[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just want to say that Amid Amidi is the raging hippie of animation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 4B6T0h9r.jpg (19 KB, 610x610) Image search: [Google]
4B6T0h9r.jpg
19 KB, 610x610
I just want to say that Amid Amidi is the raging hippie of animation.

He called Lauren Faust a sell-out for MLP. He picks apart anything Disney for not publishing his Ward Kimball book. And he has a vendetta against anyone he feels insults the art of animation, like the AMPAS and Benedict Cumberbatch.

And he has this tendency to laud independent films and bash those made by major studios. He can watch a series of crude children' crayon drawings and call it Fantasia simply because "The Man" didn't make it.
>>
We know, Cartoon Brew sucks dick except for news

on an unrelated note
>And he has this tendency to laud independent films and bash those made by major studios
That tends to happen when most major studio films are really samey
>>
>>83472200
Amid is a pussy. I called him out once because he was being a dick to someone and he banned me from the site. He had to unban me when three people got on his ass about it. What a joke.
>>
>>83472138
>I just want to say that Amid Amidi is the raging hippie of animation

No kidding. Guy's opinion is all over the place, can't take him seriously
>>
Will never forget the time Amid posted a detailed news article to CB about some guy murdering his daughters after letting them watch Frozen or some shit, and then promptly deleting it like a shitty little bitch when commenters told him it was tasteless minutes later

lol
>>
remember that "april fools joke" where he just posted cropped frozen r34

remember when he made an "exclusive" article about the whole clarence scandal when the people involved were trying to have it resolved internally and discreetly

i know there's more aside from his tsundereness for john k after he wrote that book
>>
File: i'm losing my mind.png (975 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
i'm losing my mind.png
975 KB, 1366x768
>somebody on the internet is a retard

Can we stop having these threads? Do we really need to shit our pants and scream every time we discover that somebody on the internet is retarded?
>>
Amid Amidi is what happens when an irate immature forum poster has enough money to throw his influence around the animation industry. Thankfully he also has enough sense to run his website semi-professionally, so it's not a complete tabloid - but sometimes it is.
>>
Besides, with all the evil that Amid does, at least he gives animation students a stage and actually pays them for the right to post their videos. That's cool.
>>
>>83472138
>He called Lauren Faust a sell-out for MLP

Was he wrong?
>>
>>83472388
>when the people involved were trying to have it resolved internally and discreetly
They were literally making it public on Twitter. Amid was just the first "journalist" to make a real article on it. Also,

>i know there's more aside from his tsundereness for john k after he wrote that book
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Details?

>>83473571
>has enough money
And where did he get that money? Surely, he had to provide something of value.

Personally, I think he was someone who coasted off Jerry Beck's success. All of the readers left on the site are people who stuck around when the real brains left.
>>
>>83472138
Is this the guy who wants more black anime characters?
>>
File: 1407874168317.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1407874168317.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>83472138
>He called Lauren Faust a sell-out for MLP.
And I'm sure she's oh so hurt by that.
>>
File: Sight_34.jpg (507 KB, 1205x674) Image search: [Google]
Sight_34.jpg
507 KB, 1205x674
I think I stopped trailing the site just before Jerry left.

I was doing a lot of animation newswriting for various places at the time and sent a few suggested topics their way time and again, only getting a hit/response when the piece I recommended was cynical and/or snarky and not actual news.

I remember one time submitting news about a really outstanding student film from Taiwan (pic related) that had gone under the radar. Everyone was ignoring it, so I did a nice write-up on my own for another publication. Weeks later, CB does their own piece, vaguely similar, as if they've discovered the greatest thing in the world.

Wasn't the first time that happened, but was certainly emblematic of my (past) experiences with the site.
>>
>>83475693
Where do I go to write about animation? That's my dream.
>>
>>83474057
>They were literally making it public on Twitter
That was the victim's friend who went out of their way to make a stink about it online despite CN taking care of the situation
>>
He does seem to be oddly surprised everytime a CG movie made for kids happens to have lowbrow-CG-movie humor because, it's a lowbrow-CG-movie for kids.

But I still go on CartoonBrew just because it's the only place to get animation news independent of 4chan/tumblr autism.
>>
>>83474057
>And where did he get that money?
Trust fund
>>
>caring about Cartoon Brew post Jerry Beck's departure

Well, there's your first problem.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.