it

Then he wasted them again

>Third movie's always the worst lol
>>
>>83547047
>It's third actress doing Jubilee cameo
>Third actress of Jean (including young Jean in Last Stand)
>Third actor of Scott (including appearance in Origins)
>Third movie showing origins of Wolverine (after X-2 and Origins)
What else happened for the third time in this movie?
>>
>>83543140
This.
>>
>>83547200
Third family for Magneto (if you count the one he doesn't know about)
Third time we see Magneto getting over a loss (we saw his origins in X1, then First Class had the whole "getting over pain to better use powers" situation, and now we get a new Racial Persecution: Magnetic Bogaloo)
>>
>>83547437
OK, the only moments when I am willing to give them a pass is new Scott and Jean, as they have potential.

>That moment when I realized that Jean have hair slicked to the back, which is seriously unflattering, is because blue Mystique have that hairstyle
>>
CHARLES
COME
RESCUE YOUR WEAKLINGS
>>
>>83544474
I really understand people's criticisms about Marvel movies having no stakes or being safe and having terrible cgi at times. But damn, AoA made me realize how worse it could have been. I really want Fox X-Men to step up their game and give more variety.
>>
>>83547977
Lack of showing people being affected by the destruction is what made the stakes feel nonexistent.

Technically, you don't need to kill characters to create stakes, although Havok's death was definitely not related to the stakes in the slightest, just pure retarded move from Singer to give Quickersilver moment, which was diminishing significance of Havok's death.
>>
>>83547977
I can't believe how much shit we give Whedon when none of the other "end of the world" cape movies that came since Avengers managed to be as functional, for the lack of a better word

>Waitress characters is introduced (although she had some scenes cut) at whatever point of the movie before the end of the world scenario
>We follow Waitress through the invasion
>Cap, leader of the Avengers, personally saves Waitress and the people that were trapped with her, the rest of the team is showed saving other extras too
>Day is saved, Waitress is shown being thankful for the heroes
>The movie still reminds us deaths must've occured, the news show people mourning the losses, but the enstablished extra, Waitress is ok and works as exposition to show something was indeed saved
>>
ALL IS REVEALED
>>
>>83548326
Avengers is well liked though.
It's the Age of Ultron that is not.
>>
X2 > DOFP > X:A > X1 > X:FC > X3

Undeniable
>>
>>83547948
>Not "Come rescue your flock"
I mean if you're going biblical ham just jam pack it in there.
>>
>>83548456
People shit on Whedon for many reason, from the passion for quips to the amateurish camera work, it's not only AoU
Despite it's problems i actually prefer AoU over Avengers in some aspects, the 1st one feels too "safe" and by the numbers. But that's just me, let's not derail the thread further
>>
Why WAS Stryker's scene even in the movie?
Wouldn't Wolverine breaking out warrant a scene in his own movie?

Couldn't they have avoided blowing up the mansion altogether as well?

If they scrapped those awful ideas they could have given some life to Psylocke, Cyclops, and Jean.
I guess we'd miss out on the Quicksilver scene but everything just felt so forced.
>>
>>83546190
Nah I didn't even see DoFP. More like just how the film was made didn't make it seem like a real threat
>>
>>83548829
>Wouldn't Wolverine breaking out warrant a scene in his own movie?
It'll probably just be a bunch of cuts of him being poked in the cage, freed by some mysterious force, killing a bunch of guys, flash of Jean's face, which will have creepy implications, and then him running out into the wild.
>>
>>83543176
Sweet Quips?
>>
>"I want the strongest mutants to serve me"
>picks Warren Warrington III
>>
>>83549038
He picks him even after he's shown being effectively flight crippled
>>
>>83549038
Realistically after Psylocke told him she knew where to find who he was looking for and took him to that joke he should have just gibbed them both.

She was clearly not keeping up her side of the bargain.
>>
>>83548969
>flash of Jean's face, which will have creepy implications
I know Sophie Turner is of age and is kind of a slag but the implications are so fucking creepy.

But hey fuck it, it's Hugh Jackman. Which cast member doesn't want to fuck him
>>
File: Lex sadfrog.jpg (97 KB, 332x595) Image search: [Google]
Lex sadfrog.jpg
97 KB, 332x595
>this plays the first time we see Angel after the cage fight scene
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4nCy5CITc8
>He literally becomes the most metal thing since Dethklok
>He's the only Wojack Horseman that ends up dead

Why the fuck couldn't Angel be an X-Man
>>
>>83544181
Would Moira even place in her report being kiddnapped by Stryker?
>>
>>83549470
Too many twinks would confuse the audience
>>
>>83549120
Seriously, even if Angel wasn't injured that was a stupid choice.
>Pyslocke: You want the strongest mutants? Let me take you to a guy who has organic bird wings and like two talons

Really? That's who she shows Apocalypse first? I would of bitchslapped her and Angel.
>>
I didn't love it but I didn't hate it. It's kind of forgettable really, aside from Magneto, Quicksilver, Nightcrawler, and Caliban everything else was inoffensive but dull.
>>
File: magneto_shrunk.jpg (41 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
magneto_shrunk.jpg
41 KB, 590x350
Why does Magneto's helmet look so small? Measure twice and transmute sand once, Apocalypse.
>>
>>83545053
That sounds more like a greenscreen/footage-joining problem than a CG problem. A lot of times what they do for the Iron Man suits is have a body double in a green mask and partially constructed real suit act out the body part of the scene, and then the SFX crews sync RDJ's head movement to the other actor and finish the suit details. That seems to also be what they did with the airport scene. It's similar to what they did with pre-serum Captain America.
>>
File: betsy_by_mariochavez-d5d9b44.jpg (201 KB, 900x1250) Image search: [Google]
betsy_by_mariochavez-d5d9b44.jpg
201 KB, 900x1250
Why even use Psylocke as a villain if you're not gonna even do anything with her?
>>
>>83549470
Angel sucks balls, nothing of value was lost
>>
>>83546133
Do you think Nightcrawler is Mystique and Destiny's kid in this universe?
>>
>>83551080
It would have made more sense if Apocalypse visited the mansion earlier searching for his horsemen, plenty to pick from.
>>
>>83552310
Honestly I'd prefer this to the comically oversized hats he had in the last two films.
>>
>>83547200
Third character named Angel
>>
>>83546416

I'm pretty sure that its supposed to be a faraday cage. Which I am perfectly willing to believe fucks with some mutant powers, and its generally not a bad thing to have in your super secret science transport for a number of reasons.

But the fact that it seemingly blocks EVERYTHING was really weird. Like, is this how Magneto's helmet works?

Also, and here is the REAL question: how the fuck did Stryker 'track' the psychic signal back tot he Xavier school? He said it was the source of the signal and all. This means that the US government has the ability to detect psychic waves and shit, which is a pretty baffling thing when you think about it.

Like, does Stryker just have a telepath on staff whose job is to be a listening post? If so, that's actually enormously important. There is a lot the US government could, and WOULD, do with a friendly telepath like that.
>>
>>83549470
>>83551080
Why do the X-Movies hate Angel?
>>
>>83552494
>Like, does Stryker just have a telepath on staff whose job is to be a listening post?

Mastermind would have been an easy inclusion
>>
>>83552549
Because he's too old for Singer to fuck
>>
>>83552494
What I assume is that the government always keeps tabs on the school and Cerebro emits a huge signal each time its used. You could argue that they could never prove the signal originated from Xaviers school, but Apocalypses interference was enough to nail down the location. But regardless Stryker showing up on the front lawn came out of nowhere
>>
>>83552329
To have a hot girl to put in promotional posters.
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.