[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did they go wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: 4db5eb9588fcd.jpg (228 KB, 1000x571) Image search: [Google]
4db5eb9588fcd.jpg
228 KB, 1000x571
>>
SJW, Femishit and Interracial garbage
>>
>>83472030
X-Men franchise: House of M
Spider-Man: OMD
Everything else: Eh...let's say Fear Itself
>>
>>83472030
Kamala "tumblr girl" khan
>>
Get those cit white men out of my /co/!
>>
Jews.
>>
File: 143547898134.png (195 KB, 1400x1207) Image search: [Google]
143547898134.png
195 KB, 1400x1207
>>83472030
Guess.
>>
A company about comics. It was never going to be right.
>>
>>83472030
>my nigga pym all the way in the back row

well fuck you too, Marvel
>>
>>83472206
He barely got to cameo in what by all rights should have been his movie. Disney wants to forget all about misogynist shitlord Hank Pym.
>>
File: 1414195272027.gif (439 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1414195272027.gif
439 KB, 640x360
>>83472206
>>83472230
anons, that's an old pic, he was always a back row character
>>
>>83472030
Look up Sana Amanat. She is 100% in control of the company's "creative direction". She's the one who started hiring literal amateurs and bloggers. She's the one who turned the company into sjw propaganda. It's literally 100% her fault.
>>
>>83472150
I remember people being hyped for Mickey Mouse comics.
IDW publishes them today.
>>
>>83472271
>It's literally 100% her fault.
Ike & friends have contributions though
>>
>>83472230
>barely got a cameo
>Was Scott's mentor/foil
>Was in about 40% the movie
>>
>>83472030
Bendis. Avengers Disassambled
>>
>>83472030
https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/may/26/marvel-editor-in-chief-axel-alonso-civil-war-x-men?CMP=share_btn_tw

Blame this guy

>Alonso’s Marvel looks very different: one of two Spider-Men is a biracial kid named Miles Morales, Thor is a white woman, one of the Captains America is a black man, Ms Marvel is Pakistani American and the Hulk is Korean American. All this happened with comparatively minimal backlash from notoriously tetchy readers, because Alonso and the company’s writing and editing teams have made changes carefully, switching costumes among established characters and stacking the deck with popular creators when the possibility of fan rage – which is always at least ambient – seems likely. Marvel has intra-company crossovers about twice a year; when Civil War II launches, its lineup of superheroes will look much, much different than they did in even last year’s Secret Wars.
>The company approached Coates about writing for Marvel on the advice of editor Sana Amanat. “We met and she suggested it and I said I was a huge Spider-man fan as a kid, but they already had plans there,” Coates says. “And then they said they needed a new Black Panther writer and I was like ‘Ohh!’ I don’t know, how can you be closed to that? I had to figure something out in terms of what the arc would be and everything, constructed some beats as to how it would look.” Coates said that he’s always seen comics as a more diverse medium than other pop culture. “You don’t have to spend much money,” he said. “It’s easier to be diverse. You don’t have to ask, ‘Can this person carry a film?’”
>>
>>83472439
when people will learn that remade a established character into a minority isn't good, that is better to make a new character to fit new times than go and change almost all of them to try and give a little mix to serve people that don't even read comics

"oh wait, but mah gwenpool is good, so new and fresh, cool and hip female, and powerful and empowering"
I get cancer whenever I read empowering
>>
>>83472030
They must be doing something right, seeing as how they consistently outsell the Distinguished Competition.
>>
>>83472230
are you still this fucking salty? He was in most of the fucking movie you faggot
>>
>>83472030
white guilt, cuckoldry shit, feminism
>>
>reading non-imprint Big Two
>expecting quality in 99% of the titles published
wew
>>
>>83472030

the films were too popular.

the comics devolved in stupid retconning, stupid even for COMICS, relentless SJW flavor of the minute pandering at the expense of quality, also I think they are finally tapped out of any decent original ideas.
>>
>>83472030
using sjw gargabe and terrible plots and arcs to appeal to the severly retarded audience

its all a market strategy really, there isn't much to talk about.

its also like if the readers who liked actual comic books before the sjw age became the minority
>>
Their movies got successful, and they realized that if they pandered to the Chris Evans Tumblr brigade, they could make more money.
>>
File: 1461616693565.jpg (44 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1461616693565.jpg
44 KB, 640x360
>>83472030
Secret wars : marvel's version of crisis on infinite worlds
>>
>>83472030
This is their newest poster. Notice a difference?
>>
>>83472073
This
>>
>>83473774
Yes. Ultimate Wasp and Cosmo are more important than First Family.
>>
File: for the love of god please stop.png (542 KB, 551x572) Image search: [Google]
for the love of god please stop.png
542 KB, 551x572
>>83473774
>>
>>83473774
Where da muties at?
>>
When you don't have to compete, you don't have to try. Comics are more of an accompaniment to their movie universe. A little side diversion for their new casual fan base to throw money at. Narrative quality and character legacy are set aside for the sake of diversity and buzz sales.

Their market strategy is so cancer ridden, it's genius. Toss out another event comic with the promise that "this time, everything changes...for real this time", rebrand, and keep printing #1's. Rinse. Repeat.

Really makes me wonder what it's going to be like looking back at the company in a few years time with all this shit they are pulling.
>>
>>83473774
>No X-Men and no Fantastic Four
Why tho?
>>
>>83474591

They don't own the movie rights.
>>
>>83472030
Wasn't there a version of this that had Venom up in front?
>>
>>83472030
>capeshit
right there
>>
>>83472030
one kind of pandering got replaced by a different kind of pandering
>>
>>83472030
liberals ruined it.

litterally the fucking liberals ruined it.
>>
>>83473774

...where the fuck is X-23. Sure, they are pretty far back, but White Tiger and even fuckinh Hazmat girl are there. But no Laura? And where is my Jubilee! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>83472030
Stan Lee
>>
>>83472439
>All this happened with comparatively minimal backlash from notoriously tetchy readers, because Alonso and the company’s writing and editing teams have made changes carefully, switching costumes among established characters and stacking the deck with popular creators when the possibility of fan rage – which is always at least ambient – seems likely.

Holy shit the delusion here

>Marvel has intra-company crossovers about twice a year

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: unsolicited opinions on israel.png (318 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
unsolicited opinions on israel.png
318 KB, 500x509
>>83472587
>>
>>83475171

>Marvel has intra-company crossovers about twice a year

This is true. It just leaves out that these events take 8 to 10 months to finish.
>>
>>83472030

X-Men: When they mistreat Morrison.
Spiderman: When they mistreat JMS.
Ultimate Universe: When they lost Millar.

Everything else: A mix between the blatant success of their cinematic universe and the continuos loss of talented writers.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.