[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SPIDER-MAN 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11
File: 1.jpg (53 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
53 KB, 450x450
Would it have been good, /co/?

>Opens with Spider-Man arresting a series of C-list supervillains such as Mysterio, Shocker, Rhino, the Prowler and Stilt-Man.

>Peter Parker and Mary-Jane Watson are in a relationship and reportedly have a three-year-old son named Ben. There were casting calls for a redheaded three-year-old boy.

>Peter is working with Dr. Curt Connors and becomes close to another of his students, Felicia Hardy. She's the daughter of Adrian Toomes, a businessman who replaces J. Jonah Jameson as the owner and editor-in-chief of the Daily Bugle after Jameson decides to retire.

>Toomes and Felicia's father were criminals, and Toomes adopted her after Felicia's father died in a heist gone wrong. Toomes is a criminal mastermind planning to seize control of New York City's criminal underworld.

>Early drafts have him creating a robotic suit which he telepathically controls from a distance. Later drafts have him creating a mechanized wingsuit.

>Spider-Man and the Vulture battle throughout the movie, while Peter and Felicia grow closer. MJ finds out about their relationship and leaves for L.A. with Ben, where she's been offered an important acting job.

>In early drafts, Toomes dies halfway through when Peter destroys the Vulture robot and the strain gives Toomes a heart attack. Felicia then modifies the technology to become the Vulturess and enact revenge, and defeats Peter, but spares his life upon learning his secret identity, and leaves NYC, selling the Bugle back to Jameson, who finds himself extremely bored by retirement.

>In later drafts Toomes is Vulture through the end, and accidentally kills himself while trying to kill Spider-Man. Felicia finds out Peter is Spider-Man and understands him, but is unable to forgive him and leaves for Europe with the implication she'll return as the Black Cat.
>>
File: 2.jpg (34 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
34 KB, 600x200
>There were plans for SPIDER-MAN 4 and SPIDER-MAN 5 to be filmed back to back to complete Sam Raimi's series ahead of a reboot. SPIDER-MAN 5 would've featured the Lizard, but this was later scrapped.

>Sam Raimi was set to direct.

>The first draft was written by James Venderbilt and later revised by Steve Kloves, David Lindsey-Abaire and Gary Ross, among others.

>Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, J.K. Simmons and Rosemary Harris were set to return, with plans for Dylan Baker, Bill Nunn and Ted Raimi also coming back. Elizabeth Banks had declined to return for such a minimal role, and there were talks to bring Bryce Dallas Howard back as well.

>John Malkovich and Anne Hathaway were lined up to play Toomes and Felicia. Bruce Campbell would've played Mysterio in a cameo.

>Release date was set for June 2011.
>>
>I'm not asking you to forgive me, I just want you to understand
>I forgive you

BRAVO
>>
>>83524858
>>83524735
this sounds like only the cameos would be good and everything else would be pretty bad desu
>>
>>83524735
>Mysterio as a glorified cameo rather than the main villain
I hope we get an MCU movie with Bruce Campbell as Mysterio, since 4 was canned before they could waste him.
>>
>>83525077
He can't carry his own movie.
>>
Speaking of Spider-Man movies, who do you think they'll have as Peter's love interest in Homecoming? Mary Jane in the original was abysmal, and Gwen is overstaying her welcome. Do you think they could do Mary Jane right?
>>
>>83524735
>>Peter Parker and Mary-Jane Watson are in a relationship and reportedly have a three-year-old son named Ben. There were casting calls for a redheaded three-year-old boy.
It would have been terrible because Dunst sucked and giving them a son would only add more useless drama.
>>
>>83525527
Take that the FUCK back right the FUCK now.
>>
File: 1437932552054.jpg (571 KB, 1280x1961) Image search: [Google]
1437932552054.jpg
571 KB, 1280x1961
>>83525527
yes he can. you'd need a b plot to lend some thematic weight, but you could easily make the A plot of a whole movie about Mysterio gaslighting Spider-Man as a disproportionate revenge
>>
>>83525623
I want Black Cat, but I anticipate they'll shiptease Betty Brant for a bit then stick him him Gwen
>>
>>83525801
Nope. Mysterio is B-plot material at best.
>>
File: 1407294645330.jpg (48 KB, 360x421) Image search: [Google]
1407294645330.jpg
48 KB, 360x421
>>83524735
>series of C-list supervillains
>Shocker, Rhino
Nope
>Peter Parker and Mary-Jane Watson are in a relationship
>three-year-old son named Ben.
>Peter becomes close to another of his students, Felicia Hardy.
Nope
>She's the daughter of Adrian Toomes
Nope
>a businessman who replaces J. Jonah Jameson as the owner and editor-in-chief of the Daily Bugle after Jameson decides to retire.
Nope
>Toomes is a criminal mastermind planning to seize control of New York City's criminal underworld.
...by taking over the Daily Bugle? No, grabbing the media makes sense. My issue is grabbing the least credible paper in New York.
>Spider-Man and the Vulture battle throughout the movie, while Peter and Felicia grow closer.
>MJ finds out about their relationship and leaves for L.A. with Ben, where she's been offered an important acting job.
Oh god I physically can't care less, but I wish I could
>In early drafts, Toomes dies halfway through when Peter destroys the Vulture robot and the strain gives Toomes a heart attack. Felicia then modifies the technology to become the Vulturess and enact revenge
Now I wish I could kill ideas. Neo Goblin 2?! Really?!
>and defeats Peter
Fuck all the way off.
>In later drafts Toomes is Vulture through the end, and accidentally kills himself while trying to kill Spider-Man.
Fuck back on and immediately off again.
>>
>>83525801
No, you can't. Just like Electro (which they made the A-plot for some reason in Amazing Spider-Man 2), they're B-plot villains. Villains like Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Venom are A-plot.
>>
File: TheDetails.jpg (114 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
TheDetails.jpg
114 KB, 630x1200
>>83524735

>Spider-Man and the Vulture battle throughout the movie, while Peter and Felicia grow closer. MJ finds out about their relationship and leaves for L.A. with Ben, where she's been offered an important acting job.

Then it'll just lead into Peter marrying Betty Brant and then this film happens.
>>
>>83524858
>Bruce Campbell as Mysterio

Fuck me, I was saying they should have done that since Spiderman 2.

On the one hand I'm glad they were going to but on the other FUCK I'LL NEVER SEE IT
>>
>>83525909
>>83525882
Meme reasoning, senpai
>>
>>83526102
Not meme reasoning, there's never been an interesting or main plot with Mysterio in the comics. Don't see why it wouldn't be the same in the movies.
>>
>>83526145
Isn't that weird?

Guy can manipulate minds like a motherfucker. A good writer could make a great mindful story with him.

Oh wait.

>marvel
>good writer
>>
>>83525927
I'm glad he got work after Spidey, he'll always be a favorit actor of mine because of his role. But I wish I had heard of that movie, because it sounds unfortunate that there wasn't much press surrounding it. I mean I had no idea he as in any other film besides the Great Gatsby.
>>
>>83525077
>>83525801
Why faggots on 4chan is obssessd with this guy? He is nowhere as interesting as most other villains of Spider, and his gimick gets old quickly.
>>
File: Spidey goes mad.jpg (80 KB, 400x605) Image search: [Google]
Spidey goes mad.jpg
80 KB, 400x605
>>83526145
>>83525882
One of the best Mysterio stories.
>>
>>83526459
He's perfect for a movie because of his gimmick.
>>
>>83526459
>his gimick gets old quickly.
no one's saying he should be some grand overarching villain across multiple movies. just give him one movie and then stick him in the sinister six movie with the rest
>>
File: 61tH+KRzKpL[1].jpg (64 KB, 325x500) Image search: [Google]
61tH+KRzKpL[1].jpg
64 KB, 325x500
>>83526483
he was great in Gauntlet too
>>
>>83526672
The Gauntlet had some great fucking stories.
>>
>>83524735
sounds neat
>>
>>83525739

Right? Mysterio deserves to be a much bigger threat to spider-man. He devises incredible tricks, traps and technology. Mysterio should be a tactical genius capable of defeating spider-man.

His flaw should be that he wouldn't kill spider-man, he just wants the attention and respect of being the world's greatest entertainer.

Becoming one of the most wanted criminals in the world. He lets himself be caught into the most secure prison ever built, for the challenge of his greatest escape yet.

He can carry his own movie, he can carry the sinister 6, he can be the go to returning spider-man villain in the MCU

He is the one, the only, Mysterio
>>
>>83525527

Buddy, Army of Darkness?
>>
>>83526672
The Gauntlet was pretty great all around.
>>
>>83529163
If only he could match wits with Batman. He honestly seems to have the genius levels of Riddler and he sets up traps like he's Killer Moth or the Joker and, like Clayface (and Firefly?), he's a failed Actor. It just builds itself as being a Batman villain to reckon with.
>>
>>83531585

The problem is motivation and goals. Most spider-man villains lacked any real drive when they were first made. They were scooby doo villains. Crooks and killers for the sake of a comic. Late 70's and 80's most of them got more indepth back story. There's very little reason as to why Mysterio does what he does. In the MCU him waiting to rise to challenge is a great idea. That all these heroes and villains are famous, so he becomes one.

Making spider-man believe he killed a bystander is hauntingly great stuff though. I hope they use that. Mysterio can really fill all kinds of roles as spider-mans nemesis.

I like the idea of world that doesn't care about "magic" because real magic exists. Who would go see Mysterio live when they can wait around to watch Iron Man, Vision or Spider-man zoom past? That's where Mysterio should step in.
>>
Besides Venom, Spider-Man 3 was a really good movie
all the hate is bullshit
>>
File: reign.jpg (159 KB, 1596x2394) Image search: [Google]
reign.jpg
159 KB, 1596x2394
>Peter Parker and Mary-Jane Watson are in a relationship and reportedly have a three-year-old son named Ben. There were casting calls for a redheaded three-year-old boy.

Dropped.
>>
>>83532709
it sill had toby maquire so no
>>
>>83529163
Remember that story where Mysterio tricked Logan into killing all the x-men through illusions?

Good stuff.
>>
>>83532793
it'd be funny if they had the three different mysterios running around at once in the movie and used that to riff on the 3 jokers thing
>>
mysterio would be a great villain BECAUSE he's not a top tier villain. I think a movie centered around spidey fighting a dude who just wants to entertain the world would be really funny and meta (in a good way).

the idea of mysterio not really getting why possibly killing people is a big deal in the name of entertainment is hilarious, and it'd be cool to have him and spidey commiserate a little bit about life. plus you could do all kinds of weird and experimental camera stuff with his mind control/sfx powers
>>
>>83532660
So Mysterio would be like Tulip and Miguel or the two priests from Prince of Egypt. He'd have a deity complex and would trick people with smoke and mirrors to either make people believe the Powered Heroes were just regular people or make them believe he was more powerful than the heroes...

Is Mysterio the Penn and Teller of MCU?
>>
>>83524735
not into the whole cheating apsect and felicia becoming the vulturess and defeating spiderman

the later drafts sounds better but the vulture simply isnĀ“t a character that I care about
>>
>>83533605
Wings of Vengeance, Down Among the Dead Men (Marvel Knights: Spider-Man), Gauntlet: Vulture, and Great Heights are probably the only notable Vulture stories but you could mash them together quite well to make a movie
>>
>>83533808
Funeral Arrangements and "Let Fly These Aged Wings!" are great Vulture stories, too.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.