[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hydra cap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10
File: cap-salutes-hitler.jpg (329 KB, 600x561) Image search: [Google]
cap-salutes-hitler.jpg
329 KB, 600x561
Am I the only person who got over the hail hydra twist? I was shocked and upset, yes, but then I remembered that the writers over the years didn't have this hydra storyline in mind. We don't have to believe everything the comic says.
>>
Only moviefags, casuals and progressive /tumblr/ people care about Captain America.
>>
For anyone who was even momentarily upset:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliffhanger
>>
>>83472330
Eh, I got over it just because I actually have long term memory and know that twists and cheap shocks are how the mainstream cape industry has worked for decades.

It will just be some minor blip in the character's history or somehow an actually meaningful change, no harm done.

I still sympathize with people who hate it, Steve isn't really a saint, but he's still had his share of idealistic moments, and being a Hydra agent can appear to be flippantly disregarding those moments.

But then again, if it were say, John Walker, nobody would give a shit about the twist. He's already Hydra in all but name, by modern Marvel standards.
>>
>>83472330
Kapitän Amerika could be kinda cool, depending on which way Spencer goes with it.
>>
>>83472749
And what are you?
>>
>>83472330
i didnt even get that upset desu cause i trust spencer lol
>>
File: 0.jpg (35 KB, 350x266) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
35 KB, 350x266
>>83472330
>Am I the only person who got over the hail hydra twist?
I am surprised there was so much buthurt in the first place.

It's like no one had ever experienced the "hero get brainwashed into being evil" trope. Like, what's next? Are people going to get mind blown when they learn the Big Bad was the father of the hero all along?
>>
>>83473225
writer's promised it's not brainwashing, for all that's worth.
>>
>>83472330
Congratulations OP, you're a sane, well-adjusted human being.
>>
>>83473273
Yeah just like the writer promised Red Hulk wasn't General Ross.
>>
>>83473225
Because the people whining about it are moviefags who have never read a comic.
>>
>>83473308
Or that Peter Parker was 100% dead forever and never coming back
>>
>>83473317
Even movie fags should know about this trope.
>>
>>83472330
Real Cap fans are too busy being annoyed at how he's writing Zemo.
>>
>>83473331
Honestly, moviefags would be far less likely to understand that twists and exploitative drama is a very old trope in the comics industry, because any halfway successful cape movie would be distilling into ~two hour (or so) chunks what would otherwise be spread across years, if not decades of comics.
That builds up very false assumptions about how cape continuities and franchises are formed, that really has nothing to do with how the mainstream comic industry actually works.
>>
File: 1457209615004.jpg (163 KB, 1270x1006) Image search: [Google]
1457209615004.jpg
163 KB, 1270x1006
>Capfags think it will stick
>Capfags think Spencer is being honest about it not being brainwashing or some other kind of copout
Captain America is not some D-lister like Phil Urich, he will not stay "evil" for long.
Heroic Phil, pls come back. I miss you ;_;
>>
>>83472330
Maybe it's all an elaborate ploy by Spencer so that he can have Captain America fight the migrant crisis.

Red Skull and Captain America team-up, and then you can just say it was brainwashing or Cosmic Cube fuckery.

In all honestly I think most people are over it, it's just a meme now.

Marvel deserves all the "anti-Semitism" shit they're getting though, they're the ones who courted the SJW crowd, and now they're the ones who have to deal with being called literal Nazis. Tumblr will become the new comic code authority for these dumb fucks.
>>
>>83473632
Capfags don't think that though, Moviefags do and writers expect people to.
>>
>>83473934
>Marvel deserves all the "anti-Semitism" shit they're getting though, they're the ones who courted the SJW crowd, and now they're the ones who have to deal with being called literal Nazis.

That's one of the biggest lessons that all content creators need to learn. Do not pander to the SJWs. Do not try to appease them, do not capitalize on them, just ignore them. Because if you think you can make a buck appealing to them, you better be ready to constantly walk on eggshells, because what sets those lunatics off on any given day is seemingly pulled at random from a hat of manufactured offenses.
>>
>>83472330
That you were shocked and upset at all makes me think a massive fucking casual who had never read a comic before this. And probably from tumblr.
>>
File: CapNazi.jpg (55 KB, 340x484) Image search: [Google]
CapNazi.jpg
55 KB, 340x484
It's not as it never happened before
>>
>>83472749
The only good reason to stay upset is because hydra has extensive nazi ties. Cap was made by Jack kirby, a jew. That's a slap in the face to a comic pioneer, publicity stunt or not.
>>
>>83474751
I'm upset because they did this at all, just for publicity. There are other stupid ways to gain publicity
> brand new day
>>
>>83472330
On an unrelated note, Red Skull looks like a complete doof in that swastika jumpsuit.

>It is I, ze dastardly Nazi janitor! Watch as I dust up ze remains of ze filthy Jews!
>>
I've seen posts going around on tumblr about don't wear Hydra merchandise otherwise you're an actual Nazi supporter. I don't mind movie fans, but sometimes I really hate them.
>>
>>83479438
They're probably just kidding around
>>
>>83479609
https://takashi0.tumblr.com/post/145393576852/badgengar-brutamodsarttub-mulpplum/embed

42,965 notes
>>
>>83479438
With all due respect, it's main leaders were big nazis (i.e. zemo, strucker, red skull. Even if their ideologies chanhed, they were still working under hitler.)
>>
>>83479941
Hydra didn't show up in the comics until 1965. They used Cap's WWII villains, which were Nazis, to join a new but separate organization after they had left in order to keep on villaining. Hitler was long dead by this time. Some of these characters were previously Nazis, but very little of Hydra's ideology has to do with hating Jews or giving any fucks about Germany. That's why I'm sick of this oversimplification. Hydra is not about muh holocaust. Evil people flock from one evil organization to another does not mean Hydra itself has anything to do with Hitler. That's like saying the Catholic church is a pedorapist religion because some priests diddled young boys.
>>
>>83472330
>Am I the only person who got over the hail hydra twist?
I still don't get why everyone is butthurt. I mean, there are so many logical explainations (Going by comic-book logic) as to this twist:
>He's pretending in order to infiltrate them
>He's been hypnotized/brainwashed/mentally conditioned
>It's a Skrull/Clone/Shapeshifter that has taken his place.
>>
>>83480405
But it's heavily implied his mother joined hydra.
>>
>>83480546
I'm guessing they're going to go with Steve having joined a pre-Nazi branch of Hydra.
>>
>>83478317
B8
>>
>>83479438
I've seen black people wear Hydra t-shirts, lol
>>
>>83479872
Someone tell her Cobra was based on Hydra.
>>
File: megatron1c[1].jpg (36 KB, 306x300) Image search: [Google]
megatron1c[1].jpg
36 KB, 306x300
>>83473225

>Beast Machines has a lot of cool concepts and twists. It's a shame every single one of the characters was painfully unlikable.
>>
>Nobody mentions Jack Flagg
;_; guy just wanted to help, now he's either dead or back in a wheel-chair, or worst, sent to current GotG.
>>
>>83480820
Only perfect thing about beast machines was jetstorm
>>
>>83480546
The entire flashback is black and white with red hues. The woman who we see introducing his mother to Hydra has a red hat and scarf, the only items on any character in the flashbacks that wasn't black or white.

One of the main antagonists for this arc is Red Skull, who has Professor X's psychic powers. Red Skull, a character who has used things like Cosmic Cubes before in the past to fuck with people and make them think their pasts were completely different from how they actually were. Red Skull, who had a run-in with Steve in the event book that kicked off his new Captain America series, an event book written by the same writer, Nick Spencer.

It's pretty obvious that Red Skull is just fucking with Cap again.
>>
>>83473273
Timeline:
- Cap is created as the symbol for all that is America goodness.
- Red Skull is created and instantly develops a hate-boner for Cap that over time warps into something weird.
- There's an Ice timeout. Blaw-Blaw-Blaw.
- Modern era Red Skull (actually a clone of the original) saves Hitler's Braaaaain! Oh, wait... that was the telepathic mutant ProfessorX's brain.
- One mad-science brain surgery later... the Red Skull can now control anyone's mind with stolen mutant mindcontrol powers.
- 2 Half-assed attempts at world domination through brute force later the Red Skull escapes from irony-prison and goes into politics. Hearts and minds, people!
- Cap suddenly Hails Hydra.
- /co/ suddenly ignores the rules about spoilers because of Omega-level butthurt.
- The stupid gullibility of humanity as represented by /co/ pushes me to alcoholism and despair.
>>
>>83482360
Kek. I thought red skull lost his psychic mutant powers.
>>
>>83473328
>>83473308
Both of these.
>>
>>83478317
Kirby and Stan Lee did the drawing in the Op, anon. Kindly shut the fuck up.
>>
>>83484635
But the image was a ruse
>>
File: CZ3fC6fWcAEJd5A.jpg (131 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CZ3fC6fWcAEJd5A.jpg
131 KB, 600x600
>>83484635
>kirby did the drawing, it's legit
>>
>>83472330
As soon as I saw it, I knew it was cheap shock fodder. Watch: everyone's pissy about it now, but in about 6 months or so, they'll reveal that Cap was brainwashed all along, or something like that.
>>
>>83485073
Wow! This comes as a revelation. Thank you for explaining this! No one has had this idea before, much less posted it on /co/.
>>
File: 2IbwHWE.png (223 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
2IbwHWE.png
223 KB, 900x720
The only reason I dont like it is because it gives more publicity to Marvel's resident Hillary shill, Nick Spencer.
>>
>>83472330
I was immediately excited. The issue overall was a bit of a drag and the dialogue felt super pointless at times, but when Cap said ''Hail Hydra'' and threw that guy out of that plane, I was on board.

Haven't read too many Cap comics in my life, so that's probably why I'm super ok with everything. Also, I love when heroes go bad, or ''bad''.
>>
File: 123416.jpg (38 KB, 450x570) Image search: [Google]
123416.jpg
38 KB, 450x570
>>83482360
And this gentlemen, right here, is why I don't even bother to read the comics.
>>
>>83486144
Christ, this post makes me want to drink heavily and just ... just forget.
>>
>>83472330
Why the literal fuck were you 'shocked and upset' over a generic ,stock, good-turns-evil storyline?

Seriously?

Were you born fucking yesterday? Or have you never heard of DC or Marvel comics before your friends posted the 'hail hydra' page on your facebook you fucking normie?

I don't even follow Captain America and even I know that it's just another brainwashing storyline that will go away by next issue. The only person who is feeling shocked or betrayed by it are actual retards.
>>
>>83488214
Because it's nothing more than cheap shock value in a long line of marvel jumping the shark? You act as if people can't be mad about it regardless, it's still a shit move that's going to fuck up the cap books for years.
>>
File: 1456598334218.png (652 KB, 676x676) Image search: [Google]
1456598334218.png
652 KB, 676x676
I was hoping the Hydra Cap stuff would drown out all of the Gay Cap stuff.
>>
>>83484736
And anyone with half a brain knows Cap is being mind controlled or there's some other comic book gimmick afoot.
>>
File: hydracap.jpg (594 KB, 800x1300) Image search: [Google]
hydracap.jpg
594 KB, 800x1300
>>83492355
why not both?
>>
This is such a routine thing in superhero comics that it doesn't even feel like a gimmick.
>>
>>83490498

Nigga this shit has been happening every other day since the fucking 70's
>>
>>83473273
>writer's promised it's not brainwashing, for all that's worth.
That is an outright lie and you know it. That's marketing, because it is the only way they can sell the twist. It is as believable as saying Superman will die and stay dead.
>>
>>83473273
It's worth nothing. And technically rewriting reality isn't brainwashing.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.