[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Affleck wants to copy Snyder approach for Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 965x579) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 965x579
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/02/ben-affleck-batman-movie-original-story-comics

Stop, Ben. Just stop. No more. You can't become like Snyder. You're going to crush the hopes and dreams of all of those DC fans who want to see Batman come backandAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can't fucking do it anymore! It just keeps getting worse for DC fans and this train wreck just keeps getting longer. Everyone point and laugh at Ben even more for even thinking of emulating Snyder.
>>
uh you realize all he's saying is that he's creating an original story with elements from popular comic arcs, right? Like every single other superhero movie?
>>
File: captain boomerang.gif (2 MB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
captain boomerang.gif
2 MB, 500x200
>>83466102
Nothing wrong with that. Batman as the only character done right by Snyder.
>inb4 muh no kill rule
He got it back the moment he refused to brand Luther in the face
>>
Rape Snyder, Ben.
>>
>>83466247
Don't bother, he invoked the name of Snyder. It's already too late. Abandon this thread.
>>
>>83466247
Even then that's not a good idea. Take ONE iconic story or interpretation.
Snyder's method is to mix several different versions, (as well as a bunch of shit that isn't even within the franchise), with different interpretations and characterizations. Mixing oil and water doesn't work.
>>
>>83466273
>>inb4 muh no kill rule, that he has yet to follow in any live action movie

There...
>>
>>83466392
>Snyder's method is to mix several different versions

You mean like the Nolan Trilogy. Each of which takes it's inspiration from more than one Batman story?
>>
>>83466452
Do they? Because when I watch the Nolan trilogy I see one chief inspirational source.

Except with Rises. There I just see a mess.
>>
>>83466102
Stop being a homo, OP, and stop misleading us.
>Affleck wants to copy Snyder approach for Batman
=
>''borrow certain things from the great comic books, but create an original story around it''

That's not particularly ''Snyder's approach'', that's everyone's approach.
>>
>>83466102
Bat prison rape confirmed?
>>
>>83466519
Yeah they do. Even the characters like The Joker take inspiration from different stories involving him, as well as Alex from A Clockwork Orange that has fuck all to do with Batman. Also you can't really call it "Snyder's method" seeing as how every other adaption he's done has been just that. A straight forward near 1.1 version to the source with minor changes if any. BVS ( which i must again stress was written by Goyer and terrio , not sure why Snyder is always getting writing credit) was the only movie drawing from multiple stories for one film
>>
>>83466519
Have you watched any of the behind the scenes extras for any of the movies? They talk about this in detail. There is no single source for any of the movies. They're all composites.
>>
OP is a fag
>>
>>83466519
Please stop being silly.

http://www.superherohype.com/features/334663-from-comics-to-movies-visual-references-in-the-dark-knight-trilogy#/slide/13
>>
>>83466424
>>83466273
The "Batman kills everyone" thing is retarded because in this universe he has a rogue gallery full of villains who are alive, including the Joker. So his rule is that he never kills... named characters.
If you can't see what's stupid about that, I can't really help you.
>>
>>83466102
As long as he has a badass fight scene like the warehouse one I'm okay.

They need to give him a better Batmobile.
>>
>>83466625
>>83466645
>>83466686
Look, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that, when Nolan did it, at least in the first two movies? It was cohesive enough that I couldn't spot the seams. Less so when Snyder does it.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the technique isn't the problem so much as the execution of said technique. It's not "Snyder's method", no. But when Snyder does it? It's not great.
>>
>>83466519
Batman Begins takes inspiration from Year One, Denny O'Neil era, and some Batman stories that Priest wrote.

Dark Knight takes inspiration from Long Halloween and Killing Joke.

Dark Knight Rises takes inspiration from Knightfall and Dark Knight Returns.
>>
>>83466102
Stop spreading lies about based affleck
He is the only good thing about the DCEU please don't take him from me
>>
>>83466519
The original Batman Begins DVD straight up came with an eighty page booklet of stories that influenced the movie. Namely Detective Comics #27, The Long Halloween #1, and The Man Who Falls.
>>
>>83466822
Exactly this. There's a reason WHY the rule persists, because otherwise it makes Batman look pants-on-head retarded when spares people like Joker.
>>
>>83468157
Kind of why I don't like Marvel. Like, Captain America literally pours acid on mooks and Wolverine rips out the claws of any nameless baddie that gets in his way, but when they get to the named villain? They use non lethal tactics and say "You're under arrest!" Like what about all those mooks you just killed, Captain? For all you know, they have had their families threatened or been manipulated, but nope, they don't matter because they don't have a name.
>>
>>83466830

>It was cohesive enough that I couldn't spot the seams

Or you just hadn't read the Batman comics they were based off of
>>
File: kino god.png (397 KB, 630x472) Image search: [Google]
kino god.png
397 KB, 630x472
>>83466102

There is no Kino God but Zack and Affleck is his prophet.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.