[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need convincing to get past the first bit of Frank Miller's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
I need convincing to get past the first bit of Frank Miller's Daredevil with Klaus Janson.

The characters communicate like golden age heros without any actual personality. I'm sure its gotta get better but I'm just turned off by the first few issues with Spider-Man.
>>
yeah you should skip forward to when Miller took over writing duties. Janson isn't a very good writer.
>>
Were those issues not written by Miller? Miller started as an artist first and later started writing.
>>
>>83471091
>Janson isn't a very good writer.
Janson didn't write those issues. Roger McKenzie did.
>>
>>83471091
Oh ok cool. I had suspicions that it wasn't Miller. That's how the Michelinie/McFarlane Spider-Man omnibus is too. The first 4 or so issues are penciled by some other dude than McFarlane.
>>
>>83471079
There are couple of issues on which Miller would expand upon later. And to be fair, Roger McKenzie was by no means a bad writer, just kind of average.

The ones I suggest to read: 160-161, 163-164 and 166.

Fun fact, #183 was supposed to be #167. So, I guess Roger co-wrote Matt's first meeting with Frank.
>>
>>83471200
Much appreciated anon.
>>
>>83471160
>>83471091
How could you not know that McKenzie wrote those. It says it right at the start of the damn issue.
>>
>>83471252
It's been like 8 months since I read them.
>>
>>83471252
>>83471122
Joke's on all yall. It's Bill Mantlo I guess. Just checked like I should have before posting. Spank me.
>>
>>83471300
Bend over.
>>
Start by reading "Elektra", that's where the story starts to get good and less corny.
>>
Frank Miller doesn't even take over until #168. I feel ripped off.
>>
>>83471439
>I bought omnibus for Frank Miller written comics
>I also get Frank Miller drawn ones
Whata ripoff!
>>
>>83471454
Wouldn't be bitching if I bought the omnibus
>>
>>83471200
This
>>
>>83471079
Dude, START AT #168. The stuff before that isn't even really Miller.

>>83471200
Ignore this faggot. START AT #168.
>>
>>83471439
Isn't volume 1 just the stuff BEFORE Miller was writer?
>>
>>83471079
Man, you must not have read many old comics. Bronze Age is nothing like Gold or early Silver Age, it just tends to be more expository than modern comics. Though part of this is editorial mandate requiring any single issue of a comic to be able to be picked up and read by itself while still making some sort of sense, a practice I actually agree with.

Have you ever read Claremont? Good writing, but damn do characters just not shut the fuck up.
>>
>>83471079
The Roger Mckenzie stories aren't bad, and they plant some seeds for Frank Miller's run
>>
>>83471746
Nah mostly 80's and on I've read with some exceptions. I've read some of Claremont's Uncanny X-men so I see what you mean with expository haha. I've read a ton of other comics from that era, mostly DC dark universe (vertigo) stuff which I love.
>>
>>83471715
About 2/3rds of it
>>
I've been reading the Miller run and is slowly getting more interesting since the Kingpin was introduce.

At around what issue does Miller starts to introduce the Catholic aspects of Daredevil?
>>
>>83474361
He doesn't.
>>
>>83475748
Isn't he the one that made the concept of Daredevil as a Catholic popular ?

Does Miller shows Daredevil as Catholic ever even outside of his Main run?
>>
File: Daredevil-BornAgain-cross.jpg (75 KB, 450x673) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil-BornAgain-cross.jpg
75 KB, 450x673
>>83477142
>>
>>83477142
Catholicism is a big part of Born Again, but it doesn't appear at all in his original run as far as i can remember.
>>
>>83471688
>Ignore that faggot that suggested to read issues important to Frank Miller's run such as Ben Urich fucking finding out that Matt Murdock is Daredevil and stepping stone for entire Gladiator arc
Yeah, listen to this faggot.
>>
>>83472491
More like 1/3rd. And those issues are still worth reading for Miller's art.
>>
>>83477441
If Miller only use Catholicism of Daredevil on Born Again, why people make it sound like it such a big part of his run?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.