[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Really I don't like this show but I can't explain why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: RickAndMorty.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RickAndMorty.jpg
171 KB, 1920x1080
Really I don't like this show but I can't explain why
Any anon can remind me of why this show is shit?
>>
no.
>>
>>83529261
Because someone probably said "reddit" in the same sentence as was referencing the show and now your lizard brain can't separate the two concepts.
>>
>>83529512
>"lizard brain"
lol reddit
>>
>>83529261
I really don't like it when it tries to act deep. It's okay when it tries to be depressing but attempting to cultivate depth just because it shows Rick trying to commit suicide doesn't make it anything other than pretentious.

Making it a bigger deal than it is makes it look worse. In a universe where death is shown to be comical and commonly used as such, why is the one version of the millions of versions of a character so important all of a sudden?
>>
>>83529261
>Really I don't like this show but I can't explain why
Because you dont like things that are fun?
>>
>>83529901
Its not
>>
>>83529716
>Anything I don't understand is a leddit maymay.

Your concept forming brain has failed you once again. The shortcuts your subconscious takes to help you comprehend the world you inhabit has provided you with an inaccurate and unclear model of reality.
>>
>>83529261

because its getting popular and successfull and you hate success
>>
>>83530273
I get that the voices might be annoying.
>>83529901
I hope they get off the "Play indie music over character being sad" ending to episodes. It had punch in S1 when Morty was meeting his new family. But Rick melting his head to Smoosh was dumb. (Chaos Chaos is a shitty band name)
>>
>>83529901

So if depressing is fine and deep is bad then why was the Rick trying to commit suicide seen as deep and not depressing?
>>
>>83529901
>not being able to visualize the episode arcs that unfold according to the Fibonacci sequence
season 2 was not as good as season 1 tho...
>>
>>83529261
Rick's burping is excessive in the first episode. That's my only complaint.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1465190903795.jpg (72 KB, 528x811) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465190903795.jpg
72 KB, 528x811
>>83529261
It really is something more for intelligent people with good taste in comedy and cartoons. It's just not for everyone. No foul.
>>
>>83529901
It's not important. The show has a nihilistic bent.
>>
>>83532228
psuedo-intellectual detected.
fuck off, tool.
No foul.
>>
>>83532350
Nihilistic isn't nihilistic if you're sad over the events currently unfolding. "Being" nihilistic and then throwing that all away for a single moment that's trivialized in the next episode is one of the most pretentious things you can do.
>>
>>83529901
Justin seems to harbor this overarching dread of death which he sometimes counters with "the apocalypse could just happen at any time so let's accept that there's weird shit in the world and roll with it" humor. This really comes out a lot in Rick and Morty.
>>
>>83529261
There is nothing that exists in entertainment that is universally loved.
>>
>>83529261
It's imaginative, but it can't pull off serious moments well. Most of late season 1 and season 2 seem to constantly try to recapture the lightning in a bottle that was the end to that Mantis People episode, and it just comes off as a highschooler's awkward attempt at drama.

The whole plot with the them being rebels fighting against an intergalactic empire felt unnecessary, and kind of limited, since it seems to forget that Rick's answer to most things seems to be washing his hands of whatever mess he's in and hopping off to a different reality.

Also, the improv is noticeable, terrible and unfunny, and they should really stop trying to push it.
>>
>>83529512
>>83530492
>>83532228
Because this is the kind of people that would defend this show ?
>>
>>83532562
>Also, the improv is noticeable, terrible and unfunny, and they should really stop trying to push it.

This, so much this. Good comedy requres skill, careful setup and punchline, and right choise of words and intonations. And these unfunny and awkward rants only make me want to look away from the monitor and wait for it to be over.
>>
>>83532562
The Interdimensional TV episodes have some good jokes, but they work once or twice. After that they just tend to get boring.

I feel R&M is the kind of series you'd watch with your friends to have a good time discussing the references rather than analizing it to a pulp, just because it pretends to be "deep" in some episodes.
>>
Because the humor too often boils down to "Everyone is stupid, an asshole or a stupid asshole for no good reason"
>>
I have seen only 8 or 10 scene from this show and when i saw it for the first time i already hate its animation
it's damn awful
>>
>>83529261
cause everyone has a slightly different sense of humor. One of my fav cartoons but it's definitely not for everyone.
>>
>>83529261

i wanna lick roilands butthole and leak the first episode of s3 while he moans in pleasure
>>
File: Flesh_Curtains.jpg (256 KB, 1137x671) Image search: [Google]
Flesh_Curtains.jpg
256 KB, 1137x671
>>83532562
>The whole plot with the them being rebels fighting against an intergalactic empire felt unnecessary, and kind of limited, since it seems to forget that Rick's answer to most things seems to be washing his hands of whatever mess he's in and hopping off to a different reality.
I always interpreted that as being Rick back when he was still young and hopeful, before he discovered the multiverse and thus the meaninglessness of choice, he might have been a very passionate scientist with hopes of liberating the oppressed galaxy, but then he discovers that there's no point to anything, because no matter what he does, there will be another universe where he didn't. After that he became the Rick that we know and love today
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.