[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If he does stick around, how do you surmise they'll retrofit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 1463108959987.jpg (172 KB, 692x1200) Image search: [Google]
1463108959987.jpg
172 KB, 692x1200
If he does stick around, how do you surmise they'll retrofit him into the current universe they way they did Wally?
>>
What? He came from convergence, that's all they need to say. Wally was just completely gone
>>
>>83465604
Go read Lois and Clark
>>
My question is what the fuck will they do with Nu52 Lois?
>>
>>83466497
It's obvious that this continuity is just temporary. When they recover those 10 missing years, they'll create a new timeline that mixes Pre-Flashpoint with N52 and he'll become the Superman of this universe again. Like he always was, because Post-Flashpoint as it was revealed in Rebirth is just Pre-Flashpoint with 10 years taken.
>>
>>83467091
She's getting Superman powers that may kill her
>>
>>83467341
>It's obvious that this continuity is just temporary. When they recover those 10 missing years

Won't happen. The best you will get is "wow we all remember now" but a complete snap back would be suicide
>>
>>83467341
>Post-Flashpoint as it was revealed in Rebirth is just Pre-Flashpoint with 10 years taken

It's the old universe with its history rewritten and a ton of shit changed.
>>
>>83467988
That's what people said about another relaunch

BUT MARVEL DID IT ANYWAYS
>>
>>83468322

This isn't Marvel. I don't feel like the writers hate me for being a white man for one thing
>>
>>83465604
>If he does stick around, how do you surmise they'll retrofit him into the current universe they way they did Wally?

They've already laid the groundwork in Rebirth.

It's very likely going to be that Pre-Flashpoint Superman is, and always was, THE Superman of the DC Universe. New 52 Supes was a replacement that Dr Manhattan put in place because Superman and Lois weren't there when Manhattan remade the DCU during Flashpoint.
>>
>>83467988
It will happen in some capacity. You don't set up the loss of 10 years if you are not going to recover them. Otherwise what's the point of Wally saying that something is missing?

They'll fix some shit up and retcon this Superman as always have been this universe's. They can't go very long with this convulted "Superman is not from this universe but from an alternate one" status quo. Besides, they've already set up all of this with Mr. Oz's line "You and your family are not what you think they are and neither was the fallen Superman"
>>
>>83468785
Yeah, I have to agree. They're not going to get to it right away, but something has to give. You can't lay something that huge on the table and not do something with it later. I would bet money that there's going to be a big continuity-changing event coming down the line in the next year or two that's going to deal with the fallout from Rebirth.

And honestly, I can't wait to see it. The DCU vs Dr Manhattan fighting for a lost decade. What a mindfuck.
>>
>>83468785
Did Dc really deliver on the One Year Later thing which followed Infinite Crisis? I'm really asking, here. I can't remember all the plotlines they tried to run.
>>
>>83468836
>They're not going to get to it right away

Of curse they're not. They're setting this up for the next big event, the one that will involve Manhattan. It'll be some years down the line.
>>
>>83468848
They just have to follow one plotline: recover those 10 years (or at least most of them) from Manhattan and steamline some continuity issues like Superman.
>>
>>83465604
w-wait? Is the Clark on the cover, post-crisis, or is it!?
>>
File: Kal-L.jpg (15 KB, 189x267) Image search: [Google]
Kal-L.jpg
15 KB, 189x267
>>83468744
Nu-52 Supes would probably some other Superman who existed alongside Post-Crisis Superman.

>pic related
>>
>>83465604
He's going to end up having come from a completely different world and the Superman that dies was the real Superman who will return wuth the trunks back.
>>
>>83465604
Who's that under Jon?
The new Clark Kent?
>>
>>83471260
yeah, if the new Clark appears. Then it's maybe that his powers are gone forever (or whatever the fuck is happening to the chink, Lois and Lana)
>>
>>83470747
The same that married Lois Lane.
They're back and they have a son, though the red trunks as re still MIA.
>>
>>83471396
no, I meant the synopsis practically states that there's a new Clark Kent.
>>
File: tbPStL3.jpg (720 KB, 950x1441) Image search: [Google]
tbPStL3.jpg
720 KB, 950x1441
B A C K
A
C
K
>>
>>83471578
I'm gonna miss the DILF beard.
>>
>>83471589
>>
Can I get a run down on what the fuck is happening with Superman?
>>
When they first announced Jurgens was doing Action Comics, it seemed people here were pretty dismissive of it. I've not read any of his stuff before, but since he was involved with the whole Death of Superman thing in the 90s I figured he wasn't that great since people have such a low opinion of that story/event. I've always had the impression that he's one of those detached event-driven writers that prioritise big 'epic' spectacles and statis quo changes rather than focusing on the characters themselves.

I've just gone and read Lois & Clark to catch up though, and I actually really enjoyed it, its much more nuanced than I expected, had some nice character moments, and he seems to write a good Superman. I'm actually really looking forward to Action Comics now.

In fact, most of the Superfamily books seem promising.
>>
>>83465604
No need to. He has his Lois, New 52 Lois is becoming Superwoman.

New 52 Batman is pretty identical to pre-Flashpoint Batman.

Perry White and Jimmy Olsen are interchangeable between both continuities.

His supporting cast has already been taken care of, no retrofitting needed.
>>
>>83467344
WHOR DONE RIGHT
>>
>>83473249
Did you enjoye the Superman Rebirth issue?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.