[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please explain to me the whole Thor-Donald Blake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Can someone please explain to me the whole Thor-Donald Blake thing?

I'm not sure what's outdated information, what's incomplete and what isn't.
>>
>>83526670
Nanomachines, er... Magic, son
>>
From what I understand Donald Blake was a fake persona Odin concocted to teach Thor humility.
>>
>>83526785
that's been retconned back and forth multiple times over.
>>
Originally Thor was just some doctor that found Mjolnir as a stick.

Then they retconned it so Donald Blake was just a persona Odin invented to teach Thor humility.

Then JMS decided Blake was a real person, who existed in nonbeing, where the Gods went after Ragnarok.
>>
>>83526670
hell, no
>>
>>83526670
no OP

Jane Foster is Thor
>>
>>83526670
I hate that they're ignoring Donald because of the MCU. He used to be one of my favorite characters.
>>
Do authors like specifically retcon retcons?

What the fuck is the point of this shit, why cant they write new shit with existing canon?In a few decades, you'd have this confusing flip, dip, retcon'd retcon'd retcon'd until everything folds into infinity and no one knows who's what.
>>
>>83529485
Didn't they say Jane dated a Donald Blake?
>>
File: Pym.jpg (164 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
Pym.jpg
164 KB, 658x370
>>83526714
>>
>>83529547
It's not that big of a deal. Establish what you're going with at the beginning of your run and move on.
>>
>>83526670
Donald was originally an enchanment by Odin placed on Thor that turned him into a human and Thor could switch between being Don and himself whenever he wanted.

Then writers fucked it up by making Thor and Don two different people and added so many confusing shit.
>>
>>83530143
why would Thor need Don as a secret identity anyway? seems like he was a product of the time.
>>
>>83529485
Same here, also I liked it because it made Thor into a character that wasn't a brute and subverted the whole big dumb warrior thing by making him smart and a healer.

I mean Thor fucking graduated from University and became an MD, and he used that to help people and was the go to doctor for superheroes (like he did surgery on Cap after he was poisoned) how cool was that?

Also remember when he used science to defeat the Absorbing Man or in Marvel Adventures when he used science to defeat Magneto? Man I miss smart Thor.
>>
File: donald-blake[1].jpg (75 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
donald-blake[1].jpg
75 KB, 640x360
>>83529631
Yes, also they used his name for Thor's fake id.
>>
>>83530199
He didn't need it after he found out who he really was, heck Odin wanted him to get rid of it and his relationship with Sif didn’t work because she had no interest in his human life.

But Thor actually liked being Don and just chilling in his office and helping people out, and I thought that was an interesting part of his character.
>>
>>83530329
I am 14 days older than MCU Donald Blake. Weird.
>>
>Thor, Norse god of medicine
>>
>>83530329
For a second, I thought that was an edit that said:
>Sex: Mmmyes
>>
>>83526670
Once upon a time, Marvel did a story in an anthology book where a doctor with a busted leg found a magic stick in a cave in Norway that turned him into Thor and let him fight aliens.
This story proved popular, and Thor became the main character of the book.
Eventually, it was revealed that the Doctor, Donald Blake, was not just some guy who found the stick, but was rather a magically created avatar for Thor's divine power, made by Odin to teach him humility in an elaborate scheme to prevent Ragnarok from killing the Norse gods.
Part of the original setup with Thor was that if seperated from his hammer for more than a minute, he would revert to human form.
After this proved near fatal when Thor got into a fight with the alien Beta Ray Bill, who was able to carry Mjolnir, Odin uncreated Donald Blake, and Thor spent a time with Sigurd Jarlsson as his human identity.
>>
>>83529485
A Jake Olsen is fine too.
Especially when he was illegally doing Doctor things while an EMT because he still had all his Donald Blake knowledge, but no credentials because it was all through Thor.
>>
>>83530329
That's my DOB too.
>>
>>83526670
Donald Blake is a doctor with a gimped leg who found thors hammer while hiking. Thor had the same dynamic as Golden Age Billy/ Captain Marvel. Where they are two separate people.

That was retconned to Donald Blake was Thor who was exiled and memory wiped to learn humility.

Donald Blake never comes up any more because Thor should just go on magic adventures in space damn it.
>>
>>83530514
Kek
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.