[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the worst guest star performance on the Simpsons? Ronaldo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 18
File: Marge_Gamer_50.jpg (51 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
Marge_Gamer_50.jpg
51 KB, 500x374
What was the worst guest star performance on the Simpsons?

Ronaldo was pretty unfunny and lame in Marge Gamer.
>>
Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger.
>>
>>83465730
ALEC BALDWIN AND KIM BASINGER!?
>>
Lady Gaga and Andy Dick
>>
Do you mean in terms of bad line delivery? Andrei Agassi. Most unimaginative use of a guest star? Andrei Agassi.

Also Dr. Joyce in Homer the Vigilante, Amy Tan in Insane Clown Poppy, and poor John Updike in the same episode, the unfunny Thomas Pynchon stuff in Season 16 and Mark Cuban are definitely up there.

The worst? Probably Art Spiegelman. I seriously have no idea why he even agree to be on the show with the shit they gave him for dialog.
>>
A lot of you are going to disagree, but I thought Neil Gaiman was pretty ass in The Book Job.
>>
>>83465730
At least Ron Howard was good in that episode.
>>
>>83466119
Andy Dick.

He should never have been allowed on the fucking show.
>>
Britney Spears in The Mansion Family.
>>
>>83466647
why'd they get the guy who murdered a castmember?
>>
This must be the first time here that most people didn't pick the Lady Gaga episode.
>>
Elon Musk
>>
>>83466864
This thread is for people that actually watch The Simpsons.

Poor bastards.
>>
>>83466426
Get fucked.

Anyway yes Ronaldo's was terrible. Gotta go with Katy Perry as well ugh..that whole scene was cringe worthy she can't act for shit. Let's see Lady Gaga's performance was decent but the episode was shit and she was a major focus instead of a cameo so I'm going to count it. Let's see Bryan Cranston's character was wasted as well as Tom Waits. Tom Waits character didn't even have a name and was forgettable.
>>
Muhammad Ali
>>
I have no idea who Thomas Pynchon is but I liked his appearance in Diatribe of a Mad Housewife as far as I remember. I also liked Art Spiegelman, Daniel Clowes and Alan Moore in Husband and Knives. Yes, the episode was pretty bad but the first act was hilarious.
>>
>>83466179
>In his second appearance, in "All's Fair in Oven War", Pynchon's dialogue consists entirely of puns on his novel titles ("These wings are 'V'-licious! I'll put this recipe in 'The Gravity's Rainbow Cookbook', right next to 'The Frying of Latke 49'.").
>>
>>83466179
>Also Dr. Joyce in Homer the Vigilante
Last Exit To Springfield
>>
>>83466426
Dude, cut the guy some slack. He can't even read.
>>
Ronaldo in Marge Gamer. Besides clearly having no professional training in acting, he just seemed so unnecessary and out of place in that episode.
>>
Those rocker guys at the start of The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and her Homer were pretty lousy as well.
>>
N*Sync in New Kids on the Bleech
>>
Three words: Sacha Baren Cohen
>>
>>83465730
Billy Baldwin and Kim Bassinger?!
>>
Dear god how could I forget SBC. Guess I tried too hard to block that episode from memory. Now that you guys reminded me he is the worst of all. Seriously no redemptions in fact we could probably just go ahead and abandon this thread...as _the_ answer has been given.
>>
>>83467758
I disagree with you, and therefore cannot say "Word" to your opinion.
>>
Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga. LAY. DE. GA. GA.
>>
Lena Dunham. Literal child molester on TV proving once again that feminism can let a woman get away with basically anything short of murder.

Lady Gaga is the runners-up.
>>
>>83465383
I saw this and thought it was Barbados Slim
>>
>>83468073
In all fairness, they cut LD off. She was planned for 5 episodes and they shortened it to one.
>>
>>83468105
I dunno why they bothered honestly. You'd think whatever common sense made them cut her off would have prevented them for putting her there in the first place.
>>
Zooey Deschanel. For the love of god, her.
>>
>>83468073
>playing doctor with your sister when you were kids is child abuse
LOLok.
>>
>>83468149
>I haven't actually looked into what happened and just believed what I've been told by feminist media
>>
I came here to say Lady Gaga, but upon further though, SBC is even worse than she is. His voice was like nails on a chalkboard.

Without a trace of irony, it seems.
>>
Nearly every other cameo brought up in this thread involves stuff from when the show was coming off the rails, flying through the air, or crashing violently on the side of the tracks, where you expect that level of shit. I argue that the worst guest cameo was Johnny Unitas from Homie the Clown, where, relative to the surrounding jokes, his brief, near forgettable line is one of the low points in a great episode.
>>
>>83468090
Clearly Slim was frozen in time just like Fry.
>>
I'll say Lady Gaga or perhaps Simon Cowell just to be different.

Seriously, you could HEAR Simon reading the script.
>>
I agree that Sacha Baron Cohen was terrible. I often couldn't understand his words clearly. When they had his character say that his accent was due to spending time in Britain, I believe that was an attempt to cover up that flaw of his botched performance and that was just a lame excuse.

Also Yael Naim was lousy as well. She didn't even sound anything like a 10 year old girl. I know she's a musician and acting isn't her area of expertise, but still, I hope she never attempts it again.
>>
>>83468149
>putting gravel in a baby's vagina
>masturbating in front of your sister when you were 17
>>
>>83466647
>>83466694
Who was the one that came up with Andy Dick being there anyway?

I'm also wondering how did the cast reacted to Andy Dick being on the show and were they there while Andy Dick was recording.
>>
Jose Canseco.
>>
>>83468251
>Also Yael Naim was lousy as well. She didn't even sound anything like a 10 year old girl

TBF, they've rarely ever had guest stars who sounded like a believable loli even professional actresses like Reese Witherspoon and Emily Blunt were awful at it.
>>
>>83468296
>I'm also wondering how did the cast reacted to Andy Dick being on the show and were they there while Andy Dick was recording

You think they give a damn as long as they collect their six figure paychecks?
>>
>>83468264
Sauce?
>>
In terms of worst contribution to an episode, I would have to say Jeremy Irons.
>>
>>83468309
No guest star in that episode did a bad job.
>>
>>83468378
Based on its notoriety here, I can't believe that one wasn't brought up sooner.
>>
>>83468378
Jeremy's... Iron.
>>
>>83468378
Man, Jeremy Irons was at least trying. Blame the awful character not the performance. Cohen was only trying to rape my eardrums and he almost succeeded.
>>
>>83468426
Yeah, it isn't as personal against Jeremy Irons. It's just that he was a big part of the worst episode.
>>
>>83468437
Well, it's his fault a little. "Hey Mr. Irons, how'd you like to voice a dishrag on an upcoming Simpsons episode. Whaddaya say?" He could have declined.
>>
>>83468462
Rags being awful had hardly anything to do with the guest star. Greatest Story however is a different story.
>>
File: The Moment The Simpsons Died.jpg (24 KB, 350x267) Image search: [Google]
The Moment The Simpsons Died.jpg
24 KB, 350x267
I'll count this, just because the of door it opened.
>>
>>83467859
At least he actually voiced a character instead of "*GASP*, CELEBRITY NAME!"

Like, he knows how to voice act, which puts him miles above half the borderline retarded musicians and athletes they get on the show.
>>
REM were one of the worst definitely.

"Mmmmmm...curds..."
>>
>>83468149
>Grooming and molesting your sister when you're clearly old enough for it to not be innocent anymore
>Not child abuse
Right, and Amy Schumer ISN'T a rapist.
>>
>>83468310
And yet Meryll Streep fucking nailed it, as she does with all things.
>>
File: Katy-perry-simpsons-2.jpg (185 KB, 871x1159) Image search: [Google]
Katy-perry-simpsons-2.jpg
185 KB, 871x1159
Any answer other than Katy Perry is wrong

Lena Dunham is also acceptable
>>
>>83468854
Vat. Her acting was fantastic but she sounded like an adult temptress, not a little girl.

Winona Ryder did a quite convincing little girl voice; she was one of the very few guest stars who managed it even if her acting was rather flat.
>>
>>83468900
While true, Meryl Streep not only had excellent delivery, she actually tried to voice act. Jessica sounds completely different from her normal speaking voice and it's very rare that guest stars have actually done that.
>>
>>83468900
I wouldn't blame it on Winona per se, Allison was just a very very boring character and she had nothing to work with.
>>
>>83468823
Wasn't it currants?
>>
>>83468105
>Lena Dunham for 5 episodes

Ep1: Miss Hoover is on maternity leave, because why not. Lena is introduced as a new teacher at Springfield elementary who quickly befriends Lisa.
Meanwhile Bart and Homer try to start a 3D printer company but end up coercing Frink and Martin Prince to do all the real work.

Ep2: Skinner takes an interest in Lena, who spends the episode fending off his impotent advances and teaches him a lesson about the gender power structure that is pervasive in the education system.
Marge goes Groupon Loco, "saving" money on thing she doesn't need, until the bills start stacking up. Maggie opens an etsy shop.

Ep3: Lena commandeers the annual school Science Fair, turning it into a Feelings Fair. Each student is required to do a display on interpersonal relationships and how society has inhibited our growth as empathetic beings. Lisa is initially conflicted, having planned a science project about carbon emissions. Lena convinces Lisa to give her logical side a break and expand on her passion for music.
Moe has to convince his long estranged son that he is a police detective due to a fabricated story, used to escape fatherly duties.
He enlists Barney, Lenny, Carl, and Homer to help support the deception. John Boyega guest stars.

Ep4: Lisa forgets to get a permission slip signed to go see the Springfield Philharmonic Opera. Skinner sends her to the kindergarten class for the day where she mopes and becomes withdrawn.
Channel 6's own Kent Brockman is doin' it for himself! Or herself?
After years of maintaining an outward male persona, Brockman is transitioning to a woman.
Facing the criticism accompanying a public life, he wins over the town with an impassioned editorial speech about pursuing your own dreams rather than standing in the way of other people.

Ep5: It is revealed that Lena touched Lisa in the bathroom at the Feelings Fair. Judge Snyder sentences her to 10 years behind bars.
Mr. Burns and Smithers finally do it.
>>
Side question: Who was the best guest star? Off the top of my head, I'm thinking Micheal Jackson.
>>
>>83468900
I didn't like Reese Witherspoon. Didn't sound like a little girl and she also overdid it with her acting and became annoying.
>>
>>83468978
A two-prong question in response: Do recurring guest stars like Jon Lovitz or Kelsey Grammar count and would Hartman count as a proper cast member or a guest star?
>>
>>83469281
Hartman was a proper cast member and regular characters like Sideshow Bob don't count. We're talking special guest stars.
>>
>>83468978
Tito Puente
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9kdDet7G14
>>
I thought that episode with the softball team was pretty awful.
>>
>>83468965
>gender power structure that is pervasive in the education system.
Is it the fact that there are far, far, far more female teachers than male ones?
>>
Tony Blair was pretty flat
>>
>>83468978
>I'm thinking Micheal Jackson.
You know even in the commentary they stated that he wasn't a very good actor but the general off the wallness of the script for that episode made it work so well.
>>
>episode where Mel Gibson is a likable, charming guest star
>contains a joke making fun of Robert Downey Jr.'s scandals

>if that episode was made today it would be the exact opposite
>>
>>83469737
No
>>
Any episode where a guest appears and the characters go "WOAH, IT'S CELEBRITY"

The only exception is Mikey Rooney in the Radioactive Man Movie episode
>>
>>83469737
Kill yourself my man
>>
Tony Hawk
>>
>>83465383
Michael Jackson
>>
>>83465383
Wait that was actually him?
What's the point, nobody knows what he sounds like. At least people have heard Yao Ming speak English before.
>>
>>83469912
This. Tony Hawk is terrible in every voice over role he's in. His Simpson's performance is not as terrible as his one from Rocket Power though.
>>
R.E.M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vAwbC7ULnk
>>
>>83465383
Brazilian here. For me, Ronaldo has to be the worst ever.

This is becasuse my family is such fans of THE Simpsons and when this episode released, we have a viewing party. My family watched the Ronaldo segment and pretended to laugh at it, even though it wasn't funny. I didn't laugh, and my father got mad at me and forced me to laugh.

Now? We watch the episode 1 time every week, and the Ronaldo scene 3 times every week. Also my dad quotes it fucking constantly. He always says the line 'Ronaldo away!'. literally 10 or 11 times a day. If he says it around me and I don't fucking laugh he makes me watch the entire episode back to back before I can resume my day (last week I forgot to laugh when he said it before dinner and he made me watch the episode 3 times before I was able to eat). Hero worship sucks, be grateful you are first world.
>>
>>83470109
First world has that too. Us Swiss people aren't allowed to not like Federer.
Although it's pretty hard to hate him anyway.
>>
Fuck performance, Andy Dick on principle alone.
>>
>>83468329
Lena Dunham herself.
http://www.truthrevolt.org/commentary/lena-dunham-threatens-sue-truth-revolt-quoting-her
>>
>>83468978
Does Albert Brooks count? Unlike Lovitz and Grammar he had no recurring character and would just show up on tangent once in a blue moon
>>
>>83468978
Steve Sax
>>
I tried to post Adam West.

fourty
five
minutes ago
>>
As much as i love Homer at the Bat, the baseball players were pretty terrible

At least the lines they had were good, so there's that
>>
File: 1375563062337.jpg (196 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1375563062337.jpg
196 KB, 640x512
>>83468978
Leonard Nimoy.

What's /co/'s opinion on Stan Lee's cameo? I thought the angry dad plot was pretty poor, but some of the lines Stan got were great

>He's not the Hulk, I'm the Hulk! Raaarrghhhh....I really did it once...

>But only Batman fits in my Batmobile
>Nonsense, the Thing fits right in
>Nyargh! You broke my Batmobile!
>Broke, or made better?
>>
>>83470617

Even if I didn't exactly find those stan lee jokes hysterical, it at least sounded like stan lee was really into doing it and was having fun, which is more than you can say for just about any of the hundreds of athletes they've had guest star on the show
>>
>>83465383
>>83465383
Probably Michael Jackson in Homer Goes to Prison for Wearing Pink for No Raisin.

It was so overhyped that when it happened it just wasn't funny at all, instead of being mildly amusing.
>>
>>83470210
Thanks, I think
>>
File: ozzy west.png (540 KB, 500x729) Image search: [Google]
ozzy west.png
540 KB, 500x729
>>83470470
We need a pic of Ozymandias declaring he did something 35 minutes ago and then Adam west countering that he already defeated that 45 minutes ago.
>>
>>83466179
Art Spiegelman was on the simpsons??
>>
File: oA6zFlp.gif (571 KB, 245x186) Image search: [Google]
oA6zFlp.gif
571 KB, 245x186
>>83470617
>A solar eclipse. The cosmic ballet goes on.
>>
>>83470789
Yep. Maus was in the house.
>>
Julian Assange. I've never heard worse acting in my life.
>>
>>83470617
I loved the stan lee guest star
me and my brothers to this day still say "broke or made better"
>>
>>83466179
MASHO
>>
>>83468516
At least Ron Howard saved that episode from being totally awful.
>>
>>83468978

Mulder and Scully.
>>
>>83471572
Him ripping off his shirt and thinking he could turn into the Hulk was also excellent. The rest of the episode was "eh," but Stan was great.
>>
File: pull the trigger piglet.png (279 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
pull the trigger piglet.png
279 KB, 500x495
>>83467405
'The Gravity's Rainbow Cookbook'
christ
>>
File: pinecone.jpg (57 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
pinecone.jpg
57 KB, 600x800
>>83466179
>>83467400
>>83473457

It wasn't great, but I have to be glad that they even got Pynchon in the first place. In case you didn't know, Pynchon's never done a single interview, and all his photos are decades old aside from one recent photo taken from a distance papparrazzi style (the photographer tried to shake Pynchon's hand right after but he told him to fuck off). This is literally the only record we have of Pynchon's normal speaking voice (he recorded lines for a trailer of his book but he's doing a dumb hippie voice).

>>83467405

It's fitting that the worst line there is by the Simpsons writers and not a Pynchon pun. I wish they kept in his, "stuffs a page or two under bag. Eating noises" joke.
>>
>>83468090
First thing thing that came to my mind too.
>>
>>83468131
One episode is fine, but didn't she appear in the show a few more times?
>>
>>83470617
I love the Stan Lee cameo. I still laugh my ass off when he crams the Thing figure into the kid's Batmobile.
>>
>>83468978
Mark Hamil.
Bette Midler.
>>
>>83474817
Mark Hamill gets extra points for playing an actual character well enough that you wouldn't know it was him and playing a version of himself in the same episode.
>>
>>83470589
Mike scioscia's narrative of working at the power plant was gold
>>
>>83468978
David Byrne
>>
>>83465383
Elon Musk
he was so fucking boring
>>
>>83468965
>Mr. Burns and Smithers finally do it.

They finally find a way to fit into the Spruce Moose?
>>
>>83468823
I enjoyed REM's appearance. I wouldn't put it as the best nor worse though.
'THATS NOT THE REM WAY!'
>>
>>83470184
whats the whole context of Andy Dick?
>>
>>83476200
Andy Dick indirectly caused the death of Phil Hartman and bragged about it.
Jon Lovitz beat the shit out of him for it.
>>
File: 1347796386489.jpg (92 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1347796386489.jpg
92 KB, 300x300
>>83470109
>>
File: 1457511375467.gif (1 MB, 268x274) Image search: [Google]
1457511375467.gif
1 MB, 268x274
>ctrl+f ricky gervais
>no results
>>
Ricky Gervais was one of the worst for me
>>
>>83468978
Mel gibson
>>
>>83469410
THEY ROBBED THE SCHOOL OF TITO
>>
File: 1446983245130.jpg (48 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1446983245130.jpg
48 KB, 512x384
>>83469877
>>
>>83470909
Does anyone want to switch seats?
>>
>>83469814
>but the general off the wallness of
I c wat u did thar
>>
Here we go. The top 15 worst guest stars in Simpsons history:

1. Kid Rock
2. Lady Gaga
3. Lena Dunham
3. Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger
4. Simon Cowell
5. Gary Coleman
6. Jeff Goldblum
7. Sacha Baron Cohen
8. Larry Hagman
9. John Goodman
10. Katy Perry
11. Jeremy Irons
12. Rupert Murdoch
13. Justin Bieber
14. Mel Gibson
15. Martin Sheen
>>
>>83481860
>1. Kid Rock
Nothing wrong with his performance and he's in there for less than a few minutes. The biggest problem with it is how shoehorned it is.
>2. Lady Gaga
Everything bad associated with that episode is the script and Gaga pandering, her acting is the least of its problems.
>5. Gary Coleman
He was fine. Hell that was one of the few times he gave a shit in a performance after Different Strokes.
>>83481860
>10. Katy Perry
>13. Justin Bieber
That's the joke.jpg
>>
>>83481860
Lady Gaga (obviously)
Tony Blair
JK Rowling
Pharrell Williams
Justin Bieber
Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger
Sacha Baron Cohen
Kid Rock
>>
No mention of Elon Musk being a bad actor? And I actually think that Martin Sheen and Gary Coleman were both great.
>>
LGG sucked because of the plot and writing more than Gaga's acting which was above average.

Every second of listening to Sacha Baron Cohen in TGSED was torture.
>>
>>83482002
>>83482192
These. Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger were way worse because it was obvious how phoned in it was and they were featured in what was the worst episode of the Golden Age.
>>
>>83469410
Now I realize about that condom dispenser
>>
>>83481860
My list:

AB and KB
Mark McGwire
Britney Spears
Tom Brady
Lebron James
Dennis Rodman
Cory Monteith
Lea Michele
Amber Riley
Katy Perry
Lady Gaga
Lena Dunham
>>
The worst was Lucy Liu, not because of anything she did, but because she was in one of the top 5 worst episodes of the entire series.
>>
Worst guests stars?

Kid Rock
Most sports people (classic seasons included)
Ray Romano
Ted Nugent
The American Idol judges
The Glee people
Katy Perry
Lady Gaga
Justin Bieber
Elon Musk

Good guest stars wasted in bad episodes: The Who, Stephen Colbert
>>
File: 1456572226811.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456572226811.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>People saying bit roles like Kid Rock and Britney Spears are worse than Lady Gaga full episode focus
>>
I liked the Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger episode

Probably because I had no idea who they were
>>
Lady Gaga
The Who
Tom Brady
Lenny Kravitz
David Lander
Seth MacFarlane
Martha Stewart
Kareem Abdul Jabar
Amy Poehler
The Futurama cast
Tony Blair
Dolly Parton
Jeremy Irons
Paul Newman
Ben Stiller
Alec Baldwin
Seth Rogen
Elon Musk
Jane Fonda
>>
>>83482475
Ron Howard saved that episode...barely
>>
Sacha Baron Cohen (terrible, ear-splitting delivery and his character also wasn't that interesting)
Katy Perry (can't act at all)
Elon Musk (awful acting and his character wasn't very interesting)
Lady Gaga (duh)
Justin Bieber (completely pointless appearance)
Kid Rock (mostly because that was an awful episode)
Ricky Gervais (Al Jean hyped him up so much, but he was almost worthless)
Seth MacFarlane (barely even tried)
>>
>>83482542
>The Who
Fuck you.
>>
>>83482691
>Justin Bieber (completely pointless appearance)
That's the joke.jpg
>>
Blink 182. I'm not sure if musical guests suck because they are given nothing to do or if the writing got so much worse but I remember guests from the classic era like the Ramones and Aerosmith were great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIJaFX9PTsU

>Go to hell you old bastard

Gets me every time.
>>
Sacha Baron Cohen: Too bad because they made a pretty funny guy totally unfunny and irritating. His voice is one of the main reasons that episode is unwatchable.
Elon Musk: Probably the most boring guest star of all time
Lady Gaga: Literally all of her scenes in LGG were horrible and completely cringeworthy
Ricky Gervais: Homer Simpson, This Is Your Wife was a bad episode already and he just made it worse
Mel Gibson: He was ok but I'm not a huge fan of him and his performance in BB was kind of annoying
Kid Rock: Awful and cringeworthy
Katy Perry: The third act of The Fight Before Christmas was horrible and she was one of the main reasons for it
Justin Bieber: Pointless
Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger: They struck me as probably the first really pointless guest stars in the show's history
The Glee people
>>
>>83482908
>The Glee people
This. Any guest that's just an obvious ploy for promotion was terrible.
>>
>>83482908
>Katy Perry: The third act of The Fight Before Christmas was horrible and she was one of the main reasons for it
I'm surprised more people don't hate this. It's probably one of the worst things the Simpsons ever did. Yes, KP was pretty bad but I actually hate the puppets more. Also Moe at his creepiest. Literally everything about it is awful.
>>
Ronaldo was the worst easily. His acting was almost nonexistent, both in the original and the Portuguese dub (which he also did). Lady Gaga was actually a pretty good actor, but the episode itself was horrible.
>>
Hard mode: what was the BEST post season 20 celeb cameo?
>>
Yao Ming's line in the episode he was in (homer and ned's hail mary pass I think) was the worst delivered line i've ever heard. Just as bad as Elon Musk & Sascha Baron Cohen; nothing else comes close to the awfulness of those appearances.
>>
Elon Musk. He put absolutely no effort into his acting and it shows throughout the episode.
>>
(I'm leaving out people who guested as themselves because I know it'll just be a bunch of posts listing Kid Rock, N*SYNC, etc.)

Personally, my least favorites are:
-Simon Cowell as Henry in "Start & Smarter", since he was just playing a thinly veiled version of himself. Yeah, John Waters did the same thing, but he can do that because he's about a million times cooler than Simon Cowell. Plus, John felt a natural character within the show, while Cowell's character was just a "haha, he's judging babies like American Idol contestants" joke. Lame.
-Parker Posey as Becky in "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge". Her voice acting performance was so bland and dull.
-Sacha Baron Cohen in "The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed". You know how Sacha Baron Cohen is both funny and annoying? It's like they took away the funny and just replaced it with more annoying.
>>
>>83469410
Fucking this.
>>
Sacha Baron Cohen runs away with this.

I didn't mind Simon Cowell as much because I wasn't entirely sure if he was playing himself or a character. If it had been Simon Cowell as himself, it wouldn't have been all that bad.
>>
Steve Buscemi, useless in Brake My Wife, Please.
>>
>>83483590
Useless he may be, but again, he played himself. If we listed all the worst guest stars to appear as themselves, we'd be here all day. (And besides, nobody beats John Updike in that category.)
>>
>>83483198
Flight of the Conchords
>>
Sacha's character really does run away with this but to his defense, it's not his fault his character was so annoying...and it was a lot more than just that character that made that episode such a horrid plane crash.

Also, I'd like to point out that almost every actress they get to play a Bart girlfriend has been awful. Yeah there's some like Sarah Michelle Gellar who were alright but most of the time they almost always play a completely flat, cardboard cutout who has no function other than as a plot device. Hell thinking about it they don't tend to even have many lines. It's like the show's complimentary special-guest star archetype they have ready for any lady who wants to be on the simpsons (yippie!) for cool points.

At least it's an efficient system I guess though.
>>
File: Bret-Hart-on-The-Simpsons.png (234 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Bret-Hart-on-The-Simpsons.png
234 KB, 500x375
Best guest star hands down
>>
File: ca8[1].jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ca8[1].jpg
45 KB, 600x600
>>83483882
>canadian detected
>>
File: aw_yeah.jpg (41 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
aw_yeah.jpg
41 KB, 400x267
>>83473283
Worth it for this one scene alone.
>>
Carmen Electra
>>
Sarah Silverman as much as I love her absolutely sucked.
>>
this is a no-brainer for me... Jeremy Irons.
I'd rather pretend he never provided a voice in the Simpsons and has only been referenced in the Lisa's Rival anagram game.
Jeremy's Iron is how I will choose to remember his contribution to the Simpsons - not voicing a sentient dishrag.
>>
I would say the opposite. It is worse whenever a guest star plays him or herself and has a major role in the episode than just a brief cameo. Not that I like most cameos either, but at least they are brief. This is how you get episodes like Lisa Goes Gaga and Beyond Blunderdome. And it is also why I think Krusty Gets Kancelled is the worst episode of the classic era (not including Season 8). They are just usually very clumsily written into the show. That isn't to say all guest stars playing themselves are bad; Linda Ronstadt and Tito Puente are obvious exceptions.
>>
Lady Gaga. The episode was really just a promotion of the artist itself, it didn't really fit in with the rest of the season
>>
Mike Scioscia (in MoneyBART)
>>
Gaga and Sacha Baron Cohen are by far the worst.
I love how everyone says Justin Bieber only because he's Justin Bieber, he had one throwaway line. It was dumb but there have been many way worse guest stars before him.

Another bad one would be Ricky Gervais, both his appearances were awful which is too bad since I think he is really funny.
>>
Gaga based on the fact that I think it's pretty much the only Simpsons episode in existence that doesn't even feel like a Simpsons episode. It feels like a fanfic.

Which is a pretty big sign of the guest star not being written in properly if you ask me.
>>
>>83484402
hmm, what other guest stars who played themselves have had a whole episode about them? right now i can only think of Mel Gibson.
>>
Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger, as well as Cheech and Chong.

It's pretty much guaranteed that an episode that is about a guest star playing themselves is going to be bad, in my opinion. It would be pretty difficult to incorporate them into the Simpsons' lives somehow in a way that makes very much sense and is enjoyable to watch (both Lady Gaga and Mel Gibson are excellent examples of that).
>>
>>83484452
Micheal Jackson
>>
>>83484484
Michael Jackson playing a mental patient that thought he was Michael Jackson doesn't count.
>>
File: MEAT.jpg (105 KB, 740x450) Image search: [Google]
MEAT.jpg
105 KB, 740x450
>>83484452
Lady Gaga, who shills Lisa.
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.