[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: BvS logo.jpg (17 KB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
BvS logo.jpg
17 KB, 480x269
What were your favorite scenes in the movie? I personally liked the scene of Lex's party. Clark tailing Bruce, using his super-hearing to listen to the conversation between Bruce and Alfred. Then when Diana stole Bruce's drive and Clark left to save the girl in Mexico. That was great.

I also enjoyed Bruce's employee yelling "I work for Bruce Wayne!" after getting arrested. It really showed how much the employees care about Bruce and the pride they gained by working for him.

I liked the majority of this movie. Most of the scenes were good to me, these were just a few of my favorites.
>>
>>83476292
Batman's intro scene. That whole sequence in the house with the cops and him hiding in the ceiling corner was godly.
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
>>83476292
Favorite scene in the movie was when Superman protects Lex from abomination's fist after Lex earlier told him about how his dad used to hit him

Good bit of symbolism there
>>
>>83476292
>What were your favorite scenes in the movie?
The end credit roll.
>>
How many times will "hamfisted" be used in this topic?
>>
>>83476323
I like how it also means that the GCPD has grown in skill. Gordon must have had a good effect on them.
>>
I hated the movie but some of the scenes were really good. Superman standing in the flames after the explosion is one that stands out.
>>
>>83476292
All the ones with whoever Fishburne is playing.
Literal meme character.
Wouldn't be surprised if /tv/ makes him a meme when the bluray is up in torrent sites.
>>
>>83476292
The courthouse scene. The whole movie was unintentionally hilarious but that was the funniest scene by far. In fact, had the movie actually been meant to be a comedy, I would say that scene was masterfully directed. The buildup of ridiculous shit with the signs outside and Superman solemnly walking in while dressed in full costume, the senator's slow realization and reaction, the punchline with the sudden explosion, and Superman standing in the flames like an asshole was the cherry on top.
>>
File: 1.jpg (80 KB, 960x943) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
80 KB, 960x943
The best scene was probably the final battle sequence.

Wish it had more action, but it was great.
>>
>>83476612
We should make a bingo bvs thread

>DKEK
>MARTHA
>Evans post
>Shill
>>
>>83478138
>whoever Fishburne is playing.
Perry Black
>>
>>83478560
>saving the guy that kidnapped your mom, bombed the congress and unleashed a giant monster on the city from the monster he himself created

more like Supercuck
>>
There's one shot in the mausoleum scene where BRuce opens the door and the light streams in, and it basically goes black-and-white for a few seconds as he walks in. It's the closest Snyder has ever gotten to faithfully transposing comic-styling into live-action. It's an absolutely glorious single image, it really feels like a comic panel brought to life.

I liked the image of young Bruce being lifted up by the bats, if only because I thought it was preparing us for a far weirder and more dreamlike movie then what we actually got.

All the Wonder Woman scenes were pretty good.

That's all I've got.
>>
My own favorite was the "Day of the Dead" sequence. Amid the more dour scenes, unhappy people, and lack of action, it's really relieving to have some levity and just show Supes saving folks.

Part of it's the music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnNwMiOWDM0
>>
>>83478690
>doesn't like Superman acting like Superman
I guess these are the kinds of people who didn't like the movie.
>>
>>83478715
Oh you mean the scene where he is SMILING saving ppl? No no anons dont remind the drones that scene was in the movie. Superman WAS NEVER HAPPY.
>>
>>83478715
Superman seemed miserable saving people.
>>
The day of the dead scene reminded me of that shitfest called Spectre and the great Bond song by Sam Smith
>>
>>83478803
Nah, he just didn't like that they treated him like a god for doing so.
He's here to help not to be worshipped for being able too.
>>
>>83478912
But he also looked unhappy in the other parts where nobody was fawning over him, like with the boat and the rocket.
>>
>>83478975
In the rocket save and the boat scene it just looked like he was straining and using all his strength.
>>
>>83478715
The MUSIC was amazing in this movie. It really drove home the emotional aspects, especially the Batman scenes, the courthouse scene, and Superman's death and funeral.
>>
>>83479730
The music was good but it was used poorly most of the time, being way too melodramatic in a lot of scenes.
>>
>>83479989
Do you have any scene in mind? I thought it worked well throughout the movie. It fit the tone properly, I think.
>>
>>83481151
There were a few but the one that comes to mind right now is Bruce's dream where he goes to the mausoleum. Far too bombastic, should have been more subtle. Not like you could ever hope for subtlety in a Snyder movie.
>>
>>83476292
Best Wayne murders ever filmed
The Knightmare scene, weird as it was
That brief moment when Superman starts to get the upper hand in the fight and his old Man of Steel theme rises in the background
That's pretty much it, everything else about the movie hurts to think about
>>
>>83481372
>That brief moment when Superman starts to get the upper hand in the fight and his old Man of Steel theme rises in the background
The sound effect and the smirk really sold that for me. I wish he had won after that and convinced Bruce to join him, but then the Martha scene wouldn't have happened. Oh well.
>>
>>83478803
>superman is a symbol of hope and is always smiling

I've always preferred the pre-crisis version my self
>>
>>83481151
The part where Bats sees Wondy's old picture and her theme kicks in really made me roll my eyes.
>>
Batmans intro and the warehouse fight are the only two I can think of.
>>
The opening with Bruce was genuinely very good, except for the part with the other guy inside the building. Both the fact that he hadn't already evacuated and the poor presentation of him just calmly praying as the building went down made that part fucking dumb.
>>
>>83482946
I dunno, I liked it. Reminded me of that DCAU Superman episode where Batman shows up and his theme starts playing.
>>
The Wayne Murders were shot beautifully, honestly my favourite live-action rendition yet.

The start of the titular fight, before it really gets heavy, where Supes is like 'you don't understand' and Batman gets up in his face and shouts 'I UNDERSTAND!'. Snyder's direction usually leads to very dull performances but I felt like Affleck packed a ton of emotion into that line.

Visually, the film was beautiful for the most part EXCEPT in the fight sequences. The Doomsday fight was especially bland, which made me sad because my favourite part of MoS was how dynamic the fights were. But in this film, shots like the one where Superman catches Lois and some of those of Batman preparing for the fight in the ruined building were really beautiful.

I dislike Snyder as a director but I hope to hell they keep Larry Fong on as a cinematographer. Currently, the visuals are the one place where DC are leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.