[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-men 92
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 311x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 311x473
Is this any good /co/? Or is it a nostalgic cash cow by Marvel because they know the modern X-books are completely unrecognisable now?
>>
Decent but suffers a great deal from cameo-overload (most recent two-parter had the cast of fucking X-Statixs running around as junior X-Men).

Also, missing Cyclops because Sims has a hard-on hatred of him, even in his non-asshole form.
>>
>>83501525
>LIsting X-statix cameo as a con

Fuck the things I would do for more X-statix...
>>
>>83501433
It's alright but it's without question the best X-book out right now.
>>
>>83501554
They are portrayed as full-on pod people in the book; generic young mutants and worse, in the way they are saddled with ugly as sin Gen X team costumes.
>>
>>83501433
It's pretty bad so far. Frankly, I don't think they're pushing the nostalgia right, they're going with campy FOX cartoon X-Men meets modern villians, what they should be doing is going straight to the early '90s comics to source their ideas. Now that would be nostalgic.
>>
>>83501433
Nostalgic fanwank. X-fags are THAT desperate.
>>
>>83501433

Its not good at all, it plays like a parody of X-men first and a continuation of the cartoon later.

Like for some reason the whole thing is goofy as fuck and way too comedic compared to the old cartoon.

its like the writter thinks that it should be bad on purpose
>>
>>83501433

>trying to capture the charm of the cartoon in medium without voice acting

This project was doomed before it began.
>>
File: 92Xmen_1457031340290-halved.jpg (103 KB, 450x442) Image search: [Google]
92Xmen_1457031340290-halved.jpg
103 KB, 450x442
>>83501687
Are you fucking kidding me? It's been BendisBashers like you that for years now wouldn't let up about how much better the '90s X-Men were and how much better things would be if Marvel corporate just shunted every X-Man into some simplistic worldview universe where they're the only superheroes that exist and where there's been no character development since Gambit's first day.
This comic is exactly what X-thread trolls on /co/ have been demanding to jerk off to for all this time. And now you have it.
AREN'T YOU SATISFIED AT ALL?
>>
>>83501687
Let's not act like nostalgic fanwank isn't exactly what x-fags want.
>>
>>83501882
It all falls apart when you get writer whose main claim to fame is "lol, Cyclops is shit character". CA clique is strong, indeed.
>>83501892
Oh, yes. They always want change BUT NOT TOO MUCH CHANGE AND HEROES I SHIP ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE CHILDREN!11!
>>
WAIT. Does this take place after the TAS last episode? Does Xavier come back from space?
>>
File: MAY160886.jpg (54 KB, 450x675) Image search: [Google]
MAY160886.jpg
54 KB, 450x675
>>83502005
>It all falls apart when you get writer whose main claim to fame is "lol, Cyclops is shit character".
>Writers who love Cyclops make him lead the X-Men at the expense of everything else, until all of his friends hate him, he goes insane, and gets himself killed. Twice.

>Writer who hates Cyclops has him go on a vacation with the woman he loves instead of bending over backwards for people who treat him like shit for doing his job

Explain this.
>>
>>83501433
digital print version when?
>>
>>83502287
It seems to be contradicting the final episodes.
>>
>>83501525
Cyclops just came back or is coming back for a Sinister arc, bro.
>>
Tried reading the series during Secret Wars - as a lifelong X-Men fan who came of age in the 90s, and owns a complete run of every X comic from DoFP till Bendis, I have to say, it was pretty trash.

Good ideas ruined by shit art and a writer who couldn't really grasp the digital format.
>>
>>83501707
This is the same impression I got too
>>
>>83503744
But the work of the ongoing's main artist is cartoonish enough.
>>
>>83501668
Ya, the 90s cartoon actually tried to take itself seriously, but it was, well, a kids cartoon. This comic really isn't getting what people loved about that show, or 90s X-Men in general. They should have just done it straight. I dropped this comic once I saw what it was actually doing, and I was so hyped for it before, too.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.