[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize you were no longer the target audience for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: 1364244133538.gif (1019 KB, 240x182) Image search: [Google]
1364244133538.gif
1019 KB, 240x182
When did you realize you were no longer the target audience for Marvel comics?
>>
when they gave Bendis the X-Men
>>
When I was in the 3rd grade
>>
>>83458283
When the gimmick was patriotism = fascism and there was an editorial mandate to shit on Cyclops and X-men got kicked out of everything and they stopped selling/making X-men merch (and repeatedly lied about it).

So over the past few years.

I don't think they even know who their target audience is.
>>
Whor
>>
Superior Spider-Man
>>
>>83458283

Only you have to do to appeal to the white men in 4chan is show off a crazy cute waifu.
>>
>>83458283
we all have to grow up some time, OP
>>
When they gave Bendis the Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
A while ago. I dunno if it was excessive pandering, constant reboots, "movie synergy", the exodus of talent or some combination of all four, but in recent years the only book I actually found myself having pleasure reading was Duggan/Posehn's Deadpool.
ANAD was the point I decided I had no interest in even looking at new developments from afar.
>>
>>83458283
One More Day
>>
Movie synergy was the final straw.
>>
>>83458283
A-Force #5 from a few years ago.

I can forgive the SJW pandering. It's the lack of editing that ran me off.
>>
>>83459650
It's not even synergy, really. They've just been completely creatively bankrupt. Not a single original idea that isn't copying the movies and/or trying to cash in on their popularity.
>>
>>83458283
When they introduced the Ultimate Universe.
>>
we are the audience though, they live off our anger
>>
I never was. I'm not a flaming homosexual.
>>
>>83458283
When Sins Past happened.
>>
House of M.
>>
When they tried to turn ghost rider into a woman
>>
once i realized that superhero comics cannot have any permanent change by virtue of their history and business model, and thus any good or bad story was temporary and ultimately meaningless as a whole despite good stories. I'd love to see more creator owned stories in american comics but theyre not what the american comic industry was built on so im not holding my breath.
>>
>>83458587
I am the same. I kind of like not having to waste time reading or caring and saving some money is good too.
>>
>>83458363
>>83458385
>>83458587
>>83458450

You all act like a good 90% of comic runs aren't complete trash and haven't been since their inception. You could probably fit every good, respectable issue there ever was in Marvel/DC on a napkin.

>>83458382

This is the only thing that concerns me. There has always been political posturing in comics but it's getting to the point where it's no longer posturing, it's infection.
>>
>>83458283
When I first started posting on /co/ and never read another comic book again outside of storytimes
>>
>>83458283
Trouble

I noped right out of Marvel and haven't bought a trade since.
>>
>>83460185
The questions one has to ask oneself once in a while while following a serialized story is: "Do I actually care?" "Am I interested in what the future holds for these characters?" "Am I in a toxic relationship with a work of fiction?"
If the answer for the first two is "no", then one can assume the answer for the third would be "yes". And that's where you have to nut up and quit.
>>
File: [Spoons Rattling].jpg (23 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
[Spoons Rattling].jpg
23 KB, 500x350
When I stopped reading non-imprint Big Two for good.
>>
>>83458283
when I saw what they did to Absorbing Man in Whor.

yes, the guy who can literally turn himself into the same metal Mjolnir's made out of, decided instead to absorb straw, because the writer for Whor's a fucking retard.

that whole scene was a giant fucking mess, he was an obvious strawman despite having perfectly valid points, this whole Whor fiasco is actually flying in the face of good counterpoints and just declaring them sexist.
>>
With the end of Young X-Men.
>>
I'm still the target audience of Marvel though
>>
When I stopped reading comics for nostalgia-locked manchildren.
>>
>implying /co/ isn't the target audience when /co/ talks about Marvel twice as much than DC
>>
>>83458283

I was never the target audience

Get over it, faggot
>>
>>83458283
When gay biker leather became the standard costume for X-Men.
>>
>>83459999
dc/fag detected, i still lol'd
>>
Avengers Assemble #1.

>waah but comics were always shit

there are degrees of shit, I think. We were well used to crossovers and bad writing but now it's really nothing *but* crossovers and bad writing and movie 'synergy'.

it was always about filtering the few gems from the ocean of shit but I feel like in modern Marvel the best we can hope for is something like 10 issues of King's Vision or such. We can't have Walt Simonson's Thor nowadays because books don't even last that long.
>>
>>83458283
I am the target audience
I'm in my 20s
I'm a minority
I've seen more marvel movies than I have completed entire runs of comics
>>
>>83458283
Sally Floyd against Cap
>>
>>83461595
Lookit at this tough guy. Wow everybody stand back!
>>
Sam Wilson: Captain America.

They made Trump supporters into supervillains.
>>
File: Ok.png (120 KB, 350x270) Image search: [Google]
Ok.png
120 KB, 350x270
>>83458283
I never read comics. Seems like it was a good decision.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.