[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly is this guy's powers??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Oscar_Isaac_Apocalypse.jpg (15 KB, 435x228) Image search: [Google]
Oscar_Isaac_Apocalypse.jpg
15 KB, 435x228
What exactly is this guy's powers??
>>
>>83504591
Taking the powers of other mutants by taking their bodies, and doing this multiple times he keeps the powers from his previous form.

From what I can recall he had extreme healing, could turn things into sand, control over sand and could improve other people's abilities.
>>
>>83504591
Getting beat by newfag heroes.
>>
>>83504636
What if he Bodyjacked Rogue?
>>
>>83504591
What he displayed in the movies:
>Body swapping
Aided with advanced technology he had in his pyramid, solar based. Allows to take over new bodies, carrying all the abilities he accumulated across lifetimes to new ones
>Unlocking full potential/Amplyfying mutant abilities, along with Extreme Makeover of outfits, hair, and bodypaint of his chosen "Horsemen"
>Control of inorganic matter
Sand used to decapitate, turning Caliban's gun to dust, creating Magneto's helmet from dust, building pyramids
>Mass teleportation field
Crating energy shield around himself that allows him to transport across vast distances along with all other people within it
>Extremely fast regeneration
Ability he gained from Egyptian Oscar Isaac, his current body that he took over at the beginning of the movie, allows to regenerate from physical injuries at extreme rate, maybe even faster than Wolverine or Sabertooth
>>
>>83504685
At least he didn't resurfaced 20 years earlier to bodyjack Shaw.
>>
>>83504712
>Aided with advanced technology he had in his pyramid
If it was his mutant power then why did he need alien technology?
>>
>>83505536
We don't know if he built it or ayy's built it.
>>
>>83504591
Jobbing
>>
Essentially, Apocalypse's only power is the ability to manipulate his own molecules. But he uses this ability to gain even more abilities. He manipulates his body so he is immortal, he manipulates his genetics so he can gain the mutant power of telepathy, he manipulates his body structure to become a helicopter, so on and so forth. Honestly, it SHOULD be one of the most powerful abilities in Marvel, yet comics fail to show the capabilities he has. Instead, they just only show him with super strength and regeneration, when really they should be showing him turning into a fucking winged dinosaur demon with the ability to shoot doom lasers out of his eyes and give people aneurysms just by being near them.
>>
>>83505694
>Honestly, it SHOULD be one of the most powerful abilities in Marvel, yet comics fail to show the capabilities he has
If he was hero/protagonist of book that isn't cancelled after five issues, we'd see it properly.
>>
>>83504591
Why did he awaken in this timeline and not the original timeline?
>>
>>83505694
>they should be showing him turning into a fucking winged dinosaur demon with the ability to shoot doom lasers out of his eyes and give people aneurysms just by being near them.

kek
>>
>>83505720
Mutant X had a heroic apocalypse...but the Goblin Queen killed him....Kind of miss mutan t x
>>
>>83505725
Well, before the movie was released, Singer or whoever said that the time fucking the X-men did woke him up (which honestly, would be REALLY cool, but it'd show Apocalypse as being a sort of meta-being, a person who can feel the affects to the universe, displaying just how powerful he is), but in the movie, they never mention the time fuckery so it's not explained.
>>
>>83505758
Well that would explain his weird as reaction to seeing Phoenix. It begins or I see the answer now? What'd he say? It was weird and out of place but had they kept he understands the universe angle it would have been something.
>>
>>83505742
Not that, I meant more... you know, writers have protagonists use their powers in interesting way. Bad guys? Pew pew, throw car and call it a day.
>>
Hammy over the top speech
>>
>>83505843
I see what you mean. Probably why I do enjoy things like the old suicide squad and the original thunderbolts...
>>
>>83504591
Being everyone's father
>my child
>my child
>my child
>>
>>83505725
Past timeline he was buried under the earth and sleeping eternally.

This timeline he gets woken up by Moira's exploits in Cairo.

I can only assume the DOFP timeline change was instead of being let go/quitting her CIA job, Settling down with a guy and moving to Ireland (its the only way to explain the accent change) and shift her career towards being a Doctor

She found a new job investigating mutant but lost the husband due to being too committed to her work.
>>
>>83506011
Why did they shoot for that in the movie? It never once said he created mutants, he's just the first.
>>
>>83504650
>the actual cosmic phoenix is a newfag hero
Nice try musketeer. Btw the comic book version already jobbed to the new x-men several times, so jobbing to newfags its actually part of his character.
>>
>>83506140
He believes he was a god. He is a Jesus Christ gone wrong.
>>
No offense to disabled people out there, but why would Apocalypse want to possess someone without the use of his legs?
>>
>>83507109
He keeps all his previous powers when he possesses a new body. He'd be able to heal his legs after possessing Xavier.
>>
being costume designer
>>
>Magneto working for the guy who probably enslaved the Jews in Exodus
>>
>>83504591
His power equals that of the scottish lion trap.
>>
>>83505694
So you're telling me that Apocalypse is basically Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.