[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Bendis's Battle of the Atom really as bad as everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: All-New_X-Men_Vol_1_16.jpg (118 KB, 630x960) Image search: [Google]
All-New_X-Men_Vol_1_16.jpg
118 KB, 630x960
Is Bendis's Battle of the Atom really as bad as everyone says it is?
>>
>>83512251
Yeah.
>>
>>83512251
Yeah.
>>
>>83512306
What's so bad about it?
>>
>>83512358
Totally disjointed writing, nonsensical plot about time travel, Bendis retconned part of it not much later. The only good thing was the art, Immonen was great.
>>
>>83512358
Off top of my head, yet another time travel episode, Mystique's son with Wolverine, Mystique's son with Xavier and O5 remaining in current timeline.
Only thing I like is Smugclops at end of story.
>>
>>83512251
It's terrible although I think BotA was actually Aaron's idea that editorial turned into a crossover. As far as X-Men stories of the last decade though it's basically 1a or 1b with Deadly Genesis in terms of the absolute shittiest X-Men stories produced although for different reasons. BotA is completely nonsensical with villains that could've been cool handled in a shitty way and the entire thing seemed to exist just to go "the O5 aren't going back".

Deadly Genesis is basically an insult to pretty much the entirety of the X-Men and really ramped up the whole "Xavier is a dick" thing from a simple "Xavier does the right thing without thinking or consulting" into more "Xavier is an amoral asshole", pointlessly retcons Giant-Size #1, closes off the third Summers brother plot thread in a shittier way than if they just made it Gambit and Vulcan was an awful character who didn't do shit because the Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire is a shitty story (Bru's run sucks if you haven't noticed) and then he's killed off like two years later in War of Kings anyway making the character's entire existence pointless unless you really think needlessly killing off Lilandra and making Gladiator ruler of the Shi'ar was 100% necessary. Also that piece of shit story killed off Banshee who's easily one of my favorite X-Men so fuck it for that too.
>>
>>83512251
Yes, but it's not as bad as the Black Mirror or whatever that shit was called.
>>
>>83512469
>Mystique's son with Wolverine
Raze could be good if written right. He's got a pretty boy look, wears loose fitting flothing with an open shirt like he came from a turn of the millennium R&B music video and the like so just make him a flamboyant, vainglorious adventurer who's looking for money, women and a good time and that's fine. Not "Wolverine's son who hates his dad and that's it".

Kind of like how Daken went from "Wolverine's son who hates his dad and that's it" to an amoral, self-interested hedonist and his character became much improved because of it.
>>
>>83512251
yea
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.