[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this allowed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>83495551
Does it matter? Do you have a reason to care?
>>
>>83495551
They probably paid her like shit and she gobbled it up
>>
Let it go. Not everything is for you. Like kids have their fun little slice of life comics
>>
>>83495629
I think what OP is complaining about is the whole bi bit.
>>
>>83495804
It's actually the cringe dialogue and the shitty tumblr amerimanga artstyle. Also the SJW propaganda.
>>
>>83495804
If there's anything worth complaining about, it's the objectively terrible art - especially for a comic under a professional publisher.
>>
>>83495551
how much do they sell this shit?
Anything over $2 is insane.
>>
It's all rather loathsome.
>>
>>83495941
Wait, I thought this was a fan webcomic. I refuse to believe this is professionally done.
>>
Because you're a bad person and deserve nothing of quality.
>>
>>83495551
It was greenlit for the nonexistent SJW demographic.
>>
>>83496089
Well, "professionally done" might be giving it too much credit, but yes it is a real comic that is sold in real comic book shops. Marvel OK'd this.
>>
>>83495907
Eh, my only real issue is the fucking timing of it.
>Yeah take that!

>By the way it's objectively wrong for you to assume that I was in love with her.

I fucking hate it when that shit happens, I can not see anyone logically saying that then.
>>
>>83496382
>logical
>sjw shit

i see your mistake
>>
File: 1450017099550.png (471 KB, 941x1218) Image search: [Google]
1450017099550.png
471 KB, 941x1218
>>83495907
>It's actually the cringe dialogue
The whole series is like that, why are you, assuming you're OP, complaining about this one case? Or rather, why are you taking random pages off of instagram and complaining about it here?
>shitty tumblr amerimanga artstyle
Guest artist, but even then, the whole series is in what you'd probably call "shity tumblr amerimanga artstyle", so, again, why are you suddenly complaining about it now?
Do you even give a shit about this series? If you do, then you'd be used to this writing, and you could brush off one fucking guest artist. If you don't, read a different book, and don't give this one the time of day.
>>
>>83496230
>the lack of background in multiple panels
>the horrible linework
>the MS Paint bucketfill coloring
>the artstyle of someone who is trying to ape an anime they saw once

You've got to be shitting me
>>
>>83495551

People who defend this would say shitty cartoons are for kids. It doesn't excuse that shit being sold for actual money. Just wait until more comics become like this. Then what?
>>
>>83496830
I wish I was. I really really do. I have no love for Hellcat or her series, I have no feelings one way or the other for her character, really, but even knowing next to nothing about her - I know she deserves better than this.
>>
>>83495611
It's blatant SJW pandering bullshit and has to be stopped. Why is this shit allowed?

We should seriously try to get an organization in place whose job it is to police these degenerate comics and stop this rampant pandering.
>>
>>83496700
>if you just ignore it then it'll go away!
No fuck you if we just "ignore it" then it'll continue taking over the industry until there isn't a single comic left that ordinary straight white men (i.e. non-cucks and nu-males) can enjoy.
>>
>>83497031
>Then what?
Then I'll continue not buying them? It doesn't really matter if there's one comic like this or one hundred. Either way it doesn't affect me and I don't see why it would affect you.
>>
>>83497546
Oh yeah. Just like happened with video games.
>>
>>83495551
Shooter would have fucking strangled someone for even trying to send this shit up to editorial

Current Marvel is a mistake.
>>
>>83495551
>That art
>That dialog
>This is a professionally done comic marketed at people older than 10
>People were paid to produce this
Fucking kek, I can't wait to see shit like this become the target of Cracked articles 20 years from now.

>6 Shocking Entries From Marvel's Secretly Sexist Dark Age
>Remember when every female Marvel hero who wasn't Spider-Gwen, Gwenpool, or Silk was relegated to socio-political moral of the day stories that had all the subtlety of a GI Joe PSA for the dangers of downed powerlines?
>Remember when all these protagonists like Hellcat and Squirrel Girl were given shit sub-webcomic art and stories that didn't matter to anything, while all the male-oriented books had talented and established artists and stories that had some modicum of consequence?
>Books starring characters like Spider-Man and Drax get well-known writers like Slott and Duggan, while Patsy Walker is saddled with Kate Leth, a mediocre webcomic artist and professional victim whose only notable accomplishments are sleeping with a married man and turning Hellcat into a stage for clunky morals and presenting LGBT people as trendy accessories for quirky wo-manchildren.
>>
>>83495551
Because while you were sitting on your ass enjoying the status quo, girls were being taught that they could be whatever they wanted to be.

You got lazy anon, and they grew up thinking they could actually accomplish things, and guess what...
>>
>>83497424
I'm going to let you in on a little secret...Time, all these fuckers being loud and obnoxious are nothing but an evolved form of the hippie. Something different will take it's place it has always been that case it will last 10-15 years but in time they will need to fucking grow up and actually deal with real shit.
>>
>>83497657
>Remember when every female Marvel hero who wasn't Spider-Gwen, Gwenpool, or Silk was relegated to socio-political moral of the day stories that had all the subtlety of a GI Joe PSA for the dangers of downed powerlines?

So you mean that one day we'll get something amazing out of these shitty comics?
>>
>>83497693
>and guess what...
They can't. Apparently.
>>
>>83497630
To be fair, Doom just came out with fuck loads of guts and macho violence, and Blizzard replaced that Tracer pose with one that was inspired by a WW2 pinup (adding explicit sexual overtones to it, in addition to showing off her ass more).

Meanwhile I haven't heard anyone talk about "Depression Quest" other than to mock it and that one Nintendo Treehouse member who defended pedophilia and said on Twitter how she'd purposely fuck with game localization to piss people off has been fired.

I feel like video games are coming around, but the difference between video games and comics is that games are a bigger, more financially sound industry.

If someone complains about Call of Duty not having a trans-racial omni-gendered plantkin as the protagoist, Activision can continue ignoring them whilst laughing all the way to the bank.

But comic books NEED that money. If the college kids who watch the movies say they'll buy a funny book if it exposes the horror of the cishet white male illuminati, guess what the next issue is gonna be about.

It's only a matter of time before they wise up to the fact that this niche market of millenial idiots doesn't actually read comics; DC seems to be learning, and that's why stuff like Harley Quinn at least still has loads of cheesecake in it.

But Marvel is still hiring fucking Tumblr webcomic artists to get brownie points from your local university's intersectional feminist alliance, not understanding that they'll buy one issue of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl before they become triggered by how difficult it is to waddle to the comic shop every few weeks and latch onto a newer, trendier fish.

They'll learn, but only through sales. Do not hate buy, do not raise awareness, simply let your wallet and apathy send the message for you.

No amount of complaining on Twitter kept Dan Slot from writing shitty Spider-Man stories, but the amount of money and press that Superior made sure as hell encouraged him to keep going.
>>
>>83497738
Once people wise up, I believe so.

Once society realizes that upper-middle class white women in America are not the most victimized group in the world, once people realize that Gender Studies is a very niche major, once people realize that the only way to get more women in STEM fields is for more women to enroll in STEM fields, and so on.

Notice how the number of hippies vastly declined after that generation had to grow up, leave college, and enter the real world.
You'll still have your smelly burnouts a decade from now, complaining about manspreading and rape culture, but they'll be regarded as idiots and poor role models for our children.
The same way that an unwashed beatnik living off of welfare and smoking pot all day while complaining about "the man" is looked down upon by respectable society, so will the social justice warrior.
>>
>>83497630
Exactly. Apparently there's a bunch of tumblr video games or something? Fuck if I know because it doesn't remotely affect me. I buy my one or two video games a month, play them, enjoy them, and then carry on until something new comes out that catches my eye.
>>
>>83497995
>the only comics that exist are Marvel and DC
I actually hope that the Big 2 get 100% completely taken over by the SJWs just so you faggots would be forced to either abandon the hobby or branch out and realise that comics is a medium with infinite potential and not just one genre and two publishers.
>>
>>83497657
>This is a professionally done comic marketed at people older than 10
It is? I was like 99% sure this was an All-Ages book. Same as Squirrel Girl and Moon-girl/Devil Dinosaur.

Meaning that it actually is marketed at kids 10 and under.
>>
>>83497701
I thought hippies evolved into comic reading D n' D playing nerds. Like the precursor to us.
>>
Wow this dialogue is shoehorned in to shit.
>OH BTW IM BI LOL
>LOL GENDERS
>>
>>83498291

i dunno how it is i/r/t marvel marketing but i'm 99% sure Leth writes it for all ages. It's definitely in the same neighborhood tonally as those books
>>
>>83497424
>Why is this shit allowed?
Because the world isn't /pol/.
>>
File: PbkfLvd.jpg (89 KB, 625x295) Image search: [Google]
PbkfLvd.jpg
89 KB, 625x295
>>83497424
>>83497638
>>83497995
>But comic books NEED that money. If the college kids who watch the movies say they'll buy a funny book if it exposes the horror of the cishet white male illuminati, guess what the next issue is gonna be about.
You don't know the half of it. I mean, in the literal sense, I guess you know exactly half of it -- but they're coming at this from a different perspective. Especially when "they" are Marvel.

Getting people mad means people talk about it, because it's controversial, which causes buzz, which makes people buy it. Everyone who kicks up a stink is playing right into Marvel's pockets. All of this outrage is well calculated.
>>
>>83498291
The main reason it was produced in the first place was because of the Jessica Jones show, and I hope to god people weren't stupid enough to let their kids watch that stuff.
>>
>>83498433
Yeah, like, being an All-ages book doesn't give you an excuse to write a bad comic (the Marvel Adventures books were All-ages and they were 10/10, as were the Gurihiru Power Pack comics), but let's not act like they're claiming these are some high-brow mature comics for adults when they're very clearly meant for actual children and not just manchildren.
>>
File: And that's way beyond pluto.jpg (27 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
And that's way beyond pluto.jpg
27 KB, 400x300
Marvel wants dat fangirl/people who don't actually read comics audience. It's pretty much as simple as that.

Hell, the book is written by Kate "I'm a big Batman comics fan but I've never read a Batman comic" Leth. Someone who shit talks the company she works for on Twitter and then immediately deletes the comments.

Because if she's not fucking older married men, she's got no follow through.

I'd imagine the book's also an answer to DC's Batgirl revamp. Except crappier. I mean, DC's editorial realized that not every book needed "Batgirl'd" but boy howdy Marvel's looking to try.

I don't think Hellcat's sales numbers are too high though, so hopefully this'll be the end of Leth's tenure at Marvel. She can fuck back off to knocking off decades old magical girl anime or trolling OKCupid for men who will indulge her daddy issues.
>>
>>83498517
But it isn't remotely like the Jessica Jones show. From tone to content, it's 100% different. Patsy is also written completely differently.

If this was supposed to hit the demo of people that liked Jessica Jones then why would it be the exact opposite of it? I don't doubt that the reason they decided to make a new Hellcat series was because of it, but I imagine it was more "Let's get a Hellcat series going. Start accepting pitches from writers" and Leth pitched an all-ages Hellcat comic while everyone else probably didn't bother pitching at all.
>>
>>83495551

>Marvel sells this for $3.99
>People still buy Marvel comics
>>
>>83498549
Considering this is the only comic Leth is doing for Marvel, it's about to go below the cancellation line, the last solicited comic is a CWII tie-in (meaning it was likely their last ditch effort for bumping sales up), and that tweet she deleted was basically "fuck the Big 2 this is bullshit who do they think they are?!" which makes me think she just found out it was getting cancelled and immediately made that tweet upon finding out.
>>
>>83495551
I really dont mind gay/bi/trans characters
But their personalities have to come out organically.
You can't just cram a ton of exposition into 3 panels.
>>
When did Marvel become the joke publisher of /co/? I don't even think it's just DCucks anymore
>>
>>83495551
I don't know, but considering you make this thread everyday I'd hope you'd have found out by now.
>>
>>83495551
Why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>83496230
how?? this is so rough, it look like an unfinished page from some rando's tumblr
>>
File: 3600.jpg (55 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
3600.jpg
55 KB, 848x480
>>83495551
>>
>>83495611
Because it's terrible, bland garbage that belongs to the webcomic trash bin.
>>
>>83497995
>Blizzard replaced that Tracer pose with one that was inspired by a WW2 pinup (adding explicit sexual overtones to it, in addition to showing off her ass more).
That gave me a boner that had nothing to do with sexual arousal

Well, almost nothing
>>
>>83498511
Everything he said is true. even on /co/ I've seen more threads about this comic, squirrel girl and the new mockingbird than any other series
>>
File: 1464727746551.jpg (92 KB, 500x586) Image search: [Google]
1464727746551.jpg
92 KB, 500x586
>>83500013
Ya know anon this pisses me off the most. I know a guy who frequents the Hellcat and Squirrel Girl threads always talking about how terrible the quality and writing is. When I showed him the comics of when SG and Hellcat were more well written he didn't want to read them. One of the main problems of this controversy bs with their comics is that it gives people an outlet to make them feel 'smart' by being critical of obviously bad shit.
>>
>>83500197
> of when SG and Hellcat were more well written

I /really/ hope you mean a time before Ryan North.
>>
>>83498749
Well, sometimes coming out does happen in a rushed flood. It's a pretty nerve-wracking experience.

Of course, they should have actual PERSONALITIES aside from their gender/sexuality status.
>>
>>83500303
Yes of course. Even when I send him better written runs of ANY hero he won't read them. Yet he'll keep reading Hellcat and Unbeatable. Why? Because he thinks it makes him look smart by being critical of shit that is obviously shit.
>>
>>83495907
The dialogue is consistent with the author's other works.

The art is consistent with the artist's other works.

>>83497424
>Why is this shit allowed?
There's no objective standards on who gets in and who doesn't. The author and writer are politically very well connected, and are probably working very cheaply.

>>83497638
Not to belabor a pun, any examples of how triggered shooter has gotten in the past?

>>83497738
The free market is likely to fix this one.
>>
>>83497995
Not to go too far off topic, but isn't bilzzard going after rule 34 makers with their legal team?
>>
>>83500581
They're going after the 3D 34 that uses in-game assets.

I'm not sure why it matters.

I mean goddamn. There's gotta be a reason to accept the expense of attacking people with legal takedowns. There's gotta be something at the other end of the equation to make the effort worthwhile but for the life of me I can't see it.
>>
Wasn't arcade someone who can accept defeat, and not act like bitch? Atleast thats what i remember from X-Men classic
>>
>>83495611
I wanted to read Hellcat.
The first issue drove me away.
The OP post makes me think "You dodged the bullet of the century"
>>
File: 313243546578.jpg (57 KB, 577x1250) Image search: [Google]
313243546578.jpg
57 KB, 577x1250
>People bitch about that when rob liefield is one of the most famous comic artists of all time
>>
>>83500949
You remember super wrong, his whole character is that he's a spoiled shut-in who plays too many video games
>>
>>83501471

>Implying that looks worse than what OP posted
>>
>>83501471
Yeah and remember how /co/ loves Rob Liefield so much?
>>
>Patsy Walker was originally a romance comics character
>She was being explicitly written for young women to enjoy
>Marvel only brought her back as Hellcat to acknowledge how thier comics have transformed over the years
>character is handed over to a creative who writes and draws in what Marvel would consider the young female adult market
>in other words, she's being written for young women to enjoy

They gave a female charter whose whole thing was appealing to young women over to someone who's writting it to appeal to young women.
Hellcat just isn't written for you, guys. Just let it go.
No one on here believes that Hellcat had a super strong male fan base before.
>>
>>83497424

>People responding seriously to this post.
>>
>>83501634
Atleast op's pic has a grasp of basic human anatomy

>>83501636
You're missing the point, Most people on /co/ like to act like da ebil sjws invaded comics with their tumblr artstyles, When in reality most comics just have shitty art
>>
>>83497424
>let's censor this thing becauseI don't agree with its messages
Are you being genuine here?
Dictatorship-tier censorship advocates are this way >>>/tumblr/
>>
>>83498738
Below 20,000 copies sold per issue is Marvel's cancellation line. Leth's been below that already. They probably just want enough issues for a trade, and the will call it a day. Though they'll probably also infuriatingly give her more chances.
>>
>>83501885
This

Let the fucking market kill it if it even does

But if it's being propped up for ideological purposes THEN you can bitch.
>>
>>83495611
yeah, shows that if you have a vagina people will feel sorry for you and give you the job you want by screaming sexism, regardless of talent you have.
>>
>>83498511
Nobody is outraged or mad about Hellcat though, because nobody gives a shit aboiut Hellcat. No, 5 faggots on /co/ doesn't a readership make.
>>
>>83495551

This writing is pretty awful.
>>
>>83501906
>But if it's being propped up for ideological purposes THEN you can bitch.
Not really. Marvel don't owe you anything in terms of the ideologies they prop up in their books. Don't like it, don't buy it, but bitching about it is useless and overall retarded.
>>
>>83500481
why do we all have a hipster fuckhead whose sole contact in social media is sending us things we're supposed to get mad at

why
>>
>>83501641
Bullshit. Hellcat is best known for being a member of The Defenders comic back in the 70s, back when mostly guys read comics. It was rare for girls to read comics, particularly Marvel and DC comics, or even admit to it to others if one did, in the 70s and 80s.
>>
>>83501024
>I wanted to read Hellcat.
She has not had a non-ironic run as a character since the Eisenhower administration nor will she again.
>>
This will have to go down as the all arounf worst single issue Marvel's ever published. Even the lettering is awful.
>>
File: Truly, a professional.jpg (304 KB, 600x924) Image search: [Google]
Truly, a professional.jpg
304 KB, 600x924
>>83495551

>purple hair
>makeup
>dresses like a total fag
>B-But he's only half-fag

Leth, as liberal and PC as she is, should know that no dude who looks like this is into pussy.

I've banged a lotta faggy-looking guys, and literally no dude who looks like that would try and back-pedal and say he was also bi. Literally a yaoibait fantasy.
>>
all-around. Still can't type on a phone, to save my life.
>>
>>83501641
>Patsy Walker was originally a romance comics character

This is wrong

>She was being explicitly written for young women to enjoy

Wrong

>Marvel only brought her back as Hellcat to acknowledge how thier comics have transformed over the years

Wrong

>character is handed over to a creative who writes and draws in what Marvel would consider the young female adult market

Bait

>in other words, she's being written for young women to enjoy

Poor bait.
>>
>>83501906
but that's what is happening, it's constantly berating the reader with ideology.
>>
File: THIS CANT BE REAL.png (590 KB, 705x528) Image search: [Google]
THIS CANT BE REAL.png
590 KB, 705x528
>>83495551
>what is shading
>what is anatomy
>what is persective

Not even bothering to read the texts. I bet it's some sjw pandering we are all sick of.
>>
>>83502109

All that, and he's still a faggot for wearing dress clothes without a shirt and tie
>>
>>83495551

It will be cancelled soon enough.
>>
>>83499799

This is actually sub-webcomic level.
>>
>>83500698
It's a bizzare thing to do. Maybe they're expecting more media attention from the streisand effect? I know that some of the SJWs have been pushing them to do this, but it's only the extra retarded fringe.

What makes it stranger is that blizzard assets and IP get used all the fucking time in shitty knockoff games.

>>83503764
I get the hate boner, but keep it real. It's not, like moon over june levels.
>>
>>83495551
This has to be one of the worst comic pages I've ever seen, and that includes webcomics.

Also what's with SJW artists always having characters give impromptu explanations about their sexuality? If you want to have a dyke or fag character just show them attracted to the same gender without having them soapbox about it.
>>
>>83503895
>what's with SJW artists always having characters give impromptu explanations about their sexuality?
because they know stormfront will take those pages and blast them all across social media, which will invite other sj's to leap to their defence, and this public debate will provide free advertising that translates directly into more sales from bystanders.

every time you post a page from a comic you hate, you are putting money in their pockets
>>
>>83495551

That's probably the most hamfisted thing I've ever seen
>>
>>83501885
>let's censor this thing becauseI don't agree with its messages
But isn't that the SJW's thing too? Except for them it's acceptable to everyone.
>>
File: 1418061959845.jpg (18 KB, 284x384) Image search: [Google]
1418061959845.jpg
18 KB, 284x384
>>83495551
>hit someone from behind
>kick someone already down and out
Nice acceptance, buddy.
>>
>>83504503
He was a sexist cis male, he doesn't deserve acceptance
>>
>>83503938
It's not gonna make a difference a this point. The book is tanking badly.
>>
>>83502046
/co/ as a whole is that person.
>>
File: appealing to tumblr.jpg (167 KB, 460x750) Image search: [Google]
appealing to tumblr.jpg
167 KB, 460x750
Just leaving this here
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.