[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /co/ what do you think of the fact that more of the newer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: hello darkness my old friend .jpg (40 KB, 502x406) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness my old friend .jpg
40 KB, 502x406
hey /co/

what do you think of the fact that more of the newer cartoonists have more of an anime influenced art style (and even plot)

do you think it's good or bad ?
>>
>>83464202
they really don't.
they SHOULD, but they don't. modern stuff is less anime looking and sounding than ever
>>
>anime influenced art style
Pic unrelated
>>
>>83464202
Get back to your general.
>>
i think it's good, we have a lot of good artists making cartoons and even though anime influence is visible in their styles they create appealing and memorable aesthetics they can call their own.
>>
>>83464202
I think that artists finding outside influences is a good thing. There shouldn't be any real criteria for what types of art and stories belong in anime vs cartoons, artists from all around the world should be able to tell the stories they want to tell in the way they want to tell it.
>>
>>83464389
Buh..but the eyes are large! ANIME!
>>
>>83464202
>anime influenced art style
How does one have an animation influenced art style?
>>
>>83464202
wasn't this thread made once before?
>>
File: 1460156578095.png (306 KB, 330x495) Image search: [Google]
1460156578095.png
306 KB, 330x495
>>83464202

It's Cyclical.

The East was influenced by the West, now the West is influenced by the East.

This will happen for so long as we have contact with each other. There is no great debate and whether you like it or not is irrelevant.
>>
i mean it's difficult to really tell what's influenced from anime and what's not when it comes to a lot of art styles.

but i'd rather see more shows where the artists may or may not have been influenced by anime, with their style sort of reflecting some of its elements, than that awful faux-anime style of a decade or so ago where they're deliberately trying to imitate it and utterly failing.
>>
>>83464708

Nah, it's not difficult at all, for example: everything French is weeb by default
>>
>>83464792
guess I meant for something like steven universe

obviously the crew draws on anime for a lot of aspects, but I wouldn't say the style on its own necessarily says that for many of the characters
>>
>>83464358
It looks anime but not in a modern way: You can really see the Tezuka influence
>>
Don't really care, more power to them
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.