[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you guys say anything positive about this event? Or is 100%
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: detail.jpg (82 KB, 550x845) Image search: [Google]
detail.jpg
82 KB, 550x845
Can you guys say anything positive about this event?
Or is 100% terrible?
In short, what went right with House of M, if anything?
>>
>>83483037
Also, kinda related, I've heard that you gotta read Avengers Disassembled before this in order to understand what's going on.
Is that true? If so, should I?
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>83483037
Nothing went right, not memeing.
>>83483100
Only to see Wanda going insane and wrecking Avengers.
>>
>>83483037
Its a good event. What resulted from it is whats terrible.
>>
File: 1436762968360.jpg (390 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1436762968360.jpg
390 KB, 1200x1200
>>83483037
>House of M,
Hummm, maybe that should be added to this year's list.
>>
>>83483298
So I guess I shouldn't read either?
From what I can tell, some, if not all, of what happens in Disassembled gets retconned during Children's Crusade, doesn't it?
>>
>>83483347
Oh boy, is that happening this year too?
Will it become a tradition?
>>
>>83483347
Jesus fuck
I only recognize half of that list but... Christ.
>>
>>83483442
Civil War 2.
>>
>>83483578
Ultimates end
>>
>>83483598
Secret Wars 2016
>>
>>83483347
>Girls
>Bad
>>
>>83483037
I'd say it's a fun read if you just take it as an elseworlds story
>>
So, Im new to /co. How do you read all this storytime books? Mean its not so comfortably to open and close this pics in the thread.
>>
It was cool seeing Spider-man happy and well-liked. At least for awhile.
>>
>>83483037
A world where mutants reign is pretty interesting as a concept.

I kinda liked that Quicksilver was really the one behind it.

The art is nice sometimes.

That's about it.
>>
Wish somebody could story time that arc when spiderman was raped by a spider queen as old as cap and got turned into a spider
>>
>>83483037
It makes other events look better in comparison.
>>
It's meh but better than most of the marvel events.
>>
>>83483037
Haven't read it and don't plan to read it in the near future. I just vaguely know some consequences that it had on the MU. Can anyone briefly explain why it was so bad?
>>
>>83483667
A.) just don't read it then you fucking faggot
B.) download the stories instead and read it on your own you fucking faggot
C.) save the images and read them that way you fucking faggot
>>
>>83486304
More unwarranted shitting on Hawkeye
More unwarranted shitting on Scarlet Witch
No more mutants
>>
>>83483037
The tie ins were good
>>
>>83483347
>ghost riders
Fuck you, it was good
>>
>>83483347
No Gay for Justice?
>>
>>83483347
House of M isn't at all that offensive to read.

Do Schism, AvX or Battle of the Atom. Actually, do all of them.
>>
>>83483037
Peter wants to kill Wanda and Eric. That was enough for me.
>>83483100
No, Wanda went nuts and killed some irrelevant characters.
>>
>>83483037
Cool art, a great hook, and some pretty damn legit character designs can't save it from a plot that doesn't know where it's going and an ending that's costco brand TWISTtm. Even so it has great moments. When Wolverine wakes up, that moment Peter wonders if MJ is actually better off without him, everything with Hawkeye. It could do with a movie revamp like Civil War except it'd be MUCH harder to wing cause of Mutants being prominent. I can imagine you could make a crazy good story from the scraps of this one.

Got a soft spot for it cause it was my second big event as a kid.
>>
>>83483037
>Can you guys say anything positive about this event?
Cap got a happy end.
>>
>>83486481
>No more mutants
It was fun to see how they were killed in Messiah Complex, Messiah War and Second Coming.
>>
I, ah, liked HoM.
>>
>>83483037
>Can you guys say anything positive about this event?
Layla Miller was fun in X-Factor later.

But honestly, I didn't even mind the decimation era.
It eventually overstayed its welcome and fizzled out with fucking Schism and AvX, but over all it allowed a bunch of good writers to explore a bunch of different themes with the X-Men for a while.
>>
>>83483037
It's not a bad event as events go. Much better than Avengers Disassembled, mostly because of the art. (The art in Disassembled is terrible except for a few flashback pages by Coipel. This is all Coipel.)

The plot is silly - built around irrelevant "mysteries" and out-of-character shock twists as Bendis events tend to be - but at core it's an alternate-universe What If fantasy and not a bad one.

The reason it gets a lot of hate is the twist at the end, which:

a) Changed the X-Men status quo for years and was the real beginning of Marvel shitting on the X-Men to prop up the non-X characters;

b) Turned the Scarlet Witch unusable for years, and still hasn't really fully worn off her character. (Unlike Avengers Disassembled, where everything she did was easily fixed.) It's classic character assassination for the sake of a gimmick, and fans of the character (who do exist) are still pissed about it.

But is it a bad event? Not really; it makes more sense than Civil War and is better than most of the events that followed.

On the other hand it's one of three events that got Marvel back into event culture after they had gone without any for a few years... so that it's not terrible is just one more reason to resent all the shitty events that it led to.
>>
>>83483667
I had an addon that autoopens all images in the thread ON the thread. All i had to do was scroll down while closing/minimizing the pages i finished.

Not on the pc right now but i think it was 4chanx
>>
The event is fine if you're not a filthy mutie-lover.
Even if you are you'd have to admit that it made the post-Morrison X-Men era much better.
>>
The spider-man mini is pretty coooooool.
>>
>>83483347

Add Trouble to this list, senpai.
>>
>>83489042
Because of this event everyone still thinks Wanda is ominpotent or potentially omnipotent. That will never really go away.

To be fair characters like her are most vulnerable to power creep (she, Jean and Sue are all different versions of the same character and every writer tries to inflate their powers).
>>
>>83483347
add Whor
>>
>>83483037
Art was good.
tie ins where good.
bendis did shat the bed so bad there.
it was bretty goo anon
>>
File: nromal guy.jpg (113 KB, 505x581) Image search: [Google]
nromal guy.jpg
113 KB, 505x581
>>83486721
No, no, no.
It was the manga.
>>
>>83483442
Every comic con weekend.

When is it this year anyway?
>>
>>83483037
XFAG here

House of M is actually a good event, the consequences were terrible, but as an event it is much better than Civil War, World War Hulk.
I think it was even original and influential, as in, the Kubik-Pleasant Hills event of this year in the Avengers franchise was a rehash of House of M.

I wish it never happened but it was not a bad story at all.
>>
>>83489969
Wanda was still omnipotent in Avengers vs X-Men many years later, to the point that the only thing the Phoenix 5 were afraid of was Wanda, the Avengers used machines that made them look like Wanda to scare the X-Men, and the event ended with Wanda making Hope say "no more Phoenix"

Wanda has become a scarecrow for mutants, like going to a Bar Mitzvah with a Hitler mask.
>>
>>83490995
Or a Rotten Tomato shirt in a BVS theater.
>>
>>83490995
And now they're denying she is a mutant (out of pure spite, it doesn't change the shared rights problem with Fox), and if you believe this stupid retcon then she's a non-mutant who killed mutants for the lulz.
>>
>>83483037
Magneto's regime was stylish as fuck
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.