[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk bout eps. where the moral is to get a job. Just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (25 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
25 KB, 500x374
Let's talk bout eps. where the moral is to get a job.

Just flutter away your opinions, don't be shy
>>
fuck you man
>>
epic as fuck lmao
>>
And Now we wait...
>>
>>83496054

summoning barneyfag

Considering that /co/ gave us pinecest and Elsanna, there's really no reason for global rule 15 anymore.
>>
>>83496054
>Flutter
>Shy

OP, are you calling me a insecure fairy?!
>>
>>83496157
>>83496194
Speak of the devil
>>
>>83496054
Meh. The folks who would benefit most from getting a job have usually fucked up their resume to the point that it's damn unlikely they could find a job that would make them feel accomplished at the end of the day.

Going from depressed and housebound to depressed and working at Walmart only pays the bills a little more comfortably. You still want to shoot yourself every morning.

I mean, shit, surviving ain't enough. Everyone wants to feel valuable, important, and worth the energy put into them. Minimum wage jobs don't offer any of those sensations, because simply put, they're *not* important or vital in any fashion, and usually aren't even useful to the continued functioning of society.
>>
File: What did I tell you.png (18 KB, 125x121) Image search: [Google]
What did I tell you.png
18 KB, 125x121
I don't know what's going on, but here's this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwI2DTiVSJ0
>>
>>83496054
If I knew that guy IRL I'd have bitch slapped the shit out of him.
>>
This thread is the worst pony!
>>
>get job
>they refuse to give you full time
>Its federal minimum wage
>not even a fourth enough money to pay for rent and food
>get another job
>same deal
>get ANOTHER job
>Working three fucking jobs for 60 hours a week of work
>its still not fucking enough to live on

Living the american dream
>>
The episode of Mission Hill where Andy lives off unemployment is great
>>
>>83496316
For realsies?
>>
>>83496054
I'm behind on the show, was the latest episode about her getting a job or something?
>>
>>83496543
You'd think you'd learn your lesson the first time.
>>
That show is way better produced than all the lolrandomemeshows you like /co/
>>
>>83497375
it's pandering waifu garbage and has been past the very first few episodes

don't even try to kid yourself
>>
>>83497418

so basically a western /a/
>>
>>83497157
It was about her freeloading brother
>>
>>83497517
Wow, if they're finally showing HER relatives, then I really need to catch up.
>>
>>83497596

he has the hots for multicolorspeed
>>
>>83497704
Sounds like an interesting character. Been putting off catching up, but when I finally get the chance, I think I'll make it a higher priority now.
>>
>>83497704
>>83498123
>>83498704
>>83498999

samefag
>>
>>83499337
nice job in paint
>>
>>83499337
>>83499362
Why do people even post screen shots anymore? Nearly every thread on /co/ has someone claim multiple posts are from the same person, prompting a screenshot to prove otherwise, prompting the "nice use of 6000 hours in Paint" counter. Do people just not realize that this counter will be used every single time a screenshot is posted for any reason? Is it just good form to at least make this token attempt to try to prove yourself as not samefagging?
>>
>>83496054
I'm about to quit my job to become a house husband and take care of the house and focus on my computer stuff
>>
TFW you are dying of student loans.
>>
File: 1460310547101.jpg (44 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1460310547101.jpg
44 KB, 512x384
>>83500853
>he didn't go to trade school
>>
When I have a JOB that needs doing I call someone who's JOB it is to do that JOB!
>>
>>83500895
I.....I.......wanted to be a forensic scientist.
>>
>>83499679
read that as "horse husband"
>>
File: CYdSn6_UMAAmUis.jpg (23 KB, 480x424) Image search: [Google]
CYdSn6_UMAAmUis.jpg
23 KB, 480x424
>it's a Barneyfag episode
>>
File: 1464559800108.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1464559800108.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>want to be a cartoonist for a living but know I need to pay the bills
>get a job at a call center
>miserable but it pays my needs

>barely any time to make comics and cartoons that you need to make to get a portfolio to get a job making cartoons or comics

The only good thing is since it's at a desk I can ink comics one stroke at a time while I do calls. I can't pencil, though.

It's just depressing, because you hear all the time animation used to be a job fucking anyone off the street could get snd it'd be shit menial wage but you'd get a foot in the door and actually be making stuff, or how comics was something you could realistically make a living on to feed a family if you did enough of them. Now it's only cream of the crop computer kids getting any work, or people with paid college connections. And the entitlement those people have thst amounts to basically not wanting to work as hard as everyone else is staggering when their job is literally to do whatever the hell they want.

Real life is tough.
>>
>>83496894
and then he gets a job through nepotism over other people who are far more qualified
>>
>>83501637
don't worry about it, your comics would have sucked anyway
>>
>>83496054
Literally fuck off, you tremendous winged faggot.

Love, /mlp/.
>>
>>83496054
What is the show that everyone hates and at the same time knows all obscure information about it
>>
>>83496543
try applying to like 4 different places multiple times and not getting a god damn response.

Yo I finally decide to not be a complete loser and the rest of the world doesn't want me. Good motivator
>>
>>83504888
Global Rule 15 will answer that for you
>>
>>83504888
pretty sure there was a G3 episode where one of the characters was bored with her purpose and tried to find something new.
Of course the great writing nullifies any charater developement.
>>
I wonder how long it will take (if it ever happens) for /co/ to be able to discuss that show without everyone from both sides having an autistic fit to end all autistic fits...

>>83496287
that was actually a pretty neat watch.
>>
File: 2d7.gif (496 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
2d7.gif
496 KB, 500x385
>>83498704

>neet
>douchebag
>wants to cum inside rainbow dash
>>
>>83496054
Jesus man, you had the chance of making it subtle.
>>
>>83499679
I want your life
>>
>>83508028
Meanwhile in /mlp/ nobody cares. The only people who come to /co/ to shitpost are trying to start something and the people in /mlp/ are just enjoying themselves.
>>
>>83508118
Absolutely, but it's also someone very unlike the other characters in the series, which is something I would be interested in seeing. Plus, main character's relative.
>>
>>83496267
>they're *not* important or vital in any fashion, and usually aren't even useful to the continued functioning of society
Is this bait? Capitalism literally needs low-wage grunts that do the dirty work and live in poverty in order to keep the economy circulating. Why do you think the middle class is shrinking
I swear I don't intend to derail this thread
>>
Got myself a job in customer support. All the years of trolling on 4chan has finally come to good use.
>>
>>83496054
Shit, that was yesterday's episode? Still haven't seen last week's yet.
>>
>>83496054
nah
>>
File: korra ok.jpg (371 KB, 540x778) Image search: [Google]
korra ok.jpg
371 KB, 540x778
>>83496054
>>
>>83501637
Same situation. It's really hard and you gotta use online models like Patreon to maybe have a chance at making a living.

Keep your day job.
>>
So, why don't YOU get a job?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxSEW3sUitA
>>
I don't have a job because I have a useless BA in English and no skills outside of reading and writing. I don't want something like a retail job because the depression would push me into really bad places and my mental health is too important for that. I'm too anxious and math-stupid to be able to do a retail job to begin with. I have never had any idea what I wanted to do and there's nothing I can put on a resume to start with. What the fuck do I do? Everyone in my life is through with me because I'm unemployed.
>>
>>83515863
> Job hunting almost made me kill myself
> Now I only keep going thanks to medicines
> All I have left is the dream but I'm slowly growing disillusioned
> I'm afraid I'm only delaying the inevitable
>>
>>83516521
At least you have a dream. Never let it out of your sight.
>>
>>83516757
It's hard to keep things in sight when you can't think clearly. But you're right, better than nothing.
>>
>>83515863
Volunteer and throw it on your resume. Take risks with steady income jobs, and if you don't like them- get help via employee assistance programs.
>>
>>83516891
Good ideas. Heard it all before, but anxiety's a hell of a drug.
>>
>>83510491
they might mean not important/vital as in anyone can do the work and youre easily replaceable.
>>
>>83515863
did you copy paste this from a tumblr post? go ahead and kill yourself at any time
>>
>>83517219
people on tumblr don't want help getting jobs, they want to beg and plead and manipulate their followers into giving them money so they don't have to
"I'm black so you have to give me money"
"I cut my dick off so you have to give me money"
>>
>>83517972
To be fair that isn't a thing exclusive to Tumblr. Since forever people have tried to get paid for doing nothing. Like, remember that guy who burned the books he made through Kickstarter and insisted on people paying for his shit without expecting anything in return?
It's all about how upfront about it one is
>>
File: 1450737834369.jpg (28 KB, 480x851) Image search: [Google]
1450737834369.jpg
28 KB, 480x851
>>83515863

As a guy who was in your place before:

You have to get over stuff like "too anxious" and "math-stupid" and "muh depression." It's not that those things don't matter but unless you're hoping to go full welfarebux they're things you can deal with.

Why anxiety? Every retail situation can be as robotic as you want. Read from a script, perform your task, if anything unusual happens ask supervisor for help.

Math-stupid? It's all basic addition and subtraction and a machine will help you.

Depression sucks but a dependable income helps with that. And when I was at that point where even close family were sick of my being unemployed NOTHING felt better than getting back to work. NOTHING. My dad is the nicest, most supportive guy in the world and the shame I felt meeting up with him every week to hang out or have lunch was hell. And it was well deserved shame, I was just a lazy fucking neet retard.

>in b4 "No see, my depression and anxiety is SUPER serious"

I dunno what to tell you dude, you either tough it out, get help and pills or whatever or say fuck it and start lying on the internet for donations or see if you can convince the government to pay you to live.

My current job is working at a nicer kitchen and pays a nice bit above min wage. There are periods of hard work but overall it's blindingly easy to do. The first day I got it? I broke down and called my dad for support from the bathroom on my break. Stuck with it, pretty happy these days.

Hang in there bro, but face those feels. They're beatable.
>>
>>83518344
How did you end up working at a kitchen? How did you know what to apply for?
>>
>>83518639

Family friend told me, they work at the same place. It's an odd kitchen compared to the usual because it is for a retirement community. So we work hard to prepare buffet lines but aside from 2-3 hour stretches things are pretty tame. Have your work done ahead of time, nobody cares how you do it.

You might think I had a connection that got me in, but the kitchen sees a high flow of staff, especially for the dishwashing part. We've had a lot of randoms come and go. I stick with it because of the above average pay and benefits and because the discipline of work helps my depression a lot.

I also had a rare moment of clarity when being interviewed. They wanted a guy who would help stock the fridge after delivery truck arrives. I seemed smart enough and spoke fluent English so I upped my starting pay by taking on an extra responsibility, which frees me from kitchen duties for that day anyway.

I've also made a point to help with a lot of other things and am trying to get accepted as a cook, even if part time. I've seen other people come and go and get promoted. It is a bit of an uphill battle because of my own anxiety and lack of social ability, but the chef likes me personally because of my reliability and I earned that by just being dependable.

Again, you might think "I need a connection!" to get a job but I've been the guy who keeps coming in every day after a dozen or so random guys survive the interview process and after a month decide that working isn't for them or something. We've fired guys for just leaving for the day mid shift and trying to come back the next day like normal.

Jobs exist and I've had several easy retail jobs before but I've walked out on a few myself for similar immature reasons and wanting to "take it easy." I don't recommend a conventional kitchen job(harder, higher stress, longer hours, worse pay, etc) but gems like mine exist and retail is pretty easy all things considered.
>>
File: 1399598433912.png (56 KB, 201x198) Image search: [Google]
1399598433912.png
56 KB, 201x198
>dumb, don't have any skills, no college education
>have a bum knee due to a tumor so I can't do hard manual labor
What do I do?
>>
>>83520423
>no college education
Don't sweat that, it doesn't mean anything anymore.
>>
>>83496894
The part where his tooth fell out seriously fucked with me, though.
>>
>>83501978
just like real life
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.