[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Men: Apocalypse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 20
File: i6gzgn.jpg (100 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
i6gzgn.jpg
100 KB, 600x887
What did you think of this movie /co/? Just saw it, thought it was pretty enjoyable. Certainly felt like the most X-Men movie so far, even if it has some flaws.

Best parts

>new cast was pretty good, especially Nightcrawler
>Jean going Pheonix mode scene was great
>Wolverine snikting everyone
>liked Storm, want to see more of her
>Fassbender's and McAvoy's acting was great as usual
>Magneto's scenes in Poland
>last scene got me hyped, finally some non-shit costumes

Worst parts
>Apocalypse and Mystique, as expected
>Psylocke was meh
>Angel and Storm were a bit underused
>Jubilee being a glorified cameo
>Quicksilver's scene was jarring and not as good as in DofP, in my opinion he shouldn't have been in this movie

Overall I liked it more than First Class and DofP. I know they're objectively better movies than Apocalypse, but like I said this one felt like the most X-Men movie so far. Excited about what comes next now that the team is finally assembled. Hopefully we'll get a proper team movie in the next installment.
>>
>>83472277
Not enough Scott, Jubs, Pietro, Jean, Kurt and Ororo going on mall adventures.
Too much of everything else.
>>
How did Apocalypse justify taking in someone like Angel to be a horseman when there are so many more powerful mutants out there? For some reason I never remember questioning this in the comics.
>>
>>83472339
Comics Apoc, despite his philosophy, usually doesn't look for the strongest mutants to turn into Horsemen, he just looks for vulnerable personalities willing to join a cult, or sometimes for people who fit a biblical Horsemen theme, in Worthington's case, an "angel of death" image.

Like, he'll get a motherfucker whose power is weak shit like killing plants just to have a "Famine".
>>
Please someone KILL J-Law!
>>
File: x-men 39.jpg (108 KB, 500x730) Image search: [Google]
x-men 39.jpg
108 KB, 500x730
Probably the worst of Singer's X-Men films but still better than anything the MCU has put out since GotG or Iron Man 1. The series has definitely become campier than Singer's original vision but a lot of it really works and at this point it just feels like pure X-Men. Tons of character popping in and out, confusing (but not necessarily important) continuity, melodrama, relationship angst, ideological battles, etc. The thing that keeps it forever above the MCU is the well written characters and Singer's perfect grasp on tone.Apocalypse was stellar, I can't believe the character isn't getting more praise. He's just the Old Testament God walking among us. Incredible badass dialogue, great performance and he actually looked great and intimidating in action despite the Ivan Ooze buzz around the first images.

The main thing that would have killed this is the JLaw wank but it was actually kept to a minimum in the movie despite her being front and center in the advertising campaign.
>>
I honestly found X3 to be better and more enjoyable to watch than this

worst x-men film to date
>>
Probably my third favorite x-film honestly.
Lots of corny, cheesy, bits and it's apparent that Singer doesn't really know how to do a huge blockbuster.

But I still found it really entertaining in that sense overall.
>>
>>83472277
It was train wreck

The x men should be returned to Marvel.

Fox had completely raped this franchise
>>
I liked It

I dont know why its so trashed all the time

Im pretty sure It was better than both avengers movies
>>
It has problems but overall I liked it.

Apocalypse got to be hammy, look ridiculous, and grow big like I wanted.

And the new X-men they introduced I want to see come back in main roles so that was a job well done.
>>
Apoc was the best part of the movie. Oscar Isaac was great
>>
>>83472556
>.Apocalypse was stellar, I can't believe the character isn't getting more praise. He's just the Old Testament God walking among us. Incredible badass dialogue, great performance and he actually looked great and intimidating in action despite the Ivan Ooze buzz around the first images.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this. the amount of cynicism towards it is disappointing, because I really enjoyed his whole protrayal. It started veering off towards the end, but for the most part I liked how calculated and reserved he was. He didn't feel like most recent cape movie villains. I'd go as far to say as I want a similar portrayal for Darkseid.
>>
The only part of this movie I didn't really care for was Mystique. I hate how they've turned her into a focal point of the series rather than a tool of war like she's supposed to be. They got her right in the first 3 films.
Also, that blatantly obvious "mind rape" scene with Charles and Apoc is going to rustle some feathers in the normie crowd.
>>
>>83475329

> I hate how they've turned her into a focal point of the series rather than a tool of war like she's supposed to be

She barely mattered in this movie beyond being a figurehead for younger mutants.
>>
>>83475425
Exactly. Her character isn't some idol to look up to, but they've decided to turn her into Katniss rather than take the character as she is.
>>
>>83475270
Completely agreed.
Isaac took some rather ridiculous lines and was able to play them in the way they needed to be.
Comforting, calculating, and the rest all in spades.

His first scene with Storm was fantastic.
>>
>>83475497

> Her character isn't some idol to look up to

Being one of the first mutants to expose themselves to the mainstream human world while saving the President at the same time? Mutant kids would absolutely look up to her.
>>
>>83475582
>Being one of the first mutants to expose themselves
And she walks around nude.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 889x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 889x375
>>83475329
>bite the pillow Charles, I'm going in dry
Can't believe he said that, Singer went a bit too far in my opinion.
>>
>>83472277
There were some problems, but I liked it overall
>>
>>83472277
Forgettable, completely wasted Apocalypse, all new actors are a complete miscast.
>>
>>83475582
I'm not criticizing her performance or anything. I'm criticizing her decision Fox made, which turned her from behind a single mysterious mutant who followed Magneto, into the fucking leader of the xmen, and a worldwide icon for all mutants. It's the complete opposite of her character. And if they wanted to do that storyline, they shouldn't have used her.
>>
>>83472277
>JLaw Mystique jerk off at an historical high
>Mystique is almost always without make up for some reason
>complete miscast of absolutely everyone aside from McAvoy and Fassbender, and Fassbender phoned in this one
>action drags on for way too long, probably to cover up the fact that there's not much plot
>Magneto's wife that it's basically a plot-device has more character development and lines than Psylocke
>Jean is able to use Phoenix force when she's like 18 and is more powerful than her 30 year old counterpart in X-Men 2
>Apocalypse has absolutely no presence
>the fact that the X-Men struggled to defeat Toad and now their teenage counterparts defeat fucking Apocalypse
>Havok gets cucked into irrelevancy and into a pointless death
>DOFP ending with Stryker having yellow eyes, implying that's Mystique, gets completely ignored
>Wolverine cameo it's just there to say ''Wolverine is in the movie!''
>Jubilee gets like 30 seconds of screentime and DOESN'T USE ANY OF HER POWERS
>Havoc dies and nobody really cares
>Cyclops cries a bit, but there's zero consequences after that
>Magneto's family is killed outta noware by... god? with a misfired arrow
>this is event is never questioned or explained
>Storm is for some reason cool with ending the world
>zero motivation to trust and follow this guy other than a boost of power
>purple sword lady is for some reason cool with ending the world
>zero motivation other than a small boost of power
>Magneto is for some reason cool with ending the world
>even though Magneto never wanted anything like this
(1/2)
>>
>>83475717

Making her field commander at the end was dumb, but I guess it was the only way to keep her around.
>>
>>83475741
>Magneto only wanted mutants to rise and take power, he never wanted to KILL EVERYBODY CUZ FUCK MY FAMILY DID
>for some reason the all powerful purple guy only acquires 4 followers despite knowing that there are far more mutants who could potentially cause a big problem
>despite having access to everyone's mind including direct access to Professor X's mind, purple man ignores Jean Grey entirely
>Magneto just sits in his big tornado until the movie decides it's time to throw shit at purple man
>Magneto kills thousands, if not millions of people for no reason
>Professor X calls him "old friend" and then lets him walk out the door

Overall it's mostly a clusterfuck, and it feels like a movie that came out in 2009 and suffered from the Writer's Strike.
Not that I was any hyped about it, it just came and went.
>>
>>83475649
This shot was exactly what I was talking about. They made it obvious as fuck that Charles was being "raped". I'm just glad it wasn't Jean or another female character or else we'd never get another good xmen movie.
>>
>>83472277
This one just confirms that DOFP should have been the end of the franchise.
This one feels like they just thought
>Okay, it's all over, we had a nice warp up with both the new and old cast.
>OH SHIT WE DIDN'T USE APOCALYPSE
>Yeah, here he is, that's it, goodbye.
>>
>>83475841
Followed by what another reboot?
>>
>>83475865
>another reboot
X-Men has never been rebooted, DOFP just gave a happy ending to everyone.
Besides, everyone's contracts are about to end, and the new cast was in contract for only a trilogy, and Jackman is leaving after Wolverine 3.
>>
>>83475865

Outer Space.

It's the only thing left, time go full bird-people.
>>
File: Iron Man-Zone-035.jpg (45 KB, 332x372) Image search: [Google]
Iron Man-Zone-035.jpg
45 KB, 332x372
>>83475841
>the end of the franchise.
>capes
What did you think you watched, anon.
>>
>>83475952
At least of this franchise.
End in a high tone, and then start again, but it seems like they are just going to milk it dry.
>>
>>83472556
Because apocalypse was a manlet
>>
It wasn't bad, but I didn't find it very satisfying. After it was over, it felt like nothing had really happened despite all that action.
>>
>>83473847
Yeah,no. X3 will never not be the worst xmen movie. This film at least did some things right and has some redeeming qualities, X3 is just shit.
>>
>>83475981
You can absolutely take Apocalypse as a new beginning. There's no telling what will happen in all the years to come until DOFP Wolverine wakes up, except that <gasp> the core heroes don't die.
Or they do, but they come back. X-Men come back more than Jesus.
>>
>>83476153
As much as I hate X3, Grammer's Beast is superb in it.
>I believe it was Churchill who said "There comes a time in every man's life when he must... ARGH, YOU GET THE POINT!"
>>
I think we can all agree Kelsey Grammer is the best thing about X3.
>>
>>83472277
What i liked

>Just about everything with Jean Grey, plus i find redheads Irresistible
>Fassbender is great as Mags as usual
>Quicksilver was good in just about every scene he was in
>Weapon x Wolverine fucking people's shit up
>Storm. Not only is she hot as all fuck but she actually does an accent and doesn't drop that shit mid fucking sentence and looks the part
>Munn as Psylocke

What i didn't like

>Apoc is a fucking manlet. Only time he looks proper is in Xavier's mind when he grows large

>Psylocke didn't stab anyone in the forehead with her "psychic knife"

At least they got some of her powers right this time around and she looks like Psylocke unlike that shit in X3, so theirs that i guess.

>Storm Psylocke and Mags being horsemen didn't sit well with me either

>Jubilee yet again is nothing more than a cameo.

She has speaking lines now unlike the other times she's been in the movies, but they made a big thing about who they were casting for her that i thought she'd have a bigger role and maybe actually use her powers? Guess not. Also where were the fucking shades, man?

>Mystique being the inspiration for mutants everywhere including the likes of Storm and Jean.

Mystique on her own in the comics was always an interesting character. She has most of the time her own agenda even when working with the good guys on occasion. She is at best an anti villain and even then she has always been fairly fucking ruthless.

The movies however remove most interesting things about her. Including her connections to Nightcrawler and Rogue, as well as Azazel. When she was just a henchmen it wasn't so bad since they didn't really delve into her past.

They are only even doing this shit because Jlaw is playing her now and no other reason. So now they are sueing her up and she barely resembles the character she is playing.

Despite this i enjoyed the movie and would give a solid 7 out of 10
>>
>>83476214
Shit how'd i forget that. Ok it has one redeeming quality.
>>
>>83472277
I thought it was just a bit pointless, nothing really changed, no one important really died. Apocalypse just went about and collected his horsemen then there was a fight at the end and that was it.

I thought it was a little underwhelming but hey, if you liked it, then that's fine.
>>
>>83472277
It's a bad movie but I enjoyed it for what it was.
>>
>>83477191
>no one important really died
>If heroes don't die, it's all pointless
You're the reason they killed off Superman
>>
>>83477414
So they can bring him back for Justice League a year later? Nice reasoning.
>>
>>83477491
I guess you don't read comics.
>>
Better than any MCU flick
>>
>>83477513
>so they can bring him back a year later? Nice reasoning.
yeah still doesn't change a thing
>>
File: UNLIMITED POWER.jpg (94 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
UNLIMITED POWER.jpg
94 KB, 853x480
>>83472277
>2277
To me it was just a filler to start the Phoenix Saga that Singer wanted to do years ago.
>they cut mall adventures
>Quicksilver scene felt out place
>Havoc death sucked
>Wolverine scene made no sense and stole time that could be used to show that the kids learned how to use their powers
>They didnt bothered try giving Psylocke a personality
>Storm and Angel were underdevelopped
>Angel shouldn't have died
>Garbage Apocalypse and Mystique
>Garbage fights
>That useless First Class chick
>Stryker scene should have been cut
The movie was good until it was really about Apocalypse.I liked all the new kids but Magnetto should have been the leader of the 4 horsemen and Apocalypse should just be the Apocalypse.

>>83472556
>but still better than anything the MCU has put out since GotG or Iron Man 1.
I don't agree but I respect your opinion.
>>
>>83472277
It was ok, nothing special

Outside of the needlessly brutal opening scene, the destruction and violence were toothless and solely for shock value, more like a Roland Emmerich movie than a cape movie

McAvoy and Fassbender have stopped caring, JLaw never cared

Horsemen outside of Magneto were wasted

Quicksilver was decent with more of a plot presence, but he still only existed for a rehash of his DOFP scene.

The Weapon X/Wolverine sequence was ENTIRELY superfluous, only there to setup future movies and give them costumes (which remain trash)

Dialogue was pretty cheesy, acting was hammy to go along with it (UNLEASH YOUR POWAH)

X-babies were pretty good, but more could've been done with them

Endemic to this series, though, previous secondary cast members are pointlessly killed off and no one really cares

And I really hate Hank not being blue all the time
>>
File: 1486746465132.png (528 KB, 450x640) Image search: [Google]
1486746465132.png
528 KB, 450x640
>>83477491
No, it's going to be 3 days later, like our lord and saviour Jesus Christ.
>>
File: 1458950949423.gif (13 KB, 325x243) Image search: [Google]
1458950949423.gif
13 KB, 325x243
>>83475649
>mfw that line
>>
>>83477526
>all these people pretending to like it just to shit on the MCU
lmao
>>
>>83476961
you have fucking godawful taste.

please drink bleach, failing that stand in front of a train.
>>
>>83472396
this, contrary to popular belief Apocalypse is a glorified LARPer with superpowers
>>
File: apocalypse-180759.jpg (154 KB, 655x330) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse-180759.jpg
154 KB, 655x330
>>83472277
Pros
>like the team line-up
>Quicksilver scene was really funny I thought (i can see why people woulndt like it though)
>new Storm is eons better than the original
>Jubilee was a cute
>I'm a big fan of Cyclops so I'm glad they finally made a movie with the central focus (somewhat) on him
>Weapon X shit
>the fact that the films are always just a bit campier than the Marvel/Disney and DC/Warner films so they can do stupid shit like play Four Horsemen by Metallica whole Archangel gets his wings and poke fun of themselves by having the cast make allusions to the Star Wars films, flat out stating "the 3rd movie is the worst"
>those end costumes being godlike compared to everything else in the franchise
>semon demon Psylocke
Cons
>characters like Blob and Caliban only appearing for two seconds
>Jubilee being in the viral promo more than in the actual movie
>Apocalypse not being that imposing
>the fact that the whole movie is leading up to the "Real" X-Men movie rather than just doing it proper this time around
>>
File: $_57.jpg (138 KB, 700x928) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
138 KB, 700x928
>>83472277
It was enjoyable but had about enough stuff for three movies.
>>
File: Emma Frost.jpg (130 KB, 719x1000) Image search: [Google]
Emma Frost.jpg
130 KB, 719x1000
I really wish this film had focused on a couple core characters and just built a new team of X-Men. It felt like I was being pulled in several different ways.

How could I care about Magneto's family (despite good acting by Fassbender) when they were set up to be killed?

How could I care about Alex when he was shoe horned in to then get killed?

How can I care about Scott and Jean when they got barely any development then BOOM Phoenix?

Why did we need more Mystique? The hero Mystique? Or this or that.

Imagine if they had focused on one person, such as Scott. And built the movie around this new team, changing world. Had silly scenes like the mall scene. The fat really needed trimming and we needed a solid narrative to make all the bad events actually matter and not just be another domino falling.
>>
>>83472556
>Incredible badass dialogue
Vartoon!Apoc had far better dialogue.
>>
SWEET DREAMS ARE
>>
File: il.gif (357 B, 16x11) Image search: [Google]
il.gif
357 B, 16x11
BvS > X-Men: Apoc > Civil War

Every Felicity scene was annoying, but the rest was A++. I can only hope Flash is as great as Quicksilver.
>>
>>83472277
I liked the movie
Apocalypse > Deadpool > Civil War
haters gonna hate

>>83482720
b
>>
>>83482720
*based Jew. With Jews, you never lose
>>
I only really liked Nightcrawler and Quicksilver in this. They did a shitty job presenting Apocalypse; the average viewer probably thinks his powers are charging up other mutants, controlling sand, and ruining hair.
>>
>>83483240
You know, people keep whining, but how do you imagine Apocalypse on big screen? You faggot
>>
>they killed Alex
Damn. I wanted eye punches from the punch dimension to to work with body punches from the punch dimension.

Maximum punches.
>>
>>83483421
The punches still happened.
>>
>>83483291
I hope you made good money from that post.
>>
>>83472277

Okay, Bryan, what kind of tone do you want to set for the destruction of the Mansion? Remember, this isn't just a place to live, this was a school and a sanctuary for the outcast and for a hated minority group. The people who live in this mansion see it as the one place of safety in their lives. Without this mansion, many of them would be completely homeless and without a hope in the world.
>>
>>83483558
I loved the movie. Now, come and fight me.
Civil War is garbage. MCU is garbage, I will shitpost as long as I have to. I want your shitty movies to fail. You make everything stink. You shat on BvS, a movie that was above average, while Civil War was mediocre. Go fuck yourselves. It's a war. A civil /co/ war
>>
>>83483608

Ummm...I know this one. Don't tell me. The best mood for that scene is...

playful and goofy?
>>
>>83483608
You mean, Juggernaut, bitch?
>>
>>83483608
>>83483650
samefag. you should at least wait more than 10 seconds
>>
>>83483708

You think I'm going to rely on someone else for a good punchline to my joke? Think again, buddy!

Joke wouldn't've worked as a single post, anyway.
>>
>>83483726
Your reply makes as much sense as mcu - none.
>>
File: 1464759074802.gif (699 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1464759074802.gif
699 KB, 200x200
>>83472277
>Quicksilver's scene was

Did he really just have one sequence again? I get they fucked themselves making him so fast that he'd be able to instantly and effortlessly defeat Magneto later on in the movie, but was there at least a better excuse this time than "nah I'mma chill"?
>>
>>83483750

Yeah, but I'm still a millionaire.

...oh wait. No, I'm not. Goddammit, you made me sad.
>>
File: Excelsior.png (603 KB, 747x571) Image search: [Google]
Excelsior.png
603 KB, 747x571
> X Men was a mistake
>>
>>83483812
You have shit for brain. I don't understand why do you feel so threatened by a puny movie. It's like the idea of a decent X-Men movie scared you. I agree, the move was far from perfection, but frankly, MCU sucks, don't make me imagine how shitty MCU X-Men would be.
>>
>>83483885

What are you even talking about?

I liked the movie, a lot actually, but he struck the exact wrong tone during the scene where the Mansion exploded. It's like he was told to go to Ralph's and buy some cheese, so he bought paper plates.

Otherwise, fantastic movie.
>>
/co/ / /tv/ love whining about formulaic movies but for some reason this is getting the mother of all passes. What can be more formulaic than saying "You know that scene from last movie people liked? Let's do it AGAIN!"
>>
>>83483927
I don't think it was a stretch, because the mansion explodes very casually in the comics. Havok dying might upset some moviefags, but frankly, the idea of Havok being older brother was triggering, so I'm glad he's gone
>>
>>83483987
I don't see this movie getting a pass, honestly
as a matter of fact, there is this other movie, which gets a pass, despite completely butchering the source material, and despite being so cringey that I cannot uncringe my mouth. People look at me and laugh and point fingers.
>>
Age of Apocalypse is a perfect example of why Stakes/Scalefags are the worst thing to happen to capeshit.

Maybe we just need to get Roland Emmerich to direct a superhero movie so that they can be satisfied and fuck off already.
>>
>>83474445
>>83475113
>>83472556
>>83475270
>>83475550
Glad I'm not the only one who liked Apocalypse. His comic version isn't even that great, so the movie made the most out of it and I can see how they might have borrowed elements from X-Men: Evolution.
>>
>>83484112
I would argue, that movie apocalypse had better costume than comic book. Seriously, how can you resist Apoc, when he looks at jewish bankers and says "disgusting"
>>
>>83472396
But he didn't even look for vulnerable mutants.He took the first he met.
>>
File: kino.jpg (68 KB, 416x540) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
68 KB, 416x540
>>83472277
Most fun I've had with any capefilm all year. Civil War was very good and Deadpool was different but neither of them were that consistently hype. Or hammy. Or rewarding to my trivia-obsessed comicfag side.
RLM has it right. It is the finest quality schlock.
>>
>>83483987
It was very formulaic yet had some charm that I feel other movies are lacking.
>>
File: beautifulanme.jpg (23 KB, 427x366) Image search: [Google]
beautifulanme.jpg
23 KB, 427x366
>>83478068
ikr
kino as fuck
>>
File: 1319320938449.jpg (21 KB, 455x454) Image search: [Google]
1319320938449.jpg
21 KB, 455x454
>>83483987
I'm one of it's staunchest fans here and love the MCU.
Feed me more formula senpai.
Don't generalize.
>>
>>83484109
Don't care.
gibe Onslaught next.
Also Beyonder after Thanos.
>>
>>83484324
One thing that is weird about the movie, is that it has so many flaws, really, but somehow, they didn't make me feel enjoy the movie any less.

it really sucks that fox finally made two great capeshit movies in one year, both deadpool and apocalypse, and they will be discouraged from following apocalypse.

We finally get Rightclops. And reviewers pan him. Fuck my life
>>
>>83484455
Frankly, judging the reviewers, we don't deserve this much fun. We need more grounded X-Men, because apparently, apocalypse was too much fan. Oh woe is me, I'm not surprised that they cut the mall scenes, reviewers would hate the mall cut
>>
>>83484461
>One thing that is weird about the movie, is that it has so many flaws, really, but somehow, they didn't make me feel enjoy the movie any less.
I know what you mean.
>>
>>83477792
>>They didnt bothered try giving Psylocke a personality

They cast olivia munn, we knew this going in

>Angel shouldn't have died

Maybe the next director will bring him back? Like Mr.Sinister finds him? Turns his skin blue? PLEASE, PLEASE BRING HIM BACK!!!
>>
>>83484531
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I mean, I could easily rip this movie to shreds, but it didn't bother me, because there was a LOT of fanservice. For fuck sake, couldn't these people pan X-Men, when we had First Class? Why not? Why, when we finally get X-MEN? Danger Room, X-Men vs Major Mutant Threat on their first mission. Magnetic Force fields? Apocalypse being menacing? They hate the X-Men now, when they do things rights, but they didn't hate the X-Men, when they were butchering the source material. I mean, how do you explain that the movies managed to kill Darwin, a mutant that is supposed to survive everything. And of course, they killed a black character first. And somehow, people praise Vaughn.
>>
>>83484672
I could rip it to shreds but really my major issue was too many characters/side plots.

Personally I just wish we had them make the X-Men. I feel like the movie had to juggle too much past shit (like Mystique) instead of being its own film. I wish we had a movie about the new generation. Them going to the mall and bonding as a team. Silly goofy shit and serious. 1980s cultural stuff. There were so many good bits and most of it was this new team.

But instead this film focussed on too many characters/side plots. So all the big reveals/events felt unearned. Oh Alex dies... he was barely in this franchise. Oh look Phoenix...
>>
>>83484892
Keep in mind that they had to finish the trilogy, they wanted to give a closure to Xavier and Magneto, and frankly, they really did a good job. Magneto can always become a threat, and at least he got the same motivation from comics.

Xavier got bald. I want McAvoy to stay. I really do. Fuck mystique, remove her, pls. Keep the team of: Cyke, Jean, Kurt, Ororor, Hank, Pietro, and Colossus, Sunfire, some newbs.

That's it. Add some classics.

What makes me sad is that Fox finally put some heart into the movie, and they get flack. I am worried, because they will reach a conclusion that is not worth making the X-Men movie.
>>
>>83485083
>they wanted to give a closure to Xavier and Magneto, and frankly, they really did a good job.
Did they? I thought it was the worst ending for them though!

Fassbender really saved those early scenes but it was essentially setting up a family to die. Then at the end he had murdered loads of people and they just left it at that.
>>
>>83485305
Magneto is left ambiguous, obviously, they will want to make him a villain again. However, dude, don't tell me that bald McAvoy didn't give you a boner, when he closes a danger room full of X-Men fighting Sentinels

Funny, I watched interview with McAvoy, he has this shitty Scottish accent, but in movies, he speaks like 100% brit.

Magneto's scenes were really good, they lifted them from comics, but they didn't make them strawmen. This is something that I really like about this movie, because mutants are accepted, until Apocalypse happens.

Magneto got the slack, because media reported him to be a savior, that's they way it is, but keep in mind, that at any moment, someone might reveal that he actually wasn't a savior, but a murderer.

Anyway, it's not unlike in the comics frankly, it's not like Magneto is not leading an x-men team currently, despite his crimes.
>>
I don't think I've ever seen a comic book movie comic book that hard, while also still being pretty damn good. Jesus. It completely embraced its source, and definitely benefited from it.
>>
File: 1455582826871.jpg (31 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1455582826871.jpg
31 KB, 403x403
>Nightcrawler had a scene where he shows off his powers in X2
>Quicksilver had scenes in DOFP and Apocalypse

Next movie will have a scene where both Nightcrawler and Quicksilver show off their powers at the same time
>>
>>83485517
I will report you. You were supposed to say that it sucked, and that it was worse than last stand, which was one of the better x-men movies.

also, Civil War rocks

yes, I am bitter. I cannot understand why this movie gets so much hate, despite having so much fanservice. Yes, my salt might choke you.
>>
>>83475649
>>bite the pillow Charles, I'm going in dry

40KEKs.png
>>
>>83485576

>Where did Apocalypse get the material for Archangel's wings?
Who cares?
>Why can they shoot razor sharp feather darts?
Because that's awesome.

Like, it was exactly as dark as it needed to be for a story with that level of gravity, and made you fear the villain without going overboard. And the team just naturally worked together without any of them having to make a decision about it. None of them hesitated before saving the world, and none of them bucked against working in a team.

So damn good.
>>
>>83485718
I feel like you are not quoting my post.
>>
>>83485718
Apocalypse is a matter manipulator. He alchemized it from his fucking bone marrow.
>>
File: Phantom_Shadows.png (1003 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Phantom_Shadows.png
1003 KB, 1024x768
Probably the most comic book like film I've ever seen. It was playful and entertaining in every regard.

>Pheonix Jean, Scott, Storm and Magneto take on Apocalypse

Also when Apocalypse realises the destruction he wanted, he got from awakening Jean. I'm fucking hype bros.
>>
The Wolverine scene was cool, but felt very shoehorned in. It also took away a chance for the new team to shine and accomplish something. On the plus side, we finally saw some more realistic violence and blood from Wolverine.

A lot of the CGI was really bad. Like when Storm first drops down in the final battle, and draws some lightning, the lighting is really bad and it looks like a bad photoshop. Parts of Quicksilver's scene in the mansion were also really bad, and all of the stopping and doing things during it took away the feeling of momentum that you usually want to keep during speedster scenes like that.

Apocalypse was always going to hard to pull off in live action. I only wish he had more of a commanding presence, like the booming voice and gravitas he had in the cartoon. The selection of the horsemen seemed kind of random, other than Magneto. As obligatory as Archangel is, making Angel a roughass cage fighter seemed like a ploy to justify him being picked.

They should have kept the mall scene in, to give some more context to mutants fitting in and whatnot, and to give Jubilee a little screen time. Let the new team bond a little.

JLaw really didn't seem like she wanted to be there, and all of the time out of makeup was kind of weird. If she didn't like going through the hassle of the makeup, I'd think that putting her in some clothes would cut down on a lot of that.

Jean felt a little flat, but that might have been an intentional decision to come off all reserved and repressed for the sake of letting go for the Phoenix.

Overall, enjoyable, but certainly not great.
>>
>>83486020
They added the wolverine scene, because people were literally demanding it, eh
>>
>>83485461
>Mutants are accepted until Apocalypse happens
It helps Charles' cause that he changed Apoc's worldwide mental message to "those with power protect the powerless" or something to that effect.
>>
>>83486124
he also sneaked a message to Jean. fuck I loved that. You see, X-Men always went through a grinder, but there was always this little thing that gave them the ultimate advantage. If you don't believe me, read the first Genosha arc. I really liked the Apocalypse, and I'm sad that they killed him off. He should have survived
>>
>>83485461
>he has this shitty Scottish accent
>Shitty
Mudslimes I swear.

>>83486076
ehh I thought it was cool
I kind of expected x-23 for some reason
>>
>>83486207
You will have x-23 in wolverine, you waifufag.
Albeit, I understand your fetish. But only if you enjoy licking toes.
>>
>>83486189
Well He does have bullshit healing
>>
>>83486412
Fucking mutants. I don't understand why some people accept them
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4nCy5CITc8
If next movie is in the 90's will they play shitty euro music ?
>>
I think we're talking about the wrong thing when it comes to the Return of The Jedi scene

Was George Lucas a mutant and if so what was his ability?
>>
>>83487435
You guys do know they're making a joke about X3 being terrible right ?
>>
>>83487410
Prepare your anus for Nirvana, Korn, Morbid Angel, Prodigy, Public Enemy, Wu Tang Clan, and everything that was great, but is ridiculed nowadays. God, it's going to be the best movie, based on the music alone
>>
>>83487509
But what was George Lucas's ability?

Need I remind you that JFK was a mutant.
>>
>>83487557
It's not canon, because it's not in the comics :^)
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.