[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what kind of relationship do the Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: swamp-thing-vs-poison-ivy-2[1].jpg (2 MB, 1986x1526) Image search: [Google]
swamp-thing-vs-poison-ivy-2[1].jpg
2 MB, 1986x1526
what kind of relationship do the Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy have with each other? Is Poison Ivy officially an agent of The Green in the new 52?
>>
>>83467612
>New 52.

That's funny. You are funny.
>>
>>83467612
The better question is...

Can she take the Vine?
>>
>>83467793
well I don't know what else to call it, it's the continuity where the Red and the Green and the Grey get established, I think
>>
>>83468020

It is pretty much confirmed that "New52" is over and we are going back to recognizing the DC universe before that.

As for Swamp Thing and Ivy, Rebirth shows that Swamp Thing is more interested in getting back with his ex. And last I checked Ivy was too busy being Harley's romantic interest to do anything interesting.
>>
>>83467793
The fuck you going on about
>>83468020
Green and red have always been a thing not sure about the grey
>>
She's connected to the Green, but it didn't come up a lot during Swamp Thing's book. I don't think they actually interacted "in continuity" during the past 5 years. They met during Rotworld, but that was an alternate future which was averted. And since it was a post-apocalyptic setting there was only time to say hello before the zombies attacked. She had a cool artificial limb made out of animated wood, at least.
>>
>>83468197
>that was an alternate future which was averted.

I remember starting to read that. How did Rotworld pan out?
>>
>>83468099
the grey is a thing but took the backburner because fungi arent that interesting.

>>83468405
animal man and swamp thing both accessed time portals to pre-emptively subdue anton and the little shit kid. The portals were contructed by the totems of the rot because they dont want to be manipulated by anton. animal mans daughter becomes the new avatar of the red and brother blood becomes the new arch-villain to animal man. swamp thing gets all kinds of better. Two perfect arcs that outshine rotworld.

Ivy is not an agent of the green per se, but relies on it to use her powers. she can sense when the green is disturbed
>>
in Justice league united there were beginnings of a good relationship but that got canned
>>
>>83468099
The grey is fungi and has been around a while. On earth 2 though the grey is their version of the rot.
>>
>>83467612
Their little fight in the Injustice comic irks me. It makes it seem like they both have more or less equal control over the Green.

Their relationship would definitely be something I'd like to see explored. Swamp-Thing is essentially everything Poison Ivy wants to be, and yet I imagine he would view her as a psychotic eco-terrorist.

How would she react when her god rebukes her?
>>
>>83469709
I don't think the green itself wouldn't mind her crazy eco-terrorist ways though. I imagine she would pull a seeder and try to appeal to the parliament to replace Alec for being a dirty human sympathizer
>>
>>83467612
Swampy thinks she's an eco-terrorist, so antagonistic, I would say.
>>
>>83467612
"Bitch be crazy."
>>
>>83468086
Read her mini
>>
>>83468197
They were part of one of the JLU teams

after a desastrous outcome she left with his remains, not sure how this continues as Constantine, her mini & his mini seems to ignore that
>>
Is it me or is the Green way more OP than the Red?
>>
>>83471094
This pretty much.
>>
>>83472977
I think is up to the level of mastery that the avatar posses

Holand was a scientific and probably has a better understanding than Buddy has of his "realm" being an actor/holder for the next generation, I think Maxine was able to revive creatures maybe her next level was creating them or control elements, we see her dying and teleport her concious to a fox and metamorphosis back to herself

something like X-men's Iceman & Magneto who at some point or versions could control things on celular/atomical level
>>
>>83472977
What's your frame of reference, Swamp Thing vs. Animal Man? Given the retcon that he's not the true Avatar of the Red, that's not entirely balanced.
>>
>>83468524
>fungi arent that interesting.

what's this i'm hearing? do you know what cordyceps is?
>>
>>83467612
Gaiman's interpretation in Black Orchid is that they were college buddies on the same course, studying under Woodrue.
>>
>>83467612
Bump
>>
File: she wants the root.jpg (534 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
she wants the root.jpg
534 KB, 1000x1500
she fangirls him
>>
>>83473198
zombies aren't interesting
>>
>>83468524

Fungi are every bit as interesting as plants.
>>
Before the reboot they were college friends.
>>
>>83469751
Alec killed the old parliament and only his buddies are the new one. I would think they wouldn't be to bias on taking Ivy under their wing.

Old parliament would love the shit out of her they dont care for humanity not concern on other kingdoms only that there is balance between them.

>>83476497
is this from JLU?

As a fan of Swampy I would love an arc on these two, not necessarily a relationship but more as eco budies.
>>
Are Vixen and B'Wana Beast connected to the Red?
>>
I massively enjoyed the Nu52 Swamp Thing.

Only book of the entire universe I enjoyed. I have yet to read Alan Moore's run yet /blog
>>
>>83473144
to be fair to Buddy it was well established that he was a minor agent of the Red at best solely for the creation of his daughter, whereas Holand is the "CHOSEN" one of the green
>>
>>83478725
Yes, as is beast boy. I think that's why they turned him red in the nu52, but then people cried "NOT MUH" and they changed it back
>>
File: Poison_Ivy_Created_Equal_01.jpg (219 KB, 600x869) Image search: [Google]
Poison_Ivy_Created_Equal_01.jpg
219 KB, 600x869
Let's get some more scans of Swampy-Ivy interactions.
>>
>>83467612
Ivy is a Swampy fangirl, as shown in Justice League United.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.