[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is he the most based character in the MCU?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8
File: kilgrave.png (3 MB, 2482x1386) Image search: [Google]
kilgrave.png
3 MB, 2482x1386
is he the most based character in the MCU?
>>
He has the coolest name
>>
>>83486526
Do you prefer the MCU version (Kilgrave) or the comics version (Killgrave)?
>>
>>83486660
Both actually, was the reason I watched it also
>>
>>83486494
unfortunately yes
>>
>>83486494
Hey so settle a bet. At the end, when JJ snaps his neck. Is she still totally immune to his power even with the upgrade, and she was only pretending to be under his control to get him close enough?

Or did she find a loophole? Because he says "Say I love you." and she looks at Trish and says it, which is a loophole moment. And Kilgrave never said to NOT snap her neck.
>>
>>83487139
She's still immune. She looks at Trish. This isn't an issue.
>>
>>83486660
Kilgrave sounds less fake and still gets the point across that he is not someone you wanna mess with
The whole Kevin Thompson or whatever they made his 'real name' be was dumb as fuck to me but I loved Jessica Jones anyway
>>
>>83487471
How you would rank it with S1 and S2 of Daredevil?
>>
>>83486526
>>83486660
Zebediah is also a pretty cool name.
>>
>>83487174
I'm not saying its an issue, I was just unsure. Personally I don't like the idea that she's STILL immune even after he roided up. The fun thing about a character like Kilgrave is loopholes: the bullet in the head, jumping off the roof. It's no fun if she's completely invulnerable to him.
>>
>>83487512
First 4 episodes of S2 DD >>>>>> DD S1 > first like half of JJ > Castle's storyline in DD S2 > The rest of JJ > The rest of DD S2
>>
>>83487702
Absolutely correct taste, anon.
>>
>>83487512
I can't say because I'm not a fan of Daredevil and while I enjoyed his series a lot it didn't make me go "Wow I love this thing it's amazing!"
I'm biased towards JJ because I personally liked it more in all aspects but probably DareDevil is objectively better
>>
>>83487512
JJ > DD S1 > DD S2
>>
File: daredevil3tvf-1-web.jpg (18 KB, 400x603) Image search: [Google]
daredevil3tvf-1-web.jpg
18 KB, 400x603
Could he beat Fisk in a fight?
>>
>>83487873
>Hey Fisk, kindly jump off that cliff over there will ya?
and he does
>>
File: bert_delton[1].png (538 KB, 585x531) Image search: [Google]
bert_delton[1].png
538 KB, 585x531
>implying Grant Ward isn't the best MCU villain of all time
>>
>>83487873
he beats everyone in a fight. if he wasn't so obsessed with his JJ waifu he'd be fuckin unstoppable
>>
>>83487873
Are both parties preparing for an altercation, or is this something where thy just ran into each other? Because if it's the second one, Fisk ends up jumping off of a building with no struggle, and if it's the first one, Fisk just sends people to snipe Kilgrave from far away, like JJ and crew could have done the whole time.
>>
File: kingrave.jpg (202 KB, 860x960) Image search: [Google]
kingrave.jpg
202 KB, 860x960
>>83487943
If I recall, Fisk has a strong enough will that Purple Man doesn't have an effect on him in the comics.
>>
>>83488004
Here's a question. Does he have to speak for his power to work? Can he walk around wearing a giant sign that says "DONT HURT ME" and be untouchable?
>>
>>83487822
>implying

TIME FOR SOME HARD AS FACTS

DD S1 > DD S2 Episodes 1-4 > DD S2 Episodes 5-13 during any Frank scene > JJ > DD S2 Episodes 5-13 when Frank isn't in the frame
>>
>>83488046
>Can he walk around wearing a giant sign that says "DONT HURT ME" and be untouchable?
I think so. Didn't he do some hand motions one time in the show and it worked? As long as the person gets that he has told them to do something, the effect takes.
>>
>>83488070
>>83487732
>>
>>83488035
Based Fisk.
>>
>>83487980
This is true, but Purple Man is also very high on the list
>>83488035
Well I didn't know this
I guess then he would just mind control other people to take down the Kingpin? Maybe some of his own men?
>>
File: kingrave.jpg (620 KB, 2835x2220) Image search: [Google]
kingrave.jpg
620 KB, 2835x2220
>>83488035
>>
>>83486526
I don't mind the fact that he created "Kilgrave" at all, but they could've made his real name Zebediah Tompson instead of Kevin.

Zebediah sounds British enough to me that I wouldn't have doubted it.
>>
File: batman_ivy_5.png (551 KB, 513x517) Image search: [Google]
batman_ivy_5.png
551 KB, 513x517
>>83488294
>Zebediah sounds British
>>
>>83488070
Hey, the parts of DD S2 with Kingpin were also pretty good.
>>
>>83488367
What did I say wrong?

I'm not British or American. Sounds like an olden name that a pompous (or aspiring to be) British family would give their son.
>>
>>83488495
Okay, but the non-Punisher, non-Kingpin, full of Elektra S2?
>>
>>83488919
not a single problem with it.
/co/ simply can't take it when a woman has her own agenda
>>
>>83488035
Anyone else besides him and Doom who are immune through pure willpower? Because that is a pretty damn major character trait having Doom level willpower.
>>
>>83490463
Wonder Man could break free, but not through willpower.
>>
>>83490289
Electra didn't have agency. Her entire relationship with Matt was planned out for her by Stick. Her willingness to kill when Matt isn't is a source of personal conflict and self-loathing. And that's not even going into how a large part of her story was the whole Black Sky thing, which was left unexplained as a cliffhanger. Elektra was shit.
>>
>>83491308
>>83487732
>>
>>83490463
>>83490788
Ionic-based characters are resistant to his powers (Wonder Man, Atlas, ect). Daredevil is also resistant, but that's because his blindness means his powers don't work on him perfectly.
>>
Ward would shit all over him
>>
>>83491428
Exactly, but that's not willpower, is it?
>>
>>83486494
No, but almost
>>
Nah, he's a pile of dogshit.
>>
Kilgrave vs Jesse Custer in Word-mode. Who wins?
>>
>>83487139
Zebediah faked his death to escape. He made Jessica think she killed him. Really he turned purple and made everyone think he looked normal. He'll be back
>>
>>83487702
That is actually pretty great Anon

Good job
>>
>>83487822
>>
>>83487661
>I was just unsure.

Why?
>>
>>83487980
I've just started watching Agents of Shield.
I don't know if I'll be able to continue when I get to the Hydra reveal that I've been spoiled about. Right now Ward is carrying the entire show for me.
>>
File: hi kevin.jpg (42 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
hi kevin.jpg
42 KB, 500x509
>>83486526
>>
>>83487661
But JJ is a female in a the MCU, she is UNTOUCHABLE in ALL WSYS unless she gives confirmed concent!
>>
Dude always dresses to the nines.
>>
Comics did it better.

It worked more when he could control JJ whenever he wanted, but he wanted her to accept him without the powers.

It rubbed me the wrong way how they changed that to JJ being completely immune to him because she spent so long around him (even though his parents spent even longer and they weren't immune.) It just removed him as a threat.

It was better when you knew he could win at any moment but decided against it.
>>
>>83504696
>It just removed him as a threat.
He never felt like one to begin with, so that's not really an issue.
>>
>>83504696
>JJ being completely immune to him because she spent so long around him
I thought it was because she killed Luke's wife, and the psychological trauma of that caused immunity.
>>
>>83488367
More British than Croatian, that he's supposed to be in the comics.
Not mentioning Killgrave.
>>
>>83486494
>Power level discussion incoming
If Kilgrave told told an Inhuman to do something that went against Hive's will, who's influence would win?
>>
Jessica Jones the show would have been alot weaker without her. The guy had great likability for such a evil character. So yes he will be missed
>>
>>83505333
>likability
But he was as dull as the rest of that shit show.
>>
>>83490788
>>83491428
Also in Emperor Doom he rounded up all the artificial life forms due to them being resistant even with the huge magnifier prism so it seems they are mostly immune.

Logically immunity would extend to: AIs, Vampires, really alien beings, things that don't have their biological processes accessible (ghost rider, Ghost while intangible for example) and those who would be mystically protected like current Sorcerer Supremes Strange, Magik, probably Clea) or the likes of Juggernaut.
>>
>>83504730
That is correct.
>>
>>83505360
But as for willpower, the only two that are known to be able to block out Killgrave through sheer willpower are Fisk and Doom, right?
>>
>>83505425
Correct as far as i know.
>>
>>83503134

He's so much better as Hydra
>>
>>83505360
Magik could PROBABLY beat him with just willpower without relying on being Sorcerer Supreme of Limbo or a Hell Lord, it is probably a moot point though. Trying to mind control her would mean you were trying to dominate a Sorcerer Supreme via non magical means AND usurp a Hell Lord, i don't think Killgrave wants to get held down by the Vishanti while Dorrammu, Mephisto and Sy'm take turns cornholing him with a dildo that is actually a fragment of Shuma Gorath.
>>
>>83487984
nigga ear plugs gun unstoppable my ass iron man thor captain america this nigga stays in the shadows because he doesnt want attention someone knowing his powers is his biggest weakness
>>
>>83505610
The whole ear plugs thing was something I wanted to ask. Do you think it would still impact people if they were reading his lips?
>>
>>83488737
'wrong' is pushing it, but Zebediah is a name used almost exclusively in the States and some African countries that missionaries went to.

I mean it's stats, so I guess someone in Britain could be called that right now, but it'd be a notable anomaly.
>>
>>83505687
Yeah. If you're affected by his power, if you can understand his communication, you obey him.
>>
>>83487984
Unless someone just shoots him on sight. Like what Nuke wanted to do from the start.
>"oh no, how did they know that stabbing me with bullets was my one weakness!!!"

But in Marvel 616 it seems that only Punisher has the super power of being aware that the overwhelming majority of people are vulnerable to being shot in the face.
>>
>>83505805
>shoots
Hell, someone stealthy enough to sneak up on him and slit his throat would be enough.
Speaking of knives, could he be able to control anyone if you stick a knife in his mouth and turn his tongue into an unusable bloody mess?
>>
>>83505802
Text messages? Writing? Charades?
>>
>>83486494
No? Kilgrave was kind of a bitch. He was a little child who refused to take responsibility for his own actions.
>>
>>83506002
I want this trend of manchild villains to die. I'm just sick of them at this point.
What happened to villains who still have depth and are evil, so they don't need the "this villain is evil because he's a big child and children are evil and cruel" as a crutch to be compelling.
>>
>>83506044
Kilgrave was great in his first few appearances. He was menacing and brought a lot of tension to every scene he was in. Then they actually had him on screen and went into his backstory and you realize he's just a five year old throwing a very very long temper tanturm.
>>
>>83504730
>>83504696
>>83505403
It was the prolongued exposure and her better than average immune system / low-grade regen powers.

>>83506085
The temper tantrum makes him pathetic, but not nonthreatening. He's unpredictable and unnecessarily cruel. I think they did justice to the story, and the psychology of the show was a welcome change of pace from Daredevil. I liked it, and can't see why so many people here hate the show. They tried something different and it worked in some ways. It's not like they were gonna use the characters for anything else.
>>
>>83506111
I'm not saying I hated the show. I enjoyed it (even if it was frustrating at times), but I hated Kilgrave and that fact that he's so well liked here is incredibly disturbing.
>>
>>83506111
> but not nonthreatening. He's unpredictable and unnecessarily cruel.
I disagree. He's the definition of unthreatening.
It's impossible to take him seriously with how pathetic he is. I'm not saying that pathetic villains who are genuinely terrifying don't exist, but Kilgrave wasn't one of them.

"unpredictable and unnecessarily cruel" doesn't make a scary and threatening villain. It gives you a Freddy Krueger or Mason Verger, and those at least had a semblance of charm unlike Kilgrave.
> psychology of the show
It was extremely dull for a show that wants to be a psychological thriller and so were the elements that make a thriller. I can see how people who only watch capeshit and never picked a proper psychological thriller in their lives can think it's a good show, though.
>>
>>83506184
I feel you, anon. Everywhere I go I see how people call him the most terrifying and best villain ever.
I don't understand where the universal praise comes from.
>>
>>83505910
>>83505802
Could he just make a post on tumblr, twitter, whatever that says "kill yourself" and everyone who sees it actually does it?
>>
>>83487980
He died for our sins.
>>
>>83498713
Whoever speaks first.

Unless Jesse throws a punch, then Kilgrave is screwed.
>>
>>83503134
Well he continues to carry the show even after.
>>
>>83487980
I still can't believe they killed him. Literally the best thing on Agents of Shield.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.