[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What ended their relationship?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: Alan-Moore-and-Frank-Mill-006.jpg (28 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Alan-Moore-and-Frank-Mill-006.jpg
28 KB, 460x276
What ended their relationship?
>>
>>83488168
Whores
>>
Moore found out that Miller actually doesn't out and out hate women he's just bad at writing them.
>>
>>83488168
No one knows. They were good friends up until the early 90's and then had a falling out. Some suspect it had something to do with Sin City.
>>
>>83488168
Miller got lazy. Moore probably said something to him about it and asshurt ensued.
>>
>>83488168
Can they ever be friends again?
>>
>>83488168
Political ideologies maybe?
>>
>>83488168
>Woah, you are still writing SUPERHERO comics?
>Fuck you, Alan
>>
>>83488496
I imagine Clinton is too right-wing for Moore's tastes considering he thinks Morrison is tory scum.
>>
>>83488671
wow. hes for Hillary? I thought he went hard right after 911
>>
>>83488789
Nah, just hates Islamic terrorists to a ridiculous degree.
>>
File: armin the cuck.png (143 KB, 288x319) Image search: [Google]
armin the cuck.png
143 KB, 288x319
>>83488168
>In November 2011, Miller posted remarks pertaining to the Occupy Wall Street movement in his blog, calling it "nothing but a pack of louts, thieves, and rapists, fed by Woodstock-era nostalgia and putrid false righteousness." and said of the movement, "Wake up, pond scum. America is at war against a ruthless enemy. Maybe, between bouts of self-pity and all the other tasty tidbits of narcissism you’ve been served up in your sheltered, comfy little worlds, you’ve heard terms like al-Qaeda and Islamicism."
>In December 2011, Moore responded to Frank Miller's attack on the Occupy movement, calling his more recent work misogynistic, homophobic and misguided...Moore described Occupy as "ordinary people reclaiming rights which should always have been theirs"
Moore got butthurt because Frank Miller called the occupy protesters degenerates and rapists. Of course Moore would defend them because muh anarchy.
Frank was right
>>
>>83488923
No they're relationship ended way before that. That's just when Moore spoke about it.
>>
>>83489240
He said SOME sanity, Anon.
>>
>>83488496
It is a sticking point. Miller's a libertarian of the Ayn Rand variety and Moore's a left libertarian.
>>
File: Untitled76.png (257 KB, 439x461) Image search: [Google]
Untitled76.png
257 KB, 439x461
>>83489240
>>
>>83488496
nah brah
>>
>>83489575
I forgot to add soylent green.
>>
Maybe Moore is just jealous that Millar has written good stories, whereas Moore couldn't write a decent story to save his life.
>>
>>83488168
Moore came inside Miller when he'd specifically asked for Moore to not do that, then he wiped his cock on the drapes and Miller's mom kicked them both out.
>>
File: HAHA shiba.jpg (151 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HAHA shiba.jpg
151 KB, 640x480
>>83490106
>According to the guy who shared office space with Hillary
>>
>Miller funeral
>Moore on the stand his eulogy is good riddance
>>
>>83488168
money
>>
>>83488168
9/11
>>
>>83488789
He did. That's why he's pro-Hillary.
>>
>>83488923
>"ordinary people reclaiming rights which should always have been theirs"

And botching it horribly.
>>
>>83495297

well he didn't say they pulled it off
>>
>>83489625
Also Fast & Furious.
>>
>>83490169
I know this is bait but
>Swamp Thing
>>
>>83488789
>I thought he went hard right after 911
So did she
>>
It's an immortal thing, OP. There can be only one.
>>
>>83488923
problem is Ali Queda was invented and created and armed by USA itself(exactly as how ISIS was), Hullary admitted it so in an interview.
OOps, there goes your theory down in flames!
>>
>>83490169
Miller and good stories? You sure got a funny definition of what "good story" is.
>>
>>83499850
I live in fear of the day Stan Lee sets out to devour Moore's lifeforce.
>>
>>83488168
Did they ever have one? I know Moore and Morrison have been enemies since time immemorial but I've never heard of Miller or Moore interacting with each other.
>>
>>83495230
>Trump's protectionist economic policy is more left wing than Hillary
>neither his supporters nor his detractors ever bring this up
I'm not even American, but this strikes me as baffling.
>>
>>83500474
the majority of trump's supporters and detractors aren't actually familiar with his policies.
>>
File: go-back-to-where-54801.jpg (120 KB, 850x450) Image search: [Google]
go-back-to-where-54801.jpg
120 KB, 850x450
>>83490169
>Millar

SPOTTED THE CASUAL
>>
>>83500291
Moore wrote the foreword to TDKR and they were apparently quite friendly with another and would call each other to discuss the state of comics every now and again. That's obviously not the case anymore though.
>>
>>83488671
I guess it's because he hides his power -level, but if you look at the political stuff that inspired Morrison, I'm really fucking surprised anyone could take him for a Tory or even a Blairite. In what universe are the situationists tories?
>>
>>83488168
What relationship?
>>
>>83500474
It reminds me of how everyone calls him racist when for months he was leading the other republican candidates in polls with minorities, with the one exception being African Americans who leaned towards Carson before he dropped out.
>>
>>83502711
They used to bump cunts.
>>
>>83488168
They were never close friends. That's just a misconception. The main reason they stopped talking was because Moore stopped going to conventions, which was where they usually saw each other.
>>
>>83502711
THIS.

They barely even knew each other. You faggots are just gossiping over literally nothing.
>>
>>83503220
Why'd he stop going?
>>
>>83488197
I kek'd
>>
>>83503423
He got tired of fans bugging him to the point he couldn't take a shit without someone slipping something under the stall.
>>
>>83488789
He's only hard right compared to the rest of the comics industry.
>>
>Everybody's been too damn polite about this nonsense:

>The "Occupy" movement, whether displaying itself on Wall Street or in the streets of Oakland (which has, with unspeakable cowardice, embraced it) is anything but an exercise of our blessed First Amendment. "Occupy" is nothing but a pack of louts, thieves, and rapists, an unruly mob, fed by Woodstock-era nostalgia and putrid false righteousness. These clowns can do nothing but harm America.

>"Occupy" is nothing short of a clumsy, poorly-expressed attempt at anarchy, to the extent that the "movement" – HAH! Some "movement", except if the word "bowel" is attached - is anything more than an ugly fashion statement by a bunch of iPhone, iPad wielding spoiled brats who should stop getting in the way of working people and find jobs for themselves.

>This is no popular uprising. This is garbage. And goodness knows they're spewing their garbage – both politically and physically – every which way they can find.

>Wake up, pond scum. America is at war against a ruthless enemy.

>Maybe, between bouts of self-pity and all the other tasty tidbits of narcissism you've been served up in your sheltered, comfy little worlds, you've heard terms like al-Qaeda and Islamicism.

>And this enemy of mine - not of yours, apparently - must be getting a dark chuckle, if not an outright horselaugh - out of your vain, childish, self-destructive spectacle.

>In the name of decency, go home to your parents, you losers. Go back to your mommas' basements and play with your Lords Of Warcraft.

>Or better yet, enlist for the real thing. Maybe our military could whip some of you into shape.

>They might not let you babies keep your iPhones, though. Try to soldier on.

>Schmucks.
>>
>>83504086
>Go back to your mommas' basements and play with your Lords Of Warcraft.
Um.

It's called WORLD of Warcraft?

Like, heh. THANKS, old man, but uh. NO thanks. You feel me? Heh.
>>
>>83503220
>>83503423
I can't imagine Moore at a con. It seems like he'd absolutely hate it.
>>
File: dksa5s5umh.jpg (75 KB, 496x300) Image search: [Google]
dksa5s5umh.jpg
75 KB, 496x300
>>83488496
The conflict between Green Arrow and The Question in Miller's least understood work of pure art finally makes sense.

Miller is Question and Moore is Arrow. He even has the beard.

It all makes sense now. DKII is Miller's attempt to deconstruct his relationship with Moore, and is actually pure art in disguise.
>>
That time when Miller wanted pizza but Alan ordered some vegan takeaway trash instead
>>
>>83504206
Yes, Moore is a poser and more than a little boring, Miller is a quiet, dramatic little /pol/ack wimp who got punched once.
>>
>>83504086
He also said that "they" practise 'genetic mutilation'. No typo. In the same speech he basically wants to replace Islamic 10th century barbarism with an older form of barbarism, the awesome of the Spartans.
People who would've left his ass exposed on a hillside at birth.
>>
>>83500291
Moore praised Miller's Daredevil and wrote an article about it back then. He also did a Mad Magazine-esque parody of it. And as >>83502477
mentioned, Moore wrote a foreword to DKR (it was used up until the 1996 printing).

IIRC Moore started having a distaste toward Miller's work around later Sin City and 300.
>>
>>83488923
Nah Frank is a nasty soft selfish son of privelige, like Americans have always been. You don't get to be so mean AND be so rich.
Now Moore grew up when there was a small nation of unemployed people in his country, stats said 4 million, but it was way higher. The children of hippies had grown up in caravans and become this itinerant nation of semi-homeless seasonal workers not tied down by debt or identification.
This was a real threat to society, gypsies commit crimes and move on very hard to trace or ever catch. Cops want everyone on a database and on camera 24/7 and they nearly have that now in the UK.
It's a little known fact that police descended on gatherings of these mobile-home types in the 80s and smashed all their stuff, as well as a few faces, to remind these people they were the underclass. I'm talking thousands of people hurt.
It's a forgotten part of a big ugly picture that was Thatcher's England and it's shaped the outlook of millions.
Moore can write a good story and i loved his bombastic hateful shit when i was a teen, but Moore is the better man, if a bit fake.
>>
>>83504405

What some people don't realise is that more than any other Prime Minister, Thatcher used the police force as her own personal thug army. One of the first things she did when she came into office was give the police a huge pay rise, putting them directly into her pockets for essentially her entire reign.
>>
>>83488671
>there are people who genuinely, sincerely, believe that clinton is left wing
Fucking hell, she's all about big money and watering down politics by pandering identity politics
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.