[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Megaman 2017 and Dentsu Ent.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: CjZE9DHUoAETW9O.jpg_large.jpg (110 KB, 1024x1466) Image search: [Google]
CjZE9DHUoAETW9O.jpg_large.jpg
110 KB, 1024x1466
So, what does /co/ think that the new Mega Man cartoon will be like?
I've come up with the idea that it's made primarily for one thing: Merchandising.

Also, what do you guys think of Dentsu Entertainment, the studio that's animating this new cartoon?
Honestly, I've been trying to look into what they've animated before. Their site says they've only created Monsuno, which after looking into an episode, it has really.... really bad animation. Lip syncing seems like it tried to put in more effort than the "traditional japanese anime" style of using three or less mouth frames when the characters talked, which just looked bizarre.
Looking at their newsletters, they say they've localized Yo-Kai watch, and LBX. What they say about Yokai and LBX seems odd, that they go out of the way to add in the detail that those shows sold a bunch of toys.
>"both highly successful animation,
video game and toy franchises" (referring to Yokai and LBX)
Dentsu also says stuff about how MegaMan sold toys and comics,
>"as well as a plethora of toys, comics and collectibles"
...But why? Why did Dentsu really think it was a priority to say that Megaman sold toys?

Another thing I've noticed is how Dentsu needs to shove the fact that there'll be Rush and this Mega Mini character.
>Cute robo dog
If anything sells, wouldn't it be an animal dog, that can sell potential plushies and the like?
>Mini Mega, tiny flying guy
Kinda stumped, but I'm thinking that there'll be a "replica" type of toy, that kids can like, make fly and stuff with a remote controller or iphone app

A quick skim over at Wikipedia says that Dentsu works a bunch into Advertising and marketing.

It's already apparent that their priorities are stuck on marketing and toys.
>>
desu i wouldn't mind it if this cartoon turns out to be little more than a 30 minute toy commercial as long as they launch a "Classic/Retro Mega Man" line or whatever aimed at people my age like several other rebooted franchises have done lately
>>
>>83496721
Dentsu owns Sunrise. 'nuff said.
>>
>>83496721
>I've come up with the idea that it's made primarily for one thing: Merchandising.

holy shit stop the presses. this anon has uncovered a major conspiracy we need to tell the people!
>>
>>83496721
Cartoons main job isn't to put on a good show, it's to showcase new toys and advertise those toys. Heman, Ninja Turtles, all cartoons made for children that are action based are made to sell toys. It's only after the wide success of certain shows that they make enough money on other toy commercials. Now you are seeing a return of this, Ninja turtles soul purpose is to sell its toys. Sure the show can be entertaining but they have to Sell Sell Sell, like how Mikey always names a villian, it's so kids can tell mommy and daddy which toy to buy.
>>
File: CjZWbydUgAAFOrN.jpg (35 KB, 531x531) Image search: [Google]
CjZWbydUgAAFOrN.jpg
35 KB, 531x531
>>83496721
Something like this.
>>
File: Looking good.jpg (20 KB, 457x457) Image search: [Google]
Looking good.jpg
20 KB, 457x457
>>83504429
or this
>>
>>83501883
Oh, goddamnit it's the 80's again. Though that would explain all the 80's franchises coming back from the grave.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.