[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06 /05/bleeding-cool-bestse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: Batman Rebirth.jpg (112 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
Batman Rebirth.jpg
112 KB, 600x923
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/05/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-batman-rebirth-wins-the-civil-war/

Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – Batman Rebirth Wins The Civil War
Posted June 5, 2016 by Rich Johnston

This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what are known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait to the weekend to get this week’s comics. We salute you, and the keenness you bring to your passion.

And the launch of Batman Rebirth and its theme of new life beats Civil War II and its theme of big death. All stores below but one reported Batman topping their chart. DC places more books on the list than usual. And Walking Dead is the highest placing title that is not an #1….

1. Batman Rebirth #1
2. Civil War II #1
3. Superman Rebirth #1
4. Green Lanterns Rebirth #1
5. Walking Dead #155
6. Green Arrow Rebirth #1
7. Amazing Spider-Man #13
8. Old Man Logan #7
9. Punisher #2
10. Deadpool #13

Thanks to the following retailers,

Dr. No’s Comics & Games Superstore of Marietta, Georgia
Fat Jack’s Comicrypt of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Rodman Comics of Ankeny, Iowa
Jetpack Comics of Rochester, New York
Graham Crackers Comics – 10 locations in the Mid-West
Yesteryear Comics of San Diego, California
Jesse James Comics of Glendale, Arizona

And this is what they had to say.
>>
>>83512091
"Wow! Civil War II was outsold by BOTH Batman Rebirth and Green Lanterns Rebirth. I did not see that coming at all. Rebirth sold really well for us, and we sold out of both Green Arrow and Superman IN ONE DAY! Hopefully all of these people make their way back….."

"However as well Rebirth did, nothing tops the Walking Dead. It’s the train that keeps on going, and going, and going…."

"Speaking of Rebirth, those Rebirth variants are going for crazy money online right now. Some are going for upwards of $20! We’re also selling through the first printings of DC Universe Rebirth like mad, and there’s a high demand for the FCBD Civil War II issue as well."

"Rebirth is a hit! Civil Wars is doing well. Hoping it will take off like Secret Wars did. Strong sales."
>>
>>83512113
"Harley Quinn is in demand!"

"Safe bet that no one is complaining this week across the nation. Huge turn out for Rebirth issues across the board with only Green Arrow selling out completely so far, but i am running on fumes with the rest.Civil War #1 put up a good fight but the power of the “Bat” was too much and took the top spot. the best thing about the week was all the new faces that came in."

"Justice League was the back-issue mover with all the Darkseid War issue’s and with #50 killing it on Ebay. Should be the book to pay the rent for the next few months unless i sell out quicker than 25-30 copies a day."

"DC kills it as REBIRTH mania grips customers far and wide. Unfortunately the demand is so high that there’s a good mix of speculators in there trying to snatch up as many copies as possible to flip."

"Last weeks DCU Rebirth #1 even hit #11 on our charts as more and more people request it."
>>
>>83512091
>Bleeding Cool sucks.
>>
>>83512140
"They all want CAPTAIN AMERICA #1 due to the controversy. Had a guy in that last came in to buy a comic when AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #36 (Twin Towers) comic came out. Zero interest in reading anything – just wanted to get ‘the comic where Caps a Nazi’."

"Who would have believe that the first issue of a major event series like Civil War II would be pushed back to fifth place in our store by four DC Rebirth relaunches? Kudos to DC for bringing lapsed readers back in droves–not only did they take the first four spots in our store this week, but the first issues of all four Rebirth titles surpassed the first-day sales of the first issues of their New 52 versions by 25% to 50%. It’s an incredible resurrection, and a testimonial to the strength of Geoff Johns’ vision. (Interestingly enough, DC Universe: Rebirth #1 took twelfth place in our store this week–pretty impressive for a week-old title!)"

"Suddenly everyone loves Before Watchmen, and the hunt is on for back issues–particularly Dr. Manhattan."

"Reboot, Rebirth…Who Cares Great week all around. Comic book fans are Happy and that makes us Happy."
>>
Before we start this again, the reason i want civil war 2 to lose is no because i support DC more than marvel, but because if marvel executives realize how shit Bendis/constant events/ relaunches are maybe they can change things for good.
>>
This won't hold up in the Diamond sales (Batman probably does 200k if it's lucky and CW2 will do like 400k+ with all the variants), but at least it means readers aren't as stupid as I thought.
>>
>>83512091
How well did new 52 do when it came out?
>>
>>83512253
Impossible, they want a wider audience now that they have good cash with the movies, that means more controversial shit and more "minorities" pandering, and by that i mean turning a known character black or making him gay instead of creating a new character and actually making a good story based on his situation as a minority.
>>
>>83512336
Aquaman outsold most of Marvel books for a while.
>>
>>83512336
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2011/2011-09.html
>>
>>83512336
new 52 saved the comics industry
>>
>>83512253
I think that too. CW2 seems like the work of a company coasting on its easy success too long.
>>
>>83512366
I didnt mention anything about minorities, have in mind that marvel right now can deliver good stories with recently created characters like

>new avengers with power man and white tiger in new avengers
>Kamala
>the new giant man in Spencer ant-man

These are the Examples i could remember still, my point is that marvel should focus is better stories than gimmick like relaunching every year.
>>
>>83512336
It caused DC to sell more than Marvel for a little while.
>>
>>83512091
>Green Arrow the lowest
huh.
>>
>>83512168
>"They all want CAPTAIN AMERICA #1 due to the controversy. Had a guy in that last came in to buy a comic when AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #36 (Twin Towers) comic came out. Zero interest in reading anything – just wanted to get ‘the comic where Caps a Nazi’."

So these are the fuckers that make marvel keep doing things that fans angry
>>
>>83512113
>those Rebirth variants are going for crazy money online right now

Can confirm, I reserved the WW Variant in my store just in case. Some dude already sold his Batman variant in my FB Group for $20. For a non-Incentive Variant that's pretty high.
>>
>>83512637
GL is still the stronger brand and coasting off of Johns even if the actual characters are new and they've been shit for a while.
>>
>>83512563
The constant relaunches are so bullshit anyway. There's no justification for it beyond #1 sales being double or triple normal issues sales so it's an easy cash grab. But the monthlies at #2 snap right back to where they were before the relaunch anyway. Any claim that it makes things easier for new readers is easily debunked by that fact.

>>83512637
Note that it's a very small number of stores being cited here. But even if it's last behind the others in the Diamond numbers, Percy said they were above 90k. Not bad either way.
>>
>>83512637
It's kind of inevitable with different stores having different customers. One tweeter reported that GA Rebirth sold better at his store compared to CW2 while another in >>83512168 said Rebirth took four spots before CW2. >>83512113 has someone saying that CW2 is doing well for them though.
>>
Isn't this a small sample size, rather than something with actually reach (a la Diamond)?
>>
>>83512710
ah, hopefully it does good. Percy running with a proper editor seems to be doing good. And I'd love to hear his sexy voice in DC All Access again.
>>
>>83512752
Diamond is preorders though, which kind of requires following months of charts to figure out how well something's doing.
>>
>>83512752
Yes, but it's the only sell through data we have
>>
File: ozzy.png (115 KB, 250x331) Image search: [Google]
ozzy.png
115 KB, 250x331
wait for Diamond's numbers
>>
>>83512091
But Captain Nazi was on all the talk shows & trended on twitter!
>>
>>83512752
Yes but it's all we have for another like six weeks

And we'll see in a few days the rankings for Cap, DCU Rebirth, and CW2 #0
>>
>>83512752
Yeah but it's still interesting to talk about the anecdotal stuff sometimes until we get more information.

The official May top 10 should be out this week so we can see how the big Rebirth one-shot did.
>>
>>83512807
For how long ?
>>
>>83512140
>"Harley Quinn is in demand!"
Egh
>>
>>83512815
That was May, OP's list is June.
>>
>>83512894
Rebirth did beat Cap 1 in the last week's list from BC though.
>>
>>83512830
>And we'll see in a few days the rankings for Cap, DCU Rebirth, and CW2 #0

CW2 was out in June, though. We won't see it or the Superman Rebirth, Batman Rebirth, etc issues on the May charts.

Cap and DCU Rebirth will definitely be on there though.
>>
>>83512815
It's still sort of in demand if today's BC article is any indication, there was that one retailer who mentioned how a customer he hadn't seen since the 9/11 Spider-Man issue was out went in only to buy the Captain America issue and doesn't read anything else (and probably doesn't have plans to buy the rest of the comics).
>>
>>83512985
CW2 #0 was a May book, #1 was June
>>
>>83512985
Civil War 2 #0 came out May 18th.
>>
>>83512985
Oh wait, shit. I forgot CW2 #0 was out in May.
>>
>>83513037
>>83513041
Yeah I just remembered that after posting. I kept thinking there was only the FCBD issue and forgot there was an actual #0 issue.
>>
>>83513159
I don't know why they thought it needed two prequels. Just have one of them be the #1, you know?
>>
>bleedingcool
>>
>>83513191
Maybe he forgot to write the Thanos fight for #1 and needed to FCBD to fill it?
>>
>>83513191
FCBD is just to be given to readers for free so they can get hype and #0 is basically a #1 before #1 and they probably assume it'll sell as good or better than a #1

Except the FCBD issue sucked horribly and #0 is bland
>>
>>83513483
I think having it as a #0 probably made people feel it was skippable. I don't see it doing as good as #1 will.
>>
I find it hilarious that DCfags have posted this shit 2 weeks in a row which are the only two weeks retailers weren't bad mouthin DC
>>
>>83513761
>Bleeding Cool posts negative story of DC
>They are stupid, why would you believe Rich Johnson and his lies?

>Bleeding Cool posts positive story of DC
>Wow guys check this out doesn't Marvel suck?
>>
File: 1453432886251.png (169 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1453432886251.png
169 KB, 679x864
>>83513207
>>83513761
>>
>>83512091
>sales from a handful of stores over a period of two days
I can understand the facination with monthly sales, but I don't see the point of this.
>>
>>83513911
We want CW2 to fail and we hate marvel right now
>>
>>83514048
Even people who like Marvel should want CW2 to fail. The constant event cycle along with synergy shit needs to end and this would kill two birds with one stone.
>>
>>83512882
Harley Quinn was a mistake.

-Paul Dini
>>
>>83514195
Go watch his interview on Fatman on Batman. He loves it. You cum drinking waifufags are the only ones who have a problem with Harley's popularity.
>>
>>83514325
I don't have a problem with Harley being popular. I have a problem with the horribly written, Avril Lavigne looking skank with Harley's name being popular.
>>
>>83514467
It's the same character bud. Dini helped write Arkham Asylum Harley which is where it all started.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.