[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
new episode of Mike Tyson Mysteries tonight at 11:45 >Save Me!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7
File: mike-tyson-mysteries-tv-review.jpg (309 KB, 1000x558) Image search: [Google]
mike-tyson-mysteries-tv-review.jpg
309 KB, 1000x558
new episode of Mike Tyson Mysteries tonight at 11:45
>Save Me!
>>
How many episodes are left, anyway?
>>
>>83528277
Next week is a half-hour season finale.
>>
I love it already.
>>
>>83528304

Sweet. Hope theres a season 3.
>>
Already off to a smoking start
>>
>>83528304
>half-hour musical season finale
>on [adult swim]
>the show is immediately cancelled afterwards

Where have I seen this before..
>>
mike sounds a little less interested than usual
and pigeon's schtick is kinda wearing thin but he's staying true to himself
>>
SHE'S GOT A DEMON IN HER
>>
Yung Hee just went up 5000 waifu points.
five
thousand

i miss going to churches that were 'just christian' and didnt bother with denominations. those were the best. if anyone got wacky the others would calmly quiet them down
>>
File: bisexual.jpg (151 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bisexual.jpg
151 KB, 1920x1080
>>
Wow, this kid looks like Johnny Quest.
>>
Why is this show so good? Writing is top notch
>>
yung you droppin it
>>
>>83528353
Well, Squidbillies did that and it's still running...
>>
blondie
kissing is okay
kissing is okay with -friends- dude.
jesus kissed his friends.

dammit this is a cult
>>
Is that Frank Welker?
>>
>Yung will never blow you

LORD TAKE ME AWAY FROM THIS EARTH
>>
>>83528392
Same here. Off topic but I hate how it's suddenly cool to be atheist these days
>>
File: 1310929596656.png (121 KB, 255x273) Image search: [Google]
1310929596656.png
121 KB, 255x273
>hanging out meant anal
>>
oh nevermind it's just this guy. it's just this one guy.
>>
>>83528461
Yung is a slut. A virgin slut.
>>
TO THE MYSTERY MOBILE FUCKFACE
>>
Damn Marques is a savage
>>
>>83528476
Those are the saddest kind.
>>
File: 1463198225448.png (50 KB, 233x213) Image search: [Google]
1463198225448.png
50 KB, 233x213
>Your bird said I had a c-word face
>You don't have a cunt face
>>
Oh shit!! fucking burn!!
>>
what the fuck
>>
>>83528476
that's why she needs a cool guy like me
to break down her inhibitions and replace them with good solid morals

hahahahaha that dude's about to be george washington
>>
>that shadow
>that God
>>
Hm. God looks familiar.
>>
Who's Jerry Jones?
>>
well that was a decently-sized sack of nothing
>>
>>83528540
Jerry jones apparently
>>
>>83528540
Jerry jones
>>
>>83528561
Dumbass
>>
>>83528205
I fucking love Mike Tyson mysteries. I really want to believe that at least some of it was ad libbed or at least written from shit Mike Tyson says. Those bits with him in the credits really capture the essence of the show - he's a goofy motherfucker.
>>
>>83528561
Owner of the Dallas Cowboys

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS
>>
VEEEEEEEEGAAAAAN
>>
>Half-hour season finale
I'm scared it'll end for real. At least it's not a musical.
>>
>Half hour season finally
Neat
>>
>Half hour special
>Pigeon fucked a ghost
>>
>>83528576

I hope this got renewed

because we need less trash like Mr Pickles, which is a show that is more concerned with wether or not every scene and line is offensive then actually being funy
>>
>>83528576
he really is. he fucking makes this show
without him it'd just be a relatively clever show with a foulmouthed hilarious asshole guy and a faggy seemingly-nice-but-actually-spinelessly-shitty guy bouncing off each other while a straightman yung hee is there too i guess
but with mike any cringe or edge from anything else that happens is just wiped clean like ... like something horrible that a little kid drew. the chainsaws jammed in the monster's eyes are funny and cute because they're in crayon
>>
>>83528601

Ah. Makes sense.

Man, this show has the best endings.
>>
Hopefully it gets renewed. Fun show

and Norm Pigeon is great
>>
Meme
>>
>>83528611
Y'know what'd be funny? If over the course of several nights it happened that the entire Mystery Team had sex with a family member and it turns out they're all ghosts. And then the entire house fades out from around them, and Mike says 'another mythtery tholved!' or something.
>>
>Mr Pickles

why?

Do people, when writing this show, literally reject something for not being offensive enough. And hardly, if ever, care if it's even funny?
>>
>>83528718
>>83528621
Season 2 has been an improvement
>>
>>83528718
I thought the dolphin episode was alright as far as being edgy, but even then that was based on a running gag.
>>
Holy shit dat ass
>>
>>83528648
>and Norm Pigeon is great
I thought you guys were my friends! I hope you all die!
>>
DUDE VEGANS LMAO
>>
>>83528621
>>83528632
Like they write some really funny jokes, and solid plots and all that - but Mike manages to just push the joke from funny to hilarious. Maybe its because he's not afraid of taking some potshots at himself, and roll with the goofiness of it all, but I always feel like I'm laughing with the man.
>>
>>83528789
its setting up to be spooky
>>
I'll be honest. That mom gave me a boner.
>>
Mr. Pickles himself keeps getting BTFO this season
>>
They just showed a dog jacking off im drag
>>
>Tommy is 6
>>
D E N I E D
>>
>>83528827
She seems like the most consistent character though as far as being funny.
>>
>>83528868
They did. I'm surprised there isn't a general by now.
>>
>He's castrated
>>
>cut off his dick with a stitched V pattern
>>
>>83528868
And they just showed a man with his penis sewn off
>>
I fucking missed the episode.

Another 10/10, right?
>>
>2016
>still having vegans as a butt of the joke
how timely and relevant, this show really is on top of cultural trends!
>>
Oh god, he's finally going to fuck her isn't he?
>>
Pickles has some nice women
>>
Notice how Pickles doesnt attack unless provoked.
>>
>>83528576
>Mike Tyson dies during season 3 production
>>
>>83529022
kind of an improvment of the first season, but its still a shit show
>>
Tommy is a real dick this season
>>
>wants to unleash his erotic sexual fantasies
>knows that he needs to do the right thing
>even accepts the pickle to the face

Pickles is a good boy
>>
I think sheriff is kinda funny desu
>>
>SteveO guest voice

Is it 2004?
>>
>>83529081
Welcome to Jackass
>>
Mr. Pickles has improved this season. Wasn't a bad episode.
>>
File: 1384621994603.gif (34 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1384621994603.gif
34 KB, 100x100
Mr. Pickles has such an interesting premise for a cartoon, honestly.
>Big bad each episode
>Mr. Pickles saves the day
>Gorefest at the end of episode

It's a shame the artstyle and humor is so stupid that it makes it nearly unwatchable.
>>
>>83528802
i think it's that he's just the right kind of stupid
see if someone's so braindead that they will agree with anything you tell them, that's boring. there's no conflict
but mike's fucking unpredictable. he takes mistakes a normal person might make and cranks them up to amelia bedelia levels. he makes the kind of bizarre connections between unrelated things that only Pinky would do. and when he makes a decision, it's HAPPENING. because he's mike goddamn tyson.
and then there's just enough realism that the consequences of the shit he does actually exist
>>
What did superjail do to be so much better than Mr pickles?
>>
>>83529184
Be created long ago enough for you to have benign nostalgia for it

prove me wrong
>>
>>83529199
I won't. I was just asking.
>>
>>83529184
Honestly for me it comes down to art style and tone. Superjail is just as crude, gross and violent, but there's more of a whimsical, Willy Wonka meets violent college animation, it's got going for it.
>>
>>83528621
AS renewed the show, but they renew Mr pickles too
>>
>>83529184

just curious, different guy, but what about Metaloclypse?

Is it because that show is actually funny?
>>
>>83529469

so Mike Tyson Mysteries is getting a 3rd season but so is Mr Pickles?

gonna get some flak for this, but what about Robot chicken and squidbillies?
>>
>>83529538
I originally passed on Metaloclypse because I saw it as edgy violent shit, but when I gave it a second chance a few years later I loved it. The buffoonery of the band is what made it all worth it.
>>
>>83529571
Those too and obviously Rick & Morty
>>
>>83529538
Metalocalypse is pretty good. Pretty original underlying plot as well. Really sucks that it's not getting a proper ending.
>>
File: mysteries.jpg (434 KB, 1516x554) Image search: [Google]
mysteries.jpg
434 KB, 1516x554
Canada here, when do they usually drop the episode.
>>
>>83529909

I honestly don't get it

there's difference between being hilariously offensive and just plain offensive

So why when they do a joke it's just something fucked up without being funny? To be lazy?
>>
>>83531076
maybe because Metalocalypse's humor comes from the band and how they interact for eachother and the world, the violence is just part of the setting in the background, and for what I have seen of Mr. Pickles it looks like violence is the only thing it has going
>>
>>83528601
>Owner of the Dallas Cowboys

Owner. OK, I thought he was the coach, like he came after Jimmy Johnson or something.
>>
>>83528205
They should a Muhammad Ali tribute episode next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAY4OURKIxM
>>
>>83531715
Ok that's a great opening.
>>
>>83528469
That part really got me
>>
>try to kiss someone
>they immediately bring up the rapture
>>
Never saw Mike Tyson Mysteries before. But damn the show's dialogue just feels so natural. The pigeon is pretty entertaining,"Well just don't stand there Yung." Not much really happened, it seems like it is dialogue based, but what do I know I've only seen one episode
>>
>>83528205
"Come forth and admire my 9 penises" now there was something I didn't expect to hear today
>>
she gon get it
>>
>>83532779
There's two parts to the show; the dialog, like you've noticed, and that most episodes are a build up to the ending as a punchline.
>>
Reminder that Yung Hee masturbated while watching Pigeon fuck his wife.
>>
>>83532779
Honestly the show is a lot of "nothing happened" and while they technically solve most of their mysteries (solved loosely just meaning the case is over like if the guy that hired them died because of their negligence) there always seems to be something else going on. That last like 30 seconds is the usually the best part of the show like the way the episode started with Mike setting the house on fire and driving away is how some would end. Some of my favorites were the werewolf episode's ending where a just cured werewolf got shot and pigeon asking if it was murder, the one where a Hitler obsessed old man got torn apart by the abominable snowman, and when they got a woman out of a coma who started hugging her stepson while thinking about how much she wanted to get railed by him. Them just talking and basically eating up time is the meat of the show with the only real con being that time just flies by even when it's a rerun.
>>
>>83533475
This being done so quickly doesn't surprise me. If was basically asking to be drawn
>>
I like to imagine the entire pitch for this show was just "Mike Tyson, an Asian co-ed, a talking pigeon and a ghost all live together and solve mysteries" and that was all it took to get Adultswim to pick it up.
>>
>>83534822
It probably wasn't even "a pigeon." Just pitched Norm MacDonald. They could have made him anything.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.