[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know it's going to suck but there'll be a handful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: league.jpg (40 KB, 600x331) Image search: [Google]
league.jpg
40 KB, 600x331
I know it's going to suck but there'll be a handful of scenes that will be spectacular and I'm betting Snyder's take on Flash's speed will be one of them.
>>
File: Zoom.jpg (160 KB, 500x758) Image search: [Google]
Zoom.jpg
160 KB, 500x758
>>83514147

Here's a question, sort of a thinkpiece:

At what point does an adaptation of the characters cease to be recognizable as an adaptation?

Do the old Barry Allen comics from the 50's really translate to what will appear on screen?

Most of the DCCU seems to favor the definition of an overhauled re-imagining rather than adaptation.
>>
Action sequences will be fantastic, probably.

I'm hoping they nail Darkseid as well, but I doubt it.

That's...about it really.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 640x459) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 640x459
BvS is the best cape movie since TDK.

Also,
>"""""""""critics""""""""""
>>
>>83514147
Honestly I just Aquaman to say "Outrageous"
Play it like that scene in Throne of Atlantis where he says it after getting a shark to eat Black Manta
>>
>>83514711

When you type these things, do you ever feel like a parody of a human being?
>>
>>83515146
>liking force awakens
>>
>>83515135
You're the kind of nimrod that also thinks a music meister episode is a good idea in live action. Stop it.
>>
>>83514711
>BvS is the best cape movie since TDK.
No MOS was a good deal better then BVS.
>>
Nope won't suck.
Mos was incredible and Bvs was damn good.
As long as we get a better editor and no controversial moments like the neck snap/tornado/"martha" that haters can run into the ground everything should work out fine.
>>
>>83515172

You didn't answer my question.
>>
>>83515326
I thought it was rhetorical
>>
>>83514147
I don't feel anything. I think it was Thor 1 that just burned me out and made me realize that these comic book movies aren't made for me. This isn't my world anymore.
>>
>>83514711
You do realize that the Rotten/Fresh percentage has nothing to do with quality, right? It's how many critics thought it was worth watching.
>>
>>83514711
Wow can you even taste anything through all that shit in your mouth?
>>
>>83515303
>As long as we get a better editor and no controversial moments like the neck snap/tornado/"martha" that haters can run into the ground everything should work out fine.
>>
>>83515345

It wasn't.

Does posting a rottentomatoes screencap, proclaiming BvS to be the best since TDK, and greentexting the word critics with several quotation marks ever make you feel like a parody of a person?

Because it feels like every cliche reaction on 4chan I've ever seen.
>>
File: Cao_Cao_over_and_out.gif (2 MB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
Cao_Cao_over_and_out.gif
2 MB, 320x200
>>83515303
>Nope won't suck.
>Mos was incredible and Bvs was damn good.
>>
>>83515453
Parody is just another form of flattery
Human beings as a whole are so cool when you really think about it
>>
>there'll be a handful of scenes that will be spectacular and I'm betting Snyder's take on Flash's speed will be one of them.

Yeah. Too bad I'll never know since I refuse to ever see another movie with Zack Synder's name in the credits ever again. Oh, well.
>>
>>83515303
Is "as long as there aren't any completely retarded scenes for people to complain about it'll be fine" the running gag of the DCEU?
>>
File: I understand 1.png (90 KB, 800x661) Image search: [Google]
I understand 1.png
90 KB, 800x661
>>83515490
>Parody is just another form of flattery
>Human beings as a whole are so cool when you really think about it

That doesn't really follow.
>>
>>83515581
Aren't we all kind of following each other in a way?
Like, from the day we were born we're pretty much following our parents.
And the people we idolize, we try to follow in their footsteps.
Hell there's even a children's game called "follow the leader".
>>
It will look like Sucker Punch-tier shit
>>
>>83515611
You're talking about people who don't think for themselves, and feel the need to follow the same pattern of finishing high school, going to college, getting a degree, getting a job, get married, have kids, and die. People that don't really think about anything else except getting through the next day. The lowest common denominator.
>>
Notice how the OP doesn't give a shit about the characters, only that it's Snyder's interpretation.
>>
>>83515611

That's just non-sequitor.

My point was, don't you feel silly intentionally misrepresenting that rotten tomatoes is an aggregate website, not a consensus?
>>
>>83515515
No none of those were even vaguely retarded.
Clark killing Zod was a phenomenal emotional moment.
The tornado scene was poorly executed (too over dramatic, lingers way too long) but sitll made sense.
And Martha was a perfect jolt to Ben to make him realize how much he overacted to his perception of Clark while actually knowing nothing about him.
>>
>>83515703
Can you really say such things about your fellow man? Clearly you are thinking too pessimistically.
People go to colleges to get a degree in order to pursue their personal passions and it's through the hardship that we become true adults.
In order to do that, we have to follow a person's teachings to learn. There are co-op programs and classes created for the purpose of helping people follow another person's example.
Without following, you're all alone and without a teacher. To lead, you must first follow.
>>
>>83515836
>And Martha was a perfect jolt to Ben to make him realize how much he overacted to his perception of Clark while actually knowing nothing about him.
Doesn't he literally say to supes as he's trying to kill him "your mother would be disappointed at what kind of man you are", or something along those lines.
>>
>>83514640
100% This
>>
>>83514711
>>83515172
Oh I'm sorry, I guess I forgot opinions weren't allowed cunt
>>
>>83515793
You serious?
That's what you take away from this?
Like, every time you see a trailer "boy I sure hope they got their characterization right".
>>
>>83514711
>LALALALAICANTHEARYOU
>>
>>83515840
Hi my name is a good time with the new version is better to be the first half to go back and I don't think that I have a great way of the year and
>>
>>83515829
There are a lot of interpretations of things, I can't always be pinpoint accurate on subjects.
Even though my jokes aren't always good, in spirit I'm just a silly person, but aren't we all, really?
That's a good thing to bring up though, it's like sometimes it's good to be silly, but if you go to far you may hurt somebody's feelings.
>>
>>83515949
That's true, but it's not really nice to say it out loud. Some things are just better off not being said, even if it is the truth.
>>
>>83515836
>Clark killing Zod was a phenomenal emotional moment.
>No Zod please, I don't want to kill you stop please STOP NO WHY LOOK AT YOU MADE ME DO OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DO- Oh hey General, you seem to have lost a satellite there...

>The tornado scene was poorly executed (too over dramatic, lingers way too long) but sitll made sense.
Hahahahahahahaha.

Three years in and people still defend Pa Kent's suicide as good film making. Great Rao.
>>
>>83515303
>As long as we get a better editor and no controversial moments like the neck snap/tornado/"martha" that haters can run into the ground everything should work out fine.
You mean those things we've gotten at least one of each movie thus far? So as long as we don't get any of those this that are a statistical certainty at this point, it should work out all right? Sounds good. As long a the sun dpesn't come up tomorrow I should get a nice break from 100+ degree temperature days. Can't wait since there is as much a chance of that happening as more of the the aforementioned shitstains as well as the instance where a literal jar of piss was used as a significant plot device not being present in JL.
>>
>>83515207
But it would be. Many shows have done a random musical episode, Scrubs and House, off the top of my head.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 400x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 400x491
>>83514711

I honestly can't tell if this is ironic or not
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 225x224
>>83515379
>thought it was worth watching.
>nothing to do with quality
>>
>>83515949
Is this a new pasta? What the fuck?
>>
>>83515885
He said "I bet your parents taught you that you are meant to accomplish big things" but he is still painting him as a Alien with Alien goals. The name "Martha" humanized his parents and Clark himself by default.
>>
>>83515885
>being purposefully obtuse
>>
>>83516698
There's nothing obtuse about it when what he says directly contradicts what happens.
>>83516663
That's a really big reach.
>>
>>83516076
Oh I absolutely agree there needed to be more of a flow into the aftermath but the killing of Zod was still potent regardless.

Wasn't a suicide. It was a sacrifice for his sons life and the lives he would save in the future unless he is prevented from doing so by being discovered too early.
>>
>>83516728
>big reach.
for you
>>
>>83516827
le epic
>>
>>83516663
So if Clark's mom had some foreign but still human name Bruce never heard of he would have died?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.