[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody streaming Preacher tonite?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
Anybody streaming Preacher tonite?
>>
Hey, Flash Dad is on this episode tonight
>>
>episode begins with Saint of Killers

Ehhhh....
>>
>Saint of Killer
>reference to Jody
I can dig it
>>
>>83524660
fuckin A right
>>
Had my doubts about the series, but just watched last weeks episode, actually quite enjoyable. Will definitely be watching regularly in future.
>>
Its the second episode? Didn't it come out like in late June?
>>
>>83526436
First episode aired two weeks ago right after the Fear the Walking Dead season finale, then they reaired it last week for the holiday weekend, and now it'll air straight through the rest of the summer.
>>
>>83526620
Great, the first episode was pretty good.
I'll keep watching and reading the comic alongside.
>>
>>83526713
When is the new episode coming out? Is someone streaming it? It's really weird how Garth Ennis shines with just a touch of control, like Preacher was good but how it made up its universe basically made me unable to take it seriously.
>>
watching the first "Talking Preacher" atm, post-show talk for ep1 with interviews from the actors intersparsed, pretty good too.
>Gilgun pissed his pants on set when he was buried in the ground
>>
>>83526956
lmao just at that part now
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-06-05h05m35s724.png (434 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-06-05h05m35s724.png
434 KB, 720x576
>>83526956
>>83526973
>Jesse Custer is an anagram
huh, never knew
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-06-05h05m47s064.png (547 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-06-05h05m47s064.png
547 KB, 720x576
>>83527259
>arseface waved at a schoolbus, with predictable results
>>
>>83527295
>the children cried
Man, Image if they had seen the Arseface from the comics.
>>
>>83527295
>>83527331
He really does look too pretty.
>>
>>83526956
Oh and Gilgun also literally skyped the casting interview from his mom's basement because he "didn't have easy access to technology"
>>
>>83526620
Wait, Fear the Walking Dead finale? I wasn't aware the second season even started.
>>
>>83527780

Midseason finale.
>>
>>83527820
Still. Are they doing anything different with it so far, or is it just TWD: West Coast? Because goddamn was the first season a major disappointment, all the cool breakdown of society shit I was hoping that series would have been about happened off screen after a two week time skip.
>>
>>83527914

I have no idea, I've got the whole thing on my computer but can't be arsed to watch it, too busy watching Peaky Blinders and The Expanse.
>>
Are the guys after Jesse angels? They seem to know about Genesis.
>>
This episode definitely fixed the pacing issues that the pilot had. Seeing the SoK was a nice surprise and the church fight scene was funny/badass. I am pretty surprised to see how non comic viewers are reacting to it.

>>83528514
I believe so since they showed up again at the end.
>>
>>83528626
How long until it's revealed thatgod is not in heaven it seems like they're putting the town of salvation arc at the beginning so I think it might actually be the season end cliffhanger.
>>
Just watched Ep2.

What's good
>Realizing what the opening scene was and the 1881 title on screen
>Fucking Jackie Earle Haley as Quinncannon
>Superficial pottery with the opening and closing scenes

What's meh
>Tulip and Jesse's characterization
>I prefer weird star trek angels to the government agent angel they're taking here

Predictions
>The angels keep respawning until the Saint kills them for good
>Jesse blows up the church in the finale. Arseface, Cassidy and Tulip are elsewhere. Areseface either swears revenge or has expressed interest in becoming a hardcore punk singer or both.

Overall, it's better than I expected.
>>
>>83528820
I'm thinking that it'll be revealed at the end of the season too. It would be one hell of a season finale cliffhanger.
>>
I've been meaning to read Preacher for a while since so many people say it's great. Do you guys think I should get that done before I see the third episode? I feel like the first version of a story that you're exposed to usually feels like the best version. Like knowing what's going to happen kills a bit of the fun. I don't want that to happen to the show, but I feel like it'd be better for the comic to spoil the show than vice versa.
>>
>>83531185
Read the comic bruh.
>>
>>83523920
That was Flash Dad?
>>
>>83531185
Take my advice watch the show first and then read the comic

Cause you will not be able to enjoy the show as much once you read the comics
>>
>>83527914
The finale ended with a place full of "there is nothing wrong with these dead people" burning up and the group getting separated giving me a serious sense of walking dead season 2 deja vu. Other than one of the kids being some kind of weird psycho they really aren't trying anything new other than making people dumber than usual (I mean even if you don't know what zombies are by this point you should at least have learned to be both cautious and able to defend yourself efficiently instead of stumbling through everywhere you go). I can understand how someone wouldn't know it was on again, I didn't know until it popped up in my DVR. Honestly I never know when the original is coming back from a break either without the DVR because the shows sole purpose is to give me something extra to watch on Sundays.
>>
>>83529373

I really like Tulip here, but I totally get why the fans of the comic wouldn't. I just think Negga is killing it in the role and has the swagger this interpretation needs to work.
>>
>>83535030
>Negga

Go back to /pol/.
>>
>>83535066

dank

As someone who only read the first volume of Preacher, should I be excited about whoever Jackie Earle Haley is playing? That was clearly a fanservice moment for the comic fans.
>>
>>83535066

Mild kek
>>
>>83533827
This is always such an idiotic mindset.
If the comic is great and the show is decent, and you watch the show first, that would ruin your impression of the comic. So you ruin a great comic so you could enjoy a decent TV show.
>>
>>83533827
I've been catching up with the comic and I am watching the series. I don't find either one any better or worse than the other. Preacher the series is certainly building up to be more like Preacher the comic. They already have the feeling down cold. Cooper makes a good Jesse. Negga has Tulip's attitude down cold. And Gilgun. from watching his interviews, is just a dark haired version of Cassidy minus the need for blood. But, really, he is Cassidy. It's uncanny. I can't wait to see what happens when Jesse finds out that Cassidy wasn't kidding about being a vampire.

I like how the show knows exactly what it is. Unlike say Constantine which seemed to be undecided whether it wanted to go dark and twisted or plain mildly supernatural or not. It's like Gotham from the get go. Weird, brutal and comically violent from the moment it hit the ground. (In more ways than one.)
>>
>>83535187

The trouble is, so far the show just feels like a watered down version of the comic with terrible pacing, maybe that's changed, haven't seen the new episode. I can dig it if the show would take liberties and offer something good in its place, like say iZombie, but so far most of the changes feel just weird (I can understand the logic from a production POV but the execution is weak) and the show is dragging its feet. The action scenes are also fucking terrible, bad effects and editing and the speeding up of movement to make it more fast paced looks completely awful.
>>
>>83535874
>terrible pacing
They said that they wanted to show a bit of Jesse being a Preacher, since there wasn't much of that in the comic.
>>
Curious as to how Jesse telling the comatose girl to open her eyes will turn out. I get the feeling it's not going to go well.
>>
>>83531185
I just read all the issues in the week or two since seeing the pilot and I would recommend doing that.
Also since I'm not super attached to the comic I don't at all mind the show's interpretation.
>>
>>83536445
a huge chunk of her brain is missing, at best shell be a mindless puppet,at worst...
i dont know how far his powers go, can he only affect the actions of people? if he asks someone to grow a new arm, would their body comply? he can affect other peoples brains as was demonstrated but how much?
>>
I had kinda mixed feelings seeing the pilot but I was still enthusiastic to see what they had in store.

And suddenly:
>opening sequence
>we saint of killlers now
>we Quincannon now
>"someone else taught me how to fight"
>Angels DeBlanc & Fiore just casually getting murdered and respawning

Well shit, I am eagerly waiting for next week. I fucking love that they are introducing the Saint of Killers' story in flashbacks. I can see it well from here: a few episodes with flashbacks to get to the point where he finally becomes the saint and then BAM, they wake him up.
>>
File: 1445048965320.gif (2 MB, 325x234) Image search: [Google]
1445048965320.gif
2 MB, 325x234
>that church fight scene

you know the one
>>
>>83535187
>So you ruin a great comic so you could enjoy a decent TV show.

yeah cause you can read through the comics easily

You cant gruel through the show for however long it keeps airing
>>
Really liked Ep2, glad to have something to watch this summer.

>Tulip just messing with Jesse

I don't care much for this Tulip but I do enjoy her bullying Jesse
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.