[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the franchise truly shot to shit or is it still salvageable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 29
Is the franchise truly shot to shit or is it still salvageable in some respect?
>>
The franchise was shot to shit when they let James Roberts write.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 620x349
The franchise was shot to shit when they devoted an entire scene trying justifying legal pedophilia
>>
OH BOY! I can't wait to see them fight Megatron AGAIN!
>>
I wonder what would happen if Del Taco was allowed to make a Transformers movie
>>
>>83523256
Why would the Collector want to make a Transformers movie?
>>
>>83523120
I don't remember that from TF1
>>
>>83522344
That isnt Optimus Prime, holy fuck thats a syfy original murderbot
>>
>>83523307
The other Del Taco, anon
>>
>>83523256
>>83523307
G1 fans need to learn.

No one but Bay wants to make a TF movie, there is literally no directors, famous or not, fighting to get that job.
>>
>>83522344
When they turned Optimus into an hypocritical murderer this shit was beyond saving.
>>
>>83523389
Oh the Pacific Rim guy. Don't know why he'd want to make another POS like that.
>>
>>83522344
There a reason "Optimus" looks conspicuously like the Decepticon crest?
>>
>>83522344
Does he have a robot vagina on his face?
>>
>>83523311
Watch the series(if you hate yourself) there's a entire scene justifying why a 20 something year old can fuck walberghs 17 year old
>>
>>83523443
Because that's actually Alpha Trion
>>
>>83522344
funny thing is, kinda like 3d zelda games, each one after the first has shown us a new reason that it should be the best ever.
2nd one had a rotten plot because of the writer's strike, but some of the most amazing battles
3rd had some of the best actual drama and character interaction, and some neat concepts
and as much as nobody wanted there to be a 4th, it ended up having the best goddamn plot yet, even giving a genuinely good sequel hook. Even if the enemies were total nonsense, there was little else they could have done to escalate things. plus we got dinobots. and it seems the next enemies are going to be the precursors or whatever. hopefully they can leave the humans out entirely because holy shit the 4th movie humans were so terrible i missed the previous movies' ones
>>
>>83523490
are you seriously opposing that
how old were your parents when they had you, anon?
>>
>>83523515
Go sleep, Bay, all movies sucked, the only half decent was TF1
>>
>>83523547
That's not the problem it's a entirely out of fucking place scene which is saying a since its in transformers fucking five
>>
>>83523497
Oooh. I'm tempted to see it just to see how badly they fuck up. Optimus felt so damn weird in the last movie, I want changes.
>>
>>83523581
That's bullshit and you know it.

TF1 has ALL the flaws the subsequent bayformer movies have, plus exclusive flaws (Autobots not being capable of fighting without the army, Shia kills Megatron, TF yalking offcamera because of low budget) to it that the sequels correct.
>>
>>83523515
The fourth one of the best characters and is the best movie
>>
File: 070723.jpg (319 KB, 692x1506) Image search: [Google]
070723.jpg
319 KB, 692x1506
>>83524477

TF1 is a garbage movie I don't understand why anyone defends it.

It's bloated, the Transformers aren't developed at all, and nothing interesting ever happens.
>>
What about this? https://www.instagram.com/p/BGFEZ9vIWv1/
>>
>>83523120
You'd think 4chan would love the shit out of this movie for that aspect.
>>
>>83522344

Bayformers was always shit, nothing could save it other than firing Bay and all the writers and producers, hiring a good director and writers and producers, and rebooting the whole thing.

IDW is fine when it isn't trying to focus too much on hard gay robots and instead is actually having adventures, battles, and plot development.
>>
File: 1354326981228.jpg (117 KB, 665x598) Image search: [Google]
1354326981228.jpg
117 KB, 665x598
>>83523120
>17 years old
>pedophilia
>>
File: tfw.jpg (52 KB, 800x469) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
52 KB, 800x469
>>83524859
TF1 was basically a product of its time when there hadn't been any towering robot films. It wasn't a definitiveTransformers flick to most, it was a humansxalien robots flick which was deemed enjoyable because it was the first and they were forgivable at the time.

Of course right now looking back it pretty much was shrewd in using CG budget but it was the only TF movie that had actual robot props (The frozen megatron wasn't CG) in and the most memorable short scenes in the whole trilogy.

Also mentioning, TF3 was probably the only movie that adapted from the G1 series.
>>
>>83525973
Reboot's too late.

They also fired the writers and got new ones but Paramount wouldn't let Bay go for some costly reason.

>>83525411
If it had CG robots that people paid money to watch for, maybe we would.

But sadly even the development team hated Bay for prioritizing that during one interview
>>
>>83523415
Bay literally wanted out many times. Producers keep stringing him back, and the fact that no one wants to direct the robot franchise everyone but china is growing out of.
>>
>>83523690
well that was the point. they were trying to be real
they cast this super young guy as the girl's dad, and tried to make him sound like a protective dad, so they made him just weirdly obsessed with a 3-year age gap
he was terrible. everyone shat on lebouef but he was pretty good and his parents were fucking hilarious as lowbrow comedy relief goes
which, let's admit it, is the ONLY direction the humor could have gone. Anything else would have been stale, this at least was memorable.
>>
>>83523515
>it ended up having the best goddamn plot yet,
Watch an actual fucking movie holy shit
I watched 4 to make fun of it and even then I was bored to tears but its badness
>>
>>83526528
Transformers killed the giant robot genre... it hurts
>>
Rank the films?
4>1>3>2
>>
>>83526651
Well to be fair DelToro did try to make a better one.

So far most other robot films post TF1 were robots of smaller scale (that boxing movie with Hugh Jackman) or cyborgs and alien robot henchmen
>>
File: STARSCREAAAAAM.png (26 KB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
STARSCREAAAAAM.png
26 KB, 291x300
>>83526686
>4 is the best
I'm forgiving, but fuck did I hate nearly everything in that movie. The humans were so boring and their scenes stretched so much that I was almost wishing for Shia back.

Well the good thing about it is that the robots have dialogue and that MurderPrime is incorporated as development for the character.
>>
>>83526686
1>3>2>4
>>
File: DOTM_Carly_persuades_Megatron.jpg (77 KB, 800x333) Image search: [Google]
DOTM_Carly_persuades_Megatron.jpg
77 KB, 800x333
>>83526686
I just noticed that Rosie's two movies involved her and post-apocalyptic rusty truck
>>
>>83526804
*didn't mean to quote
>>
>>83526083
It is.
>>
>>83526686
3>4>>>2>>>>>1
>>
>>83527139
THE SCALE
>>
>>83523256
>I wonder what would happen if Del Taco was allowed to make a Transformers movie
It'd be great, but barely makes its budget.
>>
>>83527216
The DelToro curse.

>tfw no Hellboy 3
>>
>>83526804
Best scene in the entire Bayformers franchise is the opening scene for TF1 where the Helicopter Reks the base. Rest was a shit show
>>
>>83527248
>implying the best scene isn't the alley way transformation+flashback
>>
I refuse to believe no one else wants to direct the Transformers movies. If you want to fucking fix them just GET THEM AWAY FROM BAY. Give them to somebody who likes sci-fi stuff and enjoys telling a good story on screen.
>>
>>83527239

The last book of The Strain was a fucking kick in the balls. I don't even care abour his shit anymore.
>>
>>83522344
I don't know why people hated the 4th one so much. It was a bit slow to start, but when it got going, it was one of the best popcorn flicks I've ever seen. Action and special effects were insane, Grammer was a fun villain, the Autobots were well-defined, and Stanley Tucci was damned hilarious. I don't think any final scene has ever got me as hype as Optimus flying into space.

I know there's a ton of people who are butthurt over "not muh prime" and want the movies to honor and respect the source material (i.e., a fucking thirty year old toy commercial animated by Koreans), but I have no problem thinking of it as an elsewords tale.
>>
>>83527322
Why would they do that if they make money? They don't care about the quality.
>>
>>83526749
I would have been fine with MurderPrime if the end of the movie didn't boil down to pic related
>>
>>83527322
Another reason is that producers refuse to believe that people will watch a Transformers movie without relatable humans, like those cape producers who don't know that cape movies sell to women and mothers without using romantic love interest hooks.

Well, that or that Transformers taking place on Cybertron/other alien planets alone is only possible through animated films, and even then they'd cheapen it with some 3D models worse than TFPrime.
>>
>>83526686
4>>>>>>>>>3>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2
>>
I fucking hate these movies with a passion. Watched a stream of the 4th one because theyre not getting a fucking dime from me and I had to stop 2 or 3 times because of how pissed off I got
>>
>>83527399
Actually the fourth movie's total gross is deceptive. A huge chunk of that came from China and some other overseas countries. Its domestic gross was the lowest in the series. American studios still care the most about domestic gross because they get a bigger cut of that than they do of foreign box office.
>>
>>83527322

Bay has already set the tone and visual aesthetic for the franchise, whoever takes over would be excepted to follow the general beats he set up. No-one wants to be Diet Michael Bay except for the golems he has working at Platinum Dunes, and they're bust taking a shit on every classic horror film or Ninja Turtles so they're busy.

And no one wants to work on the same schedule Bay does either. The guy is apparently a fucking lunatic on set micro-managing 45 things at the same time, his work ethic is is pretty admirable even if his actual content isn't.
>>
>>83527441
>I had to stop 2 or 3 times because of how pissed off I got
lol what a fucking child
>>
File: Optimus Prime Fallen.jpg (114 KB, 600x438) Image search: [Google]
Optimus Prime Fallen.jpg
114 KB, 600x438
>>83527400
Did it though? I mean he killed a bit less viciously in the fourth than in the third.

Well then again he backstabbed Lockdown and drove the sword straight up his head, which was less impactful than Megatron getting an axe thrown into his chest and had it lodged into his head before being decapitated and thrown to the ground, or Optimus ripping out the Fallen's face and punching his spark out from behind, or Shockwave getting his eye ripped out as insides are punched out, or Grindor getting his face ripped off from each other with two hooks lodged in his eye and face.
>>
>>83523415
G1 fans didn't want it in the first place.
>>
File: transformers4-2014.jpg (52 KB, 630x338) Image search: [Google]
transformers4-2014.jpg
52 KB, 630x338
>>83527468
See, I actually think that, somewhat unwittingly, Bay has laid some interesting planks in the movie TF universe. The trouble is it's barely explored, but it's there.

It's almost an apocalyptic take on the Transformers. Cybertron is a burnt-out husk. The Allspark, the only way the Cybertronians know of to reproduce, is destroyed. Cybertronians are essentially a dead race grinding slowly towards extinction one kill at a time. Optimus recognizes this and decides to use the Autobots' remaining time in the universe to protect sapient life from harm, mostly harm inflicted by other Cybertronians. Megatron, on the other hand, can't let go of the old dead dreams of Cybertronians as a galactic master race. He's constantly trying whatever he can to revive their race and conquer the galaxy again. It gives their rivalry an interesting wrinkle of acceptance vs activism, of meeting one's end peacefully vs going out kicking and screaming.

And all of this is actually in the movies. It crops up in scenes, in snippets of dialogue, sometimes even in major plot beats. The trouble is Bay never dwells on it and structures whole movies around it. Someone else could, though.
>>
>>83527043
maybe look up the word pedophillia in the dictionary champ
>>
File: 1432788647068.jpg (924 KB, 867x1000) Image search: [Google]
1432788647068.jpg
924 KB, 867x1000
>>83527596
They delve into it in comics but they stopped doing prequel/movie adaptations of it during AoE.

It was a clusterfuck for Barricade being in between the twilight of life and death, which was funny as he was one of the memorable decepticons of the first movie.
>>
>>83527575

>Well then again he backstabbed Lockdown and drove the sword straight up his head, which was less impactful than Megatron getting an axe thrown into his chest and had it lodged into his head before being decapitated and thrown to the ground, or Optimus ripping out the Fallen's face and punching his spark out from behind, or Shockwave getting his eye ripped out as insides are punched out, or Grindor getting his face ripped off from each other with two hooks lodged in his eye and face.

I could almost admire the "dark and edgy" war movie aspects of the Bayformers movies if they weren't sandwiched between "lol boobies" jokes and all the racism and homophobia.

>>83527596

Yeah, there's a spine of a good story there, but it's being crushed under the weight of Bayisms.
>>
>>83527520
What can I say? I cant really hate a movie unless I see it. Plus it gave me a chance to go do something more productive
>>
>>83527703
You know, in ALL of the vast Transformers franchise, I can't think of too many examples that explore the idea of Cybertronians as empire-builders. You'd think it would have dawned on more writers that this immortal race of shapeshifting machines, all of whom are armed to the teeth, might be able to subjugate a huge swath of the known universe.
>>
>>83527797
Pretty sure their biggest flaw as a specie is that they were born to fight, and ended up fighting each other.
>>
>>83527751
Well I can't argue, even as one who has a tiny bit of liking to the Bayverse.

When someone asked, I just tell them to view the scenes on youtube, since most of the human parts involving the family is just bad filler, or repetitive father-boyfriend bantz, neither of which are what any of the filmviewers were asking for.
>>
>>83527043
Apparently not in Texas. Some new story last week about a tutor who was involved in a sexual relationship with a 17 year old student. Turns out that was the age of consent, so that was legal, but she sent him naughty pics which is illegal for someone under 18.

So basically they had that whole thing about the Romeo and Juliet law and didn't need to. They're totally legal and in the clear to bang, as long as they don't take photos of it.

And NONE of that makes me feel any better about that stupid scene where he wipes out the law he's carrying in his pocket everywhere. Totally fucked up.
>>
Well, the next one might have ROM.

Which is pretty awesome.
>>
>>83528049
It won't have Rom. The last knight refers to the "Knights of Cybertron" sequel hook from the last movie.

They're building a TF cinematic universe, the other Hasbro properties won't crossover to it. That's why they have confirmed the Cybertron and Bumblebee spinoffs already, plus the other Hasbro films aside maybe GI-Joe3 are still very early into preproduction.

(Plus you know very well how Michael Bay's ROM would turn out)
>>
>>83528218

Eh, its somewhat possible. Some guy on Forbes made a few good points about it.

Also, Hasbro said that IDW's plan to make a Hasbroverse is "very similar" to what they have planned for the movies.
>>
File: TF5.jpg (26 KB, 471x350) Image search: [Google]
TF5.jpg
26 KB, 471x350
Hound's new vehicle
>>
>>83528276
>Hound
>ambulance

I'm a little ticked.
>>
>>83522344
the franchise has a strong and solid base anyway, and the movies have good action scenes (sort of) the only reason to watch a michael bay movie
>>
File: 2017.jpg (314 KB, 2921x1310) Image search: [Google]
2017.jpg
314 KB, 2921x1310
Bumblebee's new vehicle
>>
>>83527575
nice repeating digits

I can understand Optimus being intensely jaded as people he's allied with have either ran off or turned against him, but the violence in past films was done from what Optimus probably saw as necessity. Kill as quickly, and effieciently, as possible and get out. But now, idk it feels like overkill is becoming a standard procedure for Optimus. And now he's blasting of into space to punch quintessons or something. To me, it feels like we're getting Megatron doing a somewhat convincing portrayal of Optimus.

https://youtu.be/Ru0rnAkekOs bit of a slight tangent but who the fuck is that guy at 2:20
>>
File: Knight.jpg (47 KB, 603x456) Image search: [Google]
Knight.jpg
47 KB, 603x456
Hannibal Lector also joins the cast

Returning would be Josh Duhammel and his best friend. Rumored to be returning is Megan Fox.

Also is it true that Bumblebee made a cameo in TMNT2?
>>
>>83528256
I couldn't see the IDW setting working with Bayformers, a full on reboot would be needed in order to not be as messy.

I can se Bayformers easily spreading into more TF kinds of films, but to add ROM, The Joes, Visionaries, Micronauts and MASK to that... It wouldn't be organic at all and I don't see a man like Bay pulling it off, ever!
>>
File: Mammoth tusk.jpg (57 KB, 591x590) Image search: [Google]
Mammoth tusk.jpg
57 KB, 591x590
Half-confirmed to be Megatron
>>
>>83528379
It was justa guy dressing as Bee in a halloween parade, nothing more than a fanservicey wink but he had a transforming costume and hifived Mikey so it was cool.
>>
>>83528298
Well they did lose their medic in the fourth
>>
>>83526425
The joke is animated took the movie design and then went back to g1 and it looks so much better
>>
>>83528379

>Now then, tell me. What did Megatron say to you? Multiple Megs in the next cell. He hissed at you. What did he say?
>He said, "I can smell your cunt."
>I see. I myself cannot. You use Evyan skin cream, and sometimes you wear L'Air du Temps, but not today.
>>
>>83523415
Why would anybody want a shitty live action movie anyway? I would rather have no Transformers movie than have a Michael Bay one.

And I find it very difficult to believe that no director would direct a Transformers movie when people were willing to direct Warcraft.
>>
>>83523581
Wrong. All of them suck but 4 manages to suck less bad than the others, which are all abortions that people deserve to be literally killed for making.
>>
>>83528414
Megatronus
>>
>>83526686
This.
>>
>>83527385
>popcorn flick

fucking kill yourself
>>
>>83528482
Megatron in the TF1 DS games was hinted to be a cannibal spark eater.

ROTF and the TF1 DS games were pretty good for movie tie-ins
>>
>>83527797
that's... literally one of the major elements of IDW. That was Nova Prime's whole shtick. He just couldn't breed enough Cybertronians because the sparks ran out, so he started ripping them out of the Matrix and killed it.
>>
>>83527645
dont worry man, it's just another word being destroyed by overuse in an exagerrated attempt to vilify and victimize people for reasons related to unchecked feelings

literally used to be one of my favorite words
>>
>>83528503
Show me an interview with ANY director expressing interest in making a TF film, then!

There's a reason se have a decade of five Bayformer movies.
>>
>>83528818
show me an interview with any director expressing interest in any licensed property

>There's a reason se have a decade of five Bayformer movies.
Because they make a fuckton of money from Joe Retard and the Chinks. Do you really think that a good director can just walk in and take a franchise from somebody who is making that much money?

Are you stupid?
>>
>>83528943
>hurr directors don't express interest in working with famous franchises durr!
Shut the fuck up, moron
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/618307-who-else-might-be-interested-in-directing-a-james-bond-movie

Taking into acount how Bay has gone público several times about him leaving TF since the third one, he isn't really kicking out anyone of that director's chair Should one walk into Paramount to offer his soul.
>>
>>83528730
Okay, fine, they're picking up on it at last. I don't read the comics. It's nice to see, though.
>>
>>83528503
I think having to continue from Bay is what would scare any director off. Bay has left a train wreck for any future director.
>>
>>83528482
> With some nice Energon...phhhu phhu phhhuuuufff!!!
>>
>>83529244
>James Bond
>license
>not a prestigious classic film series

you dense motherfucker
>>
>>83529273

All the more reason for them to kick Bay the fuck out and reboot everything. Mark my words, screencap it, whatever. Next film is going to lose so much money it'll have Hasbro nearly cancelling Transformers as a franchise, toys and all.
>>
>>83529380
>Next film will lose money
That's what they said during AoE.

Bay finds a way. He always does.
>>
File: IMG_20160605_223313.jpg (57 KB, 381x500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160605_223313.jpg
57 KB, 381x500
>>83529351
>bond since Brosnan
>prestige
>not a franchise

Kek gb2/tv/ if you're gonna use "kino" bullshit to defend your poor arguments
>>
>>83529541
>/tv/ pretending that James Bond is not a franchise that every fucking director grew up with

you obviously not only know nothing about film, but are completely oblivious to the rest of society. The fact that you're obviously mindblowingly autistic and are posting in a Transformers thread means that you're probably from fucking Allspark.

Go back there, and never come back.
>>
>>83526651
>>83526703
What giant robot genre? Definitely doesn't exist in Western media. TF basically is the current robot genre, it's up to PacRim 2 to save it.
>>
>>83529699

Didn't PR2 get canned months ago?
>>
>>83529627
So I guess that "directors never talk about working in franchises" bs only aplies to whatever franchise you decide counts in favour of your arguments then, good to know I fon't have to waste more time repliying
>>
>>83529746
Nah, Del Toro left the project to Steven S. DeKnight (head writer for Daredevil S1)
>>
>>83529699
Also, the Robotech, Evangelion and Voltron films would need to get out of develpment hell...

Maybe the Lionsgate Poder Rangers may push things a bit.

That or wait for Marvel to make a ShogunWarriors movie for the MCU...
>>
File: 1443421761583.jpg (308 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
1443421761583.jpg
308 KB, 800x585
>>83529965
>Voltron
>with Pacific Rim tier animation

Hopefully Legendary Defender gets well-reviewed. The Power Rangers film looks like pure drek, so if Voltron is seen as too similar, and PR does poorly, it will stay in development hell without the boost from the Netflix series.
>>
>>83529802
>"directors never talk about working in franchises"
you should learn to read before you try using the internet you stupid nigger
>>
File: Apes-Old-Caesar.jpg (214 KB, 1263x850) Image search: [Google]
Apes-Old-Caesar.jpg
214 KB, 1263x850
>>83522344
Yes, the film franchise based on afternoon toy commercial-I mean cartoons will never have the same gravitas and importance to world culture.
>>
>>83528414
This is starting to look like a less-organic version of H.R. Giger art.
>>
>>83530104

It still blows my mind that in this day and age, no one gets that you make a GOOD movie by remaining faithful to the source.
>>
>>83530498
/tv/ will tell you that "movies are different so we need to fuck with everything"

In some cases that works, like Starship Troopers or MASH. In most cases you get shit like Resident Evil.
>>
>>83529965
Shogun Warriors is owned by Mattel and have most contacts with WB
>>
>>83528414
It's tusks look like a wooly mammoth.
>>
>>83531358
new beastformer Megatronous?
>>
File: LovedTenderly.png (233 KB, 289x396) Image search: [Google]
LovedTenderly.png
233 KB, 289x396
>>83532532

Well, if they're gonna sodomize Transformers, they might as well give Beastwars a buggerin' at some point as well.
>>
>>83528414
So they are forgetting about the Galvatron thing?
I guess it makes sense, no reason to call him that considering only that company named it that way.
>>
>>83527385
Yeah, it was entertaining.
But I think the sound design was lacking, there were a lot of unsatisfying sounds, like when Grimlock was biting those red guys, it didn't sound like he was biting a robot, but more like he was biting a can.
>>
its as bad as sharknado- its so bad it's funny to watch
>>
Bay's films are pretty good and the bulk of criticism against them is that they present the viewers with objectionable things (war crimes, racism, objectification of women, stupid assholes) and expect them to think about those topics when all they wanted was to pretend they were six years old again.
>>
>>83526686
1>... The first is one is the only I watched and what I heard about the movies I kept it that way.
>>
File: image.jpg (274 KB, 1280x528) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
274 KB, 1280x528
>>83522344
I still can't get over what they did to Wheeljack.
>>
File: Mirage.jpg (99 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
Mirage.jpg
99 KB, 539x960
>>83533226
I try to pretend Que and Dino were OCs
>>
>>83528379
Why the fuckg is Anthony Hopkins going to be in transformers when he could barely stand being in the Thor movies?
>>
>>83533332
Probably VA work.
>>
>>83528334
He's smiling.
>>
>>83528379
unicorn
>>
>>83526425
>that purple transmetal motherfucker

nostalgia hitting hard
>>
>>83527747
>racism and homophobia

lmao back to tumblr with you
>>
>>83528730
Richie's been doing WHAT?
>>
>>83536243
what he >>83536169 said
>>
File: autism levels.jpg (29 KB, 561x561) Image search: [Google]
autism levels.jpg
29 KB, 561x561
>>83536365
get lost already lassie
>>
>>83536365
Man, which sad artists can you be talking about

Then again most Transformers artists seem like a depressed lot (Being overweight and having facial key) or if you are a writer being thin and European in origin.
>>
>>83536428
You know, that's not half off when you think about it.
>>
>>83536243
You already posted this on /toy/ with the same comment you sperg, are you just looking for reactions at this point?
>>
File: hammerstrike bait.png (81 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
hammerstrike bait.png
81 KB, 600x600
>>83523047
>The franchise was shot to shit when they let James Roberts write.
>>
>>83538273
It wasn't?
>>
>>83538299
It's selling better than any of the other comics right to the point Hasbro won't even touch it to have him force toy sales.
You may not like his writing but he's selling comics which is what he's supposed to do.
>>
>>83526686

1>4(first halfs)>3)>2>4 (ending)
>>
>>83533332
>>83533353

I doubt it.

they wouldn't have announced him this earlier in production, they would have announced him just a few months before the movie comes out in post production.

He's going to be on set.

Though it'd be cool if he had both a live-action and voice role in this.
>>
>>83538273
I didn't enjoy his writing actually, well, mostly his recent stuff. And didn't season 2 suffer from backlash as well?
But he's a nice bloke to talk to at least, a little too meek I think.
>>
File: jamesrobertseverybodylives.gif (1 MB, 271x275) Image search: [Google]
jamesrobertseverybodylives.gif
1 MB, 271x275
>>83538466

I didn't care for issues 41 to 49 excluding the Scavangers 2 parter and the Necrobot issue.

he's not flawless but Season 1 is some of the most solid fiction in the franchise.

he's not perfect, I'm sure their will be a future writer that'll surpass him but for the time being he is the best writer at IDW....well excluding Nick Rpche but Roche isn't part of the consistent main roster and hasn't written an ongoing yet. But Nick has the best track record. as of right now.

I hope he's at TFCon Toronto this year but at this point I doubt it.
>>
>>83526686
1>>3>>trash>>2
haven't seen 4
I really like the first one though
>>
>>83538551
I don't think anybody can actually argue that "Season 1" is bad. Both MTMTE and RiD were at their best during that time, and we got a lot of fresh ideas. There were some canon elements that were fudged that probably shouldn't have been (the revised origin myth, for instance, seemed to be change for the sake of change,) but the actual stories were good. That's what counts.

But that all changed once Roberts discovered Twitter. Even RiD is just kind of meandering around.
>>
>>83538761
>Even RiD is just kind of meandering around.

God RID is awful. Especially All Hail Optimus Prime.
>>
>>83538761
Post CW RID is superior to S1 RID, too bad AHO is mostly foppish.
>>
File: 4379649-0782880684-louie.gif (1 MB, 305x239) Image search: [Google]
4379649-0782880684-louie.gif
1 MB, 305x239
>>83524859
>"By the matrix"
>>
File: CheapKnockOffs.jpg (260 KB, 1911x796) Image search: [Google]
CheapKnockOffs.jpg
260 KB, 1911x796
Bumblebee is the REAL slaughtermelon.
Only in movie 1 did he get tortured by humans, and have his feet blown of by scream.
BBB has basically taken over the murdertorch from prime.
>>
>>83522344
You're acting like the franchise was ever anything more than an afternoon toy commercial. It's like asking if GI Joe or He-man are salvageable.

The answer is "Probably, but is it even worth the effort?" Whatever form the franchise takes, it'll still just be a soulless corporate vehicle for the express purpose of selling plastic.
>>
File: blackpanthWTF.jpg (16 KB, 168x260) Image search: [Google]
blackpanthWTF.jpg
16 KB, 168x260
>>83524859
>furries
>>
>>83539686
*tips fedora*
>>
File: 1448347856141.jpg (27 KB, 213x237) Image search: [Google]
1448347856141.jpg
27 KB, 213x237
>>83539896
Oh wow, you sure told me. My opinion is utterly changed by your razor wit.
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.