[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I guess he should have worn his Sunday best.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: kymg67vb3pfmr3megfwz.jpg (188 KB, 800x1243) Image search: [Google]
kymg67vb3pfmr3megfwz.jpg
188 KB, 800x1243
I guess he should have worn his Sunday best.
>>
They're losing to the helicopter guy?
>>
>>83492532
Why didn't he just hit Thanos with one his signature anti-Thanos missiles? Or shoot him with his signature anti-Thanos sniper rifle?
>>
>>83492639

Yes.
>>
>>83492532
I'm not sure if I want this to be all a vision or not
>>
I don't know why but Thanos doesn't strike me an menacingly evil enough to be a final boss. He's just too silly looking. Which is weird because Darkseid is arguably similar enough, but he's great as an all powerful force. Thanos just looks like a dopey raisin.
>>
>>83492845
>final boss
this happens before issue number 1 of the event.

off panel in a tie in even,
>>
>>83492532
How much do you think Bendis will fuck-up this event?

So far I am finding his ADAN way better than it was - you except the Quips and 14y-old lines like "Awesome Facial Bros" - with Guardians and X-Men.

And so far the 3 issues are being good with #1 setting up the event in my eyes to be a decent one.

Is Bendis gonna shit us all or he will keep in track and continue to deliver a decent stories like he is doing it right now?
>>
>>83492949
this story isnt decent at all, Tony is acting like he had a fucking lobotomy
>>
If he had Anti Thanos rockets why didn't he have a anti Thanos suit
>>
>>83492845
Darkseid wears a skirt like a little girl.
>>
>>83492532
Did Bendis even explain why someone as big as Thanos was even there? I thought he was end-of-event level
>>
They were prepared for his Cosmic Power, but were not expecting him to bring guns or punch a dude.
>>
File: 1392142940043.jpg (577 KB, 1073x1650) Image search: [Google]
1392142940043.jpg
577 KB, 1073x1650
>>83492949
Why would anyone have faith in Bendis with an event?

>>83492991
>Tony is acting like he had a fucking lobotomy
It's Capes fighting capes that's a given.
>>
File: 1392143052050.jpg (251 KB, 665x1023) Image search: [Google]
1392143052050.jpg
251 KB, 665x1023
>>83493098
>>
>>83492991
How so?

His point of preventing the Future to happen will not go well and is uncontrollable is right.
Sure he only said: "How can we arrest someone for something that they didn't do" but there is alot imply with his speech... and yes I know that Tony in CWI acted right like he is saying that Carol should not act.

>>83493098
Because I liked the issues?

>>83493084
Read Ultimates it serves as a little backstory for that and is worth reading.
>>
>>83493084
Ewing explains it in Ultimates. Thanos overhears that theres a cosmic cube on Earth.
>>
>>83492845
Thanos jobs too frequently to feel truly powerful. Also his outfit is a doofy blue and gold getup, and Thanos has always just looked like a purple skrull.

Also Thanos should take a page from Darkseid and stop being written as a physical threat. I know the Movie Thanos gets a lot of shit for just hanging out in an easy chair, but some of Thanos' best stories come from him outwitting his opponents or besting people far stronger than him or with far better technology just by being an incredible thinker. Thanos' menace, to me anyway, always came from the fact that he always seemed to have a backup plan or trick up his sleeve. That even when he was defeated he could either pull a Dr. Wily and laugh while he goes to cause more trouble, or just pull off the kid gloves and decimate a planet for show.
>>
>>83493024
Because his armor was 30 years out of date... for some reason.
>>
File: 1422678852472.jpg (26 KB, 211x299) Image search: [Google]
1422678852472.jpg
26 KB, 211x299
>>83493084
Thanos has a bad case of wanderlust between events.
>>
>>83493142
Tony's whole stupid analogy of hulk and Ultram shutting out a baby Hitler is dumb because he funding shot the hulk into space
>>
>>83493683
Totally different dude, the whole reason they sent Hulk to the space was because of his - yet again - rampage in a city against F4.

Do you even read comics?

Those two situations are very different things: one is a "punishment" for doing shit vs "punishment" because they will do shit in the future
>>
>>83492949
From AoU and forward Bendis just went downhill with his writing really badly, honestly he should just write Spider-Man and Jessica Jones and stay with those titles, or maybe get his own street Avengers team but just leave him there.

He can write small personal type of stories but he can't write big ones which makes him a shit writer for GotG and CWII further hammered down that he can't write Cosmic for shit.
>>
>>83493167
I think a lot of writers can't fucking write Thanos for shit, and they make him into this grimdark edgy killer who wants to conquer planets or destroy everything for the lols which isn't Thanos at all.

Starlin Thanos was a thinker and I always liked that about him, he also had a personality which he seems to lack these days.

>>83493683
I can see what he was going for but the way he explained it was cringey as fuck.
>>
>>83492949
>implying he didn't fuck up already
>>
>>83494181
>I think a lot of writers can't fucking write Thanos for shit, and they make him into this grimdark edgy killer who wants to conquer planets or destroy everything for the lols which isn't Thanos at all.

Literally 90% of the shit writing of Thanos recently has been Bendis.
>>
>>83493167
So basically Thanos is Cosmic Doom?
>>
>>83493098
>>83493131
Wasn't this hickman basically just talking directly to the readers of Invincible more than it was a jab at bendis?
>>
>>83494181
>Starlin Thanos was a thinker and I always liked that about him, he also had a personality which he seems to lack these days.
You say that as if Starlin hasn't been writing the majority of Thanos comics for the past 2 years.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.