[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Insightful look at Southern Bastards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: SB-TRADE-COVERvol1.jpg (238 KB, 584x900) Image search: [Google]
SB-TRADE-COVERvol1.jpg
238 KB, 584x900
Anyone else seen this? Latour tweeted it earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGBREIlHo7c
>>
>>83520863
That was good. As is Southern Bastards.
>>
>>83520863
Insightful? Personally, I think he's just reading too deep into every single detail and making stuff up as he goes. It's easy to find infinite symbols and meanings in everything once you put your mind to it. Nice video still, though.
>>
>>83521311
I dunno, it's not liking he's saying every other detail symbolizes man's relation to God, what he's saying is quite sensible.
But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>83521311

Thing is, it's not like a film where there's just stuff in the background, they have to draw all the bits in. So there must be a reason why they're drawing those bits.
>>
Southern Bastards is a shit series that started out with an excellent arc.
>>
>>83521637
I'm not saying there's no meaning in anything, but I just think he's digging a bit too deep.

Anyway, you think movies don't care what's in the background? And also, I draw comics too, and sometimes I just draw things to fill in the space with whatever feels proper without thinking too much.
>>
>>83521740
>he didn't like the backstory of Coach Boss
I respect your opinion, but you can get the fuck out.
>>
>>83521883
Many analysts would argue that just because the author didn't mean to put any kind of symbolism doesn't mean it's not there. Aristotle wrote a whole book about it, so it's a question that's up there for a long time.

In this case we don't even know if it was intentional or not, but it doesn't dminish it. It's there to generate discussion, not annul it.
>>
>>83521740
Read the first two volumes and loved them

I bought the big read hardcover, no regrets

Should I keep reading and buying?
>>
>>83522992
I'd say so. I'm caught up, and I've enjoyed every issue so far. The characters continue to be interesting, the art is still very moody and fitting, and the setting is unusual and gritty.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.