[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tfw I never understood the Bendis hate till this shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
File: Civil War II (2016-) 001-031.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Civil War II (2016-) 001-031.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
tfw I never understood the Bendis hate till this shit
>>
>>83454468
You never read his X Men or GOTG?
>>
>>83454487
Nope
>>
I've got 13% odds issue 3 Tony calms down and reconciles with Carol before Hawkeye kills Hulk or whatever.

Despite the bad writing of the battle Carol is 100% right. Should they have waited for Thanos to destroy Denver or something before attacking?
>>
>>83454468
You're kind of an idiot then.
>>
>>83454544
LEAVE CLINT ALONE BENDIS.
CANT YOU SEE HES BEEN SHAT ON TOO MANY TIMES?
>>
>>83454517
So you never read the stuff people hate and then didn't understand why they hate it?
>>
>Rhodey is seriously wounded in an accident in Civil War movie
>Rhodey is killed in an accident in obvious movie cash-in Civil War II comic
Totally not a coincidence. Good job, Bendis.
>>
>>83454657
It wouldn't be a bendis event without Clint getting shat on.
>>
>>83454544
There's really no reason for Tony to be against it. It's forced conflict in the worst way.

That said, considering they knew where and when Thanos would pop up, they should have brought literally everybody who wasn't occupied or dead to the battle. No excuse.
>>
>>83454544
I think just about anyone could have written a better pitch for this than Bendis. The Thanos stuff comes across just as contrived as anything else.
>>
>>83454723
His New Avengers didnt fuck Clint up too badly when he was Ronin and-

Oh. Thats why.
>>
>>83454544
This.
All Bendis had to do was write a morally ambiguous situation that made Ulysses look bad so that Tony blaming precognition for Rhodey's death is justifiable. But that's not what we got. His motivations are emotional, not rational, so I can't agree with him.
>>
>>83454544
with anti-Hulk arrows?
>>
>>83454755

Bendis just used Thanos as a blunt THREAT and didn't give thought to him.

>>83454837

You make it so he sees an Explosion and boom you are set.
>>
>>83454868
Thanos killing arrows, those are the only ones who work on Hulks. Almost instant kill. They agonize a bit.
>>
File: hawkeye.png (3 MB, 1281x652) Image search: [Google]
hawkeye.png
3 MB, 1281x652
>>83454657

100% hilarious every time
>>
>>83454468
>The Guardians of the Galaxy gave us intel that Thanos was on his way to steal a cosmic cube and Rhodey died after he volunteered to stop him
>Tragic. I'm glad that at least he died a hero's death, on his own terms.

>The inhuman precog who predicted the giant monster attack told us that Thanos was coming to steal a cosmic cube and Rhodey died after he volunteered to stop him
>OMG YOU ARE A MONSTER YOU KILLED RHODEY AND THIS IS NO WAY ANYONE ELSE'S FAULT WE ARE A CIVIL WAR NOW HOW COULD CAROL YOU SHITLORDS KILLED RHODEY
>>
>>83454468
>Heroes prevent Thanos to do his evil stuff and Rhodey dies
>"You monsters! How dare you to play gods?"

>Thanos gets to do his evil stuff and Rhodey still dies
>"It's ok he died a hero we will always remember him"
>>
>>83454837
Unless Tony believes Thanos is a small time villain who wouldn't have done much harm.

he would kinda be right after all the nerf he suffered, Thanos is a joke nowadays and that's shit writing that has been going for many years now.
>>
>>83454837

they should've used Nitro again.
like Ulysses precogs a group doing something, doesn't know Nitro is there (or at least doesn't know who he is), they all go in, guns-a-blazing, he gets spooked and goes BOOM, kills Rhodey.
>>
>>83455053
Or even better
>Ulysses sees nitro causing a massive explosion
>heroes go after him
>Nitro is just chilling and causes a massive explosion in self defense agains the attacking heroes
>>
>>83454959
What makes you think Tony would go that easy on the Guardians.

Hell I would get even more mad because its their job to protect the Galaxy from cosmic threats like Thanos.
>>
>>83455102

right.
like what Ulysses sees only happens if they act upon it. He sees possible futures, not things set in stone.
>>
>>83455119
You're kind of missing the point, but if you say so
>The Sh'iar gave us intel that Thanos was on his way to steal a cosmic cube and Rhodey died after he volunteered to stop him
>Tragic. I'm glad that at least he died a hero's death, on his own terms.
>>
>>83454487
>reading X-Men
>>
>>83455102
That wouldn't work either. Nitro is a mass murderer and a wanted fugitive. If heroes know where he is, they have an obligation to stop him.
It would have to be someone that has never done anything before, like say a Nuhuman with explosion powers just chillin out then freaks out when heroes try to arrest him for no reason as far as he's concerned.
>>
>>83454544
>>Should they have waited for Thanos to destroy Denver or something before attacking?
Why not? Bendis Avengers always act after the big threat has killed hundreds or other smaller heroes. Remember Alpha Flight? Or Jennifer Kale? Or when the U-Foes blew up that football stadium?

Those lives don't matter compared to the ones they actually know.
>>
I don't have the numbers but I think they're still up with using Ulysses. They did beat a Celestial
>>
So it's Tony's fault that Steve got shot with the time bullet because Tony is the reason Steve was where he was when it happened?
>>
>>83455048
I dunno, Hickman wrote Thanos as an actual threat during Infinity and with the Cabal so I was hoping the trend would change. Guess not, maybe when Ewing finally gets to use him in Ultimates things will change?
>>
>>83455217

duh.
>>
>>83455156
>>83455156
are you saying Tony only overreacted because it was Carol and he would be fine if it was anyone else?
>>
>>83454468
I don't understand why all of them are making a big deal out of one Inhuman. Aren't there several other characters with the same or similar powers? Wasn't Mystique's girlfriend Destiny all about this shit?
>>
I think the biggest thing that depresses me about this event is how manufactured it is but it doesn't even make sense.
>>Civil War movie is a month done in theaters and I think everyone has moved on.
>>Iron Man hates future predictions because...
>>Iron Man's plan is to kill the future seer? What is his goal here?
>>Already 2 deaths
>>Another being advertised.
>>Sides aren't drawn until issue 4, which means all the tie ins will be fluff until it's actually hero vs. hero.
>>How much you want to bet there will only be one brawl at the rate Bendis is going?

The worst part is that I seen some people praise the book and by some people, I mean Tumblr fangirls who are getting wet over Tony and love that he cries so much this issue.
>>
>>83455335
No, we're saying that Tony overreacted because the source of the intel that Thanos would be there was Ulysses. If the source of the intel had been anything else, Tony wouldn't react like this.
>>
>>83454544
>carol is right
Nah Tony is right
What happens when it gets too far?
It'll be like 1984 with thoughtcrime and shit but futurecrime
You can show up to where the shit will go down and stop it, but stopping someone and incarcerating them before they break any laws is just fucked
>>
>>83455564
But that's not what's happened yet, Thanos' attack has nothing to do with this morality debate. The Monority Report scenario is something that COULD happen, but nobody is doing that yet.
And there's the irony: Tony is against going after people for something they could do, then he goes after Ulysses for something he could do.
>>
>>83454837
Or, Tony could get mad at Carol for having forewarning that Thanos was coming and NOT TELLING ANYBODY
>>
>>83455647
Ya but that was Tony's whole argument and Carol was like "dude what's wrong with that I can't believe this fuckin guy"
But yea Tony going after Ulysses is fucking dumb unless he's just gonna like try to stop carol from getting at him but still using his warning about huge shit? I don't know this whole event is dumb everybody's stupid
>>
>>83455229
Maybe getting caught was part of his plan.
>>
>>83457347
hes a big guy
>>
>>83454468
>that font style
Is this a parody? It seems like a parody
>>
>>83454468
Why did Carol kill Rhodey? As revenge for him killing She Hulk?
>>
>>83455564
The guy can only predict BIG APOCALIPSE LIKE events.

Só there eis no way to make a 1984.
>>
>>83454468
You'd think in a world full of life altering threats they would ask some healing superheroes to be part of a permanent medical staff to heal everything that's done.

I do remember quite a few mutants are famous for their healing powers.
>>
>>83458093

A parody?
>>
>Rhodey gets crippled in Civil War movie
>Bendis kills him in Civil War 2 comic

Does Bendis think he's creative?
>>
>>83454680
Hes literally plagiarizing at this point.
>Everything special about you came from a Spider
The fuck man? Avengers might have been 4 years ago but tweaking the line doesnt make you witty. Fucking hack
>>
>>83458310
We don't know that he can only predict those kind of events
None of the heroes know that either
>>
>>83454785
Exactly.
>>
>>83454468
I've hated Tony for a long time, so this was just icing on the cake.
>>
So is Tony becoming the worse character in Marvel right now? I mean hes always been........well Tony, but lately he seems been a piece of shit to nearly everyone
>>
>>83458618
>>83458562
>>83454680
Remember: this is the same guy who completely changed the Guardians of the Galaxy based on a rough draft of the screenplay for the movie.
>>
>>83458858
That and he completely shit on the symbiote and Agent Venom in just one issue
>>
>>83458778
Tony is right
He needs to team up with Cyclops and Maker and just go around being right
>>
>>83455564
No one's incarcerating anyone yet, if you tell someone about their wrongs in the future, odds are they won't do it.
>>
>>83458971
>Hey Peter! Let me just take Miles under my wing, improve a device you invented, and talk shit about your company. Oh and Mary Jane is working for me.
>>
>>83454544
Why does Hawkeye kill Hulk ?
>>
File: Civil-War-II-3.jpg (159 KB, 527x799) Image search: [Google]
Civil-War-II-3.jpg
159 KB, 527x799
>>83459339
>>
>>83459339
Because OOC, clearly.

It's Bendis. Remember, he made Clint asspained about Osborn enough to attempt assassination.

You can headcanon it as him being depressed and not giving a shit about this stuff anymore.
>>
>>83459436
>>83459466
Goddamn it Bendis...
>>
>>83454468

I really tried to give Bendis the benefit of the doubt over the years, but Civil War 2 has already shown me enough that Bendis is total fuckhead.

Seeing his responses to fan criticism and questions about some of the plot holes in the first issue and #0 really just put me over.

>hurrrr he had a Thanos busting missile the entire time!
>>
The worst thing about this issue is these fucking lame ass mid-tier heroes go up against Thanos and half of the casualties are friendly fire
>>
>>83460030
Yea like of all fucking people, war machine? When would he ever be up against thanos? Ever?
That's such horseshit
>>
File: mon.png (253 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
mon.png
253 KB, 435x435
>>83460230
Yes, the lame-ass mid-tier heroes who defeated Galactus without even a scratch.
>>
>>83454517

Lucky you.
>>
>>83460440
Remember when thanos bodied galactus and left him on his knees with his bald headed ass
>>
>>83458478

She-Hulk HAD self-healing powers.
>>
>>83460278

Seriously. If you KNOW 100% that mother fucking Thanos is coming. Why would you not send your heavy hitters?

The Ultimates were the only best fit for that situation. Where were the Avengers? SHIELD? Alpha Flight?

If that was a missile that could take out Thanos, who's pretty much almost immortal, what kind of lame ass exaplosion was that?
>>
>>83457524
with a big chin for you
>>
>>83458858
Yes also the same person who claims he never gets influenced by the films and THEY are inspired by his books
>>
>>83461562
He must've gotten unbearable to be around once someone in the movie department decided that a skyscraper looked cooler than a mansion.
>>
>>83461562
>and THEY are inspired by his books
He never said this.
>>
>>83458562
Even the art is barely trying to hide it.
>>
>>83458512
Like the MightyGodKing edits done for laughs
>>
>>83462802
MightyGodKing? He makes parodies right?
>>
File: All-New Hawkeye (2015-) 006-000.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
All-New Hawkeye (2015-) 006-000.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>83454657
>LEAVE CLINT ALONE BENDIS.
>CANT YOU SEE HES BEEN SHAT ON TOO MANY TIMES?

>splodie arrow
>(it goes boom!)
>>
>>83459436
What? Doesn't Banner not currently have a Hulk issue? I thought Amadeus Cho was the current Hulk. But that's clearly not Amadeus.... Fucking Bendis...
>>
File: Holy Smokes.jpg (95 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Holy Smokes.jpg
95 KB, 1024x768
>Carol goes up against Thanos bc she's overconfident
>That overconfidence gets Rhody killed
>Tony blame Carol

You people are fucking retarded. Bendis is a shit writer, but Civil War II isn't why. It's fine. You just want to bitch because it's an event and a sequel and written by a hack and you all want to prove how good you are at jacking each others dicks.

baka
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.