[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I HAVE IT ALL PLANNED THIS TIME GUYS, I SWEAR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: Bendis.png (34 KB, 916x548) Image search: [Google]
Bendis.png
34 KB, 916x548
>I HAVE IT ALL PLANNED THIS TIME GUYS, I SWEAR
>>
He's not wrong, it is a serial story.
>>
A "professional" god damn writer and he can't even capitalize his words.
>>
>>83489197
That's the same he said about all the things he set up for his new volumen of Guardians of the Galaxy. He's a fucking liar.
>>
>>83489197
Notice that he specifically mentions "a few important tie-in issues". That makes me think he's going to leave the important job of filling his stupid fucking plotholes to other writers,
>>
>>83489275
It's not his job.
>>
>>83489350

but he's not writing all the avengers book to make tie in anymore
>>
>>83489197
IS GOING TO BE A VISION FROM ULLYSES, I BET MY SWEET ASS THAT IS GOING TO BE A VISION.
>>
>>83489350
As usual
>>
>>83489350
Ewing has already fixed a few points from that God-awful issue ##0, and he will probably fix more in the ultimates book.
>>
>>83489399

Yeah, I'm banking on this too. I'm going to mail anthrax to the Marvel offices if it is.
>>
>>83489431

It's gonna be amazing when that Ulysses thing hits and is amazing.
>>
how did she get a spinal injury if she got shot in the tits, anyway?
>>
When's the last time Bendis wrote anything you enjoyed reading?
I think it's been slightly over a decade for me.
>>
>>83489471
Missiles...explode.
>>
>>83489471
Her tit's wild rocking to-and-fro from the explosion made her slip a disc. Her spine wasn't able to cope with the force her bust could put out
>>
>>83489399
A... Vision?
>>
>>83489471

THANOS KILLING MISSLES.

FUCK YOU.
>>
>>83489244
One that he dreamed up while watching the now-cancelled Minority Report series late last year, yes.
>>
>>83489475
Nothing. I have read nothing of his work that I liked.
>>
>>83489511
v-vision sweet ass ?
>>
>>83489471
The Thanis killing missile affects all the body
>>
i can't get over how easy a fix the biggest problem is. make Ulysses vision that starts everything more vague
>>
>>83489475
I enjoy being upset and angry at Bendis.
>>
>>83489471
thanos killing teat seeking missiles
>>
>>83489573

Bendis?
>>
File: They always had this.png (23 KB, 962x444) Image search: [Google]
They always had this.png
23 KB, 962x444
>>83489504
They're not just any missiles
They're KNOCK DOWN THANOS MISSILES
>>
>>83489350
Well yeah. Ewing's job is apparently fixing Bendis' mess if that last issue of Ultimates is anything to go by.
>>
>>83489399
That's basically "it was all a dream" tier
fuck that
>>
>>83489603
why didn't they just set up a bunch of launchers with those instead of trying to punch him? they had time, they had element of surprise.
>>
>>83489709

Remember, this entire event is a commercial for Captain Marvel (and to a lesser extent the Guardians, and Inhumans if their movie still happens).
>>
File: you just got bendis'd.gif (1 MB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
you just got bendis'd.gif
1 MB, 355x200
>>83489197
>>
>>83489809
>and Inhumans if their movie still happens

I hope it doesn't just so Marvel's comics department gets fucked.
>>
>>83489667
Is it his job, or do you think it's a hobby? Like he sees it as a puzzle only he can solve?
>>
>>83490088

Maybe he's one of the lucky few who loves his job.
>>
>>83489275
A "professional" god damn writer and he doesn't even include a bibliography
>>
>>83489809
It isn't last I checked, because Disney is doing Indiana Jones instead.
>>
>>83490193

Stuff it Bendis. You know what i meant.

Alternatively -

stuff it bendis you know what i meant
>>
>>83489475
I think it's been a decade for me as well. There was USM and Daredevil, then he started his descent into mediocrity. Now he's just awful. I'm not sure why people keep buying his comics
>>
>>83489475
I enjoyed New Avengers, while I accept that it wasn't that good.
>>
>the assault on Thanos was spontaneous
>WM just happened to be there with Carol
>earlier WM was complaining how low grade his armour was and how it was in need of an upgrade
>somehow has Thanos killing missiles despite being low grade and spontaneous assault
BRAVO BENDIS
>>
>>83489197
nothing of consequence will come out of this event
remember they came up with this shit about 6 months ago or so

just enjoy 7 issues of pretty but wasted artwork
>>
>>83489244
This is Bendis so issues 2-6 will result in absolutely no plot movement whatsoever as characters dick around while issue 7 will be a hastily done finale with a non-ending or (if more recent stories are anything to go by) will retcon itself out of existence.
>>
>>83489197
>I have no idea what I'm doing, so I'm going to wildly shit on the fans in order to deflect attention.

I'm so sick of creators pulling this bullshit.
>>
>>83491175
I'm sure War Machine, She-Hulk, Hawkeye, and Scarlet Witch will be gone for a while at the end of this.
>>
>>83490551
This. I liked the stupidity of it all.
>>
>>83491328
>will retcon itself out of existence.
I fear you're being optimistic.
More than likely we will get retarded character changes that will stay with us for years
>>
>>83491599
no it will be revealed to all be a simulation or something
>>
>>83489197
>six more issues of story to go
>quite a few important tie in issues
>this and so many other beats
>let the story unfold
>embrace the cliffhang
>one of the cornerstones of the medium
>part of the game I take VERY seriously
Jesus, I'm not sure when or how but I can now say for sure Bendis at some point became a shell of writing. He perceives and approaches it in a completely lifeless fashion.

Just look at how he describes the events, it's just a series of connect the dots which we know by now he won't even bother to do so in a reasonable fashion. He's just going to scribble all over until the lines cross the points in some fashion. Some of them going off the page, onto the desk and back such that without that link it seems it just sort of lost track and teleported its way to a conclusion.

His writing is so tired, I don't mean I'm tired. I am but that's not what I mean. I mean you can tell he's basically just exhausted with the juggling act of Marvel ideas and events and just sleepwalks through the ordeal to get it over with. I can't recall a single story from him in over the past 3 years where you feel there was a point in the end. Shit just happened to get from A to B.
>>
>>83491885
If he's so tired why doesn't he write less books?
Fucker has a goddamn stranglehold on several teams and characters.
>>
File: 1291593235463.jpg (170 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1291593235463.jpg
170 KB, 640x480
>>83491885
> it's just a series of connect the dots which we know by now he won't even bother to do so in a reasonable fashion. He's just going to scribble all over until the lines cross the points in some fashion.
>Bendis' stories are the Haggard of comic books
>>
>>83489709
Bendis spent the last portion of his X-Men run on a story that retconned itself away at the very end so don't think it's not possible.
>>
File: troll food.jpg (98 KB, 541x870) Image search: [Google]
troll food.jpg
98 KB, 541x870
>>83491516
>wildly shit on the fans

So don't ask him questions on whatever that is? Also don't read his comics, duh.
>>
File: indexghhgh.jpg (11 KB, 303x166) Image search: [Google]
indexghhgh.jpg
11 KB, 303x166
>>83491637
Oh god. You know you're in trouble when "It was just a dream" is looking like the best of the possible endings.
>>
>>83491964
Ego

He's too proud to admit he's fallen off and become Claremont (or any other great creator) except, of course, he was never half the writer Claremont was.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.